Verified:

mazooka Game profile

Nov 20th 2019, 0:46:01

fluffes, a bunch of fluffes. I was thinking about the state of play vs how it was. Hey fluffes, you don't automatically set record nws every set. Also fluffes, you don't grow bigger than the server allows. You fluffes,fluff and moan about getting suicided. Fair nough, stop grabbing and defend your fluff. You cant defend 300k acres? Dont get 300k acres. I had to stop grabbing at 30k acres because if i went over it I WOULD BE GRABBED A fluff TON OF TIMES. Greedy, whiney fluffes is what is left in the game..you don't even deserve the responses of admins for your fluffy ass selves.

It's not pang or qzs responsibility to make a safe place for you to net with 0 worries. Stop being fluffes.

Bug Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 20th 2019, 0:48:11

I ain't reading all this post, someone wanna send me some footnotes?

Drow Game profile

Nov 20th 2019, 0:51:58

Originally posted by tfm0m0:
In addition to open profiles let's tag all the profiles with gerdler approved terms for each player

Griefer
Suicider
Netter
Nice guy that got upset

Am I missing any?

So long as I can have "drunken PooG", I'll be content :P

Retired Earth type.

tfm0m0 Game profile

Nov 20th 2019, 0:52:55

Originally posted by Gerdler:
In addition to open profiles let's tag all the profiles with gerdler approved terms for each player

Griefer
Suicider
Netter
Nice guy that got upset

Am I missing any?

"Requiem is the first suicider/in-game griefer who was ever punished for his actions in this game. Sadly I think he will be the last to get punished as well."

You are really fluffing stupid SoFm0m0

Oh you're right the last one is a Derrickism

How do you guys keep opening this thread anyway

----------thread closed--------

Drow Game profile

Nov 20th 2019, 0:55:13

Bug:
Req got suicided on by trumpoz, flipped out and suicided on a bunch of PS players, and stepped away from the game. PS players then quit as well.

Camps seem to be divided into Req is a total bastard who deserves everything he gets, and "Magnus - I mean Requiem - DID NOTHING WRONNNNG!!!"

Retired Earth type.

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Nov 20th 2019, 0:55:53

This is like the 11th time you have attached some opinion to me that I never exclaimed or is even the opposite of what I said.

tfm0m0 Game profile

Nov 20th 2019, 0:56:34

I don't think it's completely one way or the other, really. Requiem railed against the issues with suiciders for who knows how long and ultimately became one.

tfm0m0 Game profile

Nov 20th 2019, 0:57:26

This is like the 11th time you have attached some opinion to me that I never exclaimed or is even the opposite of what I said.

This is like the 111th time you've gotten so upset over a 20 year old text based game

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Nov 20th 2019, 0:57:36

I don't think it's completely one way or the other, really. Requiem railed against the issues with suiciders for who knows how long and ultimately became one.
That is a very common occurence.

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Nov 20th 2019, 1:00:40

This is like the 111th time you've gotten so upset over a 20 year old text based game

No, Im not upset over the game I am upset that your education has failed you so horribly. To allow an adult to remain as uneducated as you is a human rights violation and that makes me furious.

ironxxx Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 20th 2019, 1:00:48

Derricidal ??

tfm0m0 Game profile

Nov 20th 2019, 1:04:43

No, Im not upset over the game I am upset that your education has failed you so horribly. To allow an adult to remain as uneducated as you is a human rights violation and that makes me furious.

LMAO that might be the funniest fluff anybody has ever written on here. Thank god something decent has come of 50 suicider threads for once

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Nov 20th 2019, 1:06:57

:)

Boltar Game profile

Nov 20th 2019, 1:08:01

That is a very common occurence.

Still waiting for sof's apology from laf. And still waiting for u to show me where I was for those suiciding laf.

Warster Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Nov 20th 2019, 1:08:58

I have pang's ear, I needed a souvenir for my time on staff :)
FFA- TKO Leader
Alliance- Monsters

MSN
ICQ 28629332

Chevs

Nov 20th 2019, 1:22:10

Sorry what was his punishment? I thought he quit and I don’t think anything happened to his country
SOF Head Of Poop
2019-04-03 21:40:26 PS the stinky deyicks (#599) Beryl Houston (#360) LaF 30638A (43783A)
En4cer: Chevs... u would have beaten me by more than 100m

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 20th 2019, 1:24:24

Griefer
Suicider
Netter
Nice guy that got upset
product of a human rights violation.

Am I missing any?

Yes

Added, see above.
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 20th 2019, 1:26:11

Originally posted by Chevs:
Sorry what was his punishment? I thought he quit and I don’t think anything happened to his country

Having to read the diarrhea coming from your keypad is plenty punishment, my friend.
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)

Primeval Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Nov 20th 2019, 1:29:20

Originally posted by Mr Gainsboro:
.... Sucks we have asked for this for years and basically alliances have to quit the game before you do something about it.

I wonder how many people have "quit" this game more than once during the same time period

tfm0m0 Game profile

Nov 20th 2019, 1:34:19

Originally posted by KoHeartsGPA:

Griefer
Suicider
Netter
Nice guy that got upset
product of a human rights violation.

Am I missing any?

Yes

Added, see above.

You'll know how to find my country next set

Warster Game profile

Game Moderator

Nov 20th 2019, 1:42:12

I believe they were referring to the fact he was dumped from staff
FFA- TKO Leader
Alliance- Monsters

MSN
ICQ 28629332

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Nov 20th 2019, 2:03:30

Originally posted by Boltar:
Originally posted by Pang:
*shrugs*

I literally have code up for review that resolves some of the issues folks raised

It's like leaving a new years eve party at 11:55!!

Who gets to review it? Who gets to know what it's about and can or does have ur ear for input?

qz is the other one who reviews it -- only him and I are active in that project. Zarc has access but has been largely MIA unless we reach out to him.

Other stuff, like the UI project, is in a different repository

But as for feedback on the solution -> there's a thread on Announcements where I outlined what we're doing with some discussion I actioned. The code that does is just reflecting what I posted there.
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff
pangaea [at] earthempires [dot] com

Boxcar - Earth Empires Clan & Alliance Hosting
http://www.boxcarhosting.com

Boltar Game profile

Nov 20th 2019, 2:13:18

Which thread specifically so I can go take a look

Bug Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 20th 2019, 2:14:17

Bug Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 20th 2019, 2:14:34

Well, i believe so..

tfm0m0 Game profile

Nov 20th 2019, 2:28:36

Originally posted by Warster:

I believe they were referring to the fact he was dumped from staff

In my opinion staff shouldn't even be publicly identifiable. There should be an alias account which admins/devs post from to remain anonymous (i.e. EE Developer Team) to reduce the perception of bias

Drow Game profile

Nov 20th 2019, 2:46:17

that's a bit of a flip though, because it would also mean that a staff member actually COULD be biased, without being shown up for it /shrug

Retired Earth type.

Original Skywise L Game profile

Nov 20th 2019, 3:00:01

Requiem is the first suicider/in-game griefer who was ever punished for his actions in this game. Sadly I think he will be the last to get punished as well.

Complete and utter bullfluff.
Skywise

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Nov 20th 2019, 3:39:07

I get that we're busy swearing at each other, but other players have been punished for suiciding before in the past. Players working together to target other players on solo servers have been deleted before. That's a rules violation. Not a common one but it happens.

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator

Nov 20th 2019, 4:13:08

I am not sure why you all think he was punished?
Where did that idea come from?
That Pang pulled him from the dev team?
If that punishment then you failed to read Primeval's statement.
And then you failed to read Requiem's statement.
Thus to top it up. Requiem had quit like a few days ago.
So yeah there was no punishment. And there was no need for punishment. Again see Prime's statement and Req's statement.

https://gyazo.com/...b3bb28dddf908cdbcfd162513

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

trumpoz Game profile

Nov 20th 2019, 4:28:08

Originally posted by mazooka:

It's not pang or qzs responsibility to make a safe place for you to net with 0 worries. Stop being fluffes.

True.

The current situation is that a 5-minute per day country can screw over multiple countries. The balance is simply way off.

The changes to be implemented will make the sort of farming run done to LaF/PS a lot less effective and far more time intensive to replicate as it will require a much bigger land base to be able to even a fraction of the damage from.

Given it looks like grabbing gains will be related to built land and not total land it means that BR/CM kills of suiciders will negate their ability to restart and farm the fluff out of an alliance.

enshula Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 20th 2019, 6:42:28

something happened to nukevil but i cant remember if it was for all the landkilling he was doing or something else

he killed maybe 200 countries via landkill at the start of sets which im sure led to a lot of people quitting which seems like a counter productive thing to do when your putting in effort to develop something

Drow Game profile

Nov 20th 2019, 8:10:01

trump: given you caused this situation this set in suiciding req in the first place, you're hardly one to say squat tbh.

Retired Earth type.

trumpoz Game profile

Nov 20th 2019, 8:15:39

Originally posted by Drow:
trump: given you caused this situation this set in suiciding req in the first place, you're hardly one to say squat tbh.

Except Im looking at the changes from the perspective of what people want to stop.

I didnt tell req to do anything by the way - it was his choice.

Drow Game profile

Nov 20th 2019, 8:20:07

oh it's not your fault that he flipped out and suicided on friends of yours after you suicided on him?
nah, bullfluff mate. At least own your part in it, and apologise to your friends that you drove out of the game.

Retired Earth type.

UgolinoII Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 20th 2019, 12:04:50

oh it's not your fault that he flipped out and suicided on friends of yours after you suicided on him?
nah, bullfluff mate. At least own your part in it, and apologise to your friends that you drove out of the game.

Ah the ole “but the bad man made me do it” defense...

That’s how “us greifers” are always vindicated.

Oh wait you were talking about req! ;)

Chevs

Nov 20th 2019, 14:44:22

Bug:
Req got suicided on by trumpoz, flipped out and suicided on a bunch of PS players, and stepped away from the game. PS players then quit as well.

Camps seem to be divided into Req is a total bastard who deserves everything he gets, and "Magnus - I mean Requiem - DID NOTHING WRONNNNG!!!"

this is totally untrue

i have never called req a total bastard. I don't have a problem with him suiciding me i got rekt. Was i sad? yes, will i get over it? yes.

I have been nothing but consistent and i challenge anyone to point out my hypocrisy anywhere. I laughed multiple times about how i had 0 defense and wasnt mad at requiem, which is consistent with my position on other threads.

My issue is with other people who take the position of "i should be able to run 0 defense, suiciders are cancer", but then in the same breath say "TRUMPOZ MADE REQUIEM DO IT, HES A GOOD GUY I SWEAR"
SOF Head Of Poop
2019-04-03 21:40:26 PS the stinky deyicks (#599) Beryl Houston (#360) LaF 30638A (43783A)

Chevs

Nov 20th 2019, 14:45:41

by this logic i should be able to suicide laf next set because requiem made me do it and everyone would be fine with it

which is total horsefluff logic
SOF Head Of Poop

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Nov 20th 2019, 15:19:33

Only Derrick has said he somewhat understands Requiems reasoning tho. You blow it way out of proportion if you suggest that what Derrick said is the sentiment of everyone.

That said. You legit ran 0 turrets 0 spies 0 tanks 0 troops when you got hit... No lafer that got suicided in the past 2 years ran that at this stage of the game or even weeks before it. You have been one of the ones who claimed we are underdefended and therefore victim blamed us - and yet as the record shows we are the most defended netting alliance in general and we are still targeted.
I think everyone, and certainly YOU, should stop using low defences as an arguement for getting hit. Its been established time and time again that no one can defend themselves against someone who wants to wreak your set, and its been shown time and time again that if you try you will not be in a position to do anything about the top ranks even if everyone leaves you alone.

The reason you got hit and the reason I got hit was because someone wanted to wreak our resets, period. This might not be a problem in itself but if you add to that the fact that both Trumpoz and Requiem ruined more than just one set, in fact about half a dozen each, in a few minutes. Think about that; 2 months of this hobby ruined for half a dozen players in ~15 minutes. That people quit over it is just a symptom of this imbalance.

Chevs

Nov 20th 2019, 15:33:30

Only Derrick has said he somewhat understands Requiems reasoning tho. You blow it way out of proportion if you suggest that what Derrick said is the sentiment of everyone.

That said. You legit ran 0 turrets 0 spies 0 tanks 0 troops when you got hit... No lafer that got suicided in the past 2 years ran that at this stage of the game or even weeks before it. You have been one of the ones who claimed we are underdefended and therefore victim blamed us - and yet as the record shows we are the most defended netting alliance in general and we are still targeted.
I think everyone, and certainly YOU, should stop using low defences as an arguement for getting hit. Its been established time and time again that no one can defend themselves against someone who wants to wreak your set, and its been shown time and time again that if you try you will not be in a position to do anything about the top ranks even if everyone leaves you alone.

The reason you got hit and the reason I got hit was because someone wanted to wreak our resets, period. This might not be a problem in itself but if you add to that the fact that both Trumpoz and Requiem ruined more than just one set, in fact about half a dozen each, in a few minutes. Think about that; 2 months of this hobby ruined for half a dozen players in ~15 minutes. That people quit over it is just a symptom of this imbalance.

fair statement.. i think you've been consistent on your position as well.

the part i disagree with you is i don't know where you draw the line and how you define greifing. Ugo has danced around it on this thread with some top tier satire/fluffpost.

If i run a 100k high effort high warfare techer designed to do damage and pay it forward next set, is that still greifing? even though it objectively takes "skill"?

you are right the reason i got hit was not because i had 0 defense. it was because someone wanted to ruin my set. but the difference is i will get over it because the game restarts in a couple weeks. i've been suicided two sets in a row, maybe my perspective will change if it continues who knows.

unlike alot of people here i am opened to have my mind changed, but im not about to change my opinion over vague statements and poorly defined concepts of what constitutes greifing, suiciding, etc
SOF Head Of Poop

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Nov 20th 2019, 16:09:39

A skilled griefer is still a griefer. I dont see what is so difficult about the definition - in fact this is a well established term in the gaming world. If your purpose is to ruin other peoples game experience you are a griefer. Thats probably not an issue in itself.

The fact that it is so easy in this game to not just ruin one players experience but half a dozen or even a dozen players experience and that some people play only to grief a certain group (what other games like WoW penalizes as harassment) for years on end.

So make it less powerful by an order of magnitude or so and penalize the worst offenders

Chevs

Nov 20th 2019, 16:30:59

If your purpose is to ruin other peoples game experience you are a griefer.

this is the other part that is vague to me.

from the perspective of some people, not being able to landgrab a 400k acre country is ruining their experience as well.

how do we define and quantify something as subjective as "ruining a players experience" is where i take exception to vague concepts and statements like this.
SOF Head Of Poop

Chevs

Nov 20th 2019, 16:32:56

also this argument of "I just want to be able to netgain" so if i dont i am allowed to suicide and get a pass is just nonsense

theres like 10 other servers where you can netgain. i dont believe anybody is entitled to say What ALLIANCE server should or should not be and i havent seen a compelling argument yet

edit: not saying you are makign this argument gerd
SOF Head Of Poop

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 20th 2019, 17:03:28

I propose an all X PvP server where you can only hug them trees, it'll create that "safe space" people that don't want or have time to war, or just want to go all X.
(•_•)

Red X Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express & Team

Nov 20th 2019, 17:05:54

also this argument of "I just want to be able to netgain" so if i dont i am allowed to suicide and get a pass is just nonsense

theres like 10 other servers where you can netgain. i dont believe anybody is entitled to say What ALLIANCE server should or should not be and i havent seen a compelling argument yet

edit: not saying you are makign this argument gerd

10 other servers?

Alliance
Primary
Tourny
Team
FFA
Express

Where are you getting the other servers at?

Marshal, do not comment with test servers they do not count <3

Edited By: Red X on Nov 20th 2019, 17:08:38. Reason: Your mom goes to college
My attitude is that of a Hulk smash
Mixed with Tony Montana snortin' bags of his coke stash
http://nbkffa.ghqnet.com

Earth Watcher

Nov 20th 2019, 17:45:58

Requiem is a good guy, he just got pushed over the edge and struck back where he could. Well PS, I guess it's only funny when it happens to other netgainers, huh? Maybe being buddies with a griefer isn't the best idea?

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Nov 20th 2019, 17:52:39

I think he counts AI, Alpha and AlphaFFA lol. I guess one could argue that the AI server is a real server since it doesnt have the magic market.

sinistril Game profile

Nov 20th 2019, 18:00:15

Originally posted by Earth Watcher:
Requiem is a good guy, he just got pushed over the edge and struck back where he could. Well PS, I guess it's only funny when it happens to other netgainers, huh? Maybe being buddies with a griefer isn't the best idea?

Name a clan that does not have griefer friends and I'll call you a liar
If you give a man some fire, he'll be warm for awhile. If you set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Red X Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express & Team

Nov 20th 2019, 18:00:49

I think he counts AI, Alpha and AlphaFFA lol. I guess one could argue that the AI server is a real server since it doesnt have the magic market.

That is stupid, oh yeah.

Welcome back Chevs
My attitude is that of a Hulk smash
Mixed with Tony Montana snortin' bags of his coke stash
http://nbkffa.ghqnet.com

Chevs

Nov 20th 2019, 18:07:28

I said there’s “like” 10 servers

Only responding to that part of my post just shows you have no argument or have no interest in an honest discussion with people who have different opinions than yours
SOF Head Of Poop