Verified:

Tigress Game profile

Sep 23rd 2019, 5:40:34

Do not know if this has been discussed before, but was thinking this would add an interesting dimension to the game. there could be a handful of new strats built around a land market. the market just like other commodities would be self-adjusting, where players determine trade value at various points of the reset. The market can have built and un-built acres. players would have to decide is it cheaper to buy or to land grab, just like they do with a tech phase or should I go techer vs, casher.

one downside is it could way over power cashers, but not necessarily since all strats would have access to the same land.

consider a very land thin country, that simply batch explores and sells land, then buys bushels to stockpile. if too many using this strat then prices plummet / similar to an oil market. if land is thin then prices can get fairly high, perhaps to where land grabbers are also selling portions of land off.

to limit an exploit of land grabbing and selling land so retals cannot regain land taken, have a cooling of period of 24 hours before land could be sold. Once on market it cannot be recalled, but does return if not sold in the regular amount of time.

I am sure there are a lot of pros and cons to this.

Edited By: Tigress on Sep 23rd 2019, 5:47:15
See Original Post
Happy Hunting

Tigress

the Temple

Sep 23rd 2019, 11:19:39

Yes let's do this! At the moment i just have to dump my top feed acres- if I could sell them instead, KERCHING!!! Theo griefer ftw!

Edited By: the Temple on Sep 23rd 2019, 11:22:17

Tigress Game profile

Sep 23rd 2019, 14:21:29

cheap acres from the Temple and /me wins wih 50 mil net :P
Happy Hunting

Tigress

the Temple

Sep 23rd 2019, 18:51:34

Who said anything about cheap!

I wonder what the base price of an acre is though. In Express good top feed will get maybe 2500-3000 acres including ghost. It’ll probably cost me 300k jets. So 15000 per acre would break even. It might just about be worth while.

It will never be all explore. Let’s say you stay small enough to keep you explore rate above 20. Rep obviously, so you’re a casher. You could be cashing at what, 4 million with a good build for that size? So your break even per acre is 200k. You’ll never reach that though because grabbers will be selling for 20% of the price and raking it in. All it would mean is even more of a race to farm the bots than there is already from the super netters

sinistril Game profile

Sep 27th 2019, 4:53:26

One of the more interesting ideas lately.

Originally posted by the Temple:

I wonder what the base price of an acre is though. In Express good top feed will get maybe 2500-3000 acres including ghost. It’ll probably cost me 300k jets. So 15000 per acre would break even. It might just about be worth while.

It will never be all explore. Let’s say you stay small enough to keep you explore rate above 20. Rep obviously, so you’re a casher. You could be cashing at what, 4 million with a good build for that size? So your break even per acre is 200k. You’ll never reach that though because grabbers will be selling for 20% of the price and raking it in. All it would mean is even more of a race to farm the bots than there is already from the super netters

Including oil, jet costs, etc, it would also depend on turns left, what strategy the buyer chooses, how much land the buyer has already, price of tech etc. It could be abused in too many ways to make it viable, and would likely result in either the good players taking sweet advantage over the bad ones or a complete market failure, but it's an interesting idea.
If you give a man some fire, he'll be warm for awhile. If you set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Tigress Game profile

Oct 2nd 2019, 12:44:09

Originally posted by sinistril:
One of the more interesting ideas lately.

Originally posted by the Temple:

Including oil, jet costs, etc, it would also depend on turns left, what strategy the buyer chooses, how much land the buyer has already, price of tech etc. It could be abused in too many ways to make it viable, and would likely result in either the good players taking sweet advantage over the bad ones or a complete market failure, but it's an interesting idea.

@sinistril -- much closer to what I had in mind, turns left in a reset would be a major factor in land value. Land can only produce a finite amount of goods in the remaining amount of turns. it can probably be kept @ about 5% of land can be sold so a 20K acre country can only sell 1K acres at a time. Try to minimize a replication of llaar's oil transfer strategy to push countries into the top 10.

Another way to add value is to have prebuilt acres, where thinner countries would have a distinctive advantage over very land fat countries. Players can then select land with the buildings of there choice pre-built. It might be more lucrative to buy vs. land grab and then build or re-build when a country is over 100k acres. jets and oil might be cheap but add in building costs and there might be a sweet spot. just a bit too lazy to do the math for now,

Edited By: Tigress on Oct 2nd 2019, 12:46:10
See Original Post
Happy Hunting

Tigress

Stryke Game profile

Oct 8th 2019, 6:56:26

So, your idea would be to give suiciders a mechanism by which they could repeatedly harass others, but also use the land they've taken as a means to climb higher in ranks so that they could do it to larger targets?
SOTA (President/HFA) • Elders • Darkness
http://sota.ghqnet.com

a.k.a. NightShade
Originally posted by kemo:
this dudes either a great troll or a seriously stupid fluff. the kind that takes the pepsi challenge and chooses jiff

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 8th 2019, 7:26:30

Originally posted by Stryke:
So, your idea would be to give suiciders a mechanism by which they could repeatedly harass others, but also use the land they've taken as a means to climb higher in ranks so that they could do it to larger targets?

Uhm, they already have that, it's called restart bonus.
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

Tigress Game profile

Oct 8th 2019, 11:55:07

who the f***k was even talking about suiciders, much less that this idea was designed to be helping them ???

how about we also fix the game so bottom feeding scum cannot attack smaller players anymore??? I just had a def ally quit their country, that that had really high def for the land they had.

are you serious about limiting suiciders or just looking for a way to bottom feed without repercussions??? <-- this more than anything else explains why new players do not stick around and/or suiciders exist in this game.

here is a suggestion you can only top feed an all-x country, an all-x country must declare itself as such upfront which in turn disables their war room except for a 72 hour retal window. Retals can only be taken in a 72 hour window and must be a PS or SS with a max of 3 acres per acre lost in the top feed. Also make it so an attacking country cannot de-stock and jump out of range for 72 hours i.e max net equals 1.5 of the smallest all-x country hit in the last 72 hours (don't like this limitation then do not hit an all-x country) -- I guarantee you throw this into the game and it would make all-x countries extremely dangerous to hit. You would not have suicide countries put a W next to any non-all-x country so it clearly declares itself a war country -- want to hit this war country then go for it, there are no rules in war, your initial action declares you are more than willing to accept and take personal responsibility for whatever happens next!!! separate the real men and women from the boys and girls.

all countries would have a G, W or A next to their gov type, bots can be any of these, bots with an A next to their gov type can attack and get their land back.

G = you want the war-room so you can attack other countries -- standard GDI rules apply
A = trading no war-room for added protection and extreme PS/SS only retal abilities (please hit me I need the money)-
-- you can only select A if you made 0 attacks including offensive spyops in a reset and once selected it cannot be dropped.
W = open to whatever may happen (bring it on I have nukes galore to send you back into the stone age)

moving the above into its own thread so it can be discussed properly
Happy Hunting

Tigress

Stryke Game profile

Oct 8th 2019, 12:50:17

Originally posted by Tigress:

who the f***k was even talking about suiciders, much less that this idea was designed to be helping them ???

how about we also fix the game so bottom feeding scum cannot attack smaller players anymore??? I just had a def ally quit their country, that that had really high def for the land they had.

are you serious about limiting suiciders or just looking for a way to bottom feed without repercussions??? <-- this more than anything else explains why new players do not stick around and/or suiciders exist in this game.

here is a suggestion you can only top feed an all-x country, an all-x country must declare itself as such upfront which in turn disables their war room except for a 72 hour retal window. Retals can only be taken in a 72 hour window and must be a PS or SS with a max of 3 acres per acre lost in the top feed. Also make it so an attacking country cannot de-stock and jump out of range for 72 hours i.e max net equals 1.5 of the smallest all-x country hit in the last 72 hours (don't like this limitation then do not hit an all-x country) -- I guarantee you throw this into the game and it would make all-x countries extremely dangerous to hit. You would not have suicide countries put a W next to any non-all-x country so it clearly declares itself a war country -- want to hit this war country then go for it, there are no rules in war, your initial action declares you are more than willing to accept and take personal responsibility for whatever happens next!!! separate the real men and women from the boys and girls.

all countries would have a G, W or A next to their gov type, bots can be any of these, bots with an A next to their gov type can attack and get their land back.

G = you want the war-room so you can attack other countries -- standard GDI rules apply
A = trading no war-room for added protection and extreme PS/SS only retal abilities (please hit me I need the money)-
-- you can only select A if you made 0 attacks including offensive spyops in a reset and once selected it cannot be dropped.
W = open to whatever may happen (bring it on I have nukes galore to send you back into the stone age)

moving the above into its own thread so it can be discussed properly

As far as "helping suiciders" goes: Here's the thing. The idea of being able to sell land is a cool idea. However, while the concept is a great one, you have to consider how if it were implemented, you'd have players using it as it was intended... and you'd have others using it in ways it was never intended to be.

Just imagine, players with nothing but bad intentions out to ruin the game for anyone they see fit. They could top feed someone relentlessly, sell the land they've gained, climb higher in networth and repeat the process until someone or a group gets sick of it and kills them.

As for bottomfeeding: I don't bottomfeed, I hit bots... and always go for the bot closest to my own networth. Bottomfeeding started as an Alliance Server practice way back in Earth: 2025 and during my years of playing Earth: 2025 have fallen victim to it. I was told in no uncertain terms back then that if I didn't want to be farmed into the dirt to join an alliance and learn the game. I cannot speak for those who practice bottomfeeding, as I have always felt it created nothing but problems in the long term.

I ran an alliance in Free For All, and after having one alliance (that outnumbered us 3:1) declare war out of the blue and ruin our netgaining set, four members outright quit. The set later, the members that remained started a war with a smaller tag and got us completely wiped out, leading me to disband the alliance... I had no time to invest in warchats that would run into the early hours of the morning, kill runs, having to be online all the time despite having a job in case I or another member was attacked to either wall or get them online in time to wall... some people find that to be fun. I consider it stressful, exhausting, and outright annoying having everything I'd worked for and the time I put into it just upended. It's largely why I quit the game for 2.5 years.

a.k.a. NightShade
this dudes either a great troll or a seriously stupid fluff. the kind that takes the pepsi challenge and chooses jiff

Tigress Game profile

Oct 8th 2019, 14:33:05

@stryke yes I know as a matter of fact if I remember correctly I was one of your members in that alliance for a reset or two...
Happy Hunting

Tigress

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 8th 2019, 22:19:26

You were in Soda, I mean Sota?
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

Tigress Game profile

Oct 9th 2019, 6:34:20

Originally posted by KoHeartsGPA:
You were in Soda, I mean Sota?

maybe I was thinking of someone else, but I do recall soldiers of the apocalypse and have played in a handful of small tags.

Happy Hunting

Tigress

Stryke Game profile

Oct 9th 2019, 18:16:54

Well, KoH, I was doing a decent job at leading less than a dozen people, with SOTA as a netgaining tag. Things went well for a while between 2013-14 until we got blindsided by LoC, lost four members and then the set after, during the April-June 2014 set, I was hospitalized and one member took it upon their self to rally the rest of the members together and FS DoMstyle because Jayr was antagonizing 1-2 of them. By the time I got back from the hospital, the FS was past the planning stage, and they were going to do it regardless of my attempts to dissuade them.

SOTA was an FDP or Hell's Saints... Hell's Saints had an FDP with DoMstyle and this whole thing caused HS to drop their pact with SOTA, and declare war on SOTA... and caused a whole fluffstorm.

Needless to say, I worked my ass off to cultivate a reputation as President and FA, that we honored our pacts, always handled things as fairly as possible, and as the leader... had control of my members. After that set concluded, I disbanded the alliance and said: "To Hell with it."

@Tigress, we were both members of DedlySmurf's wannabe Swords of Justice.

a.k.a. NightShade

Marshal Game profile

Oct 9th 2019, 19:29:15

lookslike i was on other side of fence in that sota vs hs war.

just blame red x and all will be fine.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

Tigress Game profile

Oct 10th 2019, 4:55:41

Well, KoH, I was doing a decent job at leading less than a dozen people, with SOTA as a netgaining tag. Things went well for a while between 2013-14 until we got blindsided by LoC, lost four members and then the set after, during the April-June 2014 set, I was hospitalized and one member took it upon their self to rally the rest of the members together and FS DoMstyle because Jayr was antagonizing 1-2 of them. By the time I got back from the hospital, the FS was past the planning stage, and they were going to do it regardless of my attempts to dissuade them.

SOTA was an FDP or Hell's Saints... Hell's Saints had an FDP with DoMstyle and this whole thing caused HS to drop their pact with SOTA, and declare war on SOTA... and caused a whole fluffstorm.

Needless to say, I worked my ass off to cultivate a reputation as President and FA, that we honored our pacts, always handled things as fairly as possible, and as the leader... had control of my members. After that set concluded, I disbanded the alliance and said: "To Hell with it."

@Tigress, we were both members of DedlySmurf's wannabe Swords of Justice.

ah yes swords :) I knew we were in clan together at some point -- thanks for the reminder memory going with old age -- soon I'll just be hitting random people with a cane, get off my lawn... "it's not your lawn ma'am" --- hmm oh ahh yes then I suppose you are right --- /me walks home
Happy Hunting

Tigress

Stryke Game profile

Oct 10th 2019, 7:41:32

LOL, I just turned 42 at the end of August, so I get ya.

a.k.a. NightShade