Verified:

tulosba Game profile

Nov 5th 2013, 5:16:05

You know, AT really is a cesspool.

Arsenal - stfu. MD has an AT ban that is always in effect, and you were a lowly peon when we fought RD multies reset after reset after reset. Some of the greatest players to ever play this game were driven away.

This comes as a surprise to us too, but of course, we will help out if need be. I get what you guys are saying by choosing us. Unlike those hammering down on you, we are not on one side or the other.
And this a vs b mentality is what makes AT a cesspool. However, the more the merrier to a point, and a party of 3 sounds like a good plan.

But can you find two others who are not blinded by bias? Who wont benefit as your enemy of reading the information? Because thats what I see as my unbiased view of it. Having one MD/SOL etc guy in it is not going to help as they'll just drool over all of the half baked plans you guys had for them..

Id nominate martian, but as he was part of Pangs original investigation.. You know what, I'd still nominate him.

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Nov 5th 2013, 5:23:39

Originally posted by Junky:
I won't believe RD has changed, til Dagga gives them an all clear..

*facepalm*

https://gyazo.com/...b3bb28dddf908cdbcfd162513

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

Junky Game profile

Nov 5th 2013, 5:41:00

Originally posted by galleri:

*facepalm*

I never claimed I'd be fair. :-P that's just what it'd take.
I Maybe Crazy... But atleast I'm crazy.

Servant Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 5th 2013, 5:51:02

1. This is the right move for RD to make.

2. Anyone who thinks RD is going to get off easy is crazy...RD will pay for this for a while, however, at the same time, RD appears to be making the right decisions.

This type of openness and transparency for RD is unprecedented. And a positive step. I'm not going to advocate for an easy path for RD....Just like LAF did, RD is going to take its licks. But this is a very good step for the earth community.

IF this were another alliance, there would be more embracing, but the fact that it is RD, means RD had even less of a leash to work with. We all know that.

I applaud Vic's post. Its the right step to make. Let us hope RD continues to make the right posts.

But its also only the first correct step in MANY correct steps. So I embrace this outside Investigation. I think its a good thing. best of Luck Vic, you have a LONG road ahead of you. However, I do think there is one. Its just narrow, and steep.
Z is #1

pele Game profile

Nov 5th 2013, 6:06:17

I think it sounds honestly by Vic and is a step in the right direction.

Mr Snow

Nov 5th 2013, 6:19:03

Originally posted by Detmer:
Originally posted by Vic:
we are taking all possible actions to rid our alliance of any cheaters, remote or blatant.

I'll give you a hint on where to start. If someone's display name in the RD site starts with "Mr." they should be gone.

How about no, and go fluff yourself? That's quite enough of your demanding, uppity bullfluff. I hope you do get to do an audit of everything RD and find out that the frenzy you've worked yourself up into over the past few years is so silly that you're just a hot mess now. :)

Tell me, when you find out that I'm completely squeaky clean, will you come back here and apologize for maligning me (and whoever else you deem to be squeaky clean) and every other color as though we're all part of a single brain working together to cheat endlessly?

I would hope so, but I definitely wouldn't hold my breath.

ericownsyou5 Game profile

Nov 5th 2013, 6:20:57

like the movie... when fluff goes down, they turn on each other fairly quickly.

5hade Game profile

Nov 5th 2013, 6:38:50

Dear RD leadership,

You need to take unprecedented steps to convince the community that you're legit. In particular, there's a pile of talk about openness and transparency. Are you really committed? Or is this just spin?

I challenge you to post screenies of the internal discussion that led up to the posting of this thread, and any other discussions about RD's public response to this cheating incident. Unedited. Quickly.

What were the internal musings on how to approach the Earth community? How did you anticipate people would react? What are your next steps to ensure that RD survives and that you retain power?

If you want trust, you need to actually be transparent.

regards, 5hade

(newly returned to the game, formerly Dredd in LCN back in Earth 2025. Currently playing for Omega. The content of this post does not represent the views of any current or previous alliances.)

Red X Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express & Team

Nov 5th 2013, 6:41:24

lol @ shade, might be your nick but 10 new posts...why not use your real nick?
My attitude is that of a Hulk smash
Mixed with Tony Montana snortin' bags of his coke stash
http://nbkffa.ghqnet.com

Symac

Nov 5th 2013, 6:45:31

Originally posted by Red X:

Red X, you know I love you but what more do you want, him to post his SSN and passport? ;p
Originally posted by 5hade:

(newly returned to the game, formerly Dredd in LCN back in Earth 2025. Currently playing for Omega. The content of this post does not represent the views of any current or previous alliances.)

zygotic Game profile

Nov 5th 2013, 7:39:38

I've played several resets in rd recently and I've never seen or heard of anything dodgy going on. Yes I was just a member and their were boards I couldn't access but I spent a fair amount of time in the irc and talking to several colours and not once did I see or hear anything that made me think anything wrong was happening.

I'm a good friend with silver and I will remain good friends with him.

This is a good step for rd to take I think there are alot of people hear on AT that judge rd on what they used to be like. I won't deny what some of the leaders have been accused off is bad news but it doesnt mean that everyone in rd knew about it.

Makinso Game profile

Nov 5th 2013, 7:41:46

Tulosba how the F did SOL get mixed into your comment???

Red X Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express & Team

Nov 5th 2013, 7:42:07

Originally posted by Symac:
Originally posted by Red X:

Red X, you know I love you but what more do you want, him to post his SSN and passport? ;p

that would be a start

Red X Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express & Team

Nov 5th 2013, 7:44:10

i would be willing to help look into thimgs if needed

tulosba Game profile

Nov 5th 2013, 8:10:21

Originally posted by Makinso:
Tulosba how the F did SOL get mixed into your comment???

Only in pointing out that there'd be a tough time to find 3 parties that everyone is happy with. Not that SoL has done anything wrong or been lynching them on AT, just trying to point out that RD would (or I think they would) then say "no but we war them on and off all the time".

Besides, there can be more than three of us. Heck, we have leadership not by dictatorship but by concensus. But a mod or two like Red there volunteering would imho be the right mix of 3.

But as of now all we have is AT drama and nothing else.

zygotic Game profile

Nov 5th 2013, 8:21:11

Its a drama I wanna be part of! I never get implicated in anything

Taveren Game profile

Nov 5th 2013, 8:44:30

When has AT not been drama?
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Skype: som3thingclassy

PaleMoon Game profile

Nov 5th 2013, 8:52:15

This post has more spin than meatspin.com.

Try again in another 12 months, Vic.
"imo the true issue over there is and always has been palemoon." - Vic (Mr. Clear)

La Famiglia

Tytanious Game profile

Nov 5th 2013, 8:54:44

here is a thought for the investigation.

and i honestly believe that this would be best for all involved.

yes RD appears to have done the wrong thing. but the investigation is on going. would it not be acceptable to give RD a 2 set non aggression treaty with all clans. 1 set for the investigation (i'm sure it won't take that long but it would give plenty of time to be thorough) and 1 set after that to get them selves sorted out without other clans trying to take advantage of them.

during this investigation where all clans agree not to take further action allow 1 person, from each clan who agrees to the treaty, be allowed to have access to RD to monitor the situation and preform their investigation, with the group of investigators sharing what they find on a third party site like boxcar or GHQ.

after the investigation allow negotiations to resume on higher pact levels and give the membership of RD time to recover from all of this.

as such no clan would be able to claim the investigation was biased in any way. and all clans would be able to openly say if RD are serious about change or just blowing hot air.

GodHead Dibs Game profile

Nov 5th 2013, 8:57:19

why does the Committe of One think that Omega has the skills and technical capabilities to investigate this matter?
Dibs Ludicrous was here.

mdevol Game profile

Nov 5th 2013, 9:11:17

Dear RD leadership,

You need to take unprecedented steps to convince the community that you're legit. In particular, there's a pile of talk about openness and transparency. Are you really committed? Or is this just spin?

I challenge you to post screenies of the internal discussion that led up to the posting of this thread, and any other discussions about RD's public response to this cheating incident. Unedited. Quickly.

What were the internal musings on how to approach the Earth community? How did you anticipate people would react? What are your next steps to ensure that RD survives and that you retain power?

If you want trust, you need to actually be transparent.

this
Surely what a man does when he is caught off his guard is the best evidence as to what sort of man he is. - C.S. Lewis

Nov 5th 2013, 9:22:03

oh that. trust has little to do with evidence. just asking for evidence means that there is no trust. it's not something that can be proven by empirical evidence. comes under the irrationality of belief.
Dibs Ludicrous was here.

Alin Game profile

Nov 5th 2013, 10:31:22

I don`t believe one single word of this thread! Probably chapter 2 of "spin strategy".

Edited By: Alin on Nov 5th 2013, 10:33:35
See Original Post

KriSatZ Game profile

Nov 5th 2013, 10:43:49

No thoughts on the post really,

But if you want someone who is completely unbiased you should look no further.

I don't really like Vic that much.
I doubt I can name more than 5 people who play on RD.
I have no prebias as I' didn't play during the last scandal.
I wouldn't have talked to anybody else on the "commission".

Just sticking my name forward.

I also think that the investigation doesn't really hold much weight if its just one alliance and you get to pick that alliance.

If you really want to be transparent (clear) (good pun) then you should invite most of the alliances to have a representative. Prove that it's unbiased and thorough.
Success is in the mind. You must believe you are the best and then make sure that you are.

LaFamiglia - zKriSatZwpn - LaFamiglia

BladeEWG Game profile

Nov 5th 2013, 12:29:09

Sorry, I'm not buying it.

Pontius Pirate

EE Patron

Nov 5th 2013, 13:27:06

parachute me in as mr pirate and i will turn the ship around
Originally posted by Cerberus:

This guy is destroying the U.S. Dollars position as the preferred exchange for international trade. The Chinese Ruan is going to replace it soon, then the U.S. will not have control of the IMF

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 5th 2013, 13:31:00

Vic, you're my hero. Get your ass back in LaF nao.

Kalick Game profile

Nov 5th 2013, 13:31:16

Originally posted by BladeEWG:
Sorry, I'm not buying it.

Over The Hill Game profile

Nov 5th 2013, 14:16:06

*facepalm*

That was a short lived retirement

Welcome back!!

Over The Hill Game profile

Nov 5th 2013, 14:16:06

*facepalm*

Welcome back!!

XiQter MD Game profile

Nov 5th 2013, 14:38:09

Dear Mr. Clear

I appricate that you man up and post on AT but...
Your alliances lack of regret when this was first announced, immidate denial, continuing fluffing on AT and no official response as an alliance prettymuch had me convinced, RD there and then burned all bridges for me. Not that you had many before then, I was around when RD ruined the game w bots. I was around when MD got botted to bits. I was around when GT was shut down bc it was hacked beyond repair. I was around when SoF left the game. I was around when TC almost got the game shut down. I am still around, hopefully I will be around for a few more sets cause I have a feeling I will enjoy them. The fact that most alliances knew long before this was revealed that RD was up to no good, I promise you no alliance leader was surprised when this "bomb" breached, all your cloak and dagger fluff finally bit you in the ass.

Enjoy playing the game as you see fit, you always have and always will. RD has never been about fair play and playing clean. Thats fine, thats your choice and I cant stop you, just remember that everything that you do has repercussions. It comes back to you one way or another. Dont expect some sort of cheap samaritan plea make people forget and forgive you when it did.
You reap what you sow.

And for you things are just getting started

Darrian Game profile

Nov 5th 2013, 15:03:39

Vic buddy, how about a list of all the actual names in RD now?
Names that most of us old guys know. Perhaps that will help others here have more faith. If RD has nothing to hide then the names shouldn't be hid.
I say this only to show you that you and RD might get something back if everyone here doesn't feel that things are still being hidden.

Kudos on the post as well. It takes a lot to admit wrong doing or failure in any form.
~bad as i wanna be~

Mr. Iris Game profile

Nov 5th 2013, 17:26:16

I love scavenger hunts, so I'd like to nominate myself as an impartial 3rd party to head this investigation! What will we be looking for?
Originally posted by archaic:
see many colors
fluttering in the spring winds
Iris blooms again

Atryn Game profile

Nov 5th 2013, 17:30:51

Originally posted by Tytanious:
here is a thought for the investigation.

and i honestly believe that this would be best for all involved.

yes RD appears to have done the wrong thing. but the investigation is on going. would it not be acceptable to give RD a 2 set non aggression treaty with all clans. 1 set for the investigation (i'm sure it won't take that long but it would give plenty of time to be thorough) and 1 set after that to get them selves sorted out without other clans trying to take advantage of them.

during this investigation where all clans agree not to take further action allow 1 person, from each clan who agrees to the treaty, be allowed to have access to RD to monitor the situation and preform their investigation, with the group of investigators sharing what they find on a third party site like boxcar or GHQ.

after the investigation allow negotiations to resume on higher pact levels and give the membership of RD time to recover from all of this.

as such no clan would be able to claim the investigation was biased in any way. and all clans would be able to openly say if RD are serious about change or just blowing hot air.

Haha.... this is amusing...

Now there is an easy way to get a 2-set pact with every alliance allowing you to net in peace... just cheat, get caught and then say you need "time".

LOL...

If RD wants two sets off from any antagonism, it isn't hard. Just don't play in RD for two sets.

trumper Game profile

Nov 5th 2013, 19:18:40

I've never forgotten when I ran a country that was killed for hitting some landfarm of yours way back when (George Bush hadn't even invaded Iraq yet). Of course one of our old heads at the time convinced me that I had to let it be or risk a war, which was ironic given they too were apparently a color. I think for many of us old-timers who were never in LCN, this is a fairly common memory.

The point is that you guys have a reputation that precedes you. Whether that's fair or not is another story. It does mean that many of us will question the veracity of your newfound transparency. I hope you're sincere and this effort marks a turning point, but I will believe it when I see it.

Marshal Game profile

Nov 5th 2013, 20:35:33

I got killed by RDs due some retard made alliance called No Retal Society (or something else with NRS initials) and said that they will fight against multies, I wasn't (nor my prez) even in that tag but still.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

RLenga

Nov 5th 2013, 20:37:15

*facepalm*

Thought you left?

Junky Game profile

Nov 5th 2013, 20:46:48

Originally posted by RLenga:

*facepalm*

Thought you left?

Noone can resist me, and or she's just retiring her name for awhile?
I Maybe Crazy... But atleast I'm crazy.

H4xOr WaNgEr Game profile

Forum Moderator

Nov 5th 2013, 20:56:06

I would offer myself, but I doubt I could be bothered to follow through.

justtaint

Nov 5th 2013, 21:02:46

This is nothing more than a PR stunt. Every bit of evidence has been wiped clean of their boxcar site. Is RD willing to allow Pang to give access to a backup of their site (if that's even available)? Is Pang willing to allow that access?

What about their non-boxcar sites?
SlashMD

Colonel Chaos Game profile

Nov 5th 2013, 21:28:27

I'm unbiased and have no grudges. My time in the server is limited in recent years. I'm SoL through and through but I'd like to give people a chance. The most disturbing thing to me is the planting of people in other alliances for the mere benefit of the home alliance.

Hopefully this can be rectified and old habits leave with those who have fostered them.
Colonel Chaos
SOL FR Commander

irc.scourge.se -> #solfr
--------------------
“Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy.”
― Isaac Newton

Loc Game profile

Nov 5th 2013, 22:55:20

Be like Elitez, fold and never return. Forgoes the need for a new big 6 to help exterminate your alliance completely.

5hade Game profile

Nov 5th 2013, 22:56:07

Originally posted by justtaint:
This is nothing more than a PR stunt. Every bit of evidence has been wiped clean of their boxcar site.

exactly. hence my challenge:

No response so far. Perhaps they just need some more time?

Either RD leadership isn't reading this thread; or they're not actually interested in responding in an open manner to the Earth community.

In either case, one would question why this thread exists at all?

ArsenalMD Game profile

Nov 5th 2013, 23:15:11

The type of transparency RD would need to convince anyone is the type of transparency RD by definition won't give.

When each color comes on AT and posts their true aliases names, alliances and culpability without reservation and all other alliances are given open and free access to the entire RD website including IP logs then lets talk.

Until then i'm not touching or validating RD with a 10 foot pole.

Nov 5th 2013, 23:25:31

Originally posted by Loc:
Be like Elitez, fold and never return. Forgoes the need for a new big 6 to help exterminate your alliance completely.

Elitez left? dang. they forgot to send me a memo to quit trolling here. maybe i should turn icq back on.
Dibs Ludicrous was here.

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Nov 6th 2013, 0:58:27

Originally posted by Over The Hill:

*facepalm*

Welcome back!!

LOL I am not playing. Paladin still posts and reads AT here and there too and is retired.

https://gyazo.com/...b3bb28dddf908cdbcfd162513

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

Cee Game profile

Nov 6th 2013, 2:13:38

Well put speech. We all make stupid mistakes. It takes mistakes to learn. Not justifying those who are in the wrong by any means, but sometimes it takes things like this to make a clan stronger. And with the right people, RD should come back from this. Good luck RD.

Garry Owen Game profile

Nov 6th 2013, 5:56:49

Originally posted by ArsenalMD:
The type of transparency RD would need to convince anyone is the type of transparency RD by definition won't give.

When each color comes on AT and posts their true aliases names, alliances and culpability without reservation and all other alliances are given open and free access to the entire RD website including IP logs then lets talk.

Indeed. If you really want to be honest, start with YOUR NAMES. All of them, the color and whatever other names you use to lie so you can get access to other alliances.

pele Game profile

Nov 6th 2013, 6:18:49

Loc it wasent the big 6 that made elitez go away :p

mdevol Game profile

Nov 6th 2013, 6:19:23

Originally posted by Garry Owen:
Originally posted by ArsenalMD:

Indeed. If you really want to be honest, start with YOUR NAMES. All of them, the color and whatever other names you use to lie so you can get access to other alliances.

that wont happen. they are not serious about this. it is all a calculated PR stunt to tide over until the server finds a new crisis to freak about. Just like the least time they got caught cheating.

If they were serious they would invoke serious change and the removal of a LOT of members (not just silver and copper), something that are unwilling to do or disclose.
Surely what a man does when he is caught off his guard is the best evidence as to what sort of man he is. - C.S. Lewis