Verified:

Son Goku Game profile

May 2nd 2012, 16:28:57

Update from LaF

Effective immediately, Hanlong and TC have been removed from LaF.

We're in the process of granting an EE admin access to our site to further show our transparency and lack of complicity in this matter.

We in no way condone the actions of either party and we're working towards moving forward. I don't expect any alliances who were wronged in this matter to feel any better by this announcement. I realize it will take time and good gestures to start mending relations. We're aware you're looking to organize a group of alliances to hit us over these events and we're not going to try to drag any other innocent parties into the war to deal with what we brought upon ourselves.

Effective immediately I'm extending SOL a ceasefire as a gesture of good will to end our current war, once again, I realize this is only a marginal effort and I understand and empathize with how you feel. I left this game in 2006 over cheating and I won't let anything of the sort happen under my watch.

If any admins have anymore information about any involved parties I ask you bring it to my attention immediately so it can be dealt with.

I personally apologize for any wrong doing and any negative effects these actions have had on your alliance.

I recognize we have a long road ahead of us and we plan on earning your trust and your respect once again.

Thank you

Son Goku
Don of La Famiglia

Edited By: Son Goku on May 2nd 2012, 16:38:05
See Original Post

Atryn Game profile

May 2nd 2012, 16:32:05

Long road ahead, good first step.

Hyperion Game profile

May 2nd 2012, 16:35:17

Hope it all works out for you guys in the end. Great to see some progress on your part.

Good luck to you guys.

Servant Game profile

EE Patron

May 2nd 2012, 16:47:56

Agreed. Good start.

1. Completely removing access for HL and TC was absolutely necessary.
2. Giving an admin access, and allowing a completely open investigation is very good step also.

3. the ceasefire with SOL is a classy gesture...it'll probably be rejected but its a classy gesture.

Son Goku,
ALl we can do now is wait and see what results are found. That will take time.
My hope is the lynching parties will wait until after the investigation....and to see what type of actions you will take based on the results.

Though I doubt it.
Z is #1

Academus Game profile

May 2nd 2012, 16:49:51

Good Post SG.

Its a start.

Academus MD

lostmonk Game profile

May 2nd 2012, 17:09:03

Originally posted by Son Goku:
I realize it will take time and good gestures to start mending relations.

I applaud this post, and the spirit it is made in. Perhaps you should try explaining your reasoning on the above quote to some of your members that are posting rabidly on AT like almost nothing happened.
Done.

LadyGrizz Game profile

May 2nd 2012, 17:09:04

Much success to you Son Goku, you have a lot of hard work ahead of you because of 2 people's mistakes (maybe more, only time will tell)

TAN Game profile

May 2nd 2012, 17:14:11

According to accusations lodged against LaF by Arsenal, it is suspected that there may be multiple people complicit in this, not just Hanlong and TC. What are your plans for investigating them? Does the accusation hold any merit, or did MD just have a fluffty time stocking that set?
FREEEEEDOM!!!

gibzgirl Game profile

May 2nd 2012, 17:14:35

Originally posted by Son Goku:
We're aware you're looking to organize a group of alliances to hit us over these events and we're not going to try to drag any other innocent parties into the war to deal with what we brought upon ourselves.

I'd think you have enough internal issues to worry about than to worry about what others are doing at the moment... Just saying, kinda looks bad after your leaders are busted for cheating and accessing information they had no right to -- for you to say you are aware of what others are doing....

On another note I applaud you for stepping up and facing the masses, and hopefully your alliance will eventually regain the trust and respect of others.

TheORKINMan Game profile

May 2nd 2012, 17:23:20

As an ardent critic of LaF for a long time I like what I'm reading here. The only thing I will say is make sure TC and hanlong are banned for life and do not weasel their way back into LaF like TC has done once already after getting exposed.
Smarter than your average bear.

Rekuyu947

May 2nd 2012, 17:25:46

And hopefully we get to war you ALL. Sorry SG but you can spank me later i have to post this.

Given the position if you do decide to forgive us good on your part it shows your first step into adulthood.

But if you decide to war us come with your game face on b/c we wont slack just b/c you think we are weakened by this event.

We will come at you strong hard and fast and make sure you never forget that LaF is still one of the best alliances on the server and we will kill anyone who threatens our place in this game.

My fellow LaF buddies may get mad at me posting this but a KSFer never runs from a fight and i will hold that gate closed for my alliance.

As always ive been a nice enough player, have fun and good luck with future indeavors.

Raven Game profile

May 2nd 2012, 17:32:31

Good luck LaF.

Rekuyu947

May 2nd 2012, 17:34:35

Thank you :D.

Ravi Game profile

May 2nd 2012, 17:35:28

"Given the position if you do decide to forgive us good on your part it shows your first step into adulthood"

That's funny on so many levels.

Son Goku Game profile

May 2nd 2012, 17:36:02

Originally posted by TAN:
According to accusations lodged against LaF by Arsenal, it is suspected that there may be multiple people complicit in this, not just Hanlong and TC. What are your plans for investigating them? Does the accusation hold any merit, or did MD just have a fluffty time stocking that set?

I personally monitored every techer country on a daily basis, I've asked the admins to find any signs of cheating. I haven't heard anything so far and anything outside of Hanlong/TC will be dealt with in the same fashion, although I highly doubt there's anything else.

I for one know it was entirely possible to be the size that we were, since I did it myself and I got off to a rough start grabbing.

lostmonk Game profile

May 2nd 2012, 17:37:20

Originally posted by Rekuyu947:

We will come at you strong hard and fast and make sure you never forget that LaF is still one of the best alliances on the server and we will kill anyone who threatens our place in this game.

So is this a death sentence on TC and hlw?
Done.

pele Game profile

May 2nd 2012, 17:37:37

Al of laf shouldnt have to suffer (but i of course feel sorry for those who sufferd like EVO and sol)
Good luck Son Goku

Rekuyu947

May 2nd 2012, 17:37:38

:D well Ravi i have to make some fun bits :D.

Ivan Game profile

May 2nd 2012, 17:39:43

someone posted in that other thread that MD was mostly farmers and that laf was mostly techers based on that its not really suprising that laf had bigger countries in an early war but i wasnt in that war so cant really confirm if that was the case or not

Pride Game profile

May 2nd 2012, 17:40:03

Good luck

Xinhuan Game profile

May 2nd 2012, 17:42:26

TAN: We are allowing EE admins to investigate on the LaF site if there are any other further wrongdoings. Many of us monitor each other's country over the first 2-3 weeks of a reset, and give advice to newer members, and we would have noticed if anyone was illegitimately given any goodies they should not have - or if our own countries magically had extra goodies it should not have. A few members even post the exact amount of cash they expect to have after each day's logout goods sale.

We firmly believe MD just had "a fluffty time stocking that set", as you put it, and we were able to jump to higher NW first on cheaper military, tech and goods with ill-gotten advance notice. We devise a new "first 400 turn" startup every reset based on how soon we think we will enter war. Many of our members are indignant at being called a cheater because of the shadow cast by Hanlong and TC, and you have no doubt witness some outbursts on AT already.

TGD Game profile

May 2nd 2012, 17:56:23

The problem is, you guys have knowledge, deep, powerful knowledge that everyone cried and fluffed to the admins about that they had, while at the time playing in alliances.

Who really cares about how good your countries where, you all had first hand knowledge, knowledge of every country in EE, you had knowledge when everyone was online, in every alliance. Knowledge is far more powerful than the most resourceful country. Everyone of your members benefited from YOUR TOP leader's decisions. You guys know when EVERY MDer was online, what EVERY ONE of their countries had in military, hell they probably knew if MD was going to net or war that set from their illegal access.

Stop trying to say "your members are innocent" sorry, they are not. You all put Hanlong and TC in positions in power, you all went along with everything he said without knowing how he had some sort of God like intuition. He would of had to of had some high level spies to get all the information he had, and none of you used common sense.

If everyone gains mutually off someone else's illegal gains, regardless if they know they were illegal, they are still complicit.

Look at President Nixon, he got caught in Watergate, and for decades his presidency was stated as one of the worst in American history. He tarnished his presidency, and Ford's when Ford pardoned him of all crimes.

if you are all so damn great, prove it, hell I say give EVERY alliance leader access to your forums, what your leaders did was Illegal in American law. They had access to personal REAL LIFE information. Names, addresses, phone #'s E-mail addresses. If you guys want to clear yourself, you have to go way beyond normal standards. But yet, if you think small tokens will be enough, then stay in your delusional world. Yes you are giving I believe 3 people access to your forums, but, for the EE community, that will not be enough, they will have NO WAY of knowing what went on, and now way of trusting you. IF you do not care about other alliances trusting you, then also, stay in your delusional world. But If I am in some way harmed, in RL, I will be very unhappy.

Hell I do not know who either of those 2 are. They could of taken pictures of every screen, of everyone's personal information for their own personal, illegal use, I do not know that, and you guys do not know that. If you do know that, then that is another far more serious problem.

Personally, if someone is harmed in real life because of those 2, Goku will have a lot more to worry about then your alliance and it will further put stress on Pang having to deal with Attorney Generals of 2 states and a criminal or civil investigation.

my 10 cents on this rather pathetic incident

Edited By: TGD on May 2nd 2012, 18:08:03
See Original Post

Xinhuan Game profile

May 2nd 2012, 18:04:52

TGD: We are not denying we had an ill-gotten advantage. I am indeed saying we had one.

Jiman Game profile

May 2nd 2012, 18:08:28

mmm

TGD Game profile

May 2nd 2012, 18:12:17

And once again, if they took pictures of personal information, then you guys have a lot more to worry about then a game. That is a criminal offense in American law.

And also once again, stop saying your members are innocent, they are not, sorry, your put those 2 in power, you used their information, LaF gave information, it looks like to SoF to war PDM, you had first hand knowledge of everything about MD and anyone else you warred. Everyone participated, from your top leader on down. Once again, you want this to go away, go far above and beyond. Because I do not like the idea that any of my personal information could be in someone else's hands

I was around to get botted and destroyed set after set by the old RD and this goes far beyond anything they ever did.

NukEvil Game profile

May 2nd 2012, 18:18:17

Something else to think about:

If TC and/or hanlong used computers at wherever they work to facilitate the hacking/cheating, then their employers probably could be held liable for it. And then they could lose their jobs as well. That has happened in Earth:2025 at least one time before.
I am a troll. Everything I say must be assumed to be said solely to provoke an exaggerated reaction to the current topic. I fully intend to bring absolutely no substance to any discussion, ongoing or otherwise. Conversing with me is pointless.

Killa Game profile

May 2nd 2012, 18:20:08

Ronnie/fin?
+Killa

Helmet Game profile

May 2nd 2012, 18:23:11

Yes, and that was awesome. :)

TGD Game profile

May 2nd 2012, 18:24:49

Agreed, what they did goes beyond cheating, hacking is a criminal offense, and then they had access to very personal information, yes they do not have SS #'s but they had access to everything else.

And everyone wonders why Pang wants to take a break. If you were admin, would any of you want to deal with 2 State AG's? a lengthy criminal or civil case?

Goku, you better make sure nobody else is involved, because if those 2 do have personal information and do something with it, you then have the US government involved and they have more at their disposal than Pang. Just something to think about

Deerhunter Game profile

May 2nd 2012, 19:19:40

Not much to worry about from the US gov. They seem to be botching EVERYTHING up lately.
Ya, tho i walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I shall fear no retals,
Cause i have the biggest, baddest, and toughest country in the valley!

locket Game profile

May 2nd 2012, 19:24:56

Arsenal is a moron. I put little effort into my country each set and every war I have been in recently my country has been better than any of our enemies. Just because Laf runs good countries does not mean we all cheat.

tduong Game profile

May 2nd 2012, 19:27:18

lol if this case was to be filed, it would be on the bottom of the stack for a while

Originally posted by blid:
I haven't had a wrong opinion in years

H4xOr WaNgEr Game profile

Forum Moderator

May 2nd 2012, 19:28:43

We simply did a lot of the little things right that MD neglected, for example we ran a lot of grabbing techers (which leads to large countries) where as they ran very few. We ordered everyone to stock up all their oil over a week in advance, while oil was still cheap, MD did not. over 72 hours before the time we thought MD's FS was coming we ordered our members to start jumping because military prices were going to be much higher on the actual FS day, MD did not... etc.

Last I checked these things are not cheating. I was one of the 20 countries bigger than MD's biggest country and all I can say is

a) I didn't cheat
b) my country wasn't even that great.

Thus... I don't find that line of argument to hold any water.

Forum Moderator

May 2nd 2012, 19:29:41

However I do agree that laf benefited from having intel that we recieved illegitimately, and thus were able to plan more effectively due to it. However that in no way relates to the legitimacy of the any given member's specific country.

mazooka Game profile

May 2nd 2012, 19:32:38

Originally posted by H4xOr WaNgEr:
However I do agree that laf benefited from having intel that we recieved illegitimately, and thus were able to plan more effectively due to it. However that in no way relates to the legitimacy of the any given member's specific country.

*boggles*
you knew about it too didnt you?

aqua Game profile

May 2nd 2012, 19:50:33

Where in that post does H4 states he knew about it. H4 even said himself he always questioned hlw how he was getting his sources.

TGD Game profile

May 2nd 2012, 19:57:28

so having information, information that will direct you on HOW to create all your countries, what direction to take them, and what to build and buy, does not effect the legitimacy of your countries?

Once again, you want to put this to rest, give every alliance president access to your forums for a set, untill then all the information played directly into how well your countries were run. You guys are landgrabbers, knowing what the break is 100% of the time really helps.

You all benefited from that information, so you all cheated *shrugs*

Edited By: TGD on May 2nd 2012, 20:01:01
See Original Post

Dibs Ludicrous Game profile

May 2nd 2012, 19:59:11

Originally posted by TGD:
Agreed, what they did goes beyond cheating, hacking is a criminal offense, and then they had access to very personal information, yes they do not have SS #'s but they had access to everything else.

And everyone wonders why Pang wants to take a break. If you were admin, would any of you want to deal with 2 State AG's? a lengthy criminal or civil case?

Goku, you better make sure nobody else is involved, because if those 2 do have personal information and do something with it, you then have the US government involved and they have more at their disposal than Pang. Just something to think about

i'm not sure that any hacking was done. sounds more like the database just wasn't secured properly and could be accessed directly instead of through the proper interfaces.
There are no messages in your Inbox.
Elvis has left the building.

mazooka Game profile

May 2nd 2012, 20:00:24

i'm asking because that post seems odd. read the first sentence. then read the second. they dont seem to go together.

i knew something was up with hanlong. now h4 follows the same logic as him. instead of just assuming im asking point blank if he was in on it.

hawkeyee Game profile

May 2nd 2012, 20:01:13

For what it's worth, the rest of you guys have my full support going forward. Good luck.

Edited By: hawkeyee on May 2nd 2012, 20:19:24
See Original Post
Minister
The Omega
Omega Retal Policy/Contacts: http://tinyurl.com/owpvakm (Earth Wiki)
Apply: http://tinyurl.com/mydc8by (Boxcar)

Hardy Game profile

May 2nd 2012, 20:01:46

OMG TC IS MEHUL I KNEW IT

Pride Game profile

May 2nd 2012, 20:08:51

We simply did a lot of the little things right that MD neglected, for example we ran a lot of grabbing techers (which leads to large countries) where as they ran very few. We ordered everyone to stock up all their oil over a week in advance, while oil was still cheap, MD did not. over 72 hours before the time we thought MD's FS was coming we ordered our members to start jumping because military prices were going to be much higher on the actual FS day, MD did not... etc.

Last I checked these things are not cheating. I was one of the 20 countries bigger than MD's biggest country and all I can say is

a) I didn't cheat
b) my country wasn't even that great.

Thus... I don't find that line of argument to hold any water.

"72 hours before we thought MD's FS was coming" you mean when you KNEW MD's FS was coming ;)

It's easy to plan countries when you know exactly what and how many of each country strat your enemy is playing.

CaptainTenacious Game profile

May 2nd 2012, 20:18:27

LaF can make it up to us by releasing any naked pics of their female members
~The Saucy Buccaneer~
I drink in moderation.
Moderation being an imaginary place i go to when i drink.

May 2nd 2012, 20:18:37

double post! woopsies
~The Saucy Buccaneer~
I drink in moderation.

Atryn Game profile

May 2nd 2012, 20:21:32

CaptainTenacious - that's probably only fair, since they may have already had access to naked pics of other clan's female members...

(note the above is in pure speculation and jest)

mazooka Game profile

May 2nd 2012, 20:24:06

..but true =/

May 2nd 2012, 20:26:55

Originally posted by Atryn:
CaptainTenacious - that's probably only fair, since they may have already had access to naked pics of other clan's female members...

(note the above is in pure speculation and jest)

that's right!

communtiy has spoken! we want the pics!
~The Saucy Buccaneer~
I drink in moderation.

Forum Moderator

May 2nd 2012, 20:33:27

Originally posted by TGD:

so having information, information that will direct you on HOW to create all your countries, what direction to take them, and what to build and buy, does not effect the legitimacy of your countries?

Once again, you want to put this to rest, give every alliance president access to your forums for a set, untill then all the information played directly into how well your countries were run. You guys are landgrabbers, knowing what the break is 100% of the time really helps.

You all benefited from that information, so you all cheated *shrugs*

This is a stupid comment. If you think that everyone in laf had access to every country in the game's spy op, and were able to use it to determine breaks for LGing etc. then you are sadly mistaken. If that was the case then obviously people would have realized something was up.

aqua Game profile

May 2nd 2012, 20:39:24

laf doesn't know how to play a country properly.

mazooka Game profile

May 2nd 2012, 20:43:44

Originally posted by aqua:
laf doesn't know how to play a country properly.

dur! sure helps when your heads know exactly what every country on the server is doing(and read all boxcar sites) and can make any change to them they want but i can totally see how that wouldnt help at all.

seriously? you dont think that helped at all? come one man. did you know what was up too?