Verified:

BladeEWG Game profile

Jul 5th 2015, 12:13:57

And now this race car driver , Bubba something, has one of the general lees.
He paid 120k for it and now plans to paint over the confederate flag and put an American flag on the roof instead.
Smart move, kiss away the 120k.
And enjoy your " just another old car with a flag"
Some people just don't think. They only made 6 General Lees. Might be better to just torch it and get the insurence Bubba!

mdevol Game profile

Jul 5th 2015, 21:08:23

Wow you guys are dense.

While slavery played a part in the civil war, it wasn't the CAUSE of the war. Freeing the slaves/ending slavery wasn't even on the table until midway through the war.

It was economic warfare. The north processed the goods and sold them to the south and the reason the north was pissed was because the south was producing all of the goods cheap (slavery) and selling it outside of the country instead of to the north, whom they were fighting with econimically and politically.

The north then placed tariff and taxes on the goods to prevent the south from sending out of the country and the war started in protest of that. A states rights and freedom issue. NOT the ability to own slaves.
Surely what a man does when he is caught off his guard is the best evidence as to what sort of man he is. - C.S. Lewis

braden Game profile

Jul 5th 2015, 21:16:41

Originally posted by Trife:
keep arguing it's about heritage and pride, ya yokels

i mean, fluff, even nascar recognizes what the flag stands for and distances itself from it hahaha

it is a privately owned business- as private citizens they can do as they please. nascar being allowed to decide, and not the federal government forcing them in a decision, this is what.. the flag.. and the war both represent.. no.. ?

mrford Game profile

Jul 5th 2015, 21:36:14

Originally posted by BladeEWG:
He paid 120k for it and now plans to paint over the confederate flag and put an American flag on the roof instead.
Some people just don't think. They only made 6 General Lees. Might be better to just torch it and get the insurence Bubba!

He is a golfer flufftard. 2 time masters champion.

If you are too stupid to get a detail like that correct, I'm not too sure your opinions are very valuable.

Edited By: mrford on Jul 5th 2015, 21:39:07
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

ssewellusmc

Jul 5th 2015, 21:44:00

Originally posted by mdevol:
Wow you guys are dense.

While slavery played a part in the civil war, it wasn't the CAUSE of the war. Freeing the slaves/ending slavery wasn't even on the table until midway through the war.

It was economic warfare. The north processed the goods and sold them to the south and the reason the north was pissed was because the south was producing all of the goods cheap (slavery) and selling it outside of the country instead of to the north, whom they were fighting with econimically and politically.

The north then placed tariff and taxes on the goods to prevent the south from sending out of the country and the war started in protest of that. A states rights and freedom issue. NOT the ability to own slaves.

But...but...but.... this was the talking points fed to them? How could the talking points be wrong?

We should mine their brains. Obviously, their grey matter is denser than iron and diamond.

braden Game profile

Jul 5th 2015, 22:35:52

as a marine, should you not be busy giving territory to mooslims.. ?

ssewellusmc

Jul 5th 2015, 23:25:03

I've been out for years. We were only giving them land 6ft below.

BladeEWG Game profile

Jul 5th 2015, 23:35:25

Originally posted by mrford:

If you are too stupid to get a detail like that correct, I'm not too sure your opinions are very valuable.

Who friggin watches golf?
I stopped with the bio at Bubba and assumed he was a race car driver.
Just like I assumed you were only half a jackass. That's for setting me straight that you are indeed a full jackass.😎

braden Game profile

Jul 5th 2015, 23:40:45

silly me, i thought ya'll were marines for life.

do you want to hold hands, scott? please?

Cerberus Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 5th 2015, 23:44:15

Originally posted by braden:

LOL Now that's a snappy comeback, Braden. :)

You need to ride a little gentler on my Sea-going Bellhop Buddy there. He's not trained to think, only to act and follow orders.

I don't need anger management, people need to stop pissing me off!

mrford Game profile

Jul 6th 2015, 0:38:56

Originally posted by mrford:

Who friggin watches golf?
I stopped with the bio at Bubba and assumed he was a race car driver.
Just like I assumed you were only half a jackass. That's for setting me straight that you are indeed a full jackass.😎

You basically just echoed what I said. Couldn't have said it better myself.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

ssewellusmc

Jul 6th 2015, 2:23:14

Originally posted by Cerberus:

You need to ride a little gentler on my Sea-going Bellhop Buddy there. He's not trained to think, only to act and follow orders.

You can rejoin the service... they let gay people serve now!

braden Game profile

Jul 6th 2015, 2:46:59

he ignores my winning, of course !

ssewellusmc

Jul 6th 2015, 3:27:44

Doesn't mean I still destroy the enemies of the United States on a daily basis anymore either, but logic and common sense has escaped you long ago.

braden Game profile

Jul 6th 2015, 3:54:32

as granmur dun has u sun. ?

braden Game profile

Jul 6th 2015, 3:55:15

i dun win 'gain.

mFrost Game profile

Jul 6th 2015, 6:58:23

omg... going thru these comments was just painful ...

this PC bullfluff needs to seriously go away,

I understand people getting upset when the Mexican flag is flown higher than the American flag over a city hall in Cali. When school kids are told to wear their t-shirts depicting the American flag inside out, because it offends Mexican students on the cinco de mayo.

In general I do not care if someone is flying a flag of their choice to represent their heritage. I do have an issue when people are told they cannot fly the American Flag. When city hall decides another flag should be flown above the American flag, I try to remember exactly when said country won the war to claim this privilege.

As for the confederate flag, I see it very much like someone flying a flag from their home country or state flag. Considering the political BS the south has gone thru over the past 100+ years I would say letting them fly the confederate flag is the least of our worries. Pulling it down just adds fuel to the flames, it is a symbol of remembrance. Bury it if you must, but then it just goes underground where it is so much more dangerous. Tell people they are not free to express themselves as they wish. They will form secret groups where they will express themselves away from those who would take their rights away. Given the right circumstances these groups have a tendency of seizing power, especially if conditions become oppressive.

The General Lee, represented the ability to stay one step ahead of the law. Economically depressing entire regions of a country, will lead to people doing what they have to do, to put food on the table. Some turn to what they know, others do it out of tradition, or environmental culture. From this perspective the confederate flag was a symbol for not recognizing imposed authority. It is imposed until a mutual respect of some sort is reached. Further transgressions is definitely not a way of achieving this mutual respect ;)

Whatever happened to being pragmatic and using a bit of common sense. what is next GI Joe because it represents the the violence of the American military ??? After all it is a much too positive and patriotic image of America, and Americans need to be ashamed of being American... It is the only PC thing to do...

mFrost

BladeEWG Game profile

Jul 7th 2015, 1:01:55

On vacation, and of course we have to go into town and go to all "the little shops".
Another key to a happy marriage I know.
But we go into this store that has Indian art and hobby stuff , like rock collecting ,rockets and a section of car models.
There it is!! The Dukes of Hazzard model.
Has the cast of the show on the cover and shows the car airborne with the name General Lee on the roof edge.
Look on the back shows the car again with General Lee but NO flag on the roof.
Too bad
Thought I found an old one that would be collectable but no, I found a PC version already.

elvesrus

Jul 7th 2015, 1:21:12

Originally posted by ssewellusmc:

Doesn't mean I still destroy the enemies of the United States on a daily basis anymore either, but logic and common sense has escaped you long ago.

so why is the government still intact?
Originally posted by crest23:
Elves is a douche on every server.

braden Game profile

Jul 7th 2015, 1:28:47

hobby stuff , like rock collecting ,

archaic just got hard.

Trife Game profile

Jul 7th 2015, 15:30:43

hobby stuff , like rock collecting ,

archaic just got hard.

yup, he's at about a 9 on the mohs scale

braden Game profile

Jul 7th 2015, 17:07:29

nicely done, sir.

Trife Game profile

Jul 7th 2015, 17:08:26

i'm not your sir, bud.

Schilling Game profile

Jul 7th 2015, 17:09:27

Originally posted by Cerberus:

United States Marine Corps, [The Men's] Department of the Navy. ;)

braden Game profile

Jul 7th 2015, 17:24:37

Originally posted by Trife:
i'm not your sir, bud.

words hurt.

blid

EE Patron

Jul 7th 2015, 20:08:36

Originally posted by TAN:
That's a goddamn commie lie and you know it. History revisionists try to justify the civil war by saying it was actually about State Rights vs Federal Rights, which is completely false. It was primarily about the institution of slavery. In a very simplistic nutshell, they were pissed that northern states refused to abide by the Slave Fugitive Act and when Lincoln got elected, despite his pledge to not interfere, they shat bricks.

Don't attempt to whitewash history and paint General Lee as some sort of States' Rights patriot. He was a fluffing traitor. What other country in the world flies the flags of the losing side?

Real Americans fly the Stars and Stripes, not the Stars and Bars.
This, is actually, true.
Originally posted by Mr. Titanium:
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

ericownsyou5 Game profile

Jul 7th 2015, 20:39:31

bonus

Atryn Game profile

Jul 7th 2015, 21:48:59

Originally posted by ZDH:
The American dream died when the Union won the war. Because the Republic was killed. We are dealing with the same bullfluff as we where when the British controlled the colonies.

States rights died and a centralized government of corruption was formed. The whole point of a Republic is to spread the power of control into more hands.

Centralized Federal government puts power in fewer hands and therefore breads more corruption that is a fact we've learned in this country and every form of government over history.

And slavery hasn't gone anywhere the USA still profits from it to this day...

Anarchy!!!!

Atryn Game profile

Jul 7th 2015, 22:23:31

http://www.civilwar.org/.../declarationofcauses.html

The Declaration of Causes of Seceding States
Primary Sources

Georgia:

The people of Georgia having dissolved their political connection with the Government of the United States of America, present to their confederates and the world the causes which have led to the separation. For the last ten years we have had numerous and serious causes of complaint against our non-slave-holding confederate States with reference to the subject of African slavery. They have endeavored to weaken our security, to disturb our domestic peace and tranquility, and persistently refused to comply with their express constitutional obligations to us in reference to that property....

A brief history of the rise, progress, and policy of anti-slavery and the political organization into whose hands the administration of the Federal Government has been committed will fully justify the pronounced verdict of the people of Georgia. The party of Lincoln, called the Republican party, under its present name and organization, is of recent origin. It is admitted to be an anti-slavery party. While it attracts to itself by its creed the scattered advocates of exploded political heresies, of condemned theories in political economy, the advocates of commercial restrictions, of protection, of special privileges, of waste and corruption in the administration of Government, anti-slavery is its mission and its purpose. By anti-slavery it is made a power in the state. The question of slavery was the great difficulty in the way of the formation of the Constitution.

The prohibition of slavery in the Territories is the cardinal principle of this organization.

There is lots more from GA's statement, but let's add this:

...know the value of parchment rights in treacherous hands, and therefore they refuse to commit their own to the rulers whom the North offers us. Why? Because by their declared principles and policy they have outlawed $3,000,000,000 of our property in the common territories of the Union...

They are referring, of course, to the "value" of their slaves.

More states to follow...

Atryn Game profile

Jul 7th 2015, 22:24:04

Primary Sources

Mississippi (even better):

Our position is thoroughly identified with the institution of slavery-- the greatest material interest of the world. Its labor supplies the product which constitutes by far the largest and most important portions of commerce of the earth. These products are peculiar to the climate verging on the tropical regions, and by an imperious law of nature, none but the black race can bear exposure to the tropical sun. These products have become necessities of the world, and a blow at slavery is a blow at commerce and civilization.

...it denies the right of property in slaves, and refuses protection to that right on the high seas, in the Territories, and wherever the government of the United States had jurisdiction.

It refuses the admission of new slave States into the Union, and seeks to extinguish it by confining it within its present limits, denying the power of expansion.

...It has nullified the Fugitive Slave Law in almost every free State in the Union

...It advocates negro equality, socially and politically....

...It has made combinations and formed associations to carry out its schemes of emancipation in the States and wherever else slavery exists....

...Utter subjugation awaits us in the Union, if we should consent longer to remain in it. It is not a matter of choice, but of necessity. We must either submit to degradation, and to the loss of property worth four billions of money, or we must secede from the Union framed by our fathers, to secure this as well as every other species of property. For far less cause than this, our fathers separated from the Crown of England....

Again, the reference to the $4B value of the "slaves" which the North had the audacity to advocate for equality for...

More states to follow...

Atryn Game profile

Jul 7th 2015, 22:24:38

Primary Sources

South Carolina:

...The Constitution of the United States, in its fourth Article, provides as follows: "No person held to service or labor in one State, under the laws thereof, escaping into another, shall, in consequence of any law or regulation therein, be discharged from such service or labor, but shall be delivered up, on claim of the party to whom such service or labor may be due."

This stipulation was so material to the compact, that without it that compact would not have been made. The greater number of the contracting parties held slaves, and they had previously evinced their estimate of the value of such a stipulation by making it a condition in the Ordinance for the government of the territory ceded by Virginia, which now composes the States north of the Ohio River.

The same article of the Constitution stipulates also for rendition by the several States of fugitives from justice from the other States.

(the above reference to "fugitives from justice" is, of course, escaped slaves.)

The right of property in slaves was recognized by giving to free persons distinct political rights, by giving them the right to represent, and burdening them with direct taxes for three-fifths of their slaves; by authorizing the importation of slaves for twenty years; and by stipulating for the rendition of fugitives from labor.

We affirm that these ends for which this Government was instituted have been defeated, and the Government itself has been made destructive of them by the action of the non-slaveholding States. Those States have assume the right of deciding upon the propriety of our domestic institutions; and have denied the rights of property established in fifteen of the States and recognized by the Constitution; they have denounced as sinful the institution of slavery; they have permitted open establishment among them of societies, whose avowed object is to disturb the peace and to eloign the property of the citizens of other States. They have encouraged and assisted thousands of our slaves to leave their homes; and those who remain, have been incited by emissaries, books and pictures to servile insurrection.

One more state to follow...

Atryn Game profile

Jul 7th 2015, 22:24:58

Primary Sources

Texas:

Texas abandoned her separate national existence and consented to become one of the Confederated Union to promote her welfare, insure domestic tranquility and secure more substantially the blessings of peace and liberty to her people. She was received into the confederacy with her own constitution, under the guarantee of the federal constitution and the compact of annexation, that she should enjoy these blessings. She was received as a commonwealth holding, maintaining and protecting the institution known as negro slavery-- the servitude of the African to the white race within her limits-- a relation that had existed from the first settlement of her wilderness by the white race, and which her people intended should exist in all future time. Her institutions and geographical position established the strongest ties between her and other slave-holding States of the confederacy. Those ties have been strengthened by association. But what has been the course of the government of the United States, and of the people and authorities of the non-slave-holding States, since our connection with them?

When we advert to the course of individual non-slave-holding States, and that a majority of their citizens, our grievances assume far greater magnitude.

The States of Maine, Vermont, New Hampshire, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Massachusetts, New York, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Wisconsin, Michigan and Iowa, by solemn legislative enactments, have deliberately, directly or indirectly violated the 3rd clause of the 2nd section of the 4th article [the fugitive slave clause] of the federal constitution, and laws passed in pursuance thereof; thereby annulling a material provision of the compact, designed by its framers to perpetuate the amity between the members of the confederacy and to secure the rights of the slave-holding States in their domestic institutions-- a provision founded in justice and wisdom, and without the enforcement of which the compact fails to accomplish the object of its creation. Some of those States have imposed high fines and degrading penalties upon any of their citizens or officers who may carry out in good faith that provision of the compact, or the federal laws enacted in accordance therewith.....

...based upon an unnatural feeling of hostility to these Southern States and their beneficent and patriarchal system of African slavery, proclaiming the debasing doctrine of equality of all men, irrespective of race or color-- a doctrine at war with nature, in opposition to the experience of mankind, and in violation of the plainest revelations of Divine Law. They demand the abolition of negro slavery throughout the confederacy, the recognition of political equality between the white and negro races, and avow their determination to press on their crusade against us, so long as a negro slave remains in these States.

They have proclaimed, and at the ballot box sustained, the revolutionary doctrine that there is a 'higher law' than the constitution and laws of our Federal Union, and virtually that they will disregard their oaths and trample upon our rights.

They have for years past encouraged and sustained lawless organizations to steal our slaves and prevent their recapture, and have repeatedly murdered Southern citizens while lawfully seeking their rendition.

We hold as undeniable truths that the governments of the various States, and of the confederacy itself, were established exclusively by the white race, for themselves and their posterity; that the African race had no agency in their establishment; that they were rightfully held and regarded as an inferior and dependent race, and in that condition only could their existence in this country be rendered beneficial or tolerable.

That in this free government *all white men are and of right ought to be entitled to equal civil and political rights* [emphasis in the original]; that the servitude of the African race, as existing in these States, is mutually beneficial to both bond and free, and is abundantly authorized and justified by the experience of mankind, and the revealed will of the Almighty Creator, as recognized by all Christian nations; while the destruction of the existing relations between the two races, as advocated by our sectional enemies, would bring inevitable calamities upon both and desolation upon the fifteen slave-holding states.

Atryn Game profile

Jul 7th 2015, 22:28:14

So, with regard to all of the above.... yeah, sure, slavery had nothing to do with it.... LOL...

Yes, there were MANY economic issues under disagreement. But virtually ALL of those unjust economic treatments of "slave-holding Southern states" were done by a party from (mostly) the north that gained power and specifically acted to disadvantage these slave-holding states ON THE BASIS that they were slave-holders.

The party that was treating these southern states unfairly was doing so BECAUSE it was an anti-slavery party.

In the Texas statements, you specifically see this where they cite that the Federal Government was unwilling to defend them against Mexico and Indians because they were a slave-holding state.

The party in the North tried to force the southern states to abolish slavery through economic and legislative means. Yes, wholly unfair. But the core issue WAS slavery. Denying that is idiotic in the face of the primary source documents from the time.

Heston Game profile

Jul 7th 2015, 22:47:40

tldr
❤️️Nothing but❤️️💯❤️️❤️️🌺🌸🌹❤️❤️💯

TAN Game profile

Jul 7th 2015, 22:56:01

tl;dr: The Civil War was exactly about slavery, as per the admission of the Southern states in their own secession declarations.
FREEEEEDOM!!!

BladeEWG Game profile

Jul 7th 2015, 23:22:51

Originally posted by TAN:
tl;dr: The Civil War was exactly about slavery, as per the admission of the Southern states in their own secession declarations.

+1

Cerberus Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 8th 2015, 12:39:58

Hey, KoHeartsGPA, you've been laughed at by the chief Libtard in this community. Trife.
I don't need anger management, people need to stop pissing me off!