NBK
PanLV
SALT
MaK
Valks
CwG

NightShade

Jul 17th 2011, 4:21:15

I still say I'd sit this server war out.
SOTA • GNV
SOTA President
http://sota.ghqnet.com

a.k.a. Stryke
Originally posted by Bsnake:
I was sitting there wondering how many I could kill with one set of chopsticks

Link Game profile

Jul 17th 2011, 17:32:47

and i still say you'll be dragged into it :)

only IF it happen obviously lol
Link.

I Am a meat popsicle.

Elders
ICN
NBK
PanLV
SALT
MaK
Valks
CwG

Dragon Game profile

Jul 17th 2011, 18:02:24

Originally posted by NightShade:
I still say I'd sit this server war out.

One actually has to PLAY a set in order to sit it out.

Silly Girl. ;)

ZDH Game profile

Jul 17th 2011, 18:33:57

lol Dragon.
-BigZ

NightShade

Jul 18th 2011, 2:30:26

I'd play... but I'd be the evil c**t that would recruit everyone who would want any part of this war for an all-star tag... and we'd just find the largest tag and go from the TOP DOWN. ;)

I think you remember that tactic, ZDH... I used it on you and DoE — twice.
SOTA • GNV
SOTA President

a.k.a. Stryke

Crippler ICD Game profile

Jul 18th 2011, 2:34:15

perhaps, but my left nut sack could kick doe's a$$ ;) lol
Crippler
FoCuS
<--MSN
CripplerTD

[14:26] <enshula> i cant believe im going to say this
[14:26] <enshula> crippler is giving us correct netting advice

Dragon Game profile

Jul 18th 2011, 3:29:14

MPE made DoE BEG for a surrender their second reset. We ere down to killing them as they were coming out of protection. - I - wouldn't have begged for mercy on FFAt like they did.

Me, and Outlawz and Sprad and Dom were just sitting around thinking of how humiliating we could make it.

NightShade

Jul 18th 2011, 4:05:04

Gunner told me one set back in 2001 that DoE were going to FS SOTA, me being skeptical at first, thinking he was full of fluff... I laughed. He told me he'd give me access to the DoE site to see for myself. I got into the site and was laughing my ass to death... they were one-third our size in TNW and countries... and were going to FS us. Their FS was scheduled for July 11, 2001. I scheduled SOTA's for July 4, 2001.

My ex thought I was being sadistic, but I told him... word for word, 'if we're going to survive, we need a Take No fluff attitude towards any would be challengers' So while ZDH and his crew were most likely watching the fireworks that Independence Day, we and I mean the SOTA that *had* 39 members tagkilled the everliving Christ out of xDoEx.
SOTA • GNV
SOTA President

a.k.a. Stryke

NightShade

Jul 18th 2011, 4:14:18

Also... we had Rocker running something to the tune of 300 by hand... he was crucial to our FS. Most of his were untagged, but you could tell by the country names he'd use (they were ALL related to Sammy Hagar, either song names or otherwise) that they were his. He told me before the war... "If you're looking at the news on EzClan, there's a fluffload of countries named after Sammy Hagar (Red Rocker, etc...) or songs by him (I Can't Drive 55, etc...) are hitting DoE, they're mine... don't hit me and I won't kill you." LOL
SOTA • GNV
SOTA President

a.k.a. Stryke

Link Game profile

Jul 18th 2011, 5:01:59

^ text sounds like charlie browns teacher

:P
Link.

I Am a meat popsicle.

Elders
ICN
NBK
PanLV
SALT
MaK
Valks
CwG

jagernacht Game profile

Jul 18th 2011, 9:21:55

wait, crippler, why the heck do you have multiple nutsacks?
they call meh juggsy!!!
AIM: juggernautnbk
MSN:
E-Mail:
http://www.LegendsAtEarth.com

Crippler ICD Game profile

Jul 18th 2011, 13:52:03

lol
Crippler
FoCuS
<--MSN
CripplerTD

[14:26] <enshula> i cant believe im going to say this
[14:26] <enshula> crippler is giving us correct netting advice

Dickie Game profile

Jul 18th 2011, 15:18:54

Bring back The Coalation! :) Then we will have our war! :)

Dragon Game profile

Jul 18th 2011, 16:16:35

TC is teh suck.

ZIP Game profile

Jul 18th 2011, 16:21:14

i don't think this will happen// i think it is a good idea, but not enough support - prove me wrong
fluff your 300 Spartans fool - i have 32 of the biggest fluffed mother fluffers made of titanium !!
A brigade from Blackstreetboyz (#91) has invaded your lands! Your defenses held against the invaders and forced them away! Your military lost:1 Troops

Rockman Game profile

Jul 18th 2011, 16:33:53

How the fluff is it a good idea? Mercs will be running the highest quality war countries, with among the lowest stonewalling rates. If we volunteer to join the war, we are volunteering ourselves to get gangbanged by half the server for 24 hours, and then create restarts after every single one of our countries dies in the FS.

If Mercs + Ares was a team, would a single Ares country be killed before Mercs was tagkilled? If you think about this question, you realize why Mercs will not join a server war.

Havoc Game profile

Jul 18th 2011, 16:54:05

I think you might have just invoked an FS with that statement.. :p
Havoc
Unholy Monks | The Omega

PapaSmurf Game profile

Jul 18th 2011, 17:14:50

It would depend on which side mercs are on. I feel like if everyone was involved, the focus of attacks would follow.

NBK
CC
TKO
PAN
SemperFi (i was close to putting them under Mercs but I feel like they will be better prepared in future sets)
Focus
Mercs
IMP
Elysium (but depends on numbers)
ESD
Ares
SALT
Tags of 1-2 members

This ranking is based on quality of countries. But also includes amount of members. For example I think Pan is a tad better in war then TKO, however TKO numbers are greater.

Dragon Game profile

Jul 18th 2011, 17:31:01

I might disagree just on the grounds that the netters would get taken out first. Especially those who didn't war prep and tried to stay under the radar.

Wonder what the prevailing strat would be in a server war? Fascist Oiler/Farmer?

Just like in any major "world conflict", supply could and probably would become problematic if "non-combatant" producers get whacked early on. Gonna be tough to fight a big global war with oil constantly at $3K/bbl. Of course, that assumes that everyone would want something bigger and better than devolution into startup vs. startup.

Pain Game profile

Jul 18th 2011, 18:29:05

if there was a server war i would assume people would adjust thier strats accordingly. ie: build enough rigs to be self sufficient.

only amatuers would take out the easy netter targets first. when youre at war you dont necessarily target the biggest or easiest first. you go for the countries that are the most active and the biggest threat.
Your mother is a nice woman

Dragon Game profile

Jul 18th 2011, 18:40:58

Originally posted by Pain:
if there was a server war i would assume people would adjust thier strats accordingly. ie: build enough rigs to be self sufficient.

only amatuers would take out the easy netter targets first. when youre at war you dont necessarily target the biggest or easiest first. you go for the countries that are the most active and the biggest threat.

You know, I don't think so in a server war, especially considering that not every player is a seasoned killer. I'd have my least experienced killers practicing on easier targets first. I guess you can look at it both ways, but if my B List guys are killing netters and such, they're not on the radar of the big dogs cause they're not causing them immediate discomfort.

ALthough in support of your opinion, I guess one could assume that inexperience doesn't exist in the player base...

Link Game profile

Jul 18th 2011, 18:47:46

dont puss out.. lets rape each-other :)
Link.

I Am a meat popsicle.

Elders
ICN
NBK
PanLV
SALT
MaK
Valks
CwG

Gmann03 Game profile

Jul 18th 2011, 18:50:21

everybody has to build rigs, cuz u know oil will be 3k to 4k a barrel. How many rigs is debatable, but everyone is gonna need at least 1k.
Lot/Mars2025
http://cc.ghqnet.com
http://
http://sol.ghqnet.com
http://lot.ghqnet.com

Dragon Game profile

Jul 18th 2011, 18:50:28

I tell you what Link. Just cause I love you. I'll start 16 countries and play them until dead. :)

ZIP Game profile

Jul 18th 2011, 21:24:12

have everyone join 2 tags so noone knows
fluff your 300 Spartans fool - i have 32 of the biggest fluffed mother fluffers made of titanium !!
A brigade from Blackstreetboyz (#91) has invaded your lands! Your defenses held against the invaders and forced them away! Your military lost:1 Troops

KyleCleric Game profile

Jul 18th 2011, 21:31:42

Originally posted by ZIP:

shirts and skins?
This is our fluffing city. And no one is going to dictate our freedom. Stay strong.

Rockman Game profile

Jul 18th 2011, 21:38:21

Originally posted by ZIP:

That won't fix the problem of good countries being killed before crappy countries.

Rockman Game profile

Jul 18th 2011, 21:40:17

Why would the netter targets be easy? Do you think netters don't know how to warprep? Look at TKO this set, were their countries easy targets? When PANLV warpreps, are they easy targets?

And why would people build oil rigs to be self-sufficient, when you can buy oil off the public market?

Ozzite Game profile

Jul 18th 2011, 21:43:53

Originally posted by Rockman:

Why would the netter targets be easy? Do you think netters don't know how to warprep? Look at TKO this set, were their countries easy targets? When PANLV warpreps, are they easy targets?

And why would people build oil rigs to be self-sufficient, when you can buy oil off the public market?

Don't tell them. They haven't figured out you can buy it before the price goes up yet.
Ah, mercury. Sweetest of the transition metals.

Rockman Game profile

Jul 18th 2011, 21:47:25

Originally posted by Ozzite:

Don't tell them. They haven't figured out you can buy it before the price goes up yet.

FFAers are too stubborn to take strategy advice from me. And if they're not too stubborn, I'm more than willing to help them, even if I might end up facing them in a war.

I'm currently not worried about there being a shortage of idiots on FFA. If FFA starts to actually be a server where people don't take pride in their own incompetence, I may reconsider how willingly I offer my advice to other people.

I may even let you be right in your predictions about the food market, so that people actually think you have a clue what you're talking about, so I can mislead them into coming to you for strategy advice :D

Link Game profile

Jul 19th 2011, 2:17:33

thanks dragon! :)
Link.

I Am a meat popsicle.

Elders
ICN
NBK
PanLV
SALT
MaK
Valks
CwG

Dragon Game profile

Jul 19th 2011, 2:43:42

Originally posted by Link:
thanks dragon! :)

In fact, if we're not on the same team, Imma find your countries and put them in muh belly. ;)

Dragon Game profile

Jul 19th 2011, 2:46:11

FFAers are too stubborn to take strategy advice from me. And if they're not too stubborn, I'm more than willing to help them, even if I might end up facing them in a war.

I'm currently not worried about there being a shortage of idiots on FFA. If FFA starts to actually be a server where people don't take pride in their own incompetence, I may reconsider how willingly I offer my advice to other people.

I may even let you be right in your predictions about the food market, so that people actually think you have a clue what you're talking about, so I can mislead them into coming to you for strategy advice :D

My my my.... Aren't WE presumptuous.... Perhaps your advice is unwanted? Ever consider that? I mean, you're an OK guy I think but what's up with this whole superiority thing?

Stand Down, killer. ;)

Dragon Game profile

Jul 19th 2011, 2:47:57

OMFG.... Rockman. You're not Gregg, right? Please tell me you're not Gregg. I had a gut full of that fluff about the first 3 weeks after I came back to EE last May.

Nah. You're not Gregg. He just rubbed off on you a little maybe.

Chaoswind Game profile

Jul 19th 2011, 2:55:15

Originally posted by Ozzite:

I got to agree with Rockman, why the fluff build Oil rigs on all your countries? that is stupid!!! and is a complete waste of land.... 1 Oil rig will produce 2 barrels of oil per turn... a fasc gets 3.5 per acre

IS MUCH MUCH more effective to run a couple of your countries as PURE Fasc/oilers, and use Orders to spread the Oil reserves in the rest of your countries...

Silly FFAers and their silly ways...
Elysium Lord of fluff
PDM Lord of fluff
Flamey = Fatty
Crazymatt is Fatty 2

Rockman Game profile

Jul 19th 2011, 2:57:28

Originally posted by Dragon:

My my my.... Aren't WE presumptuous.... Perhaps your advice is unwanted? Ever consider that? I mean, you're an OK guy I think but what's up with this whole superiority thing?

Stand Down, killer. ;)

The whole superiority thing is very simple. I am better than everyone else.

Bsnake Game profile

Jul 19th 2011, 3:03:27

anyone entering a "server war" without a prepped country is best of on the other side to me thanks very much....

Making a killer(country) requires in many ways less skill than making a netting country,killing as a skill comes from knowing how to use that country well and pick what to kill...

A killer has the advantage in war as they enjoy the non stop logging in and running turns to kill,most netters cant be arsed..
<bsnake> 68,270,386 turrets whats that in NW??
<Crippler> 115m NW
<Bsnake> 38 mill NW nub... thanks for your netting advice.. Stick to killing nub

NightShade

Jul 19th 2011, 8:21:04

Linky... I don't know what you have against me. But, when there was a large enough community back when it was E2025, I could have done some hideously evil things all by my lonesome that couldn't be done now.

Bsnake will concur. Free For All was better when it was unlimited for everyone. I can't recall the times I've killed alongside snakey, or him killing alongside me... but it happened. If you don't believe me ask about NHDPxTC and LaExTC. :)
SOTA • GNV
SOTA President

a.k.a. Stryke

NightShade

Jul 19th 2011, 8:22:11

Also, if you see this ICey... it was nothing personal.
SOTA • GNV
SOTA President

a.k.a. Stryke

Twain Game profile

Jul 19th 2011, 13:12:27

Originally posted by Chaoswind:

I got to agree with Rockman, why the fluff build Oil rigs on all your countries? that is stupid!!! and is a complete waste of land.... 1 Oil rig will produce 2 barrels of oil per turn... a fasc gets 3.5 per acre

IS MUCH MUCH more effective to run a couple of your countries as PURE Fasc/oilers, and use Orders to spread the Oil reserves in the rest of your countries...

Your oil idea makes no sense. You can't set up orders to ensure you buy your own oil, and everyone's going to have standing orders for cheap oil if there's a server war, so you're going to be selling off with just a few countries and competing with a few hundred countries for the oil you're trying to redistribute.

The only real question will be: If there's a server war, would there be enough people who would try to be self-sufficient with rigs that public market prices would stay reasonable? If lots of people run extra rigs, then heck yes, it's a benefit for those who would rather run a pure strat and just buy off the market, but if no one ends up running rigs, then you're going to see ridiculous oil prices and you're going to see people HAVE to respond by building up some rigs or have a really lame war.

Dragon Game profile

Jul 19th 2011, 15:04:08

^ What he said.

Rockman Game profile

Jul 19th 2011, 15:05:58

I like having my cashers have 0 oil rigs and purchasing the oil chaoswind produces. Almost as much as I like chaoswind spending $8k on my spy tech. Which he didn't do for the last two buyouts, the wimp only bought spy tech out to 6k. He changed his buyout method without telling me!

Chaoswind Game profile

Jul 19th 2011, 20:51:23

Originally posted by Twain:

Your oil idea makes no sense. You can't set up orders to ensure you buy your own oil, and everyone's going to have standing orders for cheap oil if there's a server war, so you're going to be selling off with just a few countries and competing with a few hundred countries for the oil you're trying to redistribute.

The only real question will be: If there's a server war, would there be enough people who would try to be self-sufficient with rigs that public market prices would stay reasonable? If lots of people run extra rigs, then heck yes, it's a benefit for those who would rather run a pure strat and just buy off the market, but if no one ends up running rigs, then you're going to see ridiculous oil prices and you're going to see people HAVE to respond by building up some rigs or have a really lame war.

Ok captain lamo, I guess what I did this set doesn't make sense, because I did it.

All the cheap oil I sold, ended in my countries ALL and I have the news feed to prove it, if you can't actually think of a way of use the order system to spread the oil around your countries then, I am sorry, but you got outsmarted by a 3 world player.

And Rockman I don't do buyouts, I think you screw yourself much more than what you actually gain from it (blocking buyouts is a complete different matter) I rather sit with 121billions on hand than do a single rush to buy all the tech in the world so I can sell 25% overpriced and end with no one BUT myself buying it...
Elysium Lord of fluff
PDM Lord of fluff
Flamey = Fatty
Crazymatt is Fatty 2

QM Diver Game profile

Jul 19th 2011, 21:18:45

*yawns*

This is like......

So, besides that, Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?"

;o)

Is there anyone that's going to propose some sort of actual plan, to be accepted or rejected? regarding a server war?

Cuz so far, it looks like wishful thinking, to me..

Natural Born Killers
PreZ

Twain Game profile

Jul 19th 2011, 21:55:44

Originally posted by Twain:

Ok captain lamo, I guess what I did this set doesn't make sense, because I did it.

All the cheap oil I sold, ended in my countries ALL and I have the news feed to prove it, if you can't actually think of a way of use the order system to spread the oil around your countries then, I am sorry, but you got outsmarted by a 3 world player.

And Rockman I don't do buyouts, I think you screw yourself much more than what you actually gain from it (blocking buyouts is a complete different matter) I rather sit with 121billions on hand than do a single rush to buy all the tech in the world so I can sell 25% overpriced and end with no one BUT myself buying it...

First off... "Captain lamo?"

Secondly, what you accomplished this set has no bearing on next set if there's a server war. It's like saying any strats that were used two sets ago when TKO, NBK and PANLV all were netgaining would work any other set. They won't, because the economic climate will be different.

This set, there were a handful of clans warring, and at the one point that there were several wars happening at the same time, oil prices skyrocketed. Perhaps people were too lazy to put in orders this time, but if so, most people won't make that mistake twice, and beyond that, one of the wars was very one-sided from the beginning (CC/Focus v. Ares/SALT), which probably led to lower chances of many of the people caring enough to put in orders.

If there's a server war, then all the great war players and even the average war players that are spread out over NBK, TKO, CC, PANLV, FoCuS, IMP, et al, will all be vying for the same oil.

Trust me, I understand how to play with the market, and I'm sure this set you were able to transfer oil just fine, but that's not going to happen if there's a server war, because I know I'll have a fluffload of orders out there for cheap oil, and I'm far from one of the best players of this game, so I'm sure the plethora of players who are more knowledgeable than me will all have orders up as well.

But, I'm apparently Captain Lamo, so what the heck do I know?

Popcom Game profile

Jul 19th 2011, 23:36:38

ill point out the obvious, but so far i think unmentioned flaw in your idea..
what happens when your 2 or 3 fasc oilers get killed? then your at the mercy of the oil market 100%
1A - BLOWS
FFA- NBK4Life

~If at first you don't succeed, you are clearly not Popcom~

NOW3P Game profile

Jul 20th 2011, 0:09:58

shut up popcorn!

<3

*runs*

Azz Kikr Game profile

Wiki Mod

Jul 20th 2011, 0:15:24

ahaha you said popcorn