Verified:

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 3rd 2019, 21:01:19

After mulling over some structural things about elders, and operating multiple sets successfully maintaining a small outpost tag, we've decided to take the next step into the future with the Elders family.

Contrary to popular belief, Elders is a rotating crew of about 8 core members, and around 30 currently active players who like to war some, but not all, of the time. Some of my best friends in this game only play in Elders tag twice a year, but net in allied tags the rest of the time. Others take sets off entirely for things such as vacations or busy work months.

We've decided that not only is this an inefficient method to keep our family together, but also that the server needs a tag to net in, protected by the elders flagship and its other affiliates.

Thus......TKS (aka GNV) went from idea, to planning, to now facing its launch on the 1a server.

It will operate autonomously to elders, and sign its own pacts, but be policed by the elders tag to insure largely clean netting sets. Mercs will continue to operate as a kill for hire tag. The flagship Elders tag will continue to find some wars, and will not consider pacting any tag that refuses to pact our netting affiliate.

If you wish to apply to Mercs, Elders, or TKS you will need to use our main site elves.ghqnet.com and all meetings of the tags will still be conducted thru the elders main channel and #elderswar.

Looking forward to getting some fresh blood in the family and having the currently existing family stay together a little better. Please contact myself for pacts with elders, Red X for pacts with TKS, and rasp for pacts with mercs. Thanks!

Edited By: Red X on Aug 4th 2019, 4:24:41

Red X Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express & Team

Aug 3rd 2019, 21:03:31

Confirmed

Annie may or may not confirm as well
My attitude is that of a Hulk smash
Mixed with Tony Montana snortin' bags of his coke stash
http://nbkffa.ghqnet.com

Mr Gainsboro Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 3rd 2019, 21:27:39

so terrible to steal the killing swedes tag. screw u guys
Don of LaF

Red X Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express & Team

Aug 3rd 2019, 21:43:54

Originally posted by Mr Gainsboro:

Our apologizes, they should just join us

MauricXe Game profile

Aug 3rd 2019, 22:01:48

Not to shabby of post that originated from a cell phone ;)

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 3rd 2019, 22:34:10

Hahaha. I type fast on phone. Did that post over a smoke break at work. I blame the women in my life that get mad when i don't immediately respond.

sinistril Game profile

Aug 4th 2019, 0:13:53

Now the Elders conglomerate has everything...
If you give a man some fire, he'll be warm for awhile. If you set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

M m i x X Game profile

Aug 4th 2019, 5:40:09

Originally posted by Mr Gainsboro:

Yeah, that's what I first thought of when I read TKS :D
-=(M m i x X)=-

ERTYUIPOP Game profile

Aug 4th 2019, 6:24:15

okies and alrighty :)

Ivan Game profile

Aug 4th 2019, 8:16:30

Theres somethings you just dont do Derrick, you dont steal other peoples tags I expect you to correct this ASAP

That is all

Ivanfluff

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Aug 4th 2019, 11:30:24

TKS was always and will always be The Killing Swedes.

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 4th 2019, 12:43:27

You guys act like there's a wealth of acronyms remaining.

But also, why the hell is ivan here? You just type tks and every swede in the games past turns up?

I literally don't remember the killing swedes. What era was that?

ninong Game profile

Aug 4th 2019, 12:47:36

use SveaRike instead of TKS
ninong, formerly Johnny Demonic
IX

TaSk1 Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 4th 2019, 14:46:11

TKS is The Killing Swedes you thief!

They have been around since you were in nappies boy!

and LMAO at the elders flagship, is this some sort of a joke? lol
Witness the fitness!
IXMVP.

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 4th 2019, 15:11:22

I don't think so. Elders has countries that are bigger than SoF, and lead the war in ANW. We da best netters.

Edited By: DerrickICN on Aug 4th 2019, 15:14:03
See Original Post

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Aug 4th 2019, 15:23:48

Even if you were the best netters you are trying to steal the tag of one of the best pound for pound war tags of that era or perhaps ever. Its a bit weird to pay homage also to a war tag by creating a netting tag in their name...

Thats like Evolution changing name to Illuminati X and not change anything in how they operate...

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 4th 2019, 15:30:14

Lol. You guys still won't tell me what era? Musta been like 2008 ish or something hyper specific.

In any case its probs going to use the acronym GNV. TKS was just a way to abbreviate words. But i do highly doubt they were at all on elders level pound for pound.

My initials are DM. No one accuses me of being a dungeon master tho

Edited By: DerrickICN on Aug 4th 2019, 15:53:44
See Original Post

Red X Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express & Team

Aug 4th 2019, 16:37:56

We are going to tag GNV or at least that is the plan. I dont even remember a tag called the killing Sweds. It's only stealing if you use the same name... if we used tks tag prob would have been Kitchen or Sink or TheSink. You all getting butt hurt over something should just be glad another tag is popping up. More diversity more growth so.ething different in a game that needs some change.

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Aug 4th 2019, 17:09:25

GNV is fine lol. Country building wise TKS were afaik better than any Elders tag i have seen. I dont know about walling but they were on account of being all Swedes very easy to get 100.0% activity on an FS or a CS and all their warchats after that were basically attended by everyone which was a big plus.

I wanna say 2001-2005? Possibly with a break somewhere in there

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 4th 2019, 17:21:57

I went thru the history boards on three sites and my own notes. The following are the only references i can find (all between 2000 and 2001):

LaF was in danger of being beaten in TNW by UCN, so TKS detagged to laf to steal the victory from them.

When the rolling stones split into RA (a tag run by radek) and Stones, RA hit stones for being "traitors." BSS (my 11 member warclan) hit RA in response and "despite TKS support (type of support not listed), RA was tagkilled and BSS only lost 2 countries."

Supported LaF in the ALC war and helped laf to victory against such super amazing wartags as the immortal seawolves and The Sith Empire (rofl)

Supported sky deletez in a server war against omega. TKS all died but sky managed to pull out the victory and farmed restarts to make, at the time, the fattest top finishes.

------

And thats it. No other mention of them anywhere.

So they supported spam tags like Deletez, idiots like Radek and couldnt help them beat a 11 member tag, and cheated UCN out of a tnw win by tagging to laf last minute.

Sweet history. Seems like they were super badass. I officially don't feel bad at all.

Edited By: DerrickICN on Aug 4th 2019, 17:26:12
See Original Post

Savage Game profile

Aug 4th 2019, 17:24:56

Seawolf had a decent run...

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 4th 2019, 17:27:30

Originally posted by Savage:
rofl

Red X Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express & Team

Aug 4th 2019, 17:33:28

Originally posted by DerrickICN:
rofl

You all leave ISW alone

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 4th 2019, 17:35:22

Found another one on MD history boards.

They were fsed by a clan called CCSGN (no name listed. I'm trying to imagine what the hell that could stand for, but I'm lost. Another irrelevant tag i assume). Result of the war was not listed. MD just lists it as a proxy war in MD12. I mean i guess i hope they won, or else this hooplah is pure insanity. It's not that i didnt play then. It's that that clan was irrelevant lol.

Seems like swedish players were fond of their name and location, and laf was fond of them for stealing tnw away from better netters. Thats all the memorable things they did.

Funny thing is TIL was that same year and they arent even listed as participating lol

Edited By: DerrickICN on Aug 4th 2019, 17:43:52
See Original Post

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 4th 2019, 17:48:59

Thanks for the super obscure reference to derail this thread tho. 2 snaps. I enjoy reading the old history.

Savage Game profile

Aug 4th 2019, 17:50:06

Personal relevance and greater relevance can be different things as well. My first alliance was AoD and I have pretty fond memories of it and it’s membership. To those on the outside it’s likely barely a footnote

Red X Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express & Team

Aug 4th 2019, 17:52:39

Thanks for the super obscure reference to derail this thread tho. 2 snaps. I enjoy reading the old history.

Taking to yourself again?

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 4th 2019, 17:54:23

Originally posted by Red X:

Taking to yourself again?

Sometimes i genuinely think it's better than to talk to others here. Call me Zack.

I'm drunk. It's 2pm. Let's break bottles and start a dumpster fire.

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 4th 2019, 18:00:42

Personal relevance and greater relevance can be different things as well. My first alliance was AoD and I have pretty fond memories of it and it’s membership. To those on the outside it’s likely barely a footnote

Same with me and BSS Savage. For sure. We were a small 10 member tag tho and in those days LaF/RD just murdered tags like that. That's why i came back with a chip on my shoulder towards LaF. Was over my little baby 2001 tag haha. Still my favorite tag tho. We had a blast.

Crazydave and budsmybud won't be along to confirm shortly.

We were also an irrelevant tag in the grand scheme of things tho...just like The Killing Swedes apparently.

If i change the name to CCGSN will y'all still freak out? Lol

Edited By: DerrickICN on Aug 4th 2019, 18:02:59
See Original Post

Savage Game profile

Aug 4th 2019, 18:08:28

Lol.. Afaik Hash might be the only remaining AoD member left aside from myself. He could likely confirm that or not, would definitely know better then me.

We did hit 100+ members at one point. Tag protection and pacting weren’t really issues thankfully

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 4th 2019, 18:23:09

There's actually a lot of ICN still around and i think our biggest set was only in the 80s. Kinda funny that so many battered tags had players with extreme longevity.

I do also appreciate that this thread brought out swedish players i havent seen make a post in over a year. They brought the cavalry out haha.

I wonder if more 3 letter acronyms have been used across all tagged servers at this point than are left remaining. Used to be 60+ tags and the games been around 20+ years.

There's only about 20,000 options. I'd be curious to know if we're over half.

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 4th 2019, 18:26:08

For example, i remember ACN, BCN, DCN, FCN, GCN, HCN, ICN, LCN, PCN, RCN, TCN and UCN, and i took 8 years off. Unknown also merged with TCN at one point and formed a non-fingolfin UCN (unknown council of nations & united council of nations), so I'm pretty sure that's been recycled.

Lol

Edited By: DerrickICN on Aug 4th 2019, 18:38:37
See Original Post

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 4th 2019, 19:02:46

Even if TKS was what Gerdler suggests it's only a name the real TKS that he is reminiscing in his mind is the people not the letters that make works and acronyms. Derrick can never change that.

Stryke Game profile

Aug 4th 2019, 22:35:43

LOL wow... someone mentions AoD. That was almost 20 years ago.
SOTA (President/HFA) • Elders • Darkness
http://sota.ghqnet.com

a.k.a. NightShade
Originally posted by kemo:
this dudes either a great troll or a seriously stupid fluff. the kind that takes the pepsi challenge and chooses jiff

Red X Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express & Team

Aug 4th 2019, 23:44:54

Originally posted by Requiem:
Even if TKS was what Gerdler suggests it's only a name the real TKS that he is reminiscing in his mind is the people not the letters that make works and acronyms. Derrick can never change that.

We arent called the killing swedes. They just think of that when they see tks

Hellrush Game profile

Aug 5th 2019, 0:00:19

Sorry will not pact a Suicider like you Derrick. People will be stupid to pact King Suicider Derrick.

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Aug 5th 2019, 0:08:18

This thread is funny.

https://gyazo.com/...b3bb28dddf908cdbcfd162513

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

Red X Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express & Team

Aug 5th 2019, 0:15:31

Originally posted by galleri:
This thread is funny.

💯💯💯
100%

ddd Game profile

Aug 5th 2019, 0:19:17

lol @hellrush the REAL suicider in all servers every set!

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Aug 5th 2019, 0:28:15

Originally posted by ddd:

Sometimes it is just best to ignore certain people.

https://gyazo.com/...b3bb28dddf908cdbcfd162513

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

Son Goku Game profile

Aug 5th 2019, 0:29:09

GNV was a tag as well, unless some of you were there as well.

Red X Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express & Team

Aug 5th 2019, 1:26:16

Originally posted by Son Goku:

I was VP there for a bit while anoniem was president.

sinistril Game profile

Aug 5th 2019, 1:44:52

Originally posted by Gerdler:
Even if you were the best netters you are trying to steal the tag of one of the best pound for pound war tags of that era or perhaps ever. Its a bit weird to pay homage also to a war tag by creating a netting tag in their name...

Thats like Evolution changing name to Illuminati X and not change anything in how they operate...

How's it paying homage to a tag they've never heard of? Lol

Also bad example this time. An acronym is not the same as a name, first of all. And it's more like jersey numbers on a hockey team. There are a limited number, they are bound to get reused eventually, and only numbers worth remembering are permanently retired.

Edited By: sinistril on Aug 5th 2019, 1:47:31
If you give a man some fire, he'll be warm for awhile. If you set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 5th 2019, 2:04:51

Originally posted by Red X:
Originally posted by Son Goku:

I was VP there for a bit while anoniem was president.
Yeah. The GNV reference is an actual throwback reference involving leaders of the current and old GNV.

Originally posted by sinistril:
Originally posted by Gerdler:

How's it paying homage to a tag they've never heard of? Lol

Also bad example this time. An acronym is not the same as a name, first of all. And it's more like jersey numbers on a hockey team. There are a limited number, they are bound to get reused eventually, and only numbers worth remembering are permanently retired.
I seriously just want to name it the killing swedes now just to see if Greta Garbo comes back from the dead to say that's a 20 year old irrelevant acronym for a clan that didn't matter. Lol

Hellrush Game profile

Aug 5th 2019, 2:23:13

Originally posted by ddd:

I am not a Suicider retard Suicider Derrick got the fulse idea in everyones heads. I will never suicide I'll just b*tch slap bullies that try to push me around. In no means this makes me a Suicider.

Derrick is a Suicider

EVO are bullies.

If you don't like how I stand up for myself to fluffing bad I am in my right to stand up to bullies.

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 5th 2019, 4:46:06

Man I've had fanboys before but they've rarely named tags after me. All hail xDSx!!!!! (Not to be confused with Dumbass Swedes, a very famous and renown tag)

This is the cutest piece of trash since wicked named me Puff Boy. Love ya hellrush. I'll be sure to give you my country number next set too so you can kill me again lol

UgolinoII Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 5th 2019, 10:47:33

For example, i remember ACN, BCN, DCN, FCN, GCN, HCN, ICN, LCN, PCN, RCN, TCN and UCN, and i took 8 years off. Unknown also merged with TCN at one point and formed a non-fingolfin UCN (unknown council of nations & united council of nations), so I'm pretty sure that's been recycled.

Lol

Your list is wrong, LCN should be 11th.

Boltar Game profile

Aug 5th 2019, 12:13:51

As a former Soler. Sol claims moral victory

archaic Game profile

Aug 5th 2019, 12:51:38

The number of times Derrick has double posted in his own thread is nothing short of awe inspiring. He's like the shotgun in DOOM that gives both barrels every time you pull the trigger.

Cheating Mod Hall of Shame: Dark Morbid, Turtle Crawler, Sov

H4xOr WaNgEr Game profile

Forum Moderator

Aug 5th 2019, 13:20:38

I went thru the history boards on three sites and my own notes. The following are the only references i can find (all between 2000 and 2001):

LaF was in danger of being beaten in TNW by UCN, so TKS detagged to laf to steal the victory from them.

When the rolling stones split into RA (a tag run by radek) and Stones, RA hit stones for being "traitors." BSS (my 11 member warclan) hit RA in response and "despite TKS support (type of support not listed), RA was tagkilled and BSS only lost 2 countries."

Supported LaF in the ALC war and helped laf to victory against such super amazing wartags as the immortal seawolves and The Sith Empire (rofl)

Supported sky deletez in a server war against omega. TKS all died but sky managed to pull out the victory and farmed restarts to make, at the time, the fattest top finishes.

------

And thats it. No other mention of them anywhere.

So they supported spam tags like Deletez, idiots like Radek and couldnt help them beat a 11 member tag, and cheated UCN out of a tnw win by tagging to laf last minute.

Sweet history. Seems like they were super badass. I officially don't feel bad at all.

They merged with laf, I was involved in that deal. They had been around for a while at that point and had been a small but fairly respected tag.