Verified:

elvesrus

Feb 12th 2012, 23:50:26

Looking through past posts of pontius pirate, this just looks like an excuse to do what he wanted to do anyway
Originally posted by crest23:
Elves is a douche on every server.

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Feb 13th 2012, 0:09:18

actually, if you want to know how this honestly impacts me as an admin -> all this has done is make me more likely to need to recuse myself from making team server decisions or being super involved in the public discussions about it.

the ironic thing is, though, that i agreed with the idea that team had major problems and even suggested it be shut down until we're able to address them. so in the end, you turned the admin that aligned with you the most into someone who really can't weigh in on the issue as much as he'd like anymore at a time we're finally getting to the point of being able to address the issues.

are you sure you don't support TSO?

Edited By: Pang on Feb 13th 2012, 0:11:18
See Original Post
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff
pangaea [at] earthempires [dot] com

Boxcar - Earth Empires Clan & Alliance Hosting
http://www.boxcarhosting.com

archaic Game profile

Feb 13th 2012, 0:15:25

Originally posted by Terror:
I was more seeking a response from pang at this point since people like archaic are beyond reason and would waste my time in ways that will never solve the problem. Having hotheads call me a worthless piece of fluff or anything else doesn't concern me.

I don't reason with the likes of you Terror. Sitting there claiming to 'have a country that you don't want to use', and thinking that people are going to roll over for your lame ass passive aggressive petulance is beyond hubris. It makes me look sane.

Oh, for the record PP, everyone HAS gotten together and destroyed an entire server - ORDER killed 4A many moons ago. It was a very similar group, I was in it then too. It was just as fun listening to people whine and cry then as it is now. The difference is that even lucifer didn't suicide random strangers in 1A.
Cheating Mod Hall of Shame: Dark Morbid, Turtle Crawler, Sov

Devestation Game profile

Feb 13th 2012, 0:39:45

I'll have a debate with you later on that one Terror, but I know that you and The Fist are living proof that you don't need success in the game to exist as a community. Chasing after an alliance in a different server that coincidentally (like 3-4 others) happens to share some of the same members is a pointless activity. Most likely, TSO is going to be a little beefed up next set in Team.

Pontius Pirate

EE Patron

Feb 13th 2012, 0:49:54

Originally posted by elvesrus:
Looking through past posts of pontius pirate, this just looks like an excuse to do what he wanted to do anyway
kind of sounds like you trying avoid responsibility for having us suicide on PDM specifically instead of countries who RoR untaggeds and the other stuff we've been focusing on for the past 3 sets or so.
Originally posted by Cerberus:

This guy is destroying the U.S. Dollars position as the preferred exchange for international trade. The Chinese Ruan is going to replace it soon, then the U.S. will not have control of the IMF

Detmer Game profile

Feb 13th 2012, 0:58:25

Originally posted by Pontius Pirate:
Originally posted by Detmer:
Acting like TSO's recent actions are any different than what has been going on in that server is completely unrealistic and just a testament to how broken that server has always been.

No clan before TSO ever went and killed the entire server for fun...

Small step from the previous gangbangs on various groups. The scale is the only change. In principle it is the same old.

Pontius Pirate

EE Patron

Feb 13th 2012, 1:02:37

Acting like TSO's recent actions are any different than what has been going on in that server is completely unrealistic and just a testament to how broken that server has always been.

Small step from the previous gangbangs on various groups. The scale is the only change. In principle it is the same old.
Yeah, I'd agree and I fought the old powers on the server.

That being said, the scale is a significant change. Also, fighting RD or WoG worked because they cared about the server. Fighting TSO is futile because no one there cares about their Team server rank.

This guy is destroying the U.S. Dollars position as the preferred exchange for international trade. The Chinese Ruan is going to replace it soon, then the U.S. will not have control of the IMF

Detmer Game profile

Feb 13th 2012, 1:08:03

Yeah, I'd agree and I fought the old powers on the server.

That being said, the scale is a significant change. Also, fighting RD or WoG worked because they cared about the server. Fighting TSO is futile because no one there cares about their Team server rank.

Cool, well at one time I advocated for change to have the spirit of the server enforced. Now that I have been targeted by this half-brained effort I am anti-team server. The team server's existence should not ruin my general Earth game play. If the team server is not good for anyone then it just shouldn't exist.

Terror Game profile

Feb 13th 2012, 1:11:29

Forgive the pun, but if I am looking for a paradigm shift, shouldn't I look to Paradigm? Statements about how no change can be made only suggests that no change should be made on my end.

This is the existence large and powerful alliances select. I think it's pretty destructive, but if this is the measure I must take to have something in common with my clanmates, then so be it.

If there is a community wide commitment to social irresponsibility, I consider it completely within the spirit of the game being played. The only difference between me and most other suiciders is that I am willing to put a name and even a face if you do the research to who I am.

The name of our game right now is bullies vs. suiciders. There are no server boundries. What, you don't like this game? Me neither.

I don't like suiciders, but I have to tell you from the core of my being, I like bullies less.

I will never hit #403. Live long and prosper.

Jiman Game profile

Feb 13th 2012, 1:15:52

Fighting TSO is futile because no one there cares about their Team server rank.

I have never ever cared about rank when I played this game.
Was I supposed to? I think not.

Helmet Game profile

Feb 13th 2012, 1:19:01

Forgive the pun, but if I am looking for a paradigm shift, shouldn't I look to Paradigm? Statements about how no change can be made only suggests that no change should be made on my end.

This is the existence large and powerful alliances select. I think it's pretty destructive, but if this is the measure I must take to have something in common with my clanmates, then so be it.

If there is a community wide commitment to social irresponsibility, I consider it completely within the spirit of the game being played. The only difference between me and most other suiciders is that I am willing to put a name and even a face if you do the research to who I am.

The name of our game right now is bullies vs. suiciders. There are no server boundries. What, you don't like this game? Me neither.

I don't like suiciders, but I have to tell you from the core of my being, I like bullies less.

Great story, except your attacking people that have never played Team Server, so what you're doing is pretty fluffing stupid. If you guys had half a brain you would have found the exact countries of the people you wanted to get revenge on and hit those countries specifically. Instead you're acting just as poorly, if not even more so, than the actions you're so outraged by.

archaic Game profile

Feb 13th 2012, 1:22:19

Detmer, you are going to get carpal tunnel for nothing trying to reason with the likes of Terror and PP. They are getting their lulz suiciding us, just like TSO and co. get lulz kicking the team server while its down.

I grow bored, Terror - if you ever grow a set and decide to actually act on your threat of suiciding PDM, hurry up and do it - I want to watch the Whitney Houston tribute aka the Grammys. The gayer I act, the more sex my wife gives me. I don't understand it - but whatever.

Grimm Game profile

Feb 13th 2012, 1:23:25

Originally posted by elvesrus:
kind of sounds like you trying avoid responsibility for having us suicide on PDM specifically instead of countries who RoR untaggeds and the other stuff we've been focusing on for the past 3 sets or so.

Didn't we established that you're not quite sure why you're attacking PDM?

Detmer Game profile

Feb 13th 2012, 1:24:18

So how is attacking someone to get them to do what you want not a form of bullying? You can't beat someone into social "responsibility". My desire to not be coerced is far greater than my desire to help people who attempt to spread their plight to me. A verbal cry for help would have been the only possible way to get anyone to sympathize with you.

archaic Game profile

Feb 13th 2012, 1:43:08

Thats not true, Detmer would do almost anything for sex or really good weed.

For that matter, so would I.

chem20 Game profile

Feb 13th 2012, 1:54:10

oh no!

Pontius Pirate

EE Patron

Feb 13th 2012, 1:55:54

Originally posted by Helmet:

Great story, except your attacking people that have never played Team Server, so what you're doing is pretty fluffing stupid. If you guys had half a brain you would have found the exact countries of the people you wanted to get revenge on and hit those countries specifically. Instead you're acting just as poorly, if not even more so, than the actions you're so outraged by.

#1 400+ posts on this thread and I've yet to see any TSO member other than archaic who isn't a member post their country numbers here to keep their clanmates from being hit
#2 if you want revenge (not that I'm saying that's the name of Terror's game)... hit the people these guys "care" about instead of their own countries. probably makes them feel worse.

Sir Balin Game profile

Feb 13th 2012, 2:25:08

Forgive the pun, but if I am looking for a paradigm shift, shouldn't I look to Paradigm?

I respect your ambition in attempting to eke out the moral high ground in this situation when the facts stack against you. We can keep talking past each other for another 12 pages if you want.

The fact is that there *are* server boundaries. Different servers for different communities wanting different gameplay. As in, playing a different game. I tried Team server once many months back and quit after a couple hundred turns when it was obvious that the spirit of the server was not being enforced. If it took TSO killing everyone for you to notice this, well, that's one thing. The fact that you jumped over to another game and fired your gun basically at random precludes you from staking the moral high ground.

You absolutely will not succeed in achieving your goals through the method you've chosen, and it's not because anyone is resistant to change. It's because you acted out of desperation and hurt the people you are asking for help. Appeals to a universal code of ethics are simply not applicable to the mess you made here.

Terror Game profile

Feb 13th 2012, 2:52:40

Poisoning the well is a poor debate strategy.

Listen to my points rather than my reputation--good or bad.

I'm not a bully Detmer because I picked a fight against a bigger opponent. I'm on the losing side of aggression and that is a huge distinction. I'm just a thorn in the paw of the lion.

If I'm evil it's from ignorance and the leadership I followed. I have a job, and while it allows me some leisure, I can never be fully versed in all politics.

Some here are ranting at me to get me to lash out in anger. I won't do that. In fact, if it were just my own needs, I'd just leave. I have friends who want to play. This is the game they have been left.

Please understand that I'm not the sort of person that would hurt your dog. It's a game. I'd like to play. I'd prefer to play with my long-time friends as an alliance--maybe even alliance server.

My thoughts are my own. I claim no leadership in this. I just talk without being followed.

But I'm still talking so there is still some possibility for peace if some can see past rage.

elvesrus

Feb 13th 2012, 3:02:20

Originally posted by Helmet:

#1 400+ posts on this thread and I've yet to see any TSO member other than archaic who isn't a member post their country numbers here to keep their clanmates from being hit
#2 if you want revenge (not that I'm saying that's the name of Terror's game)... hit the people these guys "care" about instead of their own countries. probably makes them feel worse.

1. if you read the edit to archics posts way back, you'd see it was done by martian stating that we can't claim ownership of countries that are alive. ask and you shall receive. you have failed to ask.

2. it doesn't make me feel worse, especially with all the great recruiting you've done

Pontius Pirate

EE Patron

Feb 13th 2012, 3:17:19

You can reach me by PM with those countries if you want and if we can target them we will. I'd like more than 1 though, that's just a bit pointless :/

elvesrus

Feb 13th 2012, 3:22:36

only number I give out is my own

Terror Game profile

Feb 13th 2012, 3:24:59

In fact, from PDM, exactly 2.

ETPlayer Game profile

Feb 13th 2012, 3:39:18

LETS ALL KILL EACH OTHER IN A LULZ-WAR FOR THE LULZ.

snawdog Game profile

Feb 13th 2012, 3:54:57

Everyone talking about TSO/Wog/RD/FBI/Untags/small tags...
Seems to me that EVERYONE is missing the point that the Team Server is,at this point,completely broken...If you let ANY tags run rampant /have several tags on a 5 man server...can't fix that.
ICQ 364553524
msn

archaic Game profile

Feb 13th 2012, 3:58:35

I'll be damned if we are going to send your plague of stupidity to infect other innocent tribes PP. You and Mr. Passive Aggressive have a hard on for PDM, its PDM you'll get.

Fact is, your merry band of scum are dead, unless you are tagged Terror, you'll not be doing anyone any real harm now. As you were recently in PDM, we've already distributed your IP to other alliance leaders so you cant hide in their tag and suicide.

"Young fool... only now, in the end, do you understand. Use your aggressive feelings boy - let the hate flow through you! Strike me down with all of your hatred and your journey towards the dark side will be complete."

gobbly Game profile

Feb 13th 2012, 4:28:08

So someone couldn't compete on team so they decide to be annoying on alliance. Good show!

And I would work on strategy. If your goal was to make PDM members annoyed at our own, giving us a cause to rally together against is counter productive :) Then again, your premise was flawed, as none of us really care what someone does on some other server, but we like bringing it when someone steps up to fight :)

gobbly Game profile

Feb 13th 2012, 4:34:31

d'oh!

pele Game profile

Feb 13th 2012, 6:18:10

pp hitting pdm because of tso is just twisted, since tso has members from most alliances. So your not hurting tso by hitting pdm. Your probably just helping 99% of the tso members in Alliance to get a higher rank.

TAN Game profile

Feb 13th 2012, 7:40:08

Someone PM me the alliances Pontius Pirate & co are closest to on this server.

I am still trying to decide whether I want to delete my site access to PDM, detag for 72 hours, and suicide on those alliances.
FREEEEEDOM!!!

dLpLow Game profile

Feb 13th 2012, 8:37:46

likes TANs idea :P
poor laf
10:36 ee: GS pLow is HERE (#422) [SoF] --> Oslo 1952 (#201) [LaF] -- 2C/81F
And for you freaks.
http://www.mediafire.com/...7cfyj1ley48a/IMG_0973.m4v
http://www.mediafire.com/download/h1tcgo1

toma Game profile

Feb 13th 2012, 12:22:56

TAN from the clans that are still alive i've last played in imag!
Originally posted by Slagpit:
Ruining peoples fun for no reason is okay, but ruining it for a reason I disagree with isn't okay. Never change, community.

KingKaosKnows

Feb 13th 2012, 13:53:39

I felt the frustration of getting killed for no reason, but suiciding PDM was a mistake, team server problems got thrown to the wrong people, TSO isn't a collection of alliance players, is a collection of the war hungry players of this game, just check the list of players and leaders.

They have fun warring and killing, is a shame they had to ruin our fun in team server to have their own, but I won't be a hypocrite, if anything this situation in team server shows they need their own place/server to war with eachother.

So I support detmer idea of making a new server to give a home to all the war crazed players of this game, but I don't support team server closing.

Boltar Game profile

Feb 13th 2012, 14:06:05

I'll drop a hint. I'm a clan whore who wargasms cause I like sol hitting 75 resets

Boltar Game profile

Feb 13th 2012, 14:08:34

I will not pm u pp as I lead tso and everyone knows we war and we don't hide countrys anyone can find us. U are taking the cowards way out. Tag up and show where u are and alliance server will do what team should have done stick up for themselves instead of crying and complaining about it

ZIP Game profile

Feb 13th 2012, 14:24:29

who the fluff is going to read 12 pages from what could be summed up in less then 1?
fluff your 300 Spartans fool - i have 32 of the biggest fluffed mother fluffers made of titanium !!
A brigade from Blackstreetboyz (#91) has invaded your lands! Your defenses held against the invaders and forced them away! Your military lost:1 Troops

archaic Game profile

Feb 13th 2012, 14:29:54

stfu ZIP! This thread is trying to break records, dont you come along and say something that could derail it!

archaic Game profile

Feb 13th 2012, 14:54:05

Yay - another retard to kill! Is #750 your scary alliance suicider death star Terror?

Killa Game profile

Feb 13th 2012, 16:32:26

Usually Terror plays in sanct..

So if you are pissed i'd be pissed at them
+Killa

archaic Game profile

Feb 13th 2012, 16:56:31

Meh, I have no beef with Sanct or Sof or anybody else. I just don't want people hitting PDM for no reason. Hell, for that matter I don't want people hitting PDM even if they have a good reason. Its nothing personal - no matter how it may sound sometimes - its my job to protect the flag, and I take pride in doing that job.

KingKaosKnows

Feb 13th 2012, 18:05:39

Wait don't strir fluff...

Now are we going to turn into bitter people that blame whole alliances for the actions a member/leader took while playing untagged?

Because if you raise this point Evo/LaF fluff will start...

Wharfed

Feb 13th 2012, 19:47:24

there's a lot of posts in this thread. New record?
>Wharfed

ABOYNE (vb.) To beat an expert at a game of skill by playing so appallingly bad that none of his clever tactics or strategies are of any use to him.

archaic Game profile

Feb 13th 2012, 19:51:35

nope, I checked last night - we're in the running but some of the 'bonus post' threads have us beat. I only went back a year or so - unfortunately there is no sort button for number of posts.

I WAS sorely tempted to raise a couple of old threads from the dead, but my necromancy skills are lacking

**cough cough, forum mod?

Terror Game profile

Feb 13th 2012, 22:44:32

At this point, this is as far as I am willing and able to take this topic in this medium. I got what I wanted. Awareness has been raised, and a fair few people are noticing that all the people playing in all the servers are effectively one community even though not everyone would want that.

I'm not sure if I will feel like dropping back in here, so if you want to communicate with me, you might want to just send a PM.

Hobo Game profile

Feb 13th 2012, 23:21:18

ROFL @ all the mad and butthurt in this thread.

CrazyMatt Game profile

Feb 13th 2012, 23:28:00

HAHAHA

Boltar Game profile

Feb 13th 2012, 23:45:21

Me and my misfits on team server I love it

Wharfed

Feb 14th 2012, 1:33:14

Originally posted by Hobo:
ROFL @ all the mad and butthurt in this thread.

yup. I agree :D
>Wharfed

ABOYNE (vb.) To beat an expert at a game of skill by playing so appallingly bad that none of his clever tactics or strategies are of any use to him.

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Feb 14th 2012, 2:00:30

ya, we're past it now.

hopefully the suiciders are too :p
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff
pangaea [at] earthempires [dot] com

Boxcar - Earth Empires Clan & Alliance Hosting
http://www.boxcarhosting.com

Chaoswind Game profile