Verified:

Taveren Game profile

Jun 2nd 2017, 9:46:15

Originally posted by zygotic:
To me you'll be remembered as omega's great friend. Right up until the last reset when you threw the friendship away and broke the pact to hit us. Well done

I can certainly see why you feel that way. MD and Omega had been friends since I started playing this game. Our pact was always marked as auto renew as far as I can remember. Unfortunately, our pact forum hasn't included an Omega thread for years. The language was there but it's quite difficult to consider someone a friend, let alone a great friend, when there's no communication for years. The last time MD had any contact with Omega in a foreign affairs capacity was back when I was still on top of pacts, doing due diligence, and checking in with MD's auto renews. It's likely been over three years since then and the check in were almost entirely initiated by MD. Even in those days it seemed as if MD was a friend to Omega in name only.

When iScode infiltrated MD and suicided on other alliances in an effort to force MD into an awkward position, Omega collected in full and was unwilling to accept reps less than what had been outlined in our pacts despite extenuating circumstances (200% L:L). SOL, LCN and even LaF reduce reps owed to varying degrees. During the days when LaF, SoF, And RD were repeatidly slaughtering MD, Omega would not take any action on MD's behalf. I realize that Omega likely couldn't survive a prolonged feud with that block but there was very little sympathy for MD's position. Omega would agree to police but wouldn't even go so far as to kill untagged countries that were damaging an at war MD.

I've never forgotten MD and Omega's storied friendship that began in 1998-1999. I stated several times earlier this set that I could empathize with the frustration Omega would feel. We even gave Omega a choice, terrible as it might have been. In recent years, the years since 2010, did Omega even think about how MD was feeling? What MD was doing? Did Omega care?

Edited By: Taveren on Jun 2nd 2017, 9:49:59
Back To Thread
See Original Post
See Subsequent Edit
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Skype: som3thingclassy