Verified:

Heston Game profile

Jan 24th 2015, 1:59:41

Originally posted by ssewellusmc:
Originally posted by mrford:
I might not have 2 legs right now but I got crutches and no pain.

You might be suprised!

Plus the pad for the top of the crutch looks like a fluff...

It looks like a twinkie.
❤️️Nothing but❤️️💯❤️️❤️️🌺🌸🌹❤️❤️💯

mrford Game profile

Jan 24th 2015, 2:00:43

well i didnt exactly shoot myself, but i suppose ill roll with it.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

mrford Game profile

Jan 24th 2015, 2:02:27

most people use crutches wrong. your armpit isnt supposed to touch the top, all the weight should be on your wrists.

and im fairly embarrassed with the shape i have devolved into in the last week. hobbling to the pisser has my heart racing at eleventy billion beets a minute and i feel like it is about to explode.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

Heston Game profile

Jan 24th 2015, 2:10:52

Some whiskey chasing down your meds will take care of that.
❤️️Nothing but❤️️💯❤️️❤️️🌺🌸🌹❤️❤️💯

Gutty Game profile

Jan 24th 2015, 2:15:11

That is why I don't go to public ranges and own 100's of acres all to myself to shoot and blow fluff up.

Get better Ford, that's a hard one to bounce back from!

Hneftafl Game profile

Jan 24th 2015, 5:30:13

It is pretty clear that I am an avid gun entheusiast and rights supporter, so some of you might find this as comedic as it is painful.

http://i.imgur.com/09wCu1Q.jpg

That us my leg right now. I was shot by some dumb fluff at the range saturday. This is why I dislike shooting at places that allow untrained shooters to shoot solo. This fluff hurts. My femur was broke right at the joint, and I have a plate and a half dozen or so screws in my fluff now! I have a few x-rays but ain't uploaded them yet. I have been stabbed before, but never shot. It was interesting to say the least :(

Live by the sword...dumbass.
If at first you don't succeed, reverse the polarity.

mrford Game profile

Jan 24th 2015, 5:50:00

classy as always

clearly im a dumbass for someone else shooting me! thanks for opening my eyes lol.

Edited By: mrford on Jan 24th 2015, 5:55:02
Swagger of a Chupacabra

Hneftafl Game profile

Jan 24th 2015, 5:57:54

classy as always

clearly im a dumbass for someone else shooting me! thanks for opening my eyes lol.

Clearly.
If at first you don't succeed, reverse the polarity.

mrford Game profile

Jan 24th 2015, 5:58:58

do you need a hug? i cant get up right now so come on over here big guy. it is going to be ok.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

Jayr Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 24th 2015, 10:41:46

Originally posted by Gutty:
That is why I don't go to public ranges and own 100's of acres all to myself to shoot and blow fluff up.

Get better Ford, that's a hard one to bounce back from!
+1
wasn't me...

mrford Game profile

Jan 24th 2015, 10:46:03

Locket, I almost never go to this particular range, I prefer membership/private ranges or simply going to a friends property with a legal range or out in the open ocean (floating targets are fun and challenging). When i think about public ranges i think aboir first time shooters and meat heads trying to impress their 90 pound girlfriend by renting a Drsert Eagle and paying like $2 a round.

However, this particular day I was on my way home from some early morning errands, had just snagged a good deal on some walmart ammo (200 rounds of 9mm for just over $50 for some federal FMJs, but I still can't find .22 for the life of me) and hadn't tried out my new talon grip on my carry. A perfect storm of events I suppose you could say lol.

I agree 100% with gutty. Don't always have the time to make it out to the country or ocean though. :(
Swagger of a Chupacabra

Jayr Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 27th 2015, 9:02:35

Update?
wasn't me...

mrford Game profile

Jan 27th 2015, 12:44:30

Not much to update. I'm up to 90 degrees in range of motion and I get my stitches out a week from tomorrow. I still won't be able to put any weigh on the leg for 2 months or so. I am down to 1 10/325 hydro every 7 or so hours with a Tylenol supplement thrown in the middle usually. Anyone who has ever had surgery with a large incision knows the weird ass feeling of pulling and fluff that a healing incision produces when it is doing its thing. FREAKEY.

As for the legal procedings, my wife is handling that for now so I can focus on my recovery. We are working on filing suit against both the range and the shooter in civil court for medical costs at the very least and that is all I will say on that matter as this isn't exactly the place to discuss that. Court dates are months away as anyone who has ever been involved in the legal process in the US knows the pace they operate at and their backlog. The other guy wasn't arrested, and no charges were filed since it was ruled accidental.

Edited By: mrford on Jan 27th 2015, 12:48:24
Swagger of a Chupacabra

CAT FACTS

Jan 27th 2015, 17:33:18

ruled accidental.

baahhhhhhhhhhhh which idiot(s) ruled it accidental? grrrrr

Jayr Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 27th 2015, 21:27:51

did u get the bullet back from them? or did they throw it away?
wasn't me...

mrford Game profile

Jan 27th 2015, 21:31:10

i was never asked if i wanted the bullet so it was discarded with medical waste. and i STILL havnt received my x-rays. apparently i need to go to the records office, in person, and request them. how fluffed up is that fluff! i dont even know the locations of the screws and plate. this whole experience on the medical side has been a bit off. hopefully when i go in to get my stitches out on the 4th i can get answers.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 27th 2015, 21:32:29

If you get that bullet...picture bro!

Never mind lol

Picture of x Ray be kool!
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

de1i Game profile

Jan 28th 2015, 2:01:08

Epic fail on keeping the bullet, so when does your rap album drop?

mrford Game profile

Jan 28th 2015, 15:20:52

Holy dog fluff I just fell for the first time. Knew it was going to happen eventually. Jesus titty fluff that fluff hurt. Had just woken up so I had no meds in me. Knee has stiffened back up to where it was a week ago. fluff fluff fluff. I hate crutches.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

Prospect

Jan 28th 2015, 15:37:52

Holy dog fluff I just fell for the first time. Knew it was going to happen eventually. Jesus titty fluff that fluff hurt. Had just woken up so I had no meds in me. Knee has stiffened back up to where it was a week ago. fluff fluff fluff. I hate crutches.

You need life alert. (Help i've fallen and can't get up)

mrford Game profile

Jan 28th 2015, 15:42:11

Naw, what I need is a mobility scooter and a scooter gang. Who wants to join.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

tellarion Game profile

Jan 28th 2015, 16:00:37

classy as always

Without trying to be a total fluff, simply being in the presence of guns means your chances of being shot are much much higher. That's one point about gun ownership that is pretty hard to refute. If there are no guns, then nobody gets shot, no?

tellarion Game profile

Jan 28th 2015, 16:00:58

Scooter gang? Hell yes! But only if Obama pays for it ;P

mrford Game profile

Jan 28th 2015, 16:09:26

Originally posted by tellarion:
classy as always

Without trying to be a total fluff, simply being in the presence of guns means your chances of being shot are much much higher. That's one point about gun ownership that is pretty hard to refute. If there are no guns, then nobody gets shot, no?

Any action has its inherit risks. Going for a drive is dangerous. Statistically probably more dangerous than owning a gun. So if we want to go down that path driving for any purpose other than necessity is dangerous. traveling for vacations is dangerous! Clearly if somethimg happens it is your fault forputting yourself in a situation where there is a one in a million chance of something going wrong! You can't let danger ruin your quest for joy in life and you also can't have a mentality of blaming a victim. That is my viewpoint. You are entitled to yours.

I have shot thousands upon thousands of rounds without incident, and I still maintain that I was shot through no fault if my own. This would be like blaming someone for getting hit by someone who ran a redlight. Sure, if the dude hadn't been driving in the first place he wouldn't have gotten hit, but is that really a realistic placement of blame? Is it the victim's fault for driving or the person who ran the light's fault for making a mistake?

You can only control so much and the rest is up to chance. Sure if I didn't have a hobby of shooting I might have not been shot, but I don't think it makes me a dumbass for getting shot. That is the quote you are supporting, and I find it rather offensive.

Edited By: mrford on Jan 28th 2015, 16:24:38
Swagger of a Chupacabra

ninong Game profile

Jan 28th 2015, 16:54:12

oww, just saw this. get well soon and hope you make a full recovery!
ninong, formerly Johnny Demonic
IX

mrford Game profile

Feb 4th 2015, 23:59:10

http://i.imgur.com/2SlEHmC.jpg

No more stitches. Although there was some weird ass separation before the tape was put on that got me light headed looking at. Doc says I'm way ahead of schedule for 2.5 weeks removed from surgery.

Edited By: mrford on Feb 5th 2015, 0:04:31
Swagger of a Chupacabra

Jayr Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 5th 2015, 1:02:03

ew
wasn't me...

archaic Game profile

Feb 5th 2015, 4:50:02

you know pulling the tape off is the worst part
Cheating Mod Hall of Shame: Dark Morbid, Turtle Crawler, Sov

mrford Game profile

Feb 5th 2015, 15:36:29

Naw, the worst part is my incision is now bleeding through the tape.

A bit worried about that.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

Trife Game profile

Feb 5th 2015, 15:50:16

superglue and ducktape it!

Rasp Game profile

Feb 5th 2015, 17:52:03

damn mrford.

At first, I thought the same thing as jayr, iwb discharge when looking at the photo.

I use the range often too and can't imagine what it would be like to be in your shoes.

Hope you get well soon.
[16:18:00] znc-rasp: We can kill bushido, but not bushifo, zack, moriarty, ghost rider, or darkling
[16:18:07] Req: Is that all the same person?
[16:18:12] symba: yea
[16:18:25] mob: my kids are like dad why are you laughing so much

mrford Game profile

Feb 5th 2015, 18:33:02

i can understand why people think it was a IWB discharge, but i carry on my left hip with a IWB holster. not gangster status in my fluff area. my gun also has internal, trigger, and grip safeties, and i never keep a round in the pipe. i also dont practice my draw at a range. ironically i feel it is too dangerous to do with others feet away.

i was policing my brass, bending down to get it in the dust pan, with my right knee on the ground and my left at a 90 degree angle for stability. call it tebowing for a visual reference. the person had broken the rules and took his jamed weapon back to the bench at the back of the range and the negligent discharge hit me in the thigh, and contacted the bone near the joint. this is why the angle was so odd. you dont even want to know the scenarios that have gone through my head in the last 2 weeks about what could have happened, for the worse or the better. the bullet must have passed within inches of my hip, and struck less than an inch from my artery.

i recently got to watch the security video to put all these pieces together, because my recollection of the exact events was a bit fuzzy from how fast it happened and the mind numbing pain once it did happen. i never even noticed the jackass trying to clear a jam. i thought he was just reloading clips. he didnt ask anyone for help like he should have, like it says in the range rules. i suppose that is partially my fault for not being 100% vigilant, but sometimes that isnt a reasonable expectation. additionally, sometimes complacency is as dangerous as it is easy to fall victim to.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

mrford Game profile

Mar 4th 2015, 19:28:46

got some fuzzy pics of my before and after x-rays for you nubs

before surgery:

http://i.imgur.com/C7qyZA3.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/SwymV0o.jpg

after:

http://i.imgur.com/ygnPkeR.jpg?1
http://i.imgur.com/bAjUOrA.jpg?1
Swagger of a Chupacabra