Verified:

dLpLow Game profile

Feb 11th 2012, 21:32:17

Originally posted by Ivan:

I played with PDM for awhile a couple of years ago, actually loved being there but when PDM is being represented publically by people like Pang and Archaic who even on their best days are poor trollers and players its very sad :(

actually Pang is a great teacher....i was in 2 classes of his and earned well above my best NW with him helping and teaching so u kind sir are wrong when u say he is a poor player :P

sure plenty of other PDMers who were in his classes would agree
poor laf
10:36 ee: GS pLow is HERE (#422) [SoF] --> Oslo 1952 (#201) [LaF] -- 2C/81F
And for you freaks.
http://www.mediafire.com/...7cfyj1ley48a/IMG_0973.m4v
http://www.mediafire.com/download/h1tcgo1

braden Game profile

Feb 11th 2012, 21:33:29

"that server should probably just be shut down until we have the time retool it..."

by pang, again.

That is fine, shut down the server at reset, and take ALL the time you need. Nobody but tso will mind, and besides, they'll have gotten what they wanted (nobody playing team server)

Ivan Game profile

Feb 11th 2012, 21:35:27

lol wait away archaic i really dont care if yer as delusional as pang is :)

Ivan Game profile

Feb 11th 2012, 21:37:26

When PDMs avg net is 54m net im not really suprised that you improved :P

KingKaosKnows

Feb 11th 2012, 21:44:09

Anti break

archaic Game profile

Feb 11th 2012, 21:44:59

two double posts in a row ivan, take your meds

Average does not mean much to PDM Ivan, we all kind of like to do our own thing. Just knowing that we are all so damn sexy is reward enough for most of us.

Cheating Mod Hall of Shame: Dark Morbid, Turtle Crawler, Sov

Terror Game profile

Feb 11th 2012, 21:49:27

Braden, I honestly don't think there is a way to make team server playable if there is a group of players intent on making sure it isn't.

The change we need is social. That starts with someone in a position of some authority stepping up to say they will do their part. I'm sure someone will correct me since this thread has grown rather long, but I've not seen that yet.

braden Game profile

Feb 11th 2012, 21:56:15

you can delete those players for being intent on making sure something doesn't work.

the server as it stands is fine, admins just need to step up and delete 4 tags of five working together.

very simple fix- write a rule that says your five is what you have, fifteen others will be deleted for joining you.

Terror Game profile

Feb 11th 2012, 22:14:42

I agree, but deletions won't be necessary. Once the rule is made that teams in cooperation beyond non-aggression, it probably won't be necessary to mass delete a lot of people.

If two teams choose to fight and players who are not on those teams join in, then they get deleted.

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Feb 11th 2012, 22:15:13

I don't think we'll shut it down, just modify it ;)
Finally did the signature thing.

locket Game profile

Feb 11th 2012, 22:17:23

Originally posted by braden:
you can delete those players for being intent on making sure something doesn't work.

the server as it stands is fine, admins just need to step up and delete 4 tags of five working together.

very simple fix- write a rule that says your five is what you have, fifteen others will be deleted for joining you.

That rule is impossible to enforce. What happens if two non similar tag names happen to hit the same clan for different reasons? What happens if a group of 5 is in a fight and their secret friends just decide to landgrab the other tag(which they had some minor issues with). Who is to say whether they are officially working together or are simply acting on their own? I played another game with a similar rule and it didn't work at all.

CGiboney Game profile

Feb 11th 2012, 22:18:49

cool

Unholy Monks

iScode Game profile

Feb 11th 2012, 22:33:18

why are you such a fluff Ivan? Just wondering thats all.
iScode
God of War

DEATH TO SOV!

snawdog Game profile

Feb 11th 2012, 22:44:02

Unless and until Team Server is fixed to become truly a 'Team' server,those half assed 30 man 'teams' will ruin sets across servers.Same fluff happens on express/ffa/primary.
All it would take is a few mechanical fixes to make it where only two tags may be at war against each other,no other tag could hit them and they would not be able to hit any one else.
ICQ 364553524
msn

Sir Balin Game profile

Feb 11th 2012, 22:58:37

i just started drinking, so i'll check back in here in a few hours.

SirSepher Game profile

Feb 11th 2012, 22:58:43

ouuuuu... so much rage... so much dirty laundry... so much anger aimed in no particular direction, just sprays and sprays...

In just 36 hours this thread is almost 10 pages long. A lot of things have been said about each other, Team server has been brought to light for the first time for a lot of people, and actions have been done that can not be taken back.

To PP and the rest of the Team Gang: Yes. Getting repeatedly killed and oppressed sucks. But was there no way to band with other teams on the server to try and stand up to TSO? If not, why not rage-suicide them OOP? Why not come to these alliance boards and ask for some help and bring light to the situation rather than suiciding on a group of mostly unaware and un-informed players who have no clue what you are going through? In a different light, PDM may have even supported you given our history with swirve-era Earth 2025 RD wars. Now, you've alienated large groups of players server wide.

To the Leaders of various alliances making jabs, stabs and all out disrepesecting each other: Holy heck some of the exchanges here are funny! the political fluff waving is incredible between a lot of you and really, a lot of it looks childish. 10 years ago when most of us started playing, yeah, maybe a lot of these comments would have been justified and reasonable. But come on, let's face it... most of us here are well into our 20's or beyond and we're acting like we're in bloody high school. Have we really devolved into such ludicrous comparisons which have been drawn against each other here???

Everyone else: I don't really have much to say because we are more or less observers, venting our outrage because of our various beliefs, or just here to stoke the fires of our leaders. Suiciders, I think you've made your point. What has happened on team is unfortunate, (I don't think any one person here would disagree), but you really could have gone about this differently. But the point is made. Further disruption is only going to cause people who actually enjoy this server to not enjoy it, leaving them as disgruntled as you are and looking to exact their revenge on those who caused it, (Those on Team server in this case), causing a snowball effect of hate and disgust for both sides.
-Sir Sepher
Old Fogey learning to play again
PDM FTW
For the glory of Camelot

ViLSE Game profile

Feb 11th 2012, 23:34:46

Well Sepher I can only answer from my perspective but most of team server played at netgaining, at least many of the teams did.

TSO are ONLY interested in killing, and the people they are killing are mainly interested in netgaining. This is why there really is no interest in ganging together and fighting TSO as that will give them exactly what they want. And that is a big long fight hopefully lasting many rounds, and for a netgainer there really isnt anything more boring.
Heck just ask Evo over on this server, I am pretty sure they would love to go back to netgaining properly for a round or ten. :)

CGiboney Game profile

Feb 11th 2012, 23:47:45

Ive been warring way to much these days.

Unholy Monks

archaic Game profile

Feb 12th 2012, 0:17:06

Originally posted by Sir Balin:
i just started drinking, so i'll check back in here in a few hours.

wow, aewsome - me too!

case race?
Cheating Mod Hall of Shame: Dark Morbid, Turtle Crawler, Sov

Terror Game profile

Feb 12th 2012, 0:41:14

Yeah, I'm drinking too. I'm sorry to say that locket makes a good point. He illustrates exactly how rules would be perverted to make them ineffective. It goes back to the notion of players choosing to behave respectfully and for alliances to police their own members so that those who behave badly are not tolerated.

Sepher, I don't think PP cared about alienating people who were not ever going to do more than talk about how people should go into team server and trash the place. His asking for consideration wasn't going to fly either. It's easier to just ignore people you don't know or care about.

The goal here is to move passed PPs suicide agenda. As repugnant as the idea may seem, that means actually changing our collective attitudes to appease him and those who sympathize with him.

Consider this: What would have happened if PP had gone onto the Team boards with a polite request to TSO to not gang up everyone else and kill everyone without provocation. What would have happened if he had come to the alliance board and politely asked those people to monitor their members and respect the team server?

Be honest. It would have either been totally ignored or laughed at. No one would have adopted his grievance as important.

Now, lucky for us, PP isn't the same as RL terrorists who committed their lives to destroying those whom they object to. I do believe PP would stop suiciding if there were steps taken to resolve his issues.

So far all that has happened is talk. I expect he won't stop his actions until real actions are taken to correct the problem.

trep Game profile

Feb 12th 2012, 0:48:54

Originally posted by Detmer:
PP has drawn attention to the issue but in such a negative way that he has created enemies instead of supporters. Honestly if I had known about what was going on there I probably would have created a country against TSO (since the FBI/WoG tyranny is the tyranny I support). Alas short-sighted, brash actions get the results they get.

Actually it really hasn't. The only one's spouting out that it's negative attention is PDM and TSO people mostly here.

I'm not saying it was justified and I feel bad for the randomly suicided people in PDM (though tbh most people probably don't care that much as at this point everyone's been through that ten dozen times through the years). I have no connections and the only country I'm playing a primary country for 1 minute every other day, but at least it's one way of bringing this issue to the drawing board more.

Forgotten

Feb 12th 2012, 0:51:07

What the few suiciders has done is wrong.
What the mass Team Server killers has done is wrong.

Two wrongs don't make a right, but if people are looking to actually solve the problem, maybe it is the TSO that is at the root of the problem.

Then you go back to why these groups of players who cannot succeed in Alliance server would play as an alliance on the Team Server.

The problem then goes back to the issue of said group of players unwilling to tough it out on Alliance Server as an alliance, but rather go terrorize another server because THEY can be the top dog there.

Why?

Server Politics.

/end rant

I do not hold any leadership position in any alliance, nor do I represent any alliance with my rant.

I am one of the players who have stopped playing on Team Server from the early days when teams joint together for positioning, ie NBK.
~LaF's Retired Janitor~

Jiman Game profile

Feb 12th 2012, 1:22:54

Yes, because the events of one game will dictate how they will play another game.

That makes sense.

Right...?

Terror Game profile

Feb 12th 2012, 1:25:30

I have another thought. This community is small enough that it might be possible to have people of good character and a history with earth register their teams at the moderator's personal discretion and then hold said registered team leaders responsible for the actions of their teams.

For a server that hosts less than 200 people on it's best day, that is actually workable for a human to make a judgement call, and when a human makes a judgement call, the team leader will feel more humanly responsible.

Detmer Game profile

Feb 12th 2012, 1:42:58

Originally posted by trep:
PP has drawn attention to the issue but in such a negative way that he has created enemies instead of supporters. Honestly if I had known about what was going on there I probably would have created a country against TSO (since the FBI/WoG tyranny is the tyranny I support). Alas short-sighted, brash actions get the results they get.

Actually it really hasn't. The only one's spouting out that it's negative attention is PDM and TSO people mostly here.

I'm not saying it was justified and I feel bad for the randomly suicided people in PDM (though tbh most people probably don't care that much as at this point everyone's been through that ten dozen times through the years). I have no connections and the only country I'm playing a primary country for 1 minute every other day, but at least it's one way of bringing this issue to the drawing board more.

Yes, it has. I know of many people who have created pro-TSO countries in team now. PP did indeed create new enemies.

Terror Game profile

Feb 12th 2012, 1:52:27

...but hopefully their hate will fade away when they realize they have no one to target in the team server.

Ensuring that team server will not function is definitely not the answer.

trep Game profile

Feb 12th 2012, 2:05:46

Yes, it has. I know of many people who have created pro-TSO countries in team now. PP did indeed create new enemies.

Uh...kind of hypocritical to create retaliatory countries to retaliate on cross server retaliation. I really don't think PP or anyone else cares that more TSO countries are being created in team.

Terror Game profile

Feb 12th 2012, 2:19:23

trep gets a cookie.

BobbyATA Game profile

Feb 12th 2012, 2:27:32

Slagpit has the best post on this thread. As he said: It is ok to suicide kill randomly. But to do so for a purpose is now wrong? lol..AT logic...

Detmer Game profile

Feb 12th 2012, 2:42:03

Uh...kind of hypocritical to create retaliatory countries to retaliate on cross server retaliation. I really don't think PP or anyone else cares that more TSO countries are being created in team.

Resolving team server problems on the team server.

Or eye for an eye.

Take your pick.

Terror Game profile

Feb 12th 2012, 3:03:31

Resolving? No, that resolves nothing.

Eye for an eye? They eye to be stricken out has a dead country on team server. You want to kill it twice?

de1i Game profile

Feb 12th 2012, 3:03:33

Originally posted by BobbyATA:
Slagpit has the best post on this thread. As he said: It is ok to suicide kill randomly. But to do so for a purpose is now wrong? lol..AT logic...

Yeah sure if you want to make a ridiculous generalization of some of the posts on this thread. I think the generalization is that being suicided on for a reason that isn't even your fault is harder to accept than being a victim of a purely random suicide.

Pain Game profile

Feb 12th 2012, 3:03:48

Or eye for an eye.

Take your pick.

so now that you joined TSO will you only hit a country if you know for certain that it is run by one of the suicider or will you attack anyone in hopes that they are one of the suiciders like PP and co did?

if youre going to be hypocrites, just say so.
Your mother is a nice woman

locket Game profile

Feb 12th 2012, 3:07:10

I doubt anyone but the suiciders thinks its ok to suicide in any circumstance. He is making a generalization of no ones opinion. Slagpit logic. Suiciding on THE country who fluffed with you is the only way that is somewhat accepted so yah...

Xinhuan Game profile

Feb 12th 2012, 3:10:38

Possible Team server fix:

Implement team-level GDI and copy the Primary server's GDI rules over at the team level. This makes it extremely difficult for coordinated warring.

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Feb 12th 2012, 3:11:33

locket: fluff off and die. I have not responded to a post by you in two months. Stop talking about me you pathetic, obsessed little creep.

de1i Game profile

Feb 12th 2012, 3:14:54

Can I fluff off and die too? I made a very similar post point wise a couple minutes before him.

elvesrus

Feb 12th 2012, 3:16:33

has it really been 2 months already?
Originally posted by crest23:
Elves is a douche on every server.

Chaoswind Game profile

Feb 12th 2012, 3:35:54

Originally posted by de1i:

Yeah sure if you want to make a ridiculous generalization of some of the posts on this thread. I think the generalization is that being suicided on for a reason that isn't even your fault is harder to accept than being a victim of a purely random suicide.

bulls eye!!!

I didn't even get hit and I am probably the most vocal on this situation, I am not mad because people suicided on me, I am mad because idiots suicided on others, I care about my countries, but if fluff happens i move on, the people that is getting hit had goals for their set and people are destroying their goals before giving them a fair chance of trying, and the reason given has nothing to do with them.

I refuse to join TSO in team because that would make me the same type of person as PP, and if I am getting screwed in alliance, I have to get my revenge in alliance, no matter the reason crossing servers to get revenge is stupid, as much as crossing servers to go on a random rampage.

However as it stands TSO isn't an alliance effort to destroy Team server, they are Team players, they have played in the team server for several sets, the situation now has been evolving for months, if Team players where unable to stop it with diplomacy or force, then they deserve every bit of it.

Elysium Lord of fluff
PDM Lord of fluff
Flamey = Fatty
Crazymatt is Fatty 2

Detmer Game profile

Feb 12th 2012, 3:44:25

Originally posted by Pain:

Or eye for an eye.

Take your pick.

so now that you joined TSO will you only hit a country if you know for certain that it is run by one of the suicider or will you attack anyone in hopes that they are one of the suiciders like PP and co did?

if youre going to be hypocrites, just say so.

The problem with their actions is that they took it across servers. We are keeping team server problems on team server. It may be lame and terrible for the server, but it is not hypocritical. Hypocrisy would be going after their friends on alliance.

Detmer Game profile

Feb 12th 2012, 3:46:51

Originally posted by Terror:
Resolving? No, that resolves nothing.

Eye for an eye? They eye to be stricken out has a dead country on team server. You want to kill it twice?

By PP's logic it does. Do you think suiciding on alliance solves anything on team server? There is no alliance more principled than PDM. Someone can suicide against us for all eternity but we will never take the practical route out. We of course try to be fair and honorable so talking to us first might have actually achieved results. The time for that has come and gone though.

de1i Game profile

Feb 12th 2012, 3:47:07

You've never played Team so I highly doubt you have the slightest clue what has gone on there over the past ~2 years. So please kindly shut the fluff up about the players deserving what happened there.

edit: I took too long to post, this is directed at Chaoswind.

Detmer Game profile

Feb 12th 2012, 3:51:26

Originally posted by de1i:
You've never played Team so I highly doubt you have the slightest clue what has gone on there over the past ~2 years. So please kindly shut the fluff up about the players deserving what happened there.

I've never played team? I spent many rounds on the team server. In fact I am still #5 for attacks on team!

Ok, I knew all along this was directed at Chaoswind, but since it was so easy to remove your edit from the quote I had no choice but to play along.

de1i Game profile

Feb 12th 2012, 3:53:33

Kills > Attacks.

Assassin Game profile

Feb 12th 2012, 3:57:05

Attacks > Kills

de1i Game profile

Feb 12th 2012, 3:59:00

sKill > Attack

Reckless Game profile

Feb 12th 2012, 4:01:14

Anyone com forward yet?

Chaoswind Game profile

Feb 12th 2012, 4:04:08

Deli as far as I know this happened

TSO formed and killed untaggeds and small clans
Most didn't do fluff
TSO reasons: We did it for the lulz

Those that got owned decided to join TSO
TSO took on the biggest "teams"
The rest couldn't do much

TSO takes on the whole server
now is too late to do anything in team server

If the same had happened in alliance with a 110 country clan (TSO was a single team bigger than the second biggest team initially) you can bet your ass alliance would had reacted much differently.

If 2025 came back with 140 countries and decided to destroy MONSTERS or Rage, and when asked why their reason would be: for the lulz, you can bet your ass the whole server would had nuked them out of here, we have stronger ties in alliance server, we may hate our guts, but we know who plays where and everyone in here has friends or people they "know" in other alliances, even hostile ones.

That is the failure of team, that server tries to emulate Alliance server, yet fails at one core thing, team talk trolling, how many of you knew who played in opposing teams? is easy to ignore the plights of those that have no name and are just numbers in your screen, however, when those numbers turn into names is when you start to feel closer to them.

Edited By: Chaoswind on Feb 12th 2012, 4:07:50
See Original Post
Elysium Lord of fluff
PDM Lord of fluff
Flamey = Fatty
Crazymatt is Fatty 2

Sir Balin Game profile

Feb 12th 2012, 4:12:34

kind of disappointed in the caliber of trolling tonight. as for myself, moderately intoxicated, i could go after BobbyATA, but given his historic inability to illuminate any subject, i'd have to aim directly at the Slagpit rhetoric Bobby was slobbering over, and that was already adequately debased by de1i and locket.

Reckless Game profile

Feb 12th 2012, 4:15:59

Originally posted by Sir Balin:
kind of disappointed in the caliber of trolling tonight. as for myself, moderately intoxicated, i could go after BobbyATA, but given his historic inability to illuminate any subject, i'd have to aim directly at the Slagpit rhetoric Bobby was slobbering over, and that was already adequately debased by de1i and locket.

Great point.