Verified:

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Feb 10th 2012, 14:39:55

why...?

we've got 3 already and there's probably more out there.

who's so scared of us that they need to fight us through the shadows?
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff
pangaea [at] earthempires [dot] com

Boxcar - Earth Empires Clan & Alliance Hosting
http://www.boxcarhosting.com

Pontius Pirate

EE Patron

Feb 10th 2012, 14:46:00

tell you head of war and FA to stop ruining team server
Originally posted by Cerberus:

This guy is destroying the U.S. Dollars position as the preferred exchange for international trade. The Chinese Ruan is going to replace it soon, then the U.S. will not have control of the IMF

Pontius Pirate

EE Patron

Feb 10th 2012, 14:49:17

(basically a group of players about as large as all "actual" team alliances combined has decided to go and kill everyone else on team. since two PDM heads who are a part of this group decided it would be smart to gloat about their achievements with "PDM" in their signatures, we figured we'd pay it back to PDM on a server they actually care about)

This guy is destroying the U.S. Dollars position as the preferred exchange for international trade. The Chinese Ruan is going to replace it soon, then the U.S. will not have control of the IMF

elvesrus

Feb 10th 2012, 14:50:06

does that mean you're going to be suiciding on sof, sol, icn, tie, laf, rival, and possibly more too?
Originally posted by crest23:
Elves is a douche on every server.

Pontius Pirate

EE Patron

Feb 10th 2012, 14:51:20

no, just you. but thanks for asking.

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Feb 10th 2012, 14:57:59

*sigh*

1) we've been talking about changes to team for weeks on staff boards.

2) cross-server vigilantism isn't cool.

3) the people you're hurting are ones who don't play team. you're just being a jerks.

Edited By: Pang on Feb 10th 2012, 15:02:29
See Original Post
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff

Pontius Pirate

EE Patron

Feb 10th 2012, 15:11:27

1) Sure.
2) Only way to get back at people
3) That's the point. Which do you think will cause more resentment with Elvesrus, Archaic, Boltar or any other prominent TSO members - hitting them directly or hitting innocent people in their clans? If we hit them, they will probably restart or keep playing at the same intensity. If we hit other players, they'll get frustrated due to "random" suiciding and are much more likely to lay down their arms for the set. Which would probably be a lot more disappointing in the end for the TSO crew.

And that's the point - we're not here to make the game better, acting all mature and stuff isn't the best way to deal with a group of fluffheads who kill everyone on a server for fun.

Pontius Pirate

EE Patron

Feb 10th 2012, 15:12:26

Anyway this has been discussed on the team server boards so not really in a mood to repeat the arguments made by others there :)

Wharfed

Feb 10th 2012, 15:12:30

That's a new one. I've heard of raping a clan as they move to a new server, but not intentionally going to a clans main server to screw with them.
>Wharfed

ABOYNE (vb.) To beat an expert at a game of skill by playing so appallingly bad that none of his clever tactics or strategies are of any use to him.

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Feb 10th 2012, 15:13:32

I don't care what these people do elsewhere, they play Alliance the right way for the right reasons and that's why we're here. you'll notice PDM generally keeps to ourselves or lets issues evolve on their own.

you should keep your team fluff on the team server.

also, you do realize that this wastes my time, right? time that I could be spending working on changes for team... now I gotta spend them organizing KRs for you guys. it doesn't make me resent elves at all, it makes me resent you.

also, boltar is in SoF if you want to spread the love :p
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Feb 10th 2012, 15:15:31

Originally posted by Wharfed:
That's a new one. I've heard of raping a clan as they move to a new server, but not intentionally going to a clans main server to screw with them.

it's not about PDM, it's about 2 members of PDM, apparently. we have to pay for ppl like PP not being able to bring the political will to force change on their own.

that's why this is pretty fluffty.
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff

Pontius Pirate

EE Patron

Feb 10th 2012, 15:18:16

Originally posted by Pang:

also, you do realize that this wastes my time, right? time that I could be spending working on changes for team... now I gotta spend them organizing KRs for you guys. it doesn't make me resent elves at all, it makes me resent you.
pfft get elvesrus to do it, he's your HoW! :P

ZIP Game profile

Feb 10th 2012, 15:19:12

maybe he is practicing
fluff your 300 Spartans fool - i have 32 of the biggest fluffed mother fluffers made of titanium !!
A brigade from Blackstreetboyz (#91) has invaded your lands! Your defenses held against the invaders and forced them away! Your military lost:1 Troops

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Feb 10th 2012, 15:20:07

Originally posted by Pontius Pirate:

pfft get elvesrus to do it, he's your HoW! :P

i'm a head as well. when this stuff happens we all step up.

such a waste. doing this without even talking to PDM first definitely only builds bad will toward folks like you, not ppl like elves.

but i don't think you had any intention to try and actually accomplish anything.
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff

Pontius Pirate

EE Patron

Feb 10th 2012, 15:22:22

Originally posted by Wharfed:

it's not about PDM, it's about 2 members of PDM, apparently. we have to pay for ppl like PP not being able to bring the political will to force change on their own.

that's why this is pretty fluffty.
The political will is there, pretty much every non-TSO clan on Team agrees that what happened is fluffty.

It's unfair of us to expect changes from admins immediately, but if you make the argument that I haven't been able to bring political will it's because Team Server is being ignored by the admins not because people on Team don't agree with me that TSO are douchebags.

edit: and that's a criticism of your argument, not the admins. only server where I think the job is not superb is express

Ivan Game profile

Feb 10th 2012, 15:22:29

LOL im sorry but this is funny

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Feb 10th 2012, 15:23:16

less laughing, more reps sending, ivan!

also, i'll reiterate that boltar is a FA leader in SoF :)

Edited By: Pang on Feb 10th 2012, 15:27:36
See Original Post
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff

Sir Balin Game profile

Feb 10th 2012, 15:33:08

what's team?

Detmer Game profile

Feb 10th 2012, 15:33:57

Reason #102382385743857345 that Pontius Pirate is a moron...

The problem with team server is that is has always been populated by a bunch of limp-wristed babies who can't do anything for themselves. This is the same group of people who think they can effect change by cross-server terrorism. Still can't cause others to change through force. Still can't cause others to change through fear. Maybe this ground needs to just learn to accept issues that they are incapable of managing.

Oh, and I just signed up for team so I can help stomp on the team server and ruin it for them. Eye for an eye and all that jazz. Hope you like the positive affect you're having on your server PP!

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Feb 10th 2012, 15:37:32

ya, as a player it's annoying, but we'll work through it like we always do.

but as an admin, I REALLY don't like innocent people on another server being targeted because of something they have no interest in. that server should probably just be shut down until we have the time retool it...
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff

martian Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Feb 10th 2012, 15:38:02

I thought boltar was in neofed?
*has no idea*

in any case I personally will say that i never took cross server stuff very kindly when I was a tag leader, not from my own members/leaders and certainly not from anyone else.
If someone from FFA or whatever brought stuff across to alliance it then became an alliance issue.

Cross server stuff never ends well and it's not going to solve your issue. Keep your issues on the server in question...
you are all special in the eyes of fluff
(|(|
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )

RUN IT IS A KILLER BUNNY!!!

Boltar Game profile

Feb 10th 2012, 15:38:35

Tso detmer our addy is tso.sex-tales.net. apply and enjoy

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 10th 2012, 15:38:54

Ok me too, I'll join Detmer... PP you ready for 50 people to be stomping on your fun now?

Revenge is a dish best served cold, however you'll be eating my steaming pile of fluff.

SirSepher Game profile

Feb 10th 2012, 15:42:23

Hmmm, well, if anything you just earned a whole bunch of PDMers to join Team and start joining in... a group of roughly 50 more players to add to the cause they don't even know about... just to stomp you out for messing with them on another server... you guys are some freakin' bright =P
-Sir Sepher
Old Fogey learning to play again
PDM FTW
For the glory of Camelot

Azz Kikr Game profile

Wiki Mod

Feb 10th 2012, 15:45:05

ok, so now i'm confused.
do two cross-server responses make a single server response?
or do we assume that since this crap came from team server that responding to it on team server is correct?
o.O

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 10th 2012, 15:45:55

I agree it was a fluff move for people to kill others on that server for no reason but its an even bigger of a fluff move for them players to come over to alliance to suicide on an alliance that doesn't even head up the said team that is being fluffs in the first place.

Are you a fluffing retard?

Detmer Game profile

Feb 10th 2012, 15:46:17

Originally posted by Azz Kikr:
ok, so now i'm confused.
do two cross-server responses make a single server response?
or do we assume that since this crap came from team server that responding to it on team server is correct?
o.O

The second one. Since this crap came from team server, a response on team server is correct.

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 10th 2012, 15:47:18

I need to know what team on team server I am to attack? Since I haven't played on there for over a year (maybe longer)...

SirSepher Game profile

Feb 10th 2012, 15:47:25

What's the general alliance response to unprovoked attacks on it's members? War, correct? if the war is being brought on from another server, well, we'll join in on another server, why not? =P
-Sir Sepher
PDM FTW
For the glory of Camelot

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Feb 10th 2012, 15:47:45

why don't we just figure out the alliance server alliance that these folks care about and then spend our round ruining their fun...?

that would be the appropriate response based on this logic.

also, make sure we don't talk to their leaders first -- discussing things is so overrated. rage-suicide instead!
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff

Azz Kikr Game profile

Wiki Mod

Feb 10th 2012, 15:49:59

OMG PDM LEADER SUPPORTS SUICIDERS OMG OMG OMG

<3 pang ;P

SirSepher Game profile

Feb 10th 2012, 15:56:49

=O!!!

Start spreadin' the news.

(Dut dut dunh da dut, dut dut dunh da dut)

Pang's gon-na, go kill...

(Dut dut dunh da dut, dut dut dunh da dut)

Some piece of su-ic-id-ing... UNTAGGED! Unnnnntaagggggggeeedd=P
-Sir Sepher
PDM FTW
For the glory of Camelot

Detmer Game profile

Feb 10th 2012, 16:00:44

why don't we just figure out the alliance server alliance that these folks care about and then spend our round ruining their fun...?

also, make sure we don't talk to their leaders first -- discussing things is so overrated. rage-suicide instead!

Their logic is flawed though. Things need to get worse for them where they came from. Projecting onto their friends is the same pathetic crybaby fluff that they do...

Detmer Game profile

Feb 10th 2012, 16:01:25

That being said, I think they have shown that team is irreparably broken without a major overhaul and should probably just be shut down until it is fixed.

AxAlar Game profile

Feb 10th 2012, 16:03:00

This issue is as old as Team / FFA. Thomas used to get all up in arms on FFA, and it caused players to bring fluff to Alliance. And to be honest, though we defended our alliance completely when it came across servers, it was completely his fault. There's a reason many players use completely different aliases on other servers; so they don't cause harm to their other alliances if they become in the spotlight for some reason.

Let's say a man goes around his community and beats the fluff out of women. The cops come to arrest him at home and his wife is there. She valiantly defends him because he's never hit her. He behaves perfectly inside the home, though she knows he does terrible fluff outside of it. So, her argument is that he shouldn't be arrested by the cops so long as he's in the house.

Man up and show that PDM cares about the community as a whole, let your members know if they continue their fluffty actions in other servers and it brings harm to PDM, then they themselves are directly harming PDM and need to GTFO.

(For the record I don't play on Team server and have no connection to this issue).

P.S. I love it when Pang, who volunteers his time to lead an alliance, ACTUALLY has to spend time leading said alliance and then claims having to lead said alliance is hurting his ability to spend time coding the game. Pang, if you really want to spend your time fixing the game and coding, stop using up your time trying to help lead alliances. It's that simple. You cry that it hurts the game as a way to mix your game administrator position with politics to gain favor. In reality, if you decide that you're going to be an active part of the political community, you are volunteering time away from coding anyway. It's what you signed up for so don't cry about it. It's really irritating and gives people like QZ a fluffty rep when he doesn't deserve it.
-AxA
Mercenary for Hire
AIM: I The Brandon
MSN:

Sir Balin Game profile

Feb 10th 2012, 16:04:40

lol

Trife Game profile

Feb 10th 2012, 16:06:37

because thefist isn't around anymore =[

Chaoswind Game profile

Feb 10th 2012, 16:07:57

last night he was talking about a few changes going live on most servers in the next couple of days and how he was doing the last bit of coding when the suiciders started, so I think his point is valid :P

no leader expects to deal with crap during the first week of the set, everyone should be busy with their start ups :P
Elysium Lord of fluff
PDM Lord of fluff
Flamey = Fatty
Crazymatt is Fatty 2

Detmer Game profile

Feb 10th 2012, 16:08:07

Originally posted by AxAlar:
This issue is as old as Team / FFA. Thomas used to get all up in arms on FFA, and it caused players to bring fluff to Alliance. And to be honest, though we defended our alliance completely when it came across servers, it was completely his fault. There's a reason many players use completely different aliases on other servers; so they don't cause harm to their other alliances if they become in the spotlight for some reason.

Let's say a man goes around his community and beats the fluff out of women. The cops come to arrest him at home and his wife is there. She valiantly defends him because he's never hit her. He behaves perfectly inside the home, though she knows he does terrible fluff outside of it. So, her argument is that he shouldn't be arrested by the cops so long as he's in the house.

Flawed analogy. The servers are intended to be separate. your analogy is like saying if someone alternates playing in two groups on the same server.

Man up and show that PDM cares about the community as a whole, let your members know if they continue their fluffty actions in other servers and it brings harm to PDM, then they themselves are directly harming PDM and need to GTFO.

No. Paradigm is on the alliance server only. We are not some sort of fascist organization trying to control people's play in alliance, let alone other servers. Paradigm is an alliance server entity only. Plus that would be indirect harm.

P.S. I love it when Pang, who volunteers his time to lead an alliance, ACTUALLY has to spend time leading said alliance and then claims having to lead said alliance is hurting his ability to spend time coding the game. Pang, if you really want to spend your time fixing the game and coding, stop using up your time trying to help lead alliances. It's that simple. You cry that it hurts the game as a way to mix your game administrator position with politics to gain favor. In reality, if you decide that you're going to be an active part of the political community, you are volunteering time away from coding anyway. It's what you signed up for so don't cry about it. It's really irritating and gives people like QZ a fluffty rep when he doesn't deserve it.

You're right, the admins shouldn't play with the community they cherish and put a lot of effort into preserve so they can be our servants... get a grip man... if I couldn't play Earth I sure as hell wouldn't admin it...

Rico Game profile

Feb 10th 2012, 16:09:58

Originally posted by Pontius Pirate:
1) Sure.
2) Only way to get back at people
3) That's the point. Which do you think will cause more resentment with Elvesrus, Archaic, Boltar or any other prominent TSO members - hitting them directly or hitting innocent people in their clans? If we hit them, they will probably restart or keep playing at the same intensity. If we hit other players, they'll get frustrated due to "random" suiciding and are much more likely to lay down their arms for the set. Which would probably be a lot more disappointing in the end for the TSO crew.

And that's the point - we're not here to make the game better, acting all mature and stuff isn't the best way to deal with a group of fluffheads who kill everyone on a server for fun.

Congrats, you just inspired me to create a countrie to help kill you.

Hell of a way to recruit for your server.

TAN Game profile

Feb 10th 2012, 16:13:48

Idiot Pontius Pirate, we resent YOU for this, not our own players.

If I find out you have site access to an alliance on this server, I am going to fluffing suicide the fluff out of it.
FREEEEEDOM!!!

Chaoswind Game profile

Feb 10th 2012, 16:14:26

TAN you are retired....

:P
Elysium Lord of fluff
PDM Lord of fluff
Flamey = Fatty
Crazymatt is Fatty 2

de1i Game profile

Feb 10th 2012, 16:17:44

TAN come to Ellensburg, I will help you!

AxAlar Game profile

Feb 10th 2012, 16:18:07

I'll reprise my example cause it has some major holes:

The guy lives in Country A which runs along the border of Country B. Country B and Country A have no extradition, and therefore no "police" that cross jurisdiction (as we have no "police" that crosses servers - however that doesnt limit us from being in either server). The man lives in Country A but decides he'd like to go to Country B and beat the fluff out of women. He does this on a monthly basis. He returns home and openly admits his beatings in Country A. However, the people in Country B only know the general vicinity of where he is in Country A. If they call him out, they know Country A won't surrender him anyway, because of nationalism and the want to protect their own. The loved ones of Country B then decide "hey fluff it, you want to protect someone who comes into our country and intentionally fluffs with people, then we'll bomb the general vicinity the person lives in." Is that so wrong if Country A has complete disregard for the guys actions in Country B? At that point Country A basically becomes an accomplice. Neither the actions of the man is correct, nor are the actions of the people in Country B launching an attack, however, Country A could just fix it by exiling the guy, doing the right thing.
-AxA
Mercenary for Hire
MSN:

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Feb 10th 2012, 16:19:27

Axa:

EE is something I do in my free time. It's a hobby.
Leading PDM is something I do in my free time. It's a hobby.

but since you want to criticize me... maybe I should criticize you a little too, eh?
how about that time you put yourself ahead of the game/community by giving all those Jared Loughner posts to the Wall Street Journal in exchange for a free dinner? did you think you would get more than a dinner?

that nearly caused Boxcar's server to be taken by the FBI, and if it wasn't for some good negotiating by me+TC, it would have been taken. it also wasted a lot of me, qz and slag's time dealing with the fallout + media + bullfluff. it was also a black eye on this game and something that shouldn't have been made public in the first place.

you have no right to criticize me for anything I do after you pulled that stunt.
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff

Chaoswind Game profile

Feb 10th 2012, 16:24:55

WTF!!!

he was the one that leaked everything in such a tasteless issue?

way to drop the ball...
Elysium Lord of fluff
PDM Lord of fluff
Flamey = Fatty
Crazymatt is Fatty 2

AxAlar Game profile

Feb 10th 2012, 16:27:11

Originally posted by Detmer:

Flawed analogy. The servers are intended to be separate. your analogy is like saying if someone alternates playing in two groups on the same server.

Noted, and updated.

No. Paradigm is on the alliance server only. We are not some sort of fascist organization trying to control people's play in alliance, let alone other servers. Paradigm is an alliance server entity only. Plus that would be indirect harm.

Sounds like PDMs issue. flufftards tend to attract flufftards. If you let them play with you, expect other flufftards to seek them out. If you associate yourself with stupid fluff, you generally end up dealing with stupid fluff.

You're right, the admins shouldn't play with the community they cherish and put a lot of effort into preserve so they can be our servants... get a grip man... if I couldn't play Earth I sure as hell wouldn't admin it...
[/quote]

I am in no way saying that he shouldn't be allowed to interact with the community, play, and be an admin. You're completely missing the point. I believe he should be able to do all these things. However, I don't believe he should cry that he can't concentrate on coding because of his voluntary commitments to interacting with the community and playing. He signed up for leading the alliance, did he expect not to have to do anything? If the answer is yes, that's fine, but Pang would then obviously not be realistic with himself. If the answer is no, then this is exactly what he signed up for and shouldn't cry that he is distracted from coding.

When the SOF issue was up, did SoF impede coding and should have worked to shore up the situation more efficiently/quickly? Should alliances just completely avoid doing FA with Pang for fear we might be impeding his coding and fixes for the game?
-AxA
Mercenary for Hire
MSN:

Detmer Game profile

Feb 10th 2012, 16:27:31

I'll reprise my example cause it has some major holes:

The guy lives in Country A which runs along the border of Country B. Country B and Country A have no extradition, and therefore no "police" that cross jurisdiction (as we have no "police" that crosses servers - however that doesnt limit us from being in either server). The man lives in Country A but decides he'd like to go to Country B and beat the fluff out of women. He does this on a monthly basis. He returns home and openly admits his beatings in Country A. However, the people in Country B only know the general vicinity of where he is in Country A. If they call him out, they know Country A won't surrender him anyway, because of nationalism and the want to protect their own. The loved ones of Country B then decide "hey fluff it, you want to protect someone who comes into our country and intentionally fluffs with people, then we'll bomb the general vicinity the person lives in." Is that so wrong if Country A has complete disregard for the guys actions in Country B? At that point Country A basically becomes an accomplice. Neither the actions of the man is correct, nor are the actions of the people in Country B launching an attack, however, Country A could just fix it by exiling the guy, doing the right thing.

The actions of the people in country B are unjustified. If the people in country B know who the problem is, they should deal with him next time he is on their turf. HTH.

archaic Game profile

Feb 10th 2012, 16:32:28

Pontius, I knew you were a complete fluffing retarded tool, but do you have to fluffing proclaim it to the world? I started a country on the day of the FS on team for the lol of it. Team is a joke, you are a joke - but mostly just you are a joke.

Tag up you jerks

Edited By: Pang on Feb 10th 2012, 16:35:04
See Original Post
Cheating Mod Hall of Shame: Dark Morbid, Turtle Crawler, Sov

Hohiro Game profile

Feb 10th 2012, 16:32:49

@Pang: Still using the argument 'I cant do anything as admin because others don't play as i want them to' is one that definitely is bad.

@others: I was player on Team Server, too. At least until TSO out of fun attacked all just out of fun and destroyed the server. Easy to do when you are organised and are the same number as the others. The problem for all of you who want to go to Team and assist them in messing up the server would be there are no players left, because alot just left.
Its no fun anymore, so i can understand people coming here and showing those who did take the fun out of Team Server how it is taking the fun out of Alliance Server.

Edit: and seeing archaics post i should make a country on Alliance just for the lol of it to suicide here, too .... well different people see the servers in different ways ...

Edited By: Hohiro on Feb 10th 2012, 16:35:55
See Original Post