Verified:

Marshal Game profile

Feb 29th 2020, 20:30:40

murican prez mr donald trump sez that corona-virus is democrats hoax.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Feb 29th 2020, 21:42:18

Does fighting the Coronavirus and similar infections override the US health care system with a single-payer like medicare for all but for only this specific disease?

If Americans with no health insurance dont go get tested when they have a cold or pneumonia for fear of getting billed this will be really hard to contain.

Marshal Game profile

Feb 29th 2020, 22:08:56

trump demolished obamacare so those w/o health insurance probably won't go to hospital at all or until it's too late.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 29th 2020, 23:31:12

Originally posted by Marshal:
trump demolished obamacare so those w/o health insurance probably won't go to hospital at all or until it's too late.

I lost my insurance due to Obamacare and so did most of my family members, so stop acting and spewing more misinformation pretending Obamacare was great, it was not.
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

TheLegion Game profile

EE Patron

Mar 1st 2020, 14:01:29

Originally posted by KoHeartsGPA:
Originally posted by Marshal:

I lost my insurance due to Obamacare and so did most of my family members, so stop acting and spewing more misinformation pretending Obamacare was great, it was not.

US here.
I grew up in poverty with no medical insurance. I've had the best of private insurance through employers. I've had free healthcare through military. I now currently have top tier government healthcare.

My experiences have led me to the conclusion that birds are not real.
I mean these folks cry about the game but can't even forum correctly.
- galleri

trolls be trolling
- KoHeartsGPA

I'd rather have just the bad flu than the bad flu and migrants, so..
- braden

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Mar 1st 2020, 21:18:26

I grew up in poverty myself, I lifted my ass out of it, no "white male privilege" here either, I just worked hard, if foreigners can do it, I truly do not understand why people born here with the so called "white male privilege" can't do it :-/
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Mar 1st 2020, 22:57:45

What the hell does that have to do with the coronavirus tho?

----------------

It's interesting they are now saying they have overestimated the Case Fatality Ratio(CFR) by a factor 2-3. If true it is still significantly deadlier than the seasonal flu. This is natural as they are finding an ever increasing portion of the infected people, while early on in China they found only the worst cases, which were more likely to die. I guess a greater public understanding that they need to get tested fast and a greater breadth of knowledge around how to treat the sick helps too. So its only natural that the CFR drops.

But one thing I have not yet heard mentioned, which could be a contributing factor to reducing the CFR as this disease spreads, is that the worst cases usually are a result of more dangerous strains of the virus (mutations if you will) and since they are more likely to be caught fast by the health care systems active in fighting this, our interventions actually favor the milder strains.
The opposite was true for the spanish flu, which was a contributing factor for why it killed so many; the easy version is that there were two strains of the spanish flu going round, one severe and one mild. But because WW I was going on at the time the soldiers in the trench war on both fronts were quite isolated from the world, so when they got sick they mostly spread the disease among each others. They were pretty much quarantined. But when they got really sick they were taken out of there and back to the front hospitals and were free to spread the worst of the strains to nurses, doctors, logistics people and through them back into society as a whole.
Getting the mild strain of the virus, which was around as deadly as the seasonal flu, made most of the survivors immune to the more severe strain. So some areas were affected by the mild strain first and developed enough immunity so that the deadly strain, when that wave hit, didn't take hold in the population.

This virus seemed to start relatively deadly but because we are effective in combating it in 2020 we quickly identify the severe cases and the virus while the milder cases, which are usually from milder strains is a little harder to combat.
That is why the situation in Iran is so troubleing, same with many other poorer countries with weak health care or and/or civil unrest. If the virus takes hold in those places it can potentially create greater risks for all of us even if the situation right now seems to be under control or getting there in most affected modern societies.

TheLegion Game profile

EE Patron

Mar 2nd 2020, 18:33:37

Originally posted by Gerdler:
What the hell does that have to do with the coronavirus tho?

Originally posted by TheLegion:

My experiences have led me to the conclusion that birds are not real.

I don't see how I can be any more clear.
- galleri

trolls be trolling
- KoHeartsGPA

- braden

braden Game profile

Mar 2nd 2020, 18:57:15

So am I a racist if I don't want an Iranian Canadian to cough or sneeze on me or spit on their hand and touch the hand railing?

If every person is disgusting and I don't want them around me, is it racist if a China or Iran person enters the subway train and I exit?

Is it racist for soko cities to shut down?
Is there hatred within me if I don't want to mouth to mouth and bring it home to my mother with 1 and 1/3 of a lung?

Is it racist for me to value the life of my mother over the life of some skunk eating China person?

Protecting your own is hatred?

braden Game profile

Mar 2nd 2020, 18:59:05

Toss an infant child into the mix and tell me everything is cool..

No? Wow.

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Mar 2nd 2020, 21:55:57

Originally posted by braden:
So am I a racist if I don't want an Iranian Canadian to cough or sneeze on me or spit on their hand and touch the hand railing?

If every person is disgusting and I don't want them around me, is it racist if a China or Iran person enters the subway train and I exit?

Is it racist for soko cities to shut down?
Is there hatred within me if I don't want to mouth to mouth and bring it home to my mother with 1 and 1/3 of a lung?

Is it racist for me to value the life of my mother over the life of some skunk eating China person?

Protecting your own is hatred?

I made out and did other things with a Korean woman last week. :)

If you are racist or not I will leave up to someone else to decide but you might have some unfounded fears and knowledge gaps that might lead you to focus on the wrong things. This can cause benign or serious side effects for yourself and others.

That said everyone should do what they can to avoid spreading the virus. You live in a modern country which surely has informed anyone coming in from risk-areas about how to act if they show symthoms. They are also actively working on disease surveillance.

If anyone sneezes or coughs on you, no matter nationality or ethnicity, and no matter if the coronavirus is in circulation or not it warrants a harsh response from you. Its disrespectful as fluff.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Mar 2nd 2020, 22:23:39

Agreed^

3 cases is Oregon now and lit a fire under the Oregon Health Association, they should have done so weeks ago IMO, taking sanitary precautions should always be at the top of the list, my girlfriend and a couple friends of mine work for the schools and they are pretty pissed at the the way the districts have been so laid back, especially knowing that sanitary precautions have never been a priority around these parts.
(•_•)

Sov Game profile

Mar 3rd 2020, 21:52:04

You have 2 weeks to live. I hope you make the most of what little time you have left.

BROmanceNZ

Mar 3rd 2020, 22:04:07

Other things? Like sing karaoke and discuss who your favourite BTS member is?

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Mar 3rd 2020, 23:00:53

Haha we did discuss BTS because they were in the news because the coronathing canceled one of their events and they released some new video which she wanted me to watch.
Luckily, I've got antibodies against BTS, or liking them is not contagious.
Originally posted by Sov:

You have 2 weeks to live. I hope you make the most of what little time you have left.

Awesome, I wouldn't wanna live when the food scarcity because of destroyed supply chains from the covid-19 pandemic kills you all slowly. :)

I rather go out with a bang.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Mar 4th 2020, 0:01:03

Literally LOL
(•_•)

Sov Game profile

Mar 4th 2020, 13:11:26

Well I’m visiting Japan in April so I’m gearing up to walk the barren wasteland of what used to be Tokyo and take on the Coronavirus zombies.

Kat Game profile

Mar 4th 2020, 14:09:28

The flu (most common strains) - 300k -600k deaths/year

Coronavirus (yeah yeah, it's a strain of the flu) - 3k deaths/year so far and flu season is almost over.

Do I want to catch either? Nope. Am I freaking out about either? Still nope. And I have a daughter with a compromised immune system that forces me to pull her out of school if another child in her class is brought in sick or if her temp rises as much as a degree.

Relax. We'll get over it. Just like bird flu and swine flu and... etc.

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Mar 4th 2020, 18:29:28

But one thing I have not yet heard mentioned, which could be a contributing factor to reducing the CFR as this disease spreads, is that the worst cases usually are a result of more dangerous strains of the virus (mutations if you will) and since they are more likely to be caught fast by the health care systems active in fighting this, our interventions actually favor the milder strains.
The opposite was true for the spanish flu, which was a contributing factor for why it killed so many; the easy version is that there were two strains of the spanish flu going round, one severe and one mild. But because WW I was going on at the time the soldiers in the trench war on both fronts were quite isolated from the world, so when they got sick they mostly spread the disease among each others. They were pretty much quarantined. But when they got really sick they were taken out of there and back to the front hospitals and were free to spread the worst of the strains to nurses, doctors, logistics people and through them back into society as a whole.
Getting the mild strain of the virus, which was around as deadly as the seasonal flu, made most of the survivors immune to the more severe strain. So some areas were affected by the mild strain first and developed enough immunity so that the deadly strain, when that wave hit, didn't take hold in the population.

https://academic.oup.com/....1093/nsr/nwaa036/5775463

ABSTRACT
The SARS-CoV-2 epidemic started in late December 2019 in Wuhan, China, and has since impacted a large portion of China and raised major global concern. Herein, we investigated the extent of molecular divergence between SARS-CoV-2 and other related coronaviruses. Although we found only 4% variability in genomic nucleotides between SARS-CoV-2 and a bat SARS-related coronavirus (SARSr-CoV; RaTG13), the difference at neutral sites was 17%, suggesting the divergence between the two viruses is much larger than previously estimated. Our results suggest that the development of new variations in functional sites in the receptor-binding domain (RBD) of the spike seen in SARS-CoV-2 and viruses from pangolin SARSr-CoVs are likely caused by mutations and natural selection besides recombination. Population genetic analyses of 103 SARS-CoV-2 genomes indicated that these viruses evolved into two major types (designated L and S), that are well defined by two different SNPs that show nearly complete linkage across the viral strains sequenced to date. Although the L type (∼70%) is more prevalent than the S type (∼30%), the S type was found to be the ancestral version. Whereas the L type was more prevalent in the early stages of the outbreak in Wuhan, the frequency of the L type decreased after early January 2020. Human intervention may have placed more severe selective pressure on the L type, which might be more aggressive and spread more quickly. On the other hand, the S type, which is evolutionarily older and less aggressive, might have increased in relative frequency due to relatively weaker selective pressure. These findings strongly support an urgent need for further immediate, comprehensive studies that combine genomic data, epidemiological data, and chart records of the clinical symptoms of patients with coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19).

Called it!

Sov Game profile

Mar 4th 2020, 21:30:32

Originally posted by Kat:
The flu (most common strains) - 300k -600k deaths/year

Coronavirus (yeah yeah, it's a strain of the flu) - 3k deaths/year so far and flu season is almost over.

Do I want to catch either? Nope. Am I freaking out about either? Still nope. And I have a daughter with a compromised immune system that forces me to pull her out of school if another child in her class is brought in sick or if her temp rises as much as a degree.

Relax. We'll get over it. Just like bird flu and swine flu and... etc.

I think you are underestimating how much you should be panicking right now. I suggest you start allocating the appropriate level of doom and gloom and prepare yourself to take on the Coronazombie hordes like I am.

bananacluts Game profile

Mar 5th 2020, 6:09:33

We have lots of food alternatives without eating zombie hordes.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Mar 5th 2020, 21:15:37

The common pigeon is quite tasty...yes I've ate one or two, not city bird though, mine were collateral casualties from quail hunting :P
(•_•)

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Mar 5th 2020, 21:17:53

Quail is delicious, I love those birds :-)
(•_•)

BROmanceNZ

Mar 6th 2020, 6:42:21

Originally posted by Sov:
Well I’m visiting Japan in April so I’m gearing up to walk the barren wasteland of what used to be Tokyo and take on the Coronavirus zombies.

We're supposed to be heading to Japan in April as well but we might have our flights cancelled as we live in Hong Kong - Japan has recently decided to restrict incoming travel from Mainland China and suspended Hong Kong visas for the country for the time being.

I've already been told that my rugby tour to Thailand in May has been cancelled and I've had two other business trips around Asia pulled in the past month.

TheLegion Game profile

EE Patron

Mar 6th 2020, 19:14:36

That is no good my friend
- galleri

trolls be trolling
- KoHeartsGPA

- braden

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Mar 7th 2020, 0:51:01

Excellent job by South Korea it seems; capacity to test 10k people every day, and working information etc.

The US seems to have done about 1% as many tests as South Korea, and the virus has had weeks to multiply kinda freely.

Meanwhile, most of western Europe seem to be doing a great job. Norway had some complications with health care workers spreading the virus for days but in general they seem to be doing an excellent job containing it.

Italy is hard at work and have taken extreme measures and supposedly have an excellent health care apparatus but has been hit very hard and early by a strains of the virus that seem to be far more deadly than the ones infecting South Koreans.

Some idiot Italians decided it was a great idea to bring the virus to the fragile health care system of India to deal with, so they just went from 3 cases to 31 confirmed cases. That might be a nightmare three months from now.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Mar 7th 2020, 2:36:10

Yeah there's a lot of progress being done but unfortunately stupid is overshadowing good healthcare practice :-/
(•_•)

Kahuna Game profile

Mar 8th 2020, 4:23:23

Buncho white priveledged fux ^

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Mar 8th 2020, 14:56:58

Sorry to disappoint, I'm South American, far from white, climb back into your white guilt slayer mmkay, thanks.
(•_•)

TheLegion Game profile

EE Patron

Mar 8th 2020, 15:23:55

lol
- galleri

trolls be trolling
- KoHeartsGPA

- braden

bananacluts Game profile

Mar 9th 2020, 2:32:58

I was reading Coronavirus is tapering off, other zombie hordes, any?

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Mar 10th 2020, 2:36:48

The best estimates on the true fatality rates must come from Korea who seems to have done a superb job with the testing and quarantining of all their sick. They have around 2600 cases in the age groups 0-29, with 0 fatalities. They have around 1800 cases in the age groups 30-49, with 2 fatalities(0.1%). So even if the fatality rates rise in higher age groups and seems to be very dangerous for the oldest and people with underlying conditions it is safer to get covid19 for anyone under 50 than it is to get the flu.
They don't know why the virus is so fatal to elderly, or why its so "safe" for the young, but at least it makes people want to combat the spread and at the same time as long as everyone doesn't get it at the same time it won't cause this types of societal collapses everyone is talking about even if a some % of the population eventually gets it.

w1a9c8k5 Game profile

Mar 10th 2020, 14:06:25

scared

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Mar 10th 2020, 15:56:43

It's just a very aggressive flu like virus, sanitize and keep your immune system tip top and you'll be fine, more than 60k people have recovered from this fluff, people that have died had weak and/or compromised immune system.
(•_•)

Zorp Game profile

Mar 10th 2020, 22:32:44

The carona coverage is fake news.

braden Game profile

Mar 11th 2020, 10:38:47

Mix your carona with Jose quervo; that'll keep you healthy.

Kaleanae Game profile

Mar 11th 2020, 16:27:42

Just take care.
Eat well, sleep well and all's good

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Mar 11th 2020, 18:05:24

This is very informative interviews with someone who actually studies these viruses...
https://youtu.be/E3URhJx0NSw
(•_•)

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Mar 15th 2020, 20:38:02

@Gerdler

Still sticking to your 1st comment that this virus is weak?
Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated.

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Mar 15th 2020, 22:47:54

Soap >>> SARS-CoV-2

So clearly. :)

Still I stand by that its not something to lose sleep over. And also that apart from an early denial phase the chinese response has been mostly excellent.

I think the disease is not very frightening in itself (very safe for those under 50) but the spread is very strong which risks overwhelming health care systems. I really didn't think countries like Italy, Spain or US would be caught so completely off-guard even tho they had time to prepare. I knew cases would pop up everywhere but I thought modern health care systems would beat it like Korea did with testing, disease control etc.

Spain and US is heading towards something similar to Italy right now, and France is not looking too hot either. :(

This will likely get worse than the swine flu, which was overestimated in the beginning because they didn't know that many of the elderly (in the risk groups) had immunity to it from before.

bananacluts Game profile

Mar 16th 2020, 4:18:15

SARs 1 was scary but SARs 2 lingered on for years although it wasn’t bad it happened when I graduated and the financial crisis then took out career hopes. Everyone was becoming a grade school teacher and studying education was saturated but now look at the school closures. Teachers striking and university being cancelled even before the Coronavirus because of home grown wolf attacks, clowns and other violence crisis. Toronto, Canada has had episodes of bio-contaminators and radioactive fluff leaking. News like the Orlando Pulse nightclub and gay march parades getting cancelled when places get so filthy and it is mind blowing how contaminated, at least on Church St where the gays used to live, either opioids killed them all off or there were diseases on top of SARs. All of a sudden it’s exploded with 16600 cases worldwide, I read today.

Edited By: bananacluts on Mar 16th 2020, 4:27:47. Reason: writing more
See Original Post

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Mar 18th 2020, 19:48:03

braden Game profile

Mar 18th 2020, 19:50:22

Banana is in Toronto? Let's meet at a bar and talk earth! Gays on church? Don't know but decent meth.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Mar 18th 2020, 22:53:27

Bars are forbidden, no?
(•_•)

braden Game profile

Mar 19th 2020, 20:20:33

I've had enough of your temperence.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Mar 20th 2020, 2:13:56

🙇
(•_•)