Verified:

AxAlar Game profile

Feb 10th 2012, 16:36:28

Originally posted by Pang:
Axa:

EE is something I do in my free time. It's a hobby.
Leading PDM is something I do in my free time. It's a hobby.

but since you want to criticize me... maybe I should criticize you a little too, eh?
how about that time you put yourself ahead of the game/community by giving all those Jared Loughner posts to the Wall Street Journal in exchange for a free dinner? did you think you would get more than a dinner?

that nearly caused Boxcar's server to be taken by the FBI, and if it wasn't for some good negotiating by me+TC, it would have been taken. it also wasted a lot of me, qz and slag's time dealing with the fallout + media + bullfluff. it was also a black eye on this game and something that shouldn't have been made public in the first place.

you have no right to criticize me for anything I do after you pulled that stunt.

Deflect, deflect, deflect! I did what I thought was right in getting the information out there, Jared was obviously facing some sort of psychotic illness and getting that information out there helped put a lot of perspective on the situation that hurt a lot of groups of people. If you think I did it for a free dinner you're an idiot, what more could have I expected? I refused even to give my name. Not to mention I ended up having face to face meetings with the FBI to help expose any further information I had on the situation.

Do you also not recall telling me that EE had got tons of traffic from it? And you did not sound like you viewed that as a bad thing at all. In fact, you treated that as a bright point in the situation.
-AxA
Mercenary for Hire
AIM: I The Brandon
MSN:

AxAlar Game profile

Feb 10th 2012, 16:38:58

Originally posted by Detmer:
Originally posted by AxAlar:
I'll reprise my example cause it has some major holes:

The guy lives in Country A which runs along the border of Country B. Country B and Country A have no extradition, and therefore no "police" that cross jurisdiction (as we have no "police" that crosses servers - however that doesnt limit us from being in either server). The man lives in Country A but decides he'd like to go to Country B and beat the fluff out of women. He does this on a monthly basis. He returns home and openly admits his beatings in Country A. However, the people in Country B only know the general vicinity of where he is in Country A. If they call him out, they know Country A won't surrender him anyway, because of nationalism and the want to protect their own. The loved ones of Country B then decide "hey fluff it, you want to protect someone who comes into our country and intentionally fluffs with people, then we'll bomb the general vicinity the person lives in." Is that so wrong if Country A has complete disregard for the guys actions in Country B? At that point Country A basically becomes an accomplice. Neither the actions of the man is correct, nor are the actions of the people in Country B launching an attack, however, Country A could just fix it by exiling the guy, doing the right thing.

The actions of the people in country B are unjustified. If the people in country B know who the problem is, they should deal with him next time he is on their turf. HTH.

Detmer, they dont know exactly where he is, as it says. Would you have told pontius pirate et al, the countries that belonged to the people running a muck in Team and bringing unwarranted attention to PDM? If yes, my argument is null
-AxA
Mercenary for Hire
MSN:

archaic Game profile

Feb 10th 2012, 16:41:03

dammit Pang, can I not make even the occasional offensive epithet? ;p

bring it hohiro, prove what an awesome player you are by creating an untagged suicider

(FTR, team server has NEVER been fun)

Pang, can I call this crybaby a fluff?

hohiro, you are a fluff
Cheating Mod Hall of Shame: Dark Morbid, Turtle Crawler, Sov

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Feb 10th 2012, 16:41:08

axa: you didn't do what was right. if you did what was right you would have listened to me when I told you to hold onto the posts until we could contact the police.

where does that say "hey let's run to the WSJ?"

we got tons of traffic, but it wasn't good traffic... it was ppl coming to look at the posts or to view the homepage and bounce and a few folks posts/sent angry msgs. a few send nicer ones later once the issue was dying down. it was a black eye for the community regardless.

and archaic, yes... just try to stay away from "loaded words" :p

Edited By: Pang on Feb 10th 2012, 16:45:26
See Original Post
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff
pangaea [at] earthempires [dot] com

Boxcar - Earth Empires Clan & Alliance Hosting
http://www.boxcarhosting.com

martian Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Feb 10th 2012, 16:41:21

@Axa: part of being able to make improvements to the game is to play the game itself to get a feel for what is going on.

More to the point: when you are volunteering your time for something, your motivation for doing it diminishes when people treat you badly. And before you go there, that is in no way to say that tags shouldn't beat on pdm out of fear of delaying game development (I'm neither endorsing nor discouraging beating on pdm), just like you shouldn't worry about doing bad things to sof (within the game rules) because you think I might delete you for it in alliance.

There are serious issues with team server and there is the beginnings of a discussion on how to fix it. The point is that it hasn't been gotten to yet as other changes were further up the list (most of what has been implemented is backend stuff designed for security/stability/cleaning up the code and to make changes easier). There's a change involving restarting that will be pushed forward soon and changes to express that are close to entering the implementation phase based on discussion there.
Fixing team is much harder and that is probably going to be the next project but will take longer.

Note that changes are slow in part because testing takes time and we like to take the time to get input and discuss.

Even if coding time was not an issue, it still would take several weeks of discussion/debugging/balancing even to implement small/medium scale changes because we prefer to do it right.
you are all special in the eyes of fluff
(|(|
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )

RUN IT IS A KILLER BUNNY!!!

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Feb 10th 2012, 16:44:31

Originally posted by martian:
@Axa: part of being able to make improvements to the game is to play the game itself to get a feel for what is going on.

More to the point: when you are volunteering your time for something, your motivation for doing it diminishes when people treat you badly. And before you go there, that is in no way to say that tags shouldn't beat on pdm out of fear of delaying game development (I'm neither endorsing nor discouraging beating on pdm), just like you shouldn't worry about doing bad things to sof (within the game rules) because you think I might delete you for it in alliance.

my point was that if your goal is to facilitate change, you should probably actually think about how your actions will impact the change you want. like I know that if PDM was to hit Evo tomorrow, qz and I wouldn't be getting much EE work done over the weekend. :p
it's the way it goes :p

folks should definitely do whatever to our alliances, of course, but if your goal is to facilitate game changes, and this was clearly the point of the suiciding based on PP's dumb posts, you should take that under consideration as well, eh?
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff

Hohiro Game profile

Feb 10th 2012, 16:45:28

Originally posted by archaic:
dammit Pang, can I not make even the occasional offensive epithet? ;p

bring it hohiro, prove what an awesome player you are by creating an untagged suicider

(FTR, team server has NEVER been fun)

Pang, can I call this crybaby a fluff?

hohiro, you are a fluff

Oh well, i see your argumenting is so great, you can do nothing else than calling names? You arent better than the others, because you came to team server just to do what the others do here. It doesnt help bragging around and insulting others ...

mazooka Game profile

Feb 10th 2012, 16:47:19

I make alliance lol country too.

Im glad you guys are all cool with this playing style again!

AxAlar Game profile

Feb 10th 2012, 16:47:43

Again, not challenging him playing. Challenging him citing playing as a reason for not being able to code. In reality, I don't think it takes away from Pang coding that much, and I think he still does an outstanding job of it. I just get tired of reading it every time he willing puts himself in a position that ties him up from coding the least bit then cries foul.

I can see the double edged sword here, a little. Though I suppose I still lean towards my original position. I don't think anyone has treated Pang badly in the suiciding situation though, other than causing work for him in the position he took on himself.
-AxA
Mercenary for Hire
MSN:

archaic Game profile

Feb 10th 2012, 16:48:49

my country # on alliance is []

my country # on team is []

I reiterate, bring it you cowardly chickenfluff backstabbing pussies

I have not played team in almost a year, but rest assured, I'll be suiciding somebody there every set from now on - who you ask? Well, apparently it does not really matter.
[You cannot claim ownership of countries on the forums]

Edited By: martian on Feb 10th 2012, 16:58:46

de1i Game profile

Feb 10th 2012, 16:50:40

Dibs.

Hohiro Game profile

Feb 10th 2012, 16:51:36

[quote poster=archaic; 15347; 276103]my country # on alliance is []

my country # on team is []

I reiterate, bring it you cowardly chickenfluff backstabbing pussies

I have not played team in almost a year, but rest assured, I'll be suiciding somebody there every set from now on - who you ask? Well, apparently it does not really matter. [/quote]

Haha, you dont get it, i dont care like most others. we left there because of people who act like ... err .. you. i will problably not even continue playing alliance (yes i play tagged here :P) seeing this idiotic behavior here, too.

Edited By: martian on Feb 10th 2012, 16:59:30

AxAlar Game profile

Feb 10th 2012, 16:51:44

my point was that if your goal is to facilitate change, you should probably actually think about how your actions will impact the change you want. like I know that if PDM was to hit Evo tomorrow, qz and I wouldn't be getting much EE work done over the weekend. :p
it's the way it goes :p

folks should definitely do whatever to our alliances, of course, but if your goal is to facilitate game changes, and this was clearly the point of the suiciding based on PP's dumb posts, you should take that under consideration as well, eh?

If game changes through coding was the point, I completely missed the bus on this argument, no denial there. However, seems to me the point was more to pull PDMs attention to their problematic members and get them in trouble. Pang being in PDM was, as I saw it, more a coincidence. But if it was on purpose because Pang is in PDM, that totally changes things and Pang's whining is warranted (and therefore not whining). In which case PP is taking advantage of Pang's status and is therefore a flufffluff.
-AxA
Mercenary for Hire
MSN:

Detmer Game profile

Feb 10th 2012, 16:52:45

I'll reprise my example cause it has some major holes:

The guy lives in Country A which runs along the border of Country B. Country B and Country A have no extradition, and therefore no "police" that cross jurisdiction (as we have no "police" that crosses servers - however that doesnt limit us from being in either server). The man lives in Country A but decides he'd like to go to Country B and beat the fluff out of women. He does this on a monthly basis. He returns home and openly admits his beatings in Country A. However, the people in Country B only know the general vicinity of where he is in Country A. If they call him out, they know Country A won't surrender him anyway, because of nationalism and the want to protect their own. The loved ones of Country B then decide "hey fluff it, you want to protect someone who comes into our country and intentionally fluffs with people, then we'll bomb the general vicinity the person lives in." Is that so wrong if Country A has complete disregard for the guys actions in Country B? At that point Country A basically becomes an accomplice. Neither the actions of the man is correct, nor are the actions of the people in Country B launching an attack, however, Country A could just fix it by exiling the guy, doing the right thing.

The actions of the people in country B are unjustified. If the people in country B know who the problem is, they should deal with him next time he is on their turf. HTH.

Detmer, they dont know exactly where he is, as it says. Would you have told pontius pirate et al, the countries that belonged to the people running a muck in Team and bringing unwarranted attention to PDM? If yes, my argument is null

Obviously PDM is a separate entity from team and we would never have told anyone in team anything about a member in alliance. The point is, they need to deal with the issue on team, with where he plays in team. They don't need to know any target at all in alliance because that is not relevant. What is relevant is dealing with him when he is on your ground. If you can't deal with him when he is on your ground then you are weak and pathetic.

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 10th 2012, 16:55:14

AxA coding takes lots of time, to do it right at least, and for him to have a real live, play earth, and code is a lot to expect. He isn't a free slave that just sits in a box cranking out code like a monkey.

If he didn't play I doubt he would code...

AxAlar Game profile

Feb 10th 2012, 16:56:35

He isn't a free slave that just sits in a box cranking out code like a monkey.

Can we hire one of those?
-AxA
Mercenary for Hire
MSN:

de1i Game profile

Feb 10th 2012, 16:57:01

He isn't a free slave that just sits in a box cranking out code like a monkey.

Can we hire one of those?

*points at slagpit*

AxAlar Game profile

Feb 10th 2012, 16:58:15

If you can't deal with him when he is on your ground then you are weak and pathetic.

Great quote.
-AxA
Mercenary for Hire
MSN:

archaic Game profile

Feb 10th 2012, 16:59:14

lol, careful - that monkey flings poo!

Pontius Pirate

EE Patron

Feb 10th 2012, 17:05:39

Why would we deal with the issue on team?

#1) your members don't care about team - they're there to fluff around and kill people for no reason. funny how I'm not seeing much criticism of that except from Requiem.
#2) TSO is the size of every other tag on the team server
#3) TSO wants a war, why should we be accommodating them?
Originally posted by Cerberus:

This guy is destroying the U.S. Dollars position as the preferred exchange for international trade. The Chinese Ruan is going to replace it soon, then the U.S. will not have control of the IMF

Detmer Game profile

Feb 10th 2012, 17:05:48

so I just saw a list of active TSO members... there are two PDMers on that list and one of them doesn't even have a country in PDM which makes me wonder if he is still a PDMer... the people who decided to suicide are perhaps the dumbest people to have ever graced EE. Congrats on that distinction!

Detmer Game profile

Feb 10th 2012, 17:08:17

Originally posted by Pontius Pirate:
Why would we deal with the issue on team?
Because this issue only relates to team and has nothing to do with any other server. If you want to take your grievances to unrelated places, why don't you go rage punch a baby?

#1) your members don't care about team - they're there to fluff around and kill people for no reason. funny how I'm not seeing much criticism of that except from Requiem.

You're right - our members don't care about team at all... we seem to only have one member in PDM who even plays in TSO... it is not something even on our radar... we play alliance

#2) TSO is the size of every other tag on the team server

ok... and? what does that have to do with anything?

#3) TSO wants a war, why should we be accommodating them?

You shouldn't be if you don't want to be... so what does this have to do with PDM or alliance again?

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Feb 10th 2012, 17:08:22

so I just saw a list of active TSO members... there are two PDMers on that list and one of them doesn't even have a country in PDM which makes me wonder if he is still a PDMer... the people who decided to suicide are perhaps the dumbest people to have ever graced EE. Congrats on that distinction!

i saw the same list.

you guys are barking up the wrong tree.
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff

Mapleson Game profile

Feb 10th 2012, 17:11:14

I could see the reason for hitting PDM if PDM represented a majority of TSO players, but as far as I know TSO is a collection of people from various alliances. If you want to stand up to TSO recruit and organise instead of hitting innocent by-standers.

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 10th 2012, 17:11:15

Does PP have beef with PDM outside of this issue? I, like Detmer, am dumfounded at why we are being targeted. And that is even at the fact that it is still cross server.

PP, we are level headed. We can empathize with you when you set gets ruined by flufftards (Hello PDM has dealt with that lots in the past). I'm not saying they were not flufftards to come to team and kill you for no reason, but I am saying it is screwed up for you to come here and do the same to people who have no vested interest in your server.... You may, however, have made more enemies.

You should at least target the one's responsible not us. Like Detmer said: " the people who decided to suicide are perhaps the dumbest people to have ever graced EE"

sigma Game profile

Feb 10th 2012, 17:11:31

Well.. I would be willing to bet that if a clan came to 1A from another game (say mars or whatever) and was the same size as the rest of 1a combined and started killing the rest of the server; all 1a alliance heads would take note, get huge ass warchats going and take care of the problem.

Pontius Pirate

EE Patron

Feb 10th 2012, 17:12:07

i saw the same list.

Well, we haven't seen any lists but we've seen posts by Boltar, Jiman, Elvesrus and Archaic defending TSO. Nothing notable by anyone else.

Maybe you'd like to post the members list here so we can improve our targeting for next set?

This guy is destroying the U.S. Dollars position as the preferred exchange for international trade. The Chinese Ruan is going to replace it soon, then the U.S. will not have control of the IMF

de1i Game profile

Feb 10th 2012, 17:14:22

PDM IS THE 99% PERCENT, OCCUPY PDM.

archaic Game profile

Feb 10th 2012, 17:16:20

Boltar and Jiman have never played in PDM and placing elves and I among TSO leadership because we post a lot is like putting dagga in Sol leadership because he posts a lot

PP, you are retarded

SirSepher Game profile

Feb 10th 2012, 17:16:56

No, you should be dealing with this on the Team server where the problem lies. Either a) get a team, (or group of teams), together to defend your members or b) come to alliance and join an alliance that likes to war and kill some stuff. suiciding against people who don't know or care about your bs on Team server is just. plain. stupid.
-Sir Sepher
Old Fogey learning to play again
PDM FTW
For the glory of Camelot

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Feb 10th 2012, 17:18:08

Boltar=SoF FA
Jiman=SoL FA
Elvesrus= this is his first round as a leader in PDM. he has never once suggested that we kill everyone else. even while drunk.
Archaic=said he hasn't played for TSO in a long time.

there's plenty more well known earthers on TSO's memberlist in leadership/advisor roles for most major alliances. I won't out them here, though.

But like I said, you're barking up the wrong tree.
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff

Detmer Game profile

Feb 10th 2012, 17:19:21

So PP, are you guys going to run land farms for us the rest of the round as reparations or how are you going to fix this mistake?

AxAlar Game profile

Feb 10th 2012, 17:20:09

Originally posted by archaic:
Boltar and Jiman have never played in PDM and placing elves and I among TSO leadership because we post a lot is like putting dagga in Sol leadership because he posts a lot

PP, you are retarded

Dagga doesnt run SOL!?
-AxA
Mercenary for Hire
MSN:

de1i Game profile

Feb 10th 2012, 17:20:11

TSO Members list:
<Edit: Not a copy and paste from LCNostra's contact list meant as a bad joke gone wrong here!>

Edited By: de1i on Feb 11th 2012, 3:11:05
See Original Post

AxAlar Game profile

Feb 10th 2012, 17:20:38

Originally posted by Mapleson:
I could see the reason for hitting PDM if PDM represented a majority of TSO players, but as far as I know TSO is a collection of people from various alliances. If you want to stand up to TSO recruit and organise instead of hitting innocent by-standers.

This.
-AxA
Mercenary for Hire
MSN:

Detmer Game profile

Feb 10th 2012, 17:20:45

Originally posted by Pontius Pirate:

i saw the same list.

Well, we haven't seen any lists but we've seen posts by Boltar, Jiman, Elvesrus and Archaic defending TSO. Nothing notable by anyone else.

Maybe you'd like to post the members list here so we can improve our targeting for next set?

If that is what you have to go on, then why did you think your actions would have any affect on anything... all you have done is piss off innocent by-standers while all the people involved sit and laugh at your stupidity.

AxAlar Game profile

Feb 10th 2012, 17:21:25

Originally posted by de1i:
TSO Members list:
Purposeful1
MAC
Assassin
Theseus
Trife
Deci

NOw thats a cause worth suiciding for! Minus on Assassin, cause he's scary.
-AxA
Mercenary for Hire
MSN:

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 10th 2012, 17:24:46

TSO Members list:
Purposeful1
MAC
Assassin
Theseus
Trife
Deci

One flaw, they are not PDMers.

Pontius Pirate

EE Patron

Feb 10th 2012, 17:25:08

TSO Members list:
Purposeful1
MAC
Assassin
Theseus
Trife
Deci

We actually did that once because of FBI/WoG :P Heard kind of the same arguments "we're not all LCN" and "this will just bring us onto the other server to kill you again" but strangely it just ended up in Ravi not posting as actively on TT anymore :(

Pontius Pirate

EE Patron

Feb 10th 2012, 17:28:56

So PP, are you guys going to run land farms for us the rest of the round as reparations or how are you going to fix this mistake?
Probably a better idea if you let Sir Balin handle this because I can see you're not taking the suiciding so well :(

Originally posted by Mapleson:

Well ideally we would have had access to TSO's members list and picked hte best represented clan, but I've repeatedly explained why hitting TSO on Team would have been completely pointless and recruiting 40 people on a server where the existing organized playerbase was 50 is pointless. Also, hitting innocent bystanders is always wayyyyyyyy more effective.

And to the people threatening us on Alliance - lol. Not sure you guys get it. We played Team. We didn't play Alliance. Now we'll ruin your fun here.

Chaoswind Game profile

Feb 10th 2012, 17:29:57

mostly SoL, LCN and Neofed

I find it funny that at least 5 pdm members came forward saying that they quit team this set because they got killed by TSO, and their morale is super low because they are getting hit in alliance server for no reason as well.

also when TSO FSed we lost 3 people that said they would take a set off and didn't elaborate on the details, so taking the dates into account, I would guess they took a set off because of TSO as well.

heck looking at both list you probably had more pdm members on your side that against you, further confirmed by our drop of members this set, so yeah PP is a fluffing retard that fails at any kind of investigation.
Elysium Lord of fluff
PDM Lord of fluff
Flamey = Fatty
Crazymatt is Fatty 2

Pontius Pirate

EE Patron

Feb 10th 2012, 17:40:28

Originally posted by Chaoswind:
mostly SoL, LCN and Neofed

Thanks. We have some countries left, this is useful information.

crest23 Game profile

Feb 10th 2012, 17:41:15

Wait, so PP goes from Team to alliance to cause havoc and he is a server terrorist? But Boltar and co, go from alliance to team and it's all good? The lack of common sense in people,..... That's the power of collective stupidity.
The Nigerian Nightmare.

Sir Balin Game profile

Feb 10th 2012, 17:41:19

can't think of a fitting analogy to describe the mindlessness of these suiciders.

Lowbacca Game profile

Feb 10th 2012, 17:41:46

Oi Pointless Pirate, get back into your box on the Team server and take your sorry excuse for "TEAMmates" with you!

Lowbacca
Paradigm
Head of Border Control

Pontius Pirate

EE Patron

Feb 10th 2012, 17:43:30

Originally posted by crest23:
Wait, so PP goes from Team to alliance to cause havoc and he is a server terrorist? But Boltar and co, go from alliance to team and it's all good? The lack of common sense in people,..... That's the power of collective stupidity.
+1

Haven't really heard much criticism of the PDM members heading up TSO.

Detmer Game profile

Feb 10th 2012, 17:43:54

Boltar and whoever didn't go to team in an effort to scare people into changing their ways, so yes it is different and not terroristic. I am sorry that is hard for you to understand.

Pontius Pirate

EE Patron

Feb 10th 2012, 17:44:24

How about instead of thinking about this in terms of us "getting revenge" for you guys on team, you just think of this as us coming here to fluff around like your members do on Team?

Pontius Pirate

EE Patron

Feb 10th 2012, 17:44:58

Boltar and whoever didn't go to team in an effort to scare people into changing their ways, so yes it is different and not terroristic. I am sorry that is hard for you to understand.
So it's better if you do it for the sake of random destruction? Ok then, we're here because suiciding is fun.

edit: they did go on Team to change Team btw. Decided to kill the server as part of their plan. Elvesrus has some nice posts on TT about that.

Lowbacca Game profile

Feb 10th 2012, 17:45:37

If you want to do that at least form an alliance and tag up
Lowbacca
Paradigm
Head of Border Control