Verified:

smegma Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 14th 2020, 21:28:59

Originally posted by DerrickICN:
Today we marched about 5,000 people from the police station, to the comissioners house, to the mayor's house and called them all fluffing idiots for it because we outnumber them significantly. If they want a fluffin war we gonna bring it to their houses and not our hoods. Made that p clear today. They listening and making changes.

Meh you would not get a block in my neighborhood before the first volley cut the first line of you down. Bring to my block. Bump stocks are awesome.

commander1972 Game profile

Jun 14th 2020, 21:29:15

its about respecting the law but having a hard time respecting those who enforce the law

smegma Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 14th 2020, 21:33:22

Originally posted by archaic:
White people make up ~ 60% of the US population
Black people make up ~ 13% of the US population

A black person is 5X as likely to be incarcerated in the US as a white person. That took about 30 seconds to google, I could probably dig into police encounters by race and shootings by race, but honestly its sunday and I'd rather feed the chickens and pick peppers.

And what is the ratio of people committing the crimes?

Yeah the justice system is slanted against blacks. But that does not mean that they are not committing 50% of the crimes.

You need to rework your number to represent the race of people committing crimes to the incarceration rate. Not the percentage of the population as a whole to the incarceration rate.

The_Hawk

Jun 14th 2020, 21:43:12

A black person is 5X as likely to be incarcerated in the US as a white person. That took about 30 seconds to google, I could probably dig into police encounters by race and shootings by race, but honestly its sunday and I'd rather feed the chickens and pick peppers.

Just got back from the beach and ready to go to bed.

https://ibb.co/BTF4KkJ
Dev encouraging it

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 15th 2020, 0:28:05

The highest number of blacks being jailed happens in blue strongholds, why?
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Jun 15th 2020, 11:12:11

Because blue strongholds have more black people as a proportion of the population in general. Which means more black people commiting crimes and more confrontation between police and black people.

Bug Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 15th 2020, 11:23:52

Also have the lowest educated individuals, and the lowest average wage..

Could have something to do with it also..

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 15th 2020, 11:39:27

Originally posted by Gerdler:
Because blue strongholds have more black people as a proportion of the population in general. Which means more black people commiting crimes and more confrontation between police and black people.

Yes, but why is it happening? Democrat party is suppose to be the safe space for minorities, yeah? Or have we been lied to for 60+ years?

*cough*weonlycareaboutyou*cough*everyfouryears*cough*
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)

smegma Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 15th 2020, 12:24:31

Originally posted by Bug:

exactly. because the teachers unions run the cities and give nothing back to the community to prepare people for real life.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 15th 2020, 12:37:53

Originally posted by smegma:
Originally posted by Bug:

exactly. because the teachers unions run the cities and give nothing back to the community to prepare people for real life.

Agreed 100%

You can't continue to pour water into a leaky barrel, stop the leaks first!
(•_•)

Kahuna Game profile

Jun 15th 2020, 17:52:39

Hawk a creek in the middle of the woods is not a beach lol.

Also all you need to tfu already this fluff is just boring af go protest if not tfu already.

The_Hawk

Jun 15th 2020, 18:06:22

Originally posted by Kahuna:
Hawk a creek in the middle of the woods is not a beach lol.

Also all you need to tfu already this fluff is just boring af go protest if not tfu already.

We might not have crystal clear blue water but we hit a patch of green water early in the am. Caught some gafftop and one little shark.

Galveston beaches are like giant septic systems imo.

Dev encouraging it

Red X Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express & Team

Jun 15th 2020, 18:57:37

Hawk can fish now.

Hawk, is Galveston beach the pier you took me too?
My attitude is that of a Hulk smash
Mixed with Tony Montana snortin' bags of his coke stash
http://nbkffa.ghqnet.com

HEMPMAN1 Game profile

Jun 15th 2020, 19:02:08

Confirmed... Galveston = nasty...

The_Hawk

Jun 15th 2020, 19:25:19

Originally posted by Red X:
Hawk can fish now.

Yes. But I kayak the bolivar peninsula beach fronts past crystal beach. I like to have freedom of moving and piers dont offer that.

Dev encouraging it

The_Hawk

Jun 15th 2020, 19:26:15

Originally posted by HEMPMAN1:
Confirmed... Galveston = nasty...

True that. Always carry iodine and alcohol when fishing any of Galveston's waters.

Dev encouraging it

Red X Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express & Team

Jun 15th 2020, 19:30:15

Originally posted by The_Hawk:
Hawk can fish now.

Yes. But I kayak the bolivar peninsula beach fronts past crystal beach. I like to have freedom of moving and piers dont offer that.

I understand that, if you ever come my way I got some lakes you would love to hit up. I am actually going down to FL end of next month to fish at lake okeechobee

Kahuna Game profile

Jun 15th 2020, 21:26:27

Hawk can fish now.

Sounds romantic lol gai bois.

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 16th 2020, 5:13:13

For the record, it doesn't matter to me what color the person a cop kills is, I don't want cops killing people period. I'm aware of the statistics, been profiled for looking like a dirty hippy in my early 20s, and as I've said here, ive been tear gassed, pepper sprayed, harrassed, shot with rubber bullets, etc. Again I dont think that's a black and white or a right and left issue.

Secondly, there's a correlation between community resources, investment in the arts, human services and crime rate. It's just a fact. The places with the most police are never the safest period. It's always always always about the conditions people grow up in.

The problem with conservatives doesn't run as deep as the union loving democrats, but traditionally any sector under a Republican is in danger. The goal is traditionally tax cuts tax cuts tax cuts. Traditionally these cuts are carried out on the arts, behavioral health, social services etc. It's never like any conservative is shuffling the budget to provide increases for behavioral health and education here.

Essentially one party cuts funding to behavioral health and education, and the other party dumps a bunch of funding into the FOP and teacher unions. I suppose you can pick your poison on that but to me it's a bit like choosing between poison and a live hand grenade. The safety on the streets continue to erode in either scenario.

What I've typically advocated for is Grant's that provide books to area children, adult literacy, and increased behavioral health facilities. At the current budget for our book program we won in FY2020 for example, we provide education materials to 11,000 disadvantaged children per year. That's sort of what you're looking for in doing some small good with a small amount of money every year. If you can win a hundredth of one percent of the budget for something like that you feel like you've achieved something and it was worth getting shot at.

Obviously this year is not about winning these small battles for homeless vets or children or something. It's grown to the point that one could hope you win a bit more, but I guess we'll see how it works out.

Edited By: DerrickICN on Jun 16th 2020, 5:37:55
See Original Post

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 16th 2020, 16:09:37

I agree with you Deee, like we agreed on before, union mobsters don't want change and that is the obstacle we have for meaningful police reform, unfortunately the mainstream media as per usual are focusing on the drama instead of the root of the problem 🤷
(•_•)

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 16th 2020, 16:31:36

Well yeah. Like here for example, someone posted on a conservative group that "antifa" was coming to take down a Columbus statue. Mind you, BLM attempted to remove a 5 ton Frank Rizzo statue and failed, and this Columbus statue is like a 20 ton bronze monster on top of a 15 foot marble pedestal, youd need some heavy machinery to budge it. So an armed brigade of Italian/American white nationalists (Vanilla ISIS) showed up ~3 days ago to protect it.

Media began covering them, so BLM and local citizens showed up to counter protest and it turned into a violent clash last night. Right wing protesters assaulted journalists, teenagers and women. Left wing protesters assaulted with their bikes and chucks of wood.

Odd fluff. No tear gas there. No rubber bullets. No pepper spray. Just letting it happen. Of course the news is covering the race war that's a few hours from erupting at a park nearby.

I'm not really sure what the message is behind all of this, but it's objectively distracting from the fact that we were about to make significant budgetary gains that would have benefited both sides. Could an actual ass race war have any effect at all? Guess I'm about to find out unless my mayor does something fast lol. Not really the ideal way to go about it tho haha.

Tear gassing peaceful protests and breaking up homeless tent cities like 1.5 miles from a race war with cops standing aside. fluffin brilliant man. We are officially distracted.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 16th 2020, 16:38:38

I'd let both sides kill each other, it would be a public service to rid of both extremes :-)
(•_•)

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 16th 2020, 16:54:27

Hahaha ikr.

The mayor was like "stop fighting over an inanimate object or we will remove it." But like...you can't just remove it overnight and everyone has already been invited to the race war.

fluff spreads fast online and both sides are planning to meet for an epic showdown at 4:30. I have legal observer and journalist permits and a neon green shirt that says LEGAL OBSERVER in big block letters. I'm thinking about getting juuuust close enough to see it go down haha.

Red X Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express & Team

Jun 16th 2020, 17:00:54

Hahaha ikr.

The mayor was like "stop fighting over an inanimate object or we will remove it." But like...you can't just remove it overnight and everyone has already been invited to the race war.

fluff spreads fast online and both sides are planning to meet for an epic showdown at 4:30. I have legal observer and journalist permits and a neon green shirt that says LEGAL OBSERVER in big block letters. I'm thinking about getting juuuust close enough to see it go down haha.

You sir have achieved real life troll status.

Nice.

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 16th 2020, 17:07:29

Haha. Legal Observers are just volunteers from civil rights groups that go to protests that could turn violent with the intention of being a medic in most cases. I'm first aid certified and CPR certified so in some sense, there's a bit of a legal obligation to help an injured person.

Imma bring supplies too and actually play the role, I'm just not gonna pretend to be brave enough to get into the thick of it, and I think the whole thing is a mess for both sides haha.

I'm gonna load up on baking soda water and a couple spray bottles to counteract tear gas should people disperse in my direction. I donno. I got a ring of gauze but I feel like...idk. people who actually fluffin fight each other usually need actual medical attention. I can really only first aid people the police attack with gas or rubber bullets haha

Edited By: DerrickICN on Jun 16th 2020, 17:10:17
See Original Post

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 16th 2020, 17:21:14

Is popcorn and beer allowed?
(•_•)

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 16th 2020, 17:25:52

My legal observer ass will be sipping a flask of rye, and blasting some Pineapple DD blend shatter wax dabs out of my Nova GPen from a safe distance. Make no mistake about that haha.

It would be hilarious to bring a huuuuuge tub of popcorn and just sit across the street in a lawn chair eating it

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 16th 2020, 17:30:40

Good man, do it, get popcorn!
(•_•)

Red X Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express & Team

Jun 16th 2020, 18:00:09

I am a CPR instructor, but I'm not going to these events lol

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 16th 2020, 18:32:40

Long time coming....

https://youtu.be/WImeL5DGLAE

Reform is here.
(•_•)

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 16th 2020, 18:36:51

Yes, well. I've been going to them since before your children were conceived, and I've been fighting tooth and nail for people their age to have state of the art facilities to learn in, and behavioral health care should they need it. And I've helped 10s of thousands of children just like yours get clothes, pencils, notebooks, etc.

Today is ehm, well. Something else. It's going to be at least a little difficult for me considering I dont think a statue is as problematic as our budget. And you know. It's a bunch of italian proud boys fighting for a guy who denounced italy and Sicily and sailed for Spain to the Bahamas 50 years after Leif Erikson discovered america and 50 years before Ponce De Leon finally landed in the USA. Columbus thought he was in India and started the slave trade, but it wasnt here. It'd make a bit more sense seeing Caribbeans and Spaniards duking it out. I guess the lie we are taught growing up about Columbus really has some deep roots.

That and I come from a long line of people who hump sheeps in ICN. It's likely that syphilis was introduced to Europe by Columbus's crew having sex with sheep. So don't get me wrong, I understand the sheep fluffer enthusiasts.

Truth of the matter is, I'm a south philly resident and this is in my neighborhood. It's a park that me and my girlfriend go to a lot and frankly I'd walk by it unless I went waaay outta my way regardless in just the few things I have to do today. I'd have to purposefully avoid it, not purposefully attend it. I can hear the people outside my window gathering now. I think if this was happening in your block, you'd feel similarly to me. Just keep a safe distance and see if there's something you can do to help.

Red X Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express & Team

Jun 16th 2020, 18:42:14

Well, some of the stuff I can get on board with, but the majority I can't. They are protesting a high school and middle school name in my town. The school board said already they don't have the money in the budge to change the name even if they wanted to, and they don't. But they want to protest it, oh and they want to protest to get someone appointed to the city council that has lost more elections then I have.

That is the issue I have with this whole thing now, it's turning into something else, but that is just in my area.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 16th 2020, 18:44:31

They very quickly turn into a fascist movement, they don't believe in democracy.
(•_•)

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 16th 2020, 18:56:44

Originally posted by KoHeartsGPA:
Long time coming....

Reform is here.

Yep. The parts of the order that encourage the involvement of mental health professionals in responding to nonviolent crimes such as mental health, addiction and homelessness really gives me some hope that a very good thing can come out of this, and not just a series of small things. That's a gargantuan step in the right direction. But again, it encourages communities to tackle that.

It would have been nice to see a nationwide ban on chokeholds and no-knock warrants and perhaps an end to Qualified Immunity. The constitution already establishes that police may not use deadly force unless their life is threatened, so reiterating that exact same line in regards to choke holds actually does nothing. Breonna Taylor was shot while she was sleeping and George Floyd was choked while complying. Like....I'm pretty sure that's already illegal.

I can be critical of this, because I think most of it is pretty modest. I did not, however, expect Trump to listen to the voices in the street and actually attempt reforms. I really didn't. Theres some big parts, like Qualified Immunity, that I'd really really like in there, but damn if it isn't something. Proud of this movement for working hard and getting some change.

Red X Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express & Team

Jun 16th 2020, 19:01:40

well no knock warrants to me are illegal. The fact that they can bust in the wrong house and shoot at someone then get made when they get shot back at and even press charges on someone for defending themselves is stupid. Whoever was in charge when they shot Breonna should be charged with at least manslaughter.

I am running again for something on the state level prob with the LP nomination. My whole platform will be prison reform.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 16th 2020, 19:02:28

Long time coming....

Reform is here.

Yep. The parts of the order that encourage the involvement of mental health professionals in responding to nonviolent crimes such as mental health, addiction and homelessness really gives me some hope that a very good thing can come out of this, and not just a series of small things. That's a gargantuan step in the right direction. But again, it encourages communities to tackle that.

It would have been nice to see a nationwide ban on chokeholds and no-knock warrants and perhaps an end to Qualified Immunity. The constitution already establishes that police may not use deadly force unless their life is threatened, so reiterating that exact same line in regards to choke holds actually does nothing. Breonna Taylor was shot while she was sleeping and George Floyd was choked while complying. Like....I'm pretty sure that's already illegal.

I can be critical of this, because I think most of it is pretty modest. I did not, however, expect Trump to listen to the voices in the street and actually attempt reforms. I really didn't. Theres some big parts, like Qualified Immunity, that I'd really really like in there, but damn if it isn't something. Proud of this movement for working hard and getting some change.

You didn't mention anything about accountability, it is in there too, something we haven't had and is of great impact, the fact that this is action instead of old fashioned just talk is very encouraging.
(•_•)

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 16th 2020, 19:02:52

Well, some of the stuff I can get on board with, but the majority I can't. They are protesting a high school and middle school name in my town. The school board said already they don't have the money in the budge to change the name even if they wanted to, and they don't. But they want to protest it, oh and they want to protest to get someone appointed to the city council that has lost more elections then I have.

That is the issue I have with this whole thing now, it's turning into something else, but that is just in my area.
Ahh fluff I actually read about this haha. Seems wacky I agree.

Changing the name of a school is usually not on local politicians actually which I dont think I've seen either side of the arguement bring up there. You have to get signatures for a local millage, and pass it in an election, and have taxpayers foot the bill for the change that way. Just like when the school wants to build a new weight room or building you see it as a millage.

That's not like a thing where they just throw in a city budget a name change of some building and defund the police to pay for it I dont think lol. At least it doesn't seem like it should be haha. They need to petition, not assemble. Using the wrong part of the first amendment haha.

And yeah, trying to get Jerome Ross or whatever appointed on the city council after he lost the election is 100 lol

Edited By: DerrickICN on Jun 16th 2020, 19:06:13
See Original Post

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 16th 2020, 19:05:52

well no knock warrants to me are illegal. The fact that they can bust in the wrong house and shoot at someone then get made when they get shot back at and even press charges on someone for defending themselves is stupid. Whoever was in charge when they shot Breonna should be charged with at least manslaughter.

I am running again for something on the state level prob with the LP nomination. My whole platform will be prison reform.

Kudos, I believe strongly that accountability is the cornerstone to any reform, without it, it is an empty promise.
(•_•)

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 16th 2020, 19:09:18

Long time coming....

Reform is here.

You didn't mention anything about accountability, it is in there too, something we haven't had and is of great impact, the fact that this is action instead of old fashioned just talk is very encouraging.

Touche. I'm not sure necessarily what a national database of complaints will look like but I'm curious to see, and accountability will by nature be improved so that's another win for sure.

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 16th 2020, 19:11:26

Kudos, I believe strongly that accountability is the cornerstone to any reform, without it, it is an empty promise.

They should be for sure. That's why I thought this is a little modest but a good step in the right direction.

Out of curiosity, how would you tackle prison reform? Imo it should be unprivatized and socialized but I know people hate that word here. I think that'd be my first step tho

Edited By: DerrickICN on Jun 16th 2020, 19:13:38
See Original Post

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 16th 2020, 19:12:02

Long time coming....

Reform is here.

Touche. I'm not sure necessarily what a national database of complaints will look like but I'm curious to see, and accountability will by nature be improved so that's another win for sure.

Now we need to expand to the rest of government, too many decades of 0 accountability needs to end, from school boards to federal government and everything in between!
(•_•)

Red X Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express & Team

Jun 16th 2020, 19:46:41

Prison reform: anyone who has not committed a violent crime should be released. No jail time for non violent crimes just penalties. You break up homes for stupid stuff when you do that and cycles keep going. Jail system should not be privatized. It should be state and federal only. Also we need to repeal the 13th and rewrite it. Right now people in jail are slaves. If you read how it is worded that is what it is. We force people in jail to do labor for pennies on the dollar. The private jail systems take the money and its an incentive to keep people locked up.

Kahuna Game profile

Jun 16th 2020, 19:49:08

What if you CPR someone with Covid ?hmmmm. Derrick just wants to kiss bois. Also that police reform I think is a bunch of crap, I mean people arent really sure what they need from this, so I dont think theyre going to get it right the first time. Keep those videos coming wei if you do see some crazy fluff going down wei.

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 16th 2020, 20:06:49

Prison reform: anyone who has not committed a violent crime should be released. No jail time for non violent crimes just penalties. You break up homes for stupid stuff when you do that and cycles keep going. Jail system should not be privatized. It should be state and federal only. Also we need to repeal the 13th and rewrite it. Right now people in jail are slaves. If you read how it is worded that is what it is. We force people in jail to do labor for pennies on the dollar. The private jail systems take the money and its an incentive to keep people locked up.

Word. Target been paying their slaves 32 cents an hour and people wonder why the fluff got torched. 100% agree. The opposite of privatizing something is socializing it tho, so I may have to troll you about being a sOcIaLiSt. Haha

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 16th 2020, 20:10:16

Originally posted by Kahuna:
What if you CPR someone with Covid ?hmmmm. Derrick just wants to kiss bois. Also that police reform I think is a bunch of crap, I mean people arent really sure what they need from this, so I dont think theyre going to get it right the first time. Keep those videos coming wei if you do see some crazy fluff going down wei.

Word. I have a lotta videos on my phone but I dont keep it attached to the cloud. Like. I have videos of the riots with a buncha happy motherfluffers getting new shoes that they'd probably end up in jail for if I uploaded. The Freddie Gray jawn got us all nervous about facial recognition.

I'll weed thru em and upload some non-incriminating content eventually but I'm a little leery of it.

ironxxx Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 16th 2020, 20:15:06

Hahaha

Been doin your shopping at "Payless" again eh derrick

All puns intended

Kahuna Game profile

Jun 16th 2020, 20:51:29

This guy outta nowhere aluminumxxx, payless are closed in the U.S. I think lol...
Ya you never know, wtf kind of tech they re working with, hell na fk a cloud B. Record from neck down or something dont they wear masks? I wanted to be back home for these times soo bad, oh man.

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Jun 16th 2020, 23:15:08

I like this. And there is more I can discuss with you about prison and jail reform. (also pay attention to some of my fb posts (shares) that involve the Alabama Birth Prison Project). A pregnant inmate in labor shouldn't be handcuffed.

Edited By: galleri on Jun 16th 2020, 23:21:28

https://gyazo.com/...b3bb28dddf908cdbcfd162513

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 16th 2020, 23:20:14

Yeah too many people that shouldn't be there, creates other problems in society.
(•_•)

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 17th 2020, 1:40:06

This briefing was more informative than all of today's media gibberish put together...

https://youtu.be/D3Cq-BHeojg

Yes more good stuff coming out the WH.
(•_•)