Verified:

sfbob Game profile

Feb 1st 2020, 8:44:01

First confirmed cases of Corona virus here in the UK yesterday only 20 miles from my location.

sfbob Game profile

Feb 1st 2020, 8:44:16

TheLegion Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 1st 2020, 18:20:13

Who diddled a goat?
I mean these folks cry about the game but can't even forum correctly.
- galleri

trolls be trolling
- KoHeartsGPA

I'd rather have just the bad flu than the bad flu and migrants, so..
- braden

Kahuna Game profile

Feb 2nd 2020, 6:08:41

(Delete)

Edited By: Kahuna on Feb 2nd 2020, 6:10:53

Kahuna Game profile

Feb 2nd 2020, 6:10:25

Lmao wtf Galleri ban yourself.. He does have a point you dont know if your chinese merch was handled by someone who was sick.

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Feb 2nd 2020, 8:20:15

Plenty of other reasons to try and avoid buying chinese goods. That said, this is the worst reason I've heard as of yet.

Most viruses don't transfer that way. Oxygen breaks them down usually within hours outside the host, sometimes minutes.

Also it will be rather rare that an infected person works and is a transmittor of this because they got good controls in place to find and quarantine anyone running a fever and its in employers, citizens and the states best interest that these things are caught asap.
They got IR scanners on focal points like airports, bridges, supermarkets and certain work places to catch them and so far no asympthomatic person has been a transmittor of the virus so it might not even be possible for a transmitting person to get to work in those factories that make your LED-TVs and cell phones. :)

w1a9c8k5 Game profile

Feb 3rd 2020, 3:36:05

fdfdfd

00Rosso Game profile

Feb 3rd 2020, 3:49:53

dookie shoes

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 3rd 2020, 16:16:28

The latest:

The coronavirus outbreak has killed at least 362 people and infected more than 17,300 globally, as it continues to spread beyond China. One person outside mainland China, a man in the Philippines, has died.
Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated.

BROmanceNZ

Feb 4th 2020, 4:40:40

Hong Kong has just confirmed the death of a 39-year old man who returned to the SAR from Mainland China recently. His elderly mother, who he lives with, has also been admitted to hospital as the 15th confirmed case of nCoV in Hong Kong.

w1a9c8k5 Game profile

Feb 10th 2020, 4:56:45

lol

Zorp Game profile

Feb 14th 2020, 15:06:20

We're all doomed

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 17th 2020, 1:21:47

71,204 infected.
1770 dead.

References: https://www.cnn.com/...16-20-intl-hnk/index.html

Outbreak began on 31 Dec 2019.
Which is 47 days ago.

1770 dead / 47 days ~ 37.659 per day.

If this were to continue on a linear path that would be:
37 * 360 ~ 13,320 deaths per year.

How does that compare?
Flu - appx. 80,000 deaths in 2018-2019. (But this was also the 2nd highest recorded deaths from the flu in a single year).
Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated.

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Feb 17th 2020, 2:23:36

https://www.who.int/...to-seasonal-flu-each-year

Your 80k is perhaps in the US?

Either way the way this is going the number of active cases will start declining next week already.

China started late, but since then their work has been commendable. I doubt it would have been contained if it started in India.
But if it was not contained worst case scenario would have probably looked similar to the 2009 flu pandemic or the seasonal flu, which is why I didn't lose sleep over this. Although if I did lose sleep over this my immune system would be weaker and I would be more likely to contract or become seriously ill by this virus or other viruses. :)

sinistril Game profile

Feb 17th 2020, 9:21:15

People tend to be afraid of low probability deaths- the lower the probability, the more likely it is to be in the news cycle, and the more afraid people are. It's almost like the news cycle routinely causes undue panic over minor occurrences.

Edited By: sinistril on Feb 17th 2020, 20:32:20
See Original Post
If you give a man some fire, he'll be warm for awhile. If you set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Feb 17th 2020, 14:59:01

True. That doesn't mean you shouldnt act to stop the spread of viruses tho.

The Cambodians made a really bad choice to release the passengers of MS Westerdam without testing or preferably quarantine. This virus can have a really long incubation time so we won't see the effect if any for weeks perhaps.

00Rosso Game profile

Feb 17th 2020, 18:36:15

I heard doing blasting down a couple lines of coke will keep you safe.. haven't slept in days but no virus

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Feb 17th 2020, 20:09:02

I thought it was cow urine that cured it:

https://www.zerohedge.com/...-urine-will-cure-covid-19

This is something I could potentially lose sleep over... that leaders such as this are not punished for their crimes against humanity. And Im not only talking about this blatantly dangerous lie, Im talking about all those that make lying and not backing down from obviously false statements to a strategy. It doesnt have anything to do with politics or policy, left or right I think they should be lynched and hanged with their sometimes innocent families as collateral damage just to make sure no one else ever hatches plans to say fluff like this again.
Its also a new occurence, at least in the sense that its being accepted. So no relativism that politicians have always lied. Ofc they have, but not to this extent with this acceptance for it.

I'd wish them cancer but it would be too slow, they are too dangerous.

Edited By: Gerdler on Feb 17th 2020, 20:11:42

Kahuna Game profile

Feb 18th 2020, 9:31:40

Save ths bats you basterds!

Kahuna Game profile

Feb 18th 2020, 9:34:19

[quote poster=Gerdler; 48407; 930957]Plenty of other reasons to try and avoid buying chinese goods. That said, this is the worst reason I've heard as of yet.

Most viruses don't transfer that way. Oxygen breaks them down usually within hours outside the host, sometimes minutes.

Also it will be rather rare that an infected person works and is a transmittor of this because they got good controls in place to find and quarantine anyone running a fever and its in employers, citizens and the states best interest that these things are caught asap.
They got IR scanners on focal points like airports, bridges, supermarkets and certain work places to catch them and so far no asympthomatic person has been a transmittor of the virus so it might not even be possible for a transmitting person to get to work in those factories that make your LED-TVs and cell phones. :)[
Originally posted by Gerdler:
Plenty of other reasons to try and avoid buying chinese goods. That said, this is the worst reason I've heard as of yet.

They got IR scanners on focal points like airports, bridges, supermarkets and certain work places to catch them and so far no asympthomatic person has been a transmittor of the virus so it might not even be possible for a transmitting person to get to work in those factories that make your LED-TVs and cell phones. :)

You should let them cough on you

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Feb 18th 2020, 17:35:26

Looks like tomorrow the number of active cases will finally start declining.

I wonder if there are several strains of this virus going around because the death rate in Wuhan appears 5-7 times higher than in the rest of the world. Part of that will be explained by how old the cases are, but not all of it.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 18th 2020, 18:57:24

Cambodia done fluffed up, one of the persons they released to the public tested positive....

https://youtu.be/-q1hEBb0DKc
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Feb 18th 2020, 19:55:18

Originally posted by KoHeartsGPA:
Cambodia done fluffed up, one of the persons they released to the public tested positive....

https://youtu.be/-q1hEBb0DKc
yep :/
True. That doesn't mean you shouldnt act to stop the spread of viruses tho.

The Cambodians made a really bad choice to release the passengers of MS Westerdam without testing or preferably quarantine. This virus can have a really long incubation time so we won't see the effect if any for weeks perhaps.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 18th 2020, 20:55:08

Cambodia's neighbors better act quickly and close their border, might be too late though, India isn't too far away and if this virus gets into that densely populated country.....damn....
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Feb 18th 2020, 22:13:47

Relax dude.

First off India has already had 3 confirmed cases, and those have so far not lead to any infection chain. There are many countries that have had single or dozens of cases without them starting their own infection chain. So closing borders is an extreme measure. What you are dealing with is a virus that in 90% of the cases manifests pretty much as the common cold.

There was afawk 1 infected on the cruise ship, so even if that person infected someone else, which is not guaranteed, it can still be contained. And even if that fails it will be months before it gets bad in Cambodia. :)

So lets panic methodically and in an organized manner, shall we?

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 18th 2020, 23:47:45

Are you suggesting that those South East Asian countries are organized?, Cuz they're not, hence Cambodia releasing people without regards for human safety.
(•_•)

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Feb 19th 2020, 0:04:30

They also got a warmer climate than Hubei in which the virus dies faster outside the host, which will probably slow down spread.

Another advantage they have is that the virus is known from the initial infection in Cambodia(if any) which means some measures might be taken, while in Hubei there was no information or action taken to curtail the spread for the first perhaps 2-3 months (first case might not be known still). Even inadequate measures are better than nothing.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 19th 2020, 0:34:24

Viruses aren't static, they tend to mutate, some rapidly.
(•_•)

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Feb 19th 2020, 11:51:35

Yes and with that in mind why are you not worrying about the viruses you are exposed to in your daily life and have been for all your life? At any time they can mutate to an ebola that spreads as fast as measles. :P
Looks like tomorrow the number of active cases will finally start declining.

This actually happened already yesterday, but the data is only in today. So we now passed the culmination point as long as other infection chains dont take hold, in which case we might have another peak later. So good news.

But yeah if others act as recklessly as the Cambodians the risk of secondary outbreaks increase.

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 20th 2020, 0:02:36

Have you guys figured this out yet? Thank god we have the general talk forum to solve this problem!

I’ll fluff a bat-snake-flu up with my tiger blood (Charlie Sheen).

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 20th 2020, 2:16:04

Don't fluff in my Cheerios!
(•_•)

bananacluts Game profile

Feb 20th 2020, 3:33:33

I want to say that gardening soil without bat fluff and night crawlers or else what happens are viruses like covid19

TheLegion Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 20th 2020, 15:21:15

Originally posted by Requiem:
Have you guys figured this out yet? Thank god we have the general talk forum to solve this problem!

I’ll fluff a bat-snake-flu up with my tiger blood (Charlie Sheen).

heart
- galleri

trolls be trolling
- KoHeartsGPA

- braden

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 20th 2020, 17:49:23

Originally posted by bananacluts:
I want to say that gardening soil without bat fluff and night crawlers or else what happens are viruses like covid19

Soil is so 20th century, Hydroponics is where it's at in the 21st century!

My pepper crop from last season was excellent, going for 15+ varieties this season :-)
(•_•)

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 23rd 2020, 13:32:19

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Feb 23rd 2020, 14:45:55

That was great.

One thing I do have to add tho is that the plot of cumulative cases is the cases found not the existing cases. When you saw the existing cases between 1-50 or so of this outbreak, that period is likely over 2 months long and that was before they were actively tracing the spread.

First reported case is early december. That may not be the first actual case but lets say it is. there would be well over 1k actual cases in january before they start measuring for fever everywhere and mass quarantines and alert the public. At that point the confirmed cases grow by 70% a day, which would indicate a reproduction ratio higher than any known virus. That only lasts a few days tho. Which is to be expected as the confirmation of cases start catching up to the actual cases.

Right now the Chinese, through all their measures have this under control, and the active confirmed cases have been in a steady decline for the past couple of days and there is no reason why this shouldnt continue.
Worryingly the idiots in South Korea decided to make their church an incubator for covid19 and they are going to have to go through the same thing they did in Wuhan, hopefully on a slightly smaller scale. Koreans are vengeful people so that church will be shut down and their followers will be shamed, as well they should. If I were to guess, they will solve this as have the chinese.

The outbreak in Italy seems to be all over the news here, very little concrete info about how it happened and how it got so big before anyone acted. They should be able to get a handle on it tho.

The outbreak in Iran is very worrysome. So many deaths and so few confirmed cases suggest a great number of unreported cases.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 23rd 2020, 15:47:45

China is doing a great job, kudos to them :-)
(•_•)

TheLegion Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 23rd 2020, 16:03:39

If you incinerate the bodies efficiently, things tend to burn out quickly.
- galleri

trolls be trolling
- KoHeartsGPA

- braden

Marshal Game profile

Feb 23rd 2020, 20:30:40

Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 23rd 2020, 21:31:17

Originally posted by Marshal:

You don't have to worry about it, mom's basement should be safe...

/me runs
(•_•)

Marshal Game profile

Feb 23rd 2020, 22:04:54

only coronas here are tourists.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

Cerberus Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 28th 2020, 16:09:53

It's all part of a regular natural cycle. Let's do a quick history review, alright.

Roughly every hundred years, there is some kind of Pandemic. In the early 19th century it was Cholera, originating in India. In the early 20th century it was Spanish Flu, originating somewhere in the US, I think, although there isn't much information to indicate that since WWI had just finished and world-wide travel was a thing for soldiers.

This could be the next pandemic. Get used to it.
I don't need anger management, people need to stop pissing me off!

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 28th 2020, 22:52:03

And I was to believe this was contained?
(•_•)

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 28th 2020, 23:14:00

This put my mind at ease...
https://youtu.be/NYWNdHYz10E
(•_•)

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Feb 29th 2020, 3:24:23

The number of active confirmed cases worldwide has been on a steady decline for a little over a week. The iran situation is well out if control tho it seems.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 29th 2020, 5:28:35

Second California case confirmed and an Oregon confirmed case near Portland at an elementary school.
(•_•)

braden Game profile

Feb 29th 2020, 7:46:22

Originally posted by KoHeartsGPA:
Cambodia's neighbors better act quickly and close their border, might be too late though, India isn't too far away and if this virus gets into that densely populated country.....damn....

Why all of this racist hatred all of a sudden?

Borders to begin with are racist let alone closing them. Having to pay the doctor who heals you is also anti human rights.

In socialist murca does bernie get heart surgery or is that not resource effective?

Also before the wall I'm going down Ohio way and voting trump 2020.

TheLegion Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 29th 2020, 13:36:08

I don't recall you well enough to know what parts of that were satire.

Borders CAN be racist, but are not inherently so.

Paying a doctor for services is not anti-human rights. There is no human right to free professional medical attention.

'Bernie' can easily afford any surgery requisite for his survival, he is quite wealthy.

Ohio is beige toilet paper.
- galleri

trolls be trolling
- KoHeartsGPA

- braden

braden Game profile

Feb 29th 2020, 15:05:18

He won't be allowed to spend his money on his doctor bills. He'll have to give his money to the government and they'll decide.

(All of it is satire or meaningless rambling.. dealers choice)

TheLegion Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 29th 2020, 19:06:13

psshh if you honestly believe that any significant capital will 'redistribute' you're..

as mad as Kronos..(or if he's not around still..)

mars is less of an idiot (he's still here)
- galleri

trolls be trolling
- KoHeartsGPA

- braden