Verified:

Vic Game profile

Nov 4th 2013, 23:13:49

On behalf of every member of RD I come to you humbly and with a white flag raised.
The actions of certain RD colors over the past set were not only senseless but more importantly, deplorable. And flat out lame. Given our alliance's history we can not reasonably expect a quick recovery from another scandal - this one in particular, which extends far beyond this text based game.

In the last few days I've watched RD members and RD allies desperately try to battle the ruling and opinions of the vast majority of AT. Trust that this was only blind faith and stubborn loyalty. The whole of us realize what a horrible event this is, and we realize that as RD members and Colors we are indeed responsible for the actions of those that we play with, even if the vast majority of our population is clean and honest.

I am here to acknowledge that we at RD do agree that cheating/hacking of some sort took place. Further to that - it's pretty simple, if Pang says that Copper and Silver were implicated in said cheating, then that is that. RD accepts that and no longer will fluff or whine or cry about it. RD does not own this game, does not pay for this game, but rather Pang does. We would be absolute morons to battle this any further and I promise you were are not that.

I would like you all to know that an internal RD investigation has been and remains in progress. Silver, Copper, and any Color that Pang suggested was even close to being implicated has absolutely nothing to do with this investigation, and in fact, the burden of proof lies with THEM to prove they were clean. And again I apologize for anyone having to listen to any deluded individuals who thought the inverse was true.

This investigation includes a complete internal review of RD, from a neutral third party alliance - Omega. I will be contacting Omegan heads to 1. inform them that they will be performing this review 2. ask them politely to do so 3. beg
details of this review will be kept off AT until completed

The investigations and reviews will proceed for several days. Upon completion we will post all findings to AT and we will discuss the measures and reforms that will be implemented in RD.

I joined RD as a dork kid many years back. Since then RD has had many faces, but I am here to tell you today that the new face of RD is going to be vastly different than any before. Our culture will change, members will leave and new members will join, and when it's all said and done we hope that we can play this game we all love right alongside the rest of you fair and honest players.

Vic (Mr Clear)

Edited By: Vic on Nov 4th 2013, 23:21:22
See Original Post

smlandau84 Game profile

Nov 4th 2013, 23:19:07

I'm still not convinced that Vic is really Mr. Clear. I mean think about it, can something be a color if it's clear?

Vic Game profile

Nov 4th 2013, 23:19:43

I just stand in front of you and I'm Orange ;)

smlandau84 Game profile

Nov 4th 2013, 23:20:43

Titanium mixed with transparency does not create orange. But from the sounds of it, it's transparency people are looking for.

Detmer Game profile

Nov 4th 2013, 23:21:12

Originally posted by Vic:
I am here to tell you today that the new face of RD is going to be vastly different than any before. Our culture will change, members will leave and new members will join, and when it's all said and done we hope that we can play this game we all love right alongside the rest of you fair and honest players.

So how is this different than last time RD made that claim? Grovelling for forgiveness when things don't go your way is typical RD SOP but in the end you always prove to just be lying your way out of the short term with plans to go back to your old ways the moment you can. I think RD had its chance and that ship has sailed. I am not sure what you could actively even begin to do to make amends, but simply asking the community to give RD another chance seems pretty much inline with any iteration of RD I have ever seen.

Vic Game profile

Nov 4th 2013, 23:22:39

We aren't grovelling for forgiveness. We are admitting something happened, and we are taking all possible actions to rid our alliance of any cheaters, remote or blatant.
Further, we are acknowledging that we do not expect this to be easy.

Detmer Game profile

Nov 4th 2013, 23:29:24

we are taking all possible actions to rid our alliance of any cheaters, remote or blatant.

I'll give you a hint on where to start. If someone's display name in the RD site starts with "Mr." they should be gone.

Vic Game profile

Nov 4th 2013, 23:30:53

nice will do

Vic Game profile

Nov 4th 2013, 23:31:32

RD update:
we have officially deleted the 'Mr.' from our colors' names :p

ArsenalMD Game profile

Nov 4th 2013, 23:33:48

I 100% agree with Detmer.

And to have Omega do the review? ROFL.

If you were serious you'd find the 3 most most anti-cheat RD hating mofo's in this game and ask them to do it.

Vic Game profile

Nov 4th 2013, 23:49:37

Reseda came up with a great solution.
You, detmer, and Pang for the review

Makinso Game profile

Nov 4th 2013, 23:51:46

Well yes,

Personally I would say you would be off better by having like 3 tags investigate to make it unbiased. The alliances send out 1 head to investigate.

Vic Game profile

Nov 4th 2013, 23:53:46

Another good idea Maki. We are open to suggestions.

TrinityIX

Nov 4th 2013, 23:54:58

I am someone that has been in an alliance, that had terrible scandal brought down on it. People in this community say some pretty damn hateful things. I don't care what anybody else says about me, I can truthfully say outside of some Halloween fun in monsters last year with some spam on the boards, I have never willfully or maliciously tried to break a rule in this game. Yet because of the alliance I was in labeled a cheater.

You guys need to wake up and quit trying to nail an entire population of this community to a cross. Just because a few members of an alliance do something ABSOLUTELY DOES NOT MEAN THE ENTIRE ALLIANCE KNOWS ABOUT IT. We have played this game with each other, some of us, 15 years. We as a community are more mature than this garbage. This is the garbage that drives new people and growth away from this community.

I am so tired of hearing ALL of RD condemned just because a FEW members did something to break the rules. I think we are all old enough, and smart enough, to understand how these things work within alliances. I for one am glad Vic was big enough to face it for the ones that got totally screwed in the deal and want to persevere under the heat of this communities microscope.

What does that say about the people in RD that are willing to stand the scrutiny, and verbal abuse of this community, AND still try to keep their alliance together in the face of that? What perhaps could the earth community as a whole learn from this?
Minty
adj: Describing someone as British and homo-sexual.
mint minte mintt gay british person kj
by Master ZEN Aug 28, 2012

Magellan Game profile

Nov 4th 2013, 23:55:11

In the words of my ex girlfriend.....

OH SNAP!

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Nov 4th 2013, 23:55:49

if I hated RD as much as they claim, they wouldn't have a site left to review in the first place.
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff
pangaea [at] earthempires [dot] com

Boxcar - Earth Empires Clan & Alliance Hosting
http://www.boxcarhosting.com

Mr Orange

Nov 4th 2013, 23:55:56

How about you start by acknowledging what I posted is correct.

King_Cobra1 Game profile

Nov 4th 2013, 23:56:20

Mr Orange how about you start by fluffing off.

CandyMan Game profile

Nov 4th 2013, 23:56:31

I will represent LaF as one of the unbiased investigators.

King_Cobra1 Game profile

Nov 4th 2013, 23:57:45

Lol vic having detmer pang and Aresenal investigating us is about like having Israel be in charge of investigating the nazi's.

Vic Game profile

Nov 5th 2013, 0:02:12

you calling us nazis bro? :p

anyway, those of us at RD are not going to start another flame war on this thread.
point being, we are making legit real changes to rid the alliance of anyone ever associated with cheating, and that's that.

candy, your past as an ex Delitez head disqualifies you for that post

de1i Game profile

Nov 5th 2013, 0:04:54

Originally posted by Pang:
if I hated RD as much as they claim, they wouldn't have a site left to review in the first place.

Mr Gainsboro Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 5th 2013, 0:06:02

Vic what have you been smoking today? Id like some plx
Don of LaF

crest23 Game profile

Nov 5th 2013, 0:08:23

Good that you know you guys are Nazis. Dumbass.
The Nigerian Nightmare.

Mr Orange

Nov 5th 2013, 0:12:46

Vic, how about you re-instate the huge amount of threads that have been deleted in the last few weeks and the IP logs of Mr. Silver and others...

But wait why were they deleted?

Get serious. If this ever gets off the ground (skeptical) I've got a copy of just about everything for your 3 "investigators".

Still want them to review you?

King_Cobra1 Game profile

Nov 5th 2013, 0:16:32

lol vic mhmmm that sounds like a trick question.

Speaker Game profile

Nov 5th 2013, 0:23:52

The whole of us realize what a horrible event this is, and we realize that as RD members and Colors we are indeed responsible for the actions of those that we play with, even if the vast majority of our population is clean and honest.

I am here to acknowledge that we at RD do agree that cheating/hacking of some sort took place. RD accepts that and no longer will fluff or whine or cry about it.

Originally posted by TrinityIX:

*fluffing and whining*

That didn't last long.

Atryn Game profile

Nov 5th 2013, 0:25:08

This thread went Godwins before the first page was done.

Vic Game profile

Nov 5th 2013, 0:26:19

to be expected but the original message still stands.

archaic Game profile

Nov 5th 2013, 0:32:41

Originally posted by Atryn:
This thread went Godwins before the first page was done.

winner winner chicken dinner
Cheating Mod Hall of Shame: Dark Morbid, Turtle Crawler, Sov

locket Game profile

Nov 5th 2013, 0:37:06

Originally posted by Mr Orange:
Vic, how about you re-instate the huge amount of threads that have been deleted in the last few weeks and the IP logs of Mr. Silver and others...

Get serious. If this ever gets off the ground (skeptical) I've got a copy of just about everything for your 3 "investigators".

You posted a bunch of talks and discussions about alliance decisions and a welcome back post where Copper said he had plans and didnt go any further in explaining them.

Your evidence is SO damning. Next time do a better job eh?

Detmer Game profile

Nov 5th 2013, 0:49:09

we are making legit real changes to rid the alliance of anyone ever associated with cheating, and that's that.

Really? Ever? So your goal of an external review is to have someone to say "this person is a cheater and must go" and "we have no evidence of this person cheating so they can stay"?

I just want to be clear here. As many people here have pointed out, I have negative fondness for RD at this point so I have no doubt even these questions sound combative at this point.

Vic Game profile

Nov 5th 2013, 0:51:46

I wouldn't expect anything else from AT, Detmer.
And yes, anyone that has ever been caught cheating will be booted.
Every alliance has people that have been accused of cheating, and we can really only work with objective and real evidence - so it'll have to be those that we are certain cheated.

But all cheaters have been caught at some point in their earth history, so we'll find that and boot them.

Arsenal

Nov 5th 2013, 0:55:37

Yes, my nick reclaimed!

I think Detmer would be a good choice.

Pride Game profile

Nov 5th 2013, 1:03:27

Originally posted by locket:

You posted a bunch of talks and discussions about alliance decisions and a welcome back post where Copper said he had plans and didnt go any further in explaining them.

"I have plans for this set but I can't say on boxcar, consider pang is watching everything we say on boxcar" lol what do you get from that? Nothing but good intentions I suppose.

hawkeyee Game profile

Nov 5th 2013, 1:13:21

I don't have time to read all responses yet, but I will say that while Omega is more than willing to participate in and assist with whatever sort of review you feel is necessary, personally I would not support a scenario in which we were the only third party taking part. We appreciate the gesture, but judging from a few of the responses I had time to read it seems most other folks share my opinion that having an investigation conducted by any one party, no matter who that party is, leaves so much room for bias.

Feel free to shoot me a PM, or any of us a PM, and let us know what you had in mind and how we can help!

Edited By: hawkeyee on Nov 5th 2013, 1:25:47
See Original Post
Minister
The Omega
Omega Retal Policy/Contacts: http://tinyurl.com/owpvakm (Earth Wiki)
Apply: http://tinyurl.com/mydc8by (Boxcar)

hawkeyee Game profile

Nov 5th 2013, 1:13:49

Ugh... I always press quote instead of edit...
Minister
The Omega
Omega Retal Policy/Contacts: http://tinyurl.com/owpvakm (Earth Wiki)
Apply: http://tinyurl.com/mydc8by (Boxcar)

Klown Game profile

Nov 5th 2013, 1:28:09

tldr summary plz

bertz Game profile

Nov 5th 2013, 1:32:47

I suggest you include the Danger heads to investigate. :)

Trife Game profile

Nov 5th 2013, 1:57:59

I would like you all to know that an internal RD investigation has been and remains in progress.

heh

Hopeless Game profile

Nov 5th 2013, 2:16:51

How did this loser become a color?

Junky Game profile

Nov 5th 2013, 2:25:47

he's clever, and very, very cunning. he'd probly be Mr.Pink if he was in the movie... and or Mr.Blonde
I Maybe Crazy... But atleast I'm crazy.

locket Game profile

Nov 5th 2013, 3:03:52

Originally posted by Pride:
Originally posted by locket:

"I have plans for this set but I can't say on boxcar, consider pang is watching everything we say on boxcar" lol what do you get from that? Nothing but good intentions I suppose.

Both LaF and rd have said things like this for awhile now

crest23 Game profile

Nov 5th 2013, 3:10:01

Originally posted by Hopeless:
How did this loser become a color?

Pretty sure they are all losers, so easily?

Lub ya Vic.
The Nigerian Nightmare.

Kinnin Game profile

Nov 5th 2013, 3:10:57

I think the Colors need to voluntarily out themselves, to start. Your entire culture is built on secrecy and manipulation. Cheating comes second nature in a group like that. Tear it down, and bath everyone in light.

mdevol Game profile

Nov 5th 2013, 4:07:39

So Vic, you guys are sticking with the story that Silver and Copper are the ONLY colors that knew about this at any point until it happened?

Yes or No?
Surely what a man does when he is caught off his guard is the best evidence as to what sort of man he is. - C.S. Lewis

Drow Game profile

Nov 5th 2013, 4:22:49

good starting point vic, and I sincerely hope that you RD guys can find your way forward from here. Earth is a dying game, as those who are more condemning seem to be missing, and trying to keep as many members around as possible is a good thing.

Further, being willing to have your site openly investigated by 3rd parties is a step in the right direction. Whether, as someone suggested, the colours outing themselves or not is neccessary, but I do think it would probably be interesting.

Paradigm President of failed speeling

Junky Game profile

Nov 5th 2013, 4:46:47

like the movie... when fluff goes down, they turn on each other fairly quickly.

iScode Game profile

Nov 5th 2013, 4:56:54

I am about as Anti-Rd and as Anti cheat as they come.

I also dont get along with Aresnal or makinso, never really dealt with detmer

How about a panel of like minded people, who also dont get along to investigate as well as Omega.

I would be happy to do so, I just do not have the technical knowledge to know where to start the investigation, I am sure with guidance I would learn quickly though.

In saying this, I am still very anti allowing RD to even have a tag and have been very outspoken here on AT and in sof with regards to the issue which is RD, any sof member can confirm this.

So long story short, I am happy to help out with any investigation in any way possible, but know this, my most likely out come will be that most if not all heads would of known about this.
iScode
God of War

DEATH TO SOV!

Junky Game profile

Nov 5th 2013, 5:15:14

I won't believe RD has changed, til Dagga gives them an all clear..