Verified:

Tigress Game profile

Oct 2nd 2019, 12:44:09

Originally posted by sinistril:
One of the more interesting ideas lately.

Originally posted by the Temple:
Who said anything about cheap!

I wonder what the base price of an acre is though. In Express good top feed will get maybe 2500-3000 acres including ghost. It’ll probably cost me 300k jets. So 15000 per acre would break even. It might just about be worth while.

It will never be all explore. Let’s say you stay small enough to keep you explore rate above 20. Rep obviously, so you’re a casher. You could be cashing at what, 4 million with a good build for that size? So your break even per acre is 200k. You’ll never reach that though because grabbers will be selling for 20% of the price and raking it in. All it would mean is even more of a race to farm the bots than there is already from the super netters

Including oil, jet costs, etc, it would also depend on turns left, what strategy the buyer chooses, how much land the buyer has already, price of tech etc. It could be abused in too many ways to make it viable, and would likely result in either the good players taking sweet advantage over the bad ones or a complete market failure, but it's an interesting idea.

@sinistril -- much closer to what I had in mind, turns left in a reset would be a major factor in land value. Land can only produce a finite amount of goods in the remaining amount of turns. it can probably be kept @ about 5% of land can be sold so a 20K acre country can only sell 1K acres at a time. Try to minimize a replication of llaar's oil transfer strategy to push countries into the top 10.

Another way to add value is to have prebuilt acres, where thinner countries would have a distinctive advantage or very land fat countries. Players can then select land with the buildings of there choice pre-built. It might be more lucrative to buy vs. land grab and then build or re-build when a country is over 100k acres. jets and oil might be cheap but add in building costs and there might be a sweet spot. just a bit too lazy to do the math for now,

Happy Hunting

Tigress