Verified:

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 16th 2020, 19:02:52

Originally posted by Red X:
Well, some of the stuff I can get on board with, but the majority I can't. They are protesting a high school and middle school name in my town. The school board said already they don't have the money in the budge to change the name even if they wanted to, and they don't. But they want to protest it, oh and they want to protest to get someone appointed to the city council that has lost more elections then I have.

That is the issue I have with this whole thing now, it's turning into something else, but that is just in my area.
Ahh fluff I actually read about this haha. Seems wacky I agree.

Changing the name of a school is usually not on local politicians actually which I dont think I've seen either side of the arguement bring up there. You have to get signatures for a local millage, and pass it in an election, and have taxpayers foot the bill for the change that way. Just like when the school wants to build a new weight room or building you see it as a millage.

That's not like a thing where they just throw in a city budget a name change of some building and defund the police to pay for it I dont think lol. At least it doesn't seem like it should be haha. They need to petition, not assemble. Using the wrong part of the first amendment haha.

Edited By: DerrickICN on Jun 16th 2020, 19:05:08
Back To Thread
See Original Post
See Subsequent Edit