Verified:

Chaoswind Game profile

Jul 20th 2011, 0:41:34

Then I get screwed :P

But alas is a server war if all clan members run 12 war strats and 4 pure oilers, oil supply will never be down to hell... also at this moment, you don't need THAT many oilers to support a server war, because unless the war starts pretty late no one is going to have huge countries to kill.

People tend to forget they have 16 countries to play with and some can be used to fill the weak points of others, by the day 11 of the set all my breakers had enough oil to break for 2 days(hate getting killed with all your oil stock unused), SDI either maxed or at +50%, Warfare maxed or at +3% and at least 350M cash on hand.

And I can assure you that my oilers weren't the easiest ones to kill, they were no breakers, but certainly not easy targets either.

:P
Elysium Lord of fluff
PDM Lord of fluff
Flamey = Fatty
Crazymatt is Fatty 2

Link Game profile

Jul 20th 2011, 2:49:01

Originally posted by NightShade:
Linky... I don't know what you have against me. But, when there was a large enough community back when it was E2025, I could have done some hideously evil things all by my lonesome that couldn't be done now.

Bsnake will concur. Free For All was better when it was unlimited for everyone. I can't recall the times I've killed alongside snakey, or him killing alongside me... but it happened. If you don't believe me ask about NHDPxTC and LaExTC. :)

lol.. i was there. and i disagree.. when you can run unlimited countries, those with no life win.

also, i have nothing against you personally. ii dont know you from a hole in a bums ass

but you keep speaking against the serverwar, and i no likey
Link.

I Am a meat popsicle.

Elders
ICN
NBK
PanLV
SALT
MaK
Valks
CwG

Rockman Game profile

Jul 20th 2011, 2:51:28

If FFA is turned into an unlimited number of countries, I'll quit, just like I will quit alliance if they ever bring bot countries onto the server. I'm sure other people would quit, too, and I don't know if we'd find anyone who won't play if there's a 16 country limit but would play if the 16 country limit is removed.

Link Game profile

Jul 20th 2011, 2:54:53

yea.. 16 is plenty.. unlmtd and im outa here as well lol
Link.

I Am a meat popsicle.

Elders
ICN
NBK
PanLV
SALT
MaK
Valks
CwG

Havoc Game profile

Jul 20th 2011, 2:55:09

Yeah, if anything make a separate server for unlimited countries/bots.. leave the current FFA how it is.
Havoc
Unholy Monks | The Omega

Walding Game profile

Jul 20th 2011, 3:22:41

how about just compromise :) 64 :)

ok ok

Chaoswind Game profile

Jul 20th 2011, 5:00:26

Nah There were talks on #earthempires of making an unlimited server and allow the use of bots in it (for the tech savy people)

so you both can go and play it, 16 countries is more than enough :)
Elysium Lord of fluff
PDM Lord of fluff
Flamey = Fatty
Crazymatt is Fatty 2

Twain Game profile

Jul 20th 2011, 12:23:36

I agree with many of the others. I really only play 16 because I want to be on equal footing with everyone else, otherwise I'd probably play 8-12 and do a better job on them.

If I had to play 32 or 64 to be on equal footing, I'd probably lose interest because I don't have the patience for that many countries and if I'm always going to be at a disadvantage, then I'd rather not play or move over to alliance (but man, would playing only one country be boring....)

QM Diver Game profile

Jul 21st 2011, 2:27:55

There is no cohesion here...

I'm gonna have to tell my crew, we won't be entering a sanctioned server war, and continue our plans for next set.

I believe we will be... WARRING!

MUAAAA HAAA HAAAAA!!

QM Diver
NBK
Natural Born Killers
PreZ

NightShade

Jul 21st 2011, 2:31:33

If I was down for participating in this war... then what? :)
SOTA • GNV
SOTA President
http://sota.ghqnet.com

a.k.a. Stryke
Originally posted by Bsnake:
I was sitting there wondering how many I could kill with one set of chopsticks

Dragon Game profile

Jul 21st 2011, 2:34:09

If I was down for participating in this war... then what? :)

We can't even get you to play a whole set WITHOUT a server war you've already said you'd sit out.

Silly, silly girl. ;)

NightShade

Jul 21st 2011, 2:51:51

Next set is still ten days off... I can change my mind. I do that from time to time. :)

Also... take a look at the SOTA tag, we've been sitting at this NW for about three weeks. And it isn't because we're not playing. ;)
SOTA • GNV
SOTA President

a.k.a. Stryke

Newworld Game profile

Jul 21st 2011, 5:34:34

blub
pew pew pew

ZDH Game profile

Jul 21st 2011, 7:21:09

[quote poster=Link; 10838; 193667]
Linky... I don't know what you have against me. But, when there was a large enough community back when it was E2025, I could have done some hideously evil things all by my lonesome that couldn't be done now.

Bsnake will concur. Free For All was better when it was unlimited for everyone. I can't recall the times I've killed alongside snakey, or him killing alongside me... but it happened. If you don't believe me ask about NHDPxTC and LaExTC. :)

*cough*bot*cough*
-BigZ

NightShade

Jul 21st 2011, 7:52:45

LOL, If you know what you're doing and you have a fast enough connection, a good browser, and copious amounts of caffeine you can kill a tag in no time, spending maybe 3 minutes at most in one country at a time. At least that's how it was back then.
SOTA • GNV
SOTA President

a.k.a. Stryke

NightShade

Jul 21st 2011, 7:55:34

Speed-killing using just the Tab and Space bar keys was epic back then. Highlight a link in the window, press Tab until it was on the "Send Attack" button and hold the Space bar. Blow all 72 turns in a matter of seconds on a kill run. Log-in to the next one and do the same.
SOTA • GNV
SOTA President

a.k.a. Stryke

QM Diver Game profile

Jul 21st 2011, 11:33:36

Speed-killing using just the Tab and Space bar keys was epic back then. Highlight a link in the window, press Tab until it was on the "Send Attack" button and hold the Space bar. Blow all 72 turns in a matter of seconds on a kill run. Log-in to the next one and do the same.

If things like lack of food, oil, or readiness doesn't slow you down, I bet 72 turns would be spent faster than those, in the old days..

Let's not remain in the glory days, eh? Let us embrace the new days that will likely again lead to, new... 'old days'.. :O)
Natural Born Killers
PreZ

Link Game profile

Jul 21st 2011, 16:56:47

times almost up.. stop being fluffes and get on board with this idea already :P
Link.

I Am a meat popsicle.

Elders
ICN
NBK
PanLV
SALT
MaK
Valks
CwG

Dragon Game profile

Jul 21st 2011, 19:59:00

Originally posted by Link:

Well there, Vlad The Impaler, I dunno if this is gonna fly.

Cerberus Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 22nd 2011, 15:16:25

Originally posted by Walding:
So everyone would run rainbows right?

Actually, Rainbows are pretty good fighting machines, when built correctly. No one attack type can cripple them enough to stop them from running turns, like a specialized country that specializes in tech, for example. You can kill them just by waiting them out. THey'll run out of cash/military soon enough. Indies, the same thing, cashers, when they start running out of people, run out of money too.

Farmers are harder to kill since every turn is productive and you can always sell food on your private market for a decent price, enough to keep going, anyway.

Rainbows can do it all, but they gotta be built tough. No weaknesses visible to be able to be successful.

Cerberus of the MI
I don't need anger management, people need to stop pissing me off!

Link Game profile

Jul 22nd 2011, 17:03:16

Originally posted by Dragon:
Originally posted by Link:

Well there, Vlad The Impaler, I dunno if this is gonna fly.

:'(
Link.

I Am a meat popsicle.

Elders
ICN
NBK
PanLV
SALT
MaK
Valks
CwG