Verified:

mrcuban Game profile

Jun 2nd 2017, 0:53:35

That pathetic clan that could have gone out with a bang, but got their female parts twisted.

You clearly waited for SOFElders and LAF to burn each other eliminating your only real threat.. The declare war on the server thing was fluffed when you decided not to kill SOL. You went from burning the whole server to keeping favorites safe and now you go out as losers, rather than killing the whole server, which would have been cool... You've blown over 10 years of history in one set and thats pretty sad.

You don't care, blah blah its your last set but that argument doesn't work either because you clearly care otherwise you would have killed SOL.

It's also a spit in the face because a game that has run for over 15 years takes time, and effort and you've basically said fluff YOU to those who were planning on trying to keep the game alive after you leave.

Justify it however you like, call those who call you out whingers but you've tainted the MD brand forever... well done.

I AM BATMAN

Jun 2nd 2017, 0:56:07

ONE BATMAN TO RULE THEM ALL!

Suncrusher Game profile

Jun 2nd 2017, 1:13:30

Cool story bro!

zerol Game profile

Jun 2nd 2017, 1:32:54

someone butt hurt lol... they dont care hahaha..

RandyMD Game profile

Jun 2nd 2017, 1:34:45

Your opinion is very valuable, thank you for taking the time and effort to make the post above. You should continue do to so, as you are a valued part of the community.

Email:

macmd Game profile

Jun 2nd 2017, 1:48:18

Thanks for sharing!

Atryn Game profile

Jun 2nd 2017, 2:28:41

Duly noted.

Catchy Game profile

Jun 2nd 2017, 2:33:03

Write it how you like. We're having fun.

UBer Bu Game profile

Jun 2nd 2017, 2:34:11

-take off every sig.

Suicidal Game profile

Jun 2nd 2017, 2:43:48

Remember who?

IgnitionCWG Game profile

Jun 2nd 2017, 3:23:58

Uber BU sighting
*Splat*

Taveren Game profile

Jun 2nd 2017, 4:22:55

People are going to believe their own narrative but I'll make an effort to respond anyway. MD did not want SoFElders and LaF to burn each other to the ground. Our initial plan was to hit one of the two 4~5 weeks into the set. When LaF struck during week 2, we had to move to a contingency plan. At the time our strats weren't ready and we had a lot of returning vets who weren't very proficient at developing their countries. Rushing our time table and letting another alliance dictate our tempo wasn't something that interested us. Fatigue is another factor. Unlike (SoF)Elders and SOL, MD doesn't do well in prolonged wars. Four weeks of fighting a close war is generally MD's limit. After that, apathy and chat leader burn out become serious issues. If MD hasn't built a strong lead, or negotiating toward ceasefire, they probably lose.

Declaring war on the server was a contingency and it's been met with endless criticism since the declaration was made. MD wouldn't hit netting alliances. MD would slaughter netting alliances. MD wouldn't hit SoFElders. It took about a week for MD to work its way through most of the server's alliances because we wanted to avoid blindsiding too many people. Omega, Monsters, and PDM were all notified of our intent and some buy ups were seen in response (shout out to Dorsai and Henrik). I greatly appreciate that they engaged us. Those three alliances weren't the only ones notified. MD's intent to war was heavily telegraphed and when SOL asked about a week prior to the end of last set, I didn't have the heart to say no. So yeah, I played favorites. That should have been clear based on how we treated with Omega, Monsters and PDM. Regardless, that one is on me.

Despite SOL not being a target, and SoFElder's approach, the remainder of the server had a very strong turn advantage that they could use to compete. It was used to very great effect the weekend on the 23rd when the server closed the gap and even took a NW lead. To say the server never stood a chance is a huge discredit to LaF (and the other anti-MD organizers). The threat of volume based lemming kills was always there and if SOL had joined the server MD would have likely lost its capacity to fight effectively within 2 weeks of FS.

Justify the emotions however you like, but MD's leaders (Slash, Maverick, Rlenga and I) are accountable to MD's members, not the rest of the server. Despite that, we tried our best to avoid complete blindsides. We tried to telegraph our moves. We tried to mitigate our negative impact on the future of the game. Whether we succeed or not remainds to be seen. In the end, not everyone is walking away. Most of the MDers who played last set will likely continue with other alliances. MD's reason for disbanding is leadership fatigue.

Mrcuban, and a whole lot more of you toxic dumpster posters, has made a lot of assumptions with little insight and a whole lot of cognitive bias. Be upset but don't pretend to comprehend the choices that were made.

It's cute that you'll remember MD though <3
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Skype: som3thingclassy

KSFRekuyukai Game profile

Jun 2nd 2017, 4:59:42

Well put Tav, i actually like quite a few of the individuals tagged in each alliance even if i don't like the alliance as a whole. We at LaF were like we could fluff out and just vaca or quit or we could turn this fluff around and lead this server war to victory. Personally the only reason i hit SoL in all this was b/c i dont like when people sit out of a server war. While i still think it would have been funny watching you guys wreck SoL i figured why not get them involved. Ruth if you get this which you likely will im still here im still kicking. We may not actually pull off the tagkill but we are working on it and dammit Tav die already :p.

K_L Game profile

Jun 2nd 2017, 5:26:05

Code word "the sand is in the vag"
I feel like mission accomplished...

mold Game profile

Jun 2nd 2017, 7:23:01

classic

Originally posted by UBer Bu:

zygotic Game profile

Jun 2nd 2017, 8:48:19

To me you'll be remembered as omega's great friend. Right up until the last reset when you threw the friendship away and broke the pact to hit us. Well done

Taveren Game profile

Jun 2nd 2017, 9:46:15

Originally posted by zygotic:
To me you'll be remembered as omega's great friend. Right up until the last reset when you threw the friendship away and broke the pact to hit us. Well done

I can certainly see why you feel that way. MD and Omega had been friends since I started playing this game. Our pact was always marked as auto renew as far as I can remember. Unfortunately, our pact forum hasn't included an Omega thread for years. The language was there but it's quite difficult to consider someone a friend, let alone a great friend, when there's no communication for years. The last time MD had any contact with Omega in a foreign affairs capacity was back when I was still on top of pacts, doing due diligence, and checking in with MD's auto renews. It's likely been over three years since then and the check in were almost entirely initiated by MD. Even in those days it seemed as if MD was a friend to Omega in name only.

When iScode infiltrated MD and suicided on other alliances in an effort to force MD into an awkward position, Omega collected in full and was unwilling to accept reps less than what had been outlined in our pacts despite extenuating circumstances (200% L:L). SOL, LCN and even LaF reduce reps owed to varying degrees. During the days when LaF, SoF, And RD were repeatidly slaughtering MD, Omega would not take any action on MD's behalf. I realize that Omega likely couldn't survive a prolonged feud with that block but there was very little sympathy for MD's position. Omega would agree to police but wouldn't even go so far as to kill untagged countries that were damaging an at war MD.

I've never forgotten MD and Omega's storied friendship that began in 1998-1999. I stated several times earlier this set that I could empathize with the frustration Omega would feel. We even gave Omega a choice, terrible as it might have been. In recent years, the years since 2010, did Omega even think about how MD was feeling? What MD was doing? Did Omega care? Maybe Omega did, but it certainly didn't seem like it.

Edit: And what did MD do to break it's pact with Omega last set? I wasn't the most attentive Head and really only addressed things if they were brought directly to me.

Edited By: Taveren on Jun 2nd 2017, 9:53:01
See Original Post

Taveren Game profile

Jun 2nd 2017, 10:05:57

Originally posted by KSFRekuyukai:
Well put Tav, i actually like quite a few of the individuals tagged in each alliance even if i don't like the alliance as a whole. We at LaF were like we could fluff out and just vaca or quit or we could turn this fluff around and lead this server war to victory. Personally the only reason i hit SoL in all this was b/c i dont like when people sit out of a server war. While i still think it would have been funny watching you guys wreck SoL i figured why not get them involved. Ruth if you get this which you likely will im still here im still kicking. We may not actually pull off the tagkill but we are working on it and dammit Tav die already :p.

I''ve always had a soft spot for LaF, so much so that I'm fairly certain my own alliance can gets annoyed with me as a result. The reasons people hit SOL this set aren't lost on me either. Their situation going forward is probably the most precarious one. Hopefully some MDers join their ranks to help them out in the difficult times ahead. Good luck in the pursuit of your tag kill. Since our significant losses two week ends ago avoiding a tag kill has been one of MD's primary goals.

Ruth will likely be in touch next set. She's doing wedding activities these past few weeks.

Makinso Game profile

Jun 2nd 2017, 11:13:54

Please note that at this point I'm not in SOL leadership.

But to add some to some of tavs posts.
SOL and MD have been in a prolongued friendship since Dec 2011. We forged an FDP on the ridiculous hacking and cheating schemes of LaF at that time. (GHQ break ins, account stealing etc etc). I remember signing with MD (Tav, Arsenal and I think slash were leading MD). We were highly suspicious of each other. Hell we even said we didn't trust each other.

Over the years a close friendship between leaders and members was forged. Gaming friendships extended beyond EE. In EE SOL and MD stood against countless gangbangs and w/e. Hell we lost quite some wars and members protecting each other for the sake of friendship. We've stood by each other without much questioning unless questioning was needed to keep our relationship healthy. I can't speak for MD but in almost 20 years of SOL apart from The ArrowProject and maybe our SLIT days with IX we haven't had a committed FDP like MD for such a long time.

So when this set came SOL knew MD planned for possibly hitting SOL just like the rest. They did not out of pure friendship (my view btw not per say MDs) on SOLs request. We thank them for that.
And yes some SOLers are in MD atm including myself. I wasn't there because I wanted to kill stuff, but I am in MD because I wanted to honor MDs last set of friendship with SOL.
I also just wanted to have fun with some of the friends I made there in the past 5.5 years.

--------------------------------------------
As for the "Server" vs MD. I honestly believe if a few more tags had comitted to fighting MD as a group instead of just flying solo. The war would have tilted in the "servers" favor. It came to very close numbers at a certain week ago I even think "the server" was taking the lead in TNW killed and hits.
MD took that lead back only a few days ago.

Edited By: Makinso on Jun 2nd 2017, 11:16:11
See Original Post

IgnitionCWG Game profile

Jun 2nd 2017, 12:31:28

Well said Tav. Organizing multiple alliances together is always a struggle, let alone getting them all to organize together to fight back against what seems like uphill battle. I do think had SOL fought against MD the outcome would be different, but I've been very impressed with how close we came to getting a tagkill otherwise.

Burnout is a serious issue, considering LaF & SofElders have effectively fought 2 wars this set, and I commend those that have been sticking with it. While yes LaF could have sat out, we had FDPs that needed help. The strategy of only hitting a couple alliances at once was smart as other didn't believe they would be hit and didn't participate until a week+ later.

In the end it's a game and we are here to have fun. Watching azn and dragon snipe kills is always hilarious. Our broken warbot counting down for like 5 hours was great, thanks for QA testing it.

Hope to see a majority of the players stay, as this game needs people to stay fun, also I <3 my MD mafia players.
*Splat*

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Jun 2nd 2017, 15:01:08

Maki it was a good thing I found out you were not in SOL set, I was trying to talk soviet into FSing SOL for old times sake since you returned lol

https://gyazo.com/...b3bb28dddf908cdbcfd162513

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

Donny Game profile

Jun 2nd 2017, 15:23:57

fluffS
ICQ-105967052

Dear Asians who say they're not ninjas just because they're Asian,
That's exactly what a ninja would say.

Bombay Game profile

Jun 2nd 2017, 15:52:39

Delicious tears!

elvesrus

Jun 2nd 2017, 16:46:48

Originally posted by galleri:
Maki it was a good thing I found out you were not in SOL set, I was trying to talk soviet into FSing SOL for old times sake since you returned lol

he said he wasn't leadership ;)
Originally posted by crest23:
Elves is a douche on every server.

Akula Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 2nd 2017, 17:33:30

^ as he said
=============================
"Astra inclinant, sed non obligant"

SOL http://sol.ghqnet.com/
=============================

Suncrusher Game profile

Jun 2nd 2017, 18:04:12

Hi Donny

Originally posted by Donny:
fluffS

RLenga MD Game profile

Jun 2nd 2017, 19:21:00

Tav giving AT far more class then it deserves.

Makinso Game profile

Jun 2nd 2017, 20:17:36

Heya galleri!

How are ya.

Yeah in MD this set to honor our friendship one last time this set. Then back to SOL.
<3 the talks we had everytime we went to war haha. I think I still have some golden logs about those chats stored somewhere. have to fire up my desktop to find them though.

Arsenal

Jun 2nd 2017, 23:20:38

pfft.

Atryn Game profile

Jun 3rd 2017, 1:43:34

Well said Tav, et al!

I can only add lines I assume to be from early RAGE poet laureates....

We're just here...
For the beer....

macmd Game profile

Jun 3rd 2017, 2:11:23

Tav,

Although your post is very well put, it probably will do little to console those posters so deeply concerned with the grave damage that we've done to our branding.

mrcuban Game profile

Jun 3rd 2017, 10:33:14

Tav your post whilst well written actually doesn't serve any purpose but to justify your actions. It doesn't change your decision, and those justifications don't actually justify your actions. You simply replied with "hey we told everyone we were going to hit them, so that makes it okay'...

I bet you've all had a good laugh on your insite forums, you encourage each other after a new person gets upset... Its okay because this is our last set... The game and remaining players have been playing on thin ice, questioning whether to continue playing... Your actions essentially smashed a hammer through that ice, with a BIG WHO GIVES A fluff.

You also said SOL asked us not to him them, so we decided not too. If you actually read my post instead of just skim reading, you essentially confirmed your opinion which is 'this is our last set, so we don't give a fluff'.

Your point about being accountable only to your clan members is a joke. you also as the largest clan have a responsibility to those who have kept the game going, who have used their own time to make positive adjustments, to not just fluff them in the ass because you decide you don't want to play anymore. The damage as been done..

You can justify you hitting all the NETTING tags, that you've had close friendships with for over 10 years. You can say we had more turns, or more networth but when has ANY of those tags warred or warred well? I didnt hear anyone prepping for war against MD... Monsters, OMEGA, OMA, PDM, RAGE, LCN warred someone 10 x their size? You are one single organised well planned unit. There is no logical way you can justify your actions as being fair or resonable or that they had a chance to fight back?

You can justify your actions all YOU like because you aren't playing anymore, but you're only fooling the same MD members who share your view, and nobody else.

And just because you label my post a toxic post dump, it doesnt change the facts. Nothing of what i said was untrue. If so please correct me? I don't have an 'opinion' as i haven't been hit.

You can have a clear conscious about what you've done, instead of showing some form of appreciation like a butt hurt school kid, have said a big fluff YOU to the admins, the coders, the player base who was considering playing on, and said who cares...

well done

mold Game profile

Jun 3rd 2017, 11:03:19

are you playing next set?

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator

Jun 3rd 2017, 13:43:00

Originally posted by elvesrus:
Originally posted by galleri:

he said he wasn't leadership ;)

I must of missed that part somewhere in the beginning of the set. I only seen him on the forums, sometimes I skim through the bullfluff posts of EE. :P

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator

Jun 3rd 2017, 13:44:00

Originally posted by Makinso:
Heya galleri!

How are ya.

Yeah in MD this set to honor our friendship one last time this set. Then back to SOL.
<3 the talks we had everytime we went to war haha. I think I still have some golden logs about those chats stored somewhere. have to fire up my desktop to find them though.

LOL the FA chats with soviet are always golden logs. The stuff that comes out of my husband's mouth. Try being married to him. ;)

And I am goodl. Exhausted from the baby. Though she sleeps through the night. The only problem is there is a fight to get her to go to sleep at night, and she is only 3 months old! How does a 3 month old fight bedtime!?

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jun 3rd 2017, 14:58:14

galleri has a new baby?? congrats!!!

wait.... that must mean that Soviet has a new baby too.... may God have mercy on us all! (seriously congrats, though :p)

I won't comment on the political aspects but my general opinion is that anyone who leaves the game is a strong candidate to return at some point. If folks are leaving after this round, enjoy your last round and we'll see you when you're back :)

Whether you're sticking around or leaving, thanks for being a part of the game and community.
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff
pangaea [at] earthempires [dot] com

Boxcar - Earth Empires Clan & Alliance Hosting
http://www.boxcarhosting.com

Atryn Game profile

Jun 3rd 2017, 19:49:26

Originally posted by mrcuban:
I don't have an 'opinion' as i haven't been hit.

There's still time! I'm sorry you feel left out. #?

Taveren Game profile

Jun 4th 2017, 0:23:00

Originally posted by mrcuban:
Tav your post whilst well written actually doesn't serve any purpose but to justify your actions. It doesn't change your decision, and those justifications don't actually justify your actions. You simply replied with "hey we told everyone we were going to hit them, so that makes it okay'...

You can justify your actions all YOU like because you aren't playing anymore, but you're only fooling the same MD members who share your view, and nobody else.

And just because you label my post a toxic post dump, it doesnt change the facts. Nothing of what i said was untrue. If so please correct me? I don't have an 'opinion' as i haven't been hit.

You can have a clear conscious about what you've done, instead of showing some form of appreciation like a butt hurt school kid, have said a big fluff YOU to the admins, the coders, the player base who was considering playing on, and said who cares...

well done

You're mistaken. The intent of my post was never to justify the actions that MD has taken. It's insight, not a defense. It's about understanding, not morality. Your inability to recognize this only emphasizes how heavily rooted you are in your own warped reality.

We don't get a good laugh any time a new person gets upset or encourage each other to hurt the feelings of others because THIS ISN'T ABOUT YOU. It can be hard to stomach the realization that the world does not revolve around any one person. It can be hard to accept that people that disagree share the same world, the same game. MDers do give a fluff because they've been a part of those remaining players that have been playing on thin ice too. A number of MDers certainly continue to be part of that player base.

MD is well aware of the challenges that face several smaller and under prepared alliances must fight a single, larger opponent. Despite that, those smaller alliances have done a remarkable job and again, they have my gratitude.

There is a clear disconnect between MD and others on what constitutes a close friendship. Those in a close friendship don't go two years without any effort to talk with each other, though it's clear that some would disagree.

These are the facts. I can't fully understand the feelings of those we've hurt this set. The best I can do now is try. I can try to create a dialogue. I can try to listen and empathize. You, mrcuban, have made it abundantly clear that my efforts are wasted. Rather than reading to comprehend and understand, you read to respond and confirm your perceptions. Like millennial crying for a safe space, you've dismissed any view that challenges your own and covered your ears rather than seek to listen to those that would open a dialogue with you.

Good luck with your finish and please tell me which alliance you are with so I can avoid playing there.

<3

Edited By: Taveren on Jun 4th 2017, 0:39:11
See Original Post

Arsenal

Jun 4th 2017, 0:45:09

I reiterate my pfft.

Warster Game profile

Game Moderator

Jun 4th 2017, 0:54:43

I have no hard feelings about MD's decision. We at monsters generally are always semi war ready (normally always carry SDI and warfare tech) only thing that sucked was getafix, he was on track for a really good finish but he was also the first to reject MD's offer :)
FFA- TKO Leader
Alliance- Monsters

MSN
ICQ 28629332

Taveren Game profile

Jun 4th 2017, 1:02:44

Monsters was the alliance I had the hardest time hitting (sorry Evo and Omega). It may have been years ago but Monsters was a key player in flipping the board when MD getting crushed every set. Thankfully, you appeared to take things in stride and gave us an amazing challenge in Dorsai.

Zorp Game profile

Jun 4th 2017, 1:42:08

Hell, Getafix was single handedly financing me and cyref into some of the biggest breakers and spies against you, while stifling your attempts at the kill. I must say I was impressed when you took him out. He was on and walling the best he could. It must have taken 2000 turns or so to get him. Even more impressive when you blew another 500-1000 turns on oden in the same killchat.

That said, your justifications about leaving SOL alone are fluff. You guys simply didnt want a challenge. You wanted a guaranteed steamroll and you got it, simple as that. Pretending otherwise is pretty ridiculous.

Zorp Game profile

Jun 4th 2017, 1:42:10

repost derp

IgnitionCWG Game profile

Jun 4th 2017, 2:58:48

If you could just stop walling with your last originals, that would be great. Kthxbi
*Splat*

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 4th 2017, 12:48:52

Tav,

A bit of insight I was unaware of....

That sol came to you before the set. I had assumed incorrectly that you guys worked something out during the laf/sofelders war. It looked mighty suspicious when 1/3 of SOL's tag went over in the final week before the FS. I was sure that's when you struck the deal, and that's specifically what made you look so bad imo.

With sofelders being at war, and not just any style, but one that sets back the production of very young countries, your only viable targets essentially eliminated themselves, especially if SOL and yall had already agreed not to hit each other.

You guys must have been looking at the server like wow. This is really going to suck for them. Hahaha.

Shout outs to Iggy and Gains for pushing thru a long brutal war. Also shout outs to monsters and lcn for being probably the most active pieces to the server war puzzle.

I know, for my sake, that my being in every warchat on the server has been a thin exhausting line. Everyday people ask for me to be kicked from every chat I'm in aside from my home base haha. But watching the effect of those feeds was impressive. 8 clans hitting a single target at once. Full chats of countries not over 4m nw taking down 30m nw countries. It doesnt remind me too much of TIL because the pacts were a lot deeper, but it does remind me of the coalition wars. The amount of fluff the server has put aside to even allow me to relay is impressive.

I had a blast guys. Even when I was just trying to troll Randy and getting trolled in return, I was having a great time. Good show, mostly by the server for having seemingly an unattainable goal by the time we came together, and damn near riding that lemming train home.

Also, suncrusher. You were to be last. Always were. Sorry we avoided the chance to let you wall one last time. Tav will just have to do it for you lol.

Ivan Game profile

Jun 4th 2017, 13:18:57

Zorp yer a funny dude

"That said, your justifications about leaving SOL alone are fluff. You guys simply didnt want a challenge. You wanted a guaranteed steamroll and you got it, simple as that. Pretending otherwise is pretty ridiculous. "

Wheres the bloody guaranteed steamroll?

Your claiming that its not a challenge for us to keep our originals alive till the set ends? roflmao MD is kicking ass in this war thats the only reason we arent tag killed yet SOF/Elders + LAF had what 90 countries when their war started not to mention Monsters ICN Imagnum Stones OMA Omega Rage. MD started with 65 countries with our inactives gone we've been stable around 50 countries over the last 2 weeks. Your side has done a really good job and its always hard to get different members from different tags together if you had a bit more cooperation you guys would have won this war hands down so dont come here and spread your bullfluff

Ivan
Head of War
Moral Decay

BladeEWG Game profile

Jun 4th 2017, 14:00:01

All I want to know is where the Mders that are sticking will end up.
I'd assume next set will be a payback round.

Ivan Game profile

Jun 4th 2017, 14:44:47

Its posible but not for you you cant war yerself out of a wetpaper bag even if you tried.

Suncrusher Game profile

Jun 4th 2017, 14:51:43

Originally posted by DerrickICN:
Tav,

Also, suncrusher. You were to be last. Always were. Sorry we avoided the chance to let you wall one last time. Tav will just have to do it for you lol.

Why? :(

Always a bridesmaid, never a bride...or something along those lines

Arsenal

Jun 4th 2017, 14:52:04

Disappointed you guys haven't tried harder to kill my country. Only 300 defends. Yet you feed Tav DHs!