Verified:

mrford Game profile

Jan 20th 2015, 19:32:09

It is pretty clear that I am an avid gun entheusiast and rights supporter, so some of you might find this as comedic as it is painful.

http://i.imgur.com/09wCu1Q.jpg

That us my leg right now. I was shot by some dumb fluff at the range saturday. This is why I dislike shooting at places that allow untrained shooters to shoot solo. This fluff hurts. My femur was broke right at the joint, and I have a plate and a half dozen or so screws in my fluff now! I have a few x-rays but ain't uploaded them yet. I have been stabbed before, but never shot. It was interesting to say the least :(
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

NukEvil Game profile

Jan 20th 2015, 19:37:06

Well, you know what they say:

Only thing that'll stop a good man with a gun is a man who don't know how to shoot a gun properly.
I am a troll. Everything I say must be assumed to be said solely to provoke an exaggerated reaction to the current topic. I fully intend to bring absolutely no substance to any discussion, ongoing or otherwise. Conversing with me is pointless.

Trife Game profile

Jan 20th 2015, 19:41:12

if only you had a gun with which you could've defended yourself!

on a serious note, that sucks. glad it wasn't any worse. i assume the guy was arrested and charged with a ND? also it's crazy your leg looks as 'good' as it does after surgery like that. i would've figured it'd be real black and blue. was that your right leg?

hope the recovery goes smoothly, bud

mrford Game profile

Jan 20th 2015, 19:58:01

It is my left leg, and most of the brushing is on the underside. I am extremely lucky the round did not knick the artert. I was suprised with how little bleeding there was. It burned far more than it hurt.

And yeah, I had to resist the urge to shoot back. The guy got a ticket and his weapon taken away, and he will be hearing from my lawyers. It was an accident, but that is no excuse for poor training and discipline. It was only a 9mm.

I'm told that I will not be able to put any weight on it for atleast 2 months, and it is swolen all to hell. Suprisingly my head hurts more than my knee. I think I'm simply dehydrated sinice am not on hospital IVs anymore and I'm having morphine withdraws as well. Getting that fluff every 2 hours along with 20mg hydrocodons every 4 hours was nice.

The small stitches at the bottom right was the entry wound, the series of dots to the left was where the fluid buildup drain was probably reducing the amount of brusing. the long soon to be scar is where they cut my knee open to screw it back together. I am mobile on crutches right now but last night I momentarily forgot about the zero weight thing and it wasn't pretty :(

Edited By: mrford on Jan 20th 2015, 20:01:55
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 20th 2015, 20:00:25

Ouch looks awful, lucky no major artery was damaged and you still have your life and the leg, didn't have to/shouldn't have happened.

Speedy recovery brother!
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

Trife Game profile

Jan 20th 2015, 21:10:55

Originally posted by mrford:
The guy got a ticket and his weapon taken away, and he will be hearing from my lawyers. It was an accident, but that is no excuse for poor training and discipline

Good. You deserve to have your medical and other bills paid for by this guy. Good to see he got a ticket - as I don't like calling this an accident - rather a negligent discharge.

To be honest, when I first saw the the leg I thought it was your right leg and said to myself - boy, that wound looks like it's in the right spot if someone had a ND while practicing their holster draws. Glad that's not the case.

Again, glad you came out of this alright and hope the recovery goes well!

panthers still suck tho ;)

mrford Game profile

Jan 20th 2015, 21:31:45

I pretty much never keep a round in the pipe for that very reason as my carry has no manual safeties. I thought my fluff was shot off at first though.

For the recovery, my therapist has me looping a blanket around my foot and pulling it towards me bending the knee. I'm only at about 20 degrees of rotation right now but the doc says that it is still impressive. The other exercise he has me doing is using my thigh muscle to push my knee down towards the bed. That hurts like a mofo but pain now will pay off in freedom of movement down the road. Reps of 20 for both exercises about 4 times a day. Usually about an hour after I pop my pills lol.

And we all know the panthers suck because they have a black QB.

Edited By: mrford on Jan 20th 2015, 21:35:13
Swagger of a Chupacabra

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 20th 2015, 21:46:56

You're lucky you wasn't killed. Get well soon Ford.

Akula Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 20th 2015, 22:24:47

fluffawful injury, painful ... damn close shave - you take care and get better fast k ?
=============================
"Astra inclinant, sed non obligant"

SOL http://sol.ghqnet.com/
=============================

Heston Game profile

Jan 20th 2015, 23:10:38

Rub some tat ink in it.
My cousin got shot in the arm deer hunting. When we got to the hospital and they started stripping off his coat and shook it out. Pieces of his radius and ulna with chunks of flesh fell to the floor. Gsws are no joke.
Hope you heal quickly. Enjoy your surgeries. 😕
❤️️Nothing but❤️️💯❤️️❤️️🌺🌸🌹❤️❤️💯

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 20th 2015, 23:17:19

That's graffic, but thanks for sharing 🙋
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

Schilling Game profile

Jan 20th 2015, 23:35:04

I want to see xrays!
Sucks you had to get nicked. Last range I went to did a range safety checklist/class with every new client, regardless of prior experience. Sounds like you'll be the reason to beef up mandatory safety training.

Riddler Game profile

Jan 21st 2015, 1:27:00

damn Ford, I said I was sorry, no need to get your attorneys involved!

jk man, glad you are around to tell teh tale.

I only go shooting at my buddies house, he is an Illinois state cop, and has plenty of training ;), therefore I feel safe there. I dont like public ranges and now you've given me one more reason not to frequent them

braden Game profile

Jan 21st 2015, 2:35:17

iron? i'd have guessed stainless steel but i also do reckon, what not with advacements in medicine, andthe like, i'd have guessed some sort of biodegradable alloy of a sort

braden Game profile

Jan 21st 2015, 2:37:47

a black woman from the bar said she found it sexy. i told her you were from georgia and were white. she called you a racist. i said, he's married? she said, yepp, sexy again.

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jan 21st 2015, 6:14:06

get well soon, fordy!

a pair of kevlar pants will be under your christmas tree this year.

glad you weren't more seriously injured!!!
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff
pangaea [at] earthempires [dot] com

Boxcar - Earth Empires Clan & Alliance Hosting
http://www.boxcarhosting.com

locket Game profile

Jan 21st 2015, 8:17:17

Crazy. Why would you want to shoot at a range with what you consider to be low safety standards btw? No other options? Not sure how many there are down there.

Glad it missed the bad parts though!

Cerberus Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 21st 2015, 8:18:58

Damn, Ford, that sucks hard. :( Sorry you were the victim of an idiot. It's unfortunate that our laws allow for people who know nothing about gun safety to run around loose with weapons, even if it is in a presumably safe environment such as a gun range.

There should be a requirement for some schooling prior to being able to touch a weapon.

I have a buddy that got shot at a military gun range. Some trainee shot him just north of his ankle with a .45. Almost tore his foot off.

There are always going to be idiots, they are unavoidable for the most part, but mitigation of their effect is possible providing they can be identified early enough.
I don't need anger management, people need to stop pissing me off!

mrford Game profile

Jan 21st 2015, 10:29:26

Thanks for the support guys. Especially those I have had my petty differences with in the past.

Locket, I almost never go to this particular range, I prefer membership/private ranges or simply going to a friends property with a legal range or out in the open ocean (floating targets are fun and challenging). When i think about public ranges i think aboir first time shooters and meat heads trying to impress their 90 pound girlfriend by renting a Drsert Eagle and paying like $2 a round.

However, this particular day I was on my way home from some early morning errands, had just snagged a good deal on some walmart ammo (200 rounds of 9mm for just over $50 for some federal FMJs, but I still can't find .22 for the life of me) and hadn't tried out my new talon grip on my carry. A perfect storm of events I suppose you could say lol.

Their safety standards consisted of holding onto your state issued ID, the reading of a 20 point safety checklist if you had never been to the range before, signature, and mandated eyes and ears.

I suppose I have been around weapons for so long that I tend to take safety for granted, almost as a second nature. I will not make that mistake again as it almost cost me dearly. And while I am pissed at the dude, it was an accident. Im sure he feels terribly, but some things you can not afford to have accidents with.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

archaic Game profile

Jan 21st 2015, 12:55:23

fluff, you are a very lucky unlucky dude ford, that could have easily killed you.

What a flipping knucklehead, you would think not pointing a gun at somebody would be pretty easy. I hope you clean his clock in court.

Cant be on top, cant be on bottom, I guess mama is going to have to get creative for a few months.

Get well man.
Cheating Mod Hall of Shame: Dark Morbid, Turtle Crawler, Sov

aponic Game profile

Jan 21st 2015, 13:20:20

What a dumbass (the guy who shot you) -- glad you are ok mate
SOF
Cerevisi

Cerberus Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 21st 2015, 21:58:19

Hey, Ford. Check out the National Association for Gun Rights. NAGR.ORG, or .COM, forget which. They are going to have a lottery for 1 Million Rounds of .22LR ammunition for new subscribees. :)
I don't need anger management, people need to stop pissing me off!

Jayr Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 21st 2015, 21:59:32

It is pretty clear that I am an avid gun entheusiast and rights supporter, so some of you might find this as comedic as it is painful.

That us my leg right now. I was shot by some dumb fluff at the range saturday. This is why I dislike shooting at places that allow untrained shooters to shoot solo. This fluff hurts. My femur was broke right at the joint, and I have a plate and a half dozen or so screws in my fluff now! I have a few x-rays but ain't uploaded them yet. I have been stabbed before, but never shot. It was interesting to say the least :(
Was the guy standing above you when he shot you? From what i can see that looks like an accidental discharge on your part...lol noob
wasn't me...

mrford Game profile

Jan 21st 2015, 22:00:02

not too sure how my wife would react to me having 1mill rounds shipped in after getting shot. my fluff working has no bearing if i have no one to use it on!
Swagger of a Chupacabra

Jayr Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 21st 2015, 22:06:11

Got a pic of the exit wound?
wasn't me...

Trife Game profile

Jan 21st 2015, 22:06:19

Originally posted by Jayr:

Was the guy standing above you when he shot you? From what i can see that looks like an accidental discharge on your part...lol noob

the paths that bullets take after they enter the body is nothing short of amazing/crazy.

and there is no such thing as an accidental discharge. it's literally not a thing. lol, nub

Jayr Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 21st 2015, 22:07:04

also...sorry u got shot but fluff happens when u have firearms around, i got shot with a .22 one time around the same area...it isnt fun.
wasn't me...

Jayr Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 21st 2015, 22:07:46

Originally posted by Trife:

and there is no such thing as an accidental discharge. it's literally not a thing. lol, nub
This.
I've seen a guy rack one in the chamber and it went off into his truck door...please explain how accidental discharges aren't a "thing"
wasn't me...

Trife Game profile

Jan 21st 2015, 22:08:40

This.

don't this me. i'm calling you a dumbass!

Jayr Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 21st 2015, 22:09:38

trollolol
wasn't me...

mrford Game profile

Jan 21st 2015, 22:13:23

im fairly sure i said that the round hit the bone and shattered it. that would mean there isnt an exit wound. not sure where i can get you a picture of a wound that doesnt exist. also pretty sure if i shot myself i wouldnt post it for everyone to see. you should know im too prideful for that noise. oh wait, i forgot you are an idiot.

additionally, why would an "accidental discharge" be on the inside of my thigh? you are a poor quality troll and i wont give into your sub par efforts on this thread. step your game up.

trife's point is that no discharges are accidental, some are negligent. wrap your tiny brain around that one.

i fully understand that being around firearms is a risk and i have said that many times, and even in this thread that i dont fully blame the dude that shot me, but i do blame the range. take your self elsewhere with your simple mindedness. this thread is about MEEEEEEEEE

Edited By: mrford on Jan 21st 2015, 22:18:24
Swagger of a Chupacabra

Jayr Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 21st 2015, 22:28:30

im fairly sure i said that the round hit the bone and shattered it. that would mean there isnt an exit wound. not sure where i can get you a picture of a wound that doesnt exist. also pretty sure if i shot myself i wouldnt post it for everyone to see. tou should know im too prideful for that noise. oh wait, i forgot you are an idiot.

additionally, why would an "accidental discharge" be on the inside of my thigh? you are a poor quality troll and i wont give into your sub par efforts on this thread. step your game up.

trife's point is that no discharges are accidental, some are negligent. wrap your tiny brain around that one.
A 9mm will hit a bone and skip off, google it. Inside thigh or leg wounds are the most common with accidental discharge, google it. Are u sure u werent putting it in your iwb and it discharged almost straight downward, traveling down your thigh, thats just what it looks like to me. I'm not trolling at all im just wondering if a guy really shot u in the thigh and they had to cut u open all the way past ur kneecap.
wasn't me...

mrford Game profile

Jan 21st 2015, 22:30:54

i am left handed when shooting and left eye dominant. i wear my carry on my left hip. that wound in on the inside of my left thigh. i understand your concerns, but they are not valid as me holstering my weapon would not produce a wound in that location.

they had to cut me open all the way to my kneecap because my femur was broken/fractured all the way to the knee. i have rods, screws, and a plate in there now, so i can one day walk again. i have requested the after x-rays because i dont even know the location of all the hardware, but they say the billet was lodged in the bone so ill believe them and not google.

it wasnt a FMJ either. it was a hornaday critical defense.

Edited By: mrford on Jan 21st 2015, 22:33:53
Swagger of a Chupacabra

Jayr Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 21st 2015, 22:31:42

Anyway, sorry u got shot, it could've been a heart or head shot, im glad ur still around to tlk fluff on these forums bud and thats no joke. Get well soon.
wasn't me...

mrford Game profile

Jan 21st 2015, 22:38:31

sorry, critical duty, not critical defense. apparently they are different. duty is for barrels longer than 3" or so, defense is for short barrels
Swagger of a Chupacabra

mrford Game profile

Jan 21st 2015, 22:39:28

http://media.midwayusa.com/...60/Primary/879/879779.jpg

$1 a round for 9mm. who shoots those at the range anyways? i suppose it was a new dun to him and he wanted to burn through some defense rounds. maybe he was reloading his gun for leaving the range and didnt know you wernt allowed to. who knows, i didnt hang around long enough to ask him too many questions. i had places to go and bleeding to stop.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

Heston Game profile

Jan 21st 2015, 22:39:55

Heston Game profile

Jan 21st 2015, 22:40:58

Graphic gsw w/xray-^^^

mrford Game profile

Jan 21st 2015, 22:44:12

wasnt that someone who plays this game?
Swagger of a Chupacabra

jjterrico Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 21st 2015, 22:45:12

That sucks!! Did they at least let you keep the bullet? Would make for a good storey for the kids one day when teaching about safety!!!

Hope it heals up well!!

mrford Game profile

Jan 21st 2015, 22:48:09

i am told i will get the bullet with my xrays or my first doctors visit on the 4th. they better not be lying. i would hate to have to get shot again.

from what i understand, it was pretty messed up since it was a hollow point that hit bone.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

Heston Game profile

Jan 21st 2015, 22:58:24

wasnt that someone who plays this game?

That is my cousin.

mrford Game profile

Jan 21st 2015, 22:58:58

knew someone had posted that here before. i remember the graphic nature lol.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

Jayr Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 21st 2015, 23:15:53

Yeah a ball wldnt have sprawled as much and probably caused less damage...he was probably shooting defense ammo to sight it in with that particular round...ball/defense are different grain(some) so whats accurate with ball ammo might not be with a defense round.
wasn't me...

mrford Game profile

Jan 21st 2015, 23:24:23

I understand that as I actually carry hornaday zombie max rounds which are basically the same thing. They are a couple grains lighter (115 to 129 or some fluff) and are better made with nickle casings instead of brass and what not. I Love them. I can definitely tell the difference when stacking them with say federal FMJs

But from what I understand he was a first time shooter with a new gun. A sig 229 at that. A nice gun. Why start with the expensive fluff lol. Why shoot me with the expensive fluff!
Swagger of a Chupacabra

ssewellusmc

Jan 21st 2015, 23:39:03

This.
I've seen a guy rack one in the chamber and it went off into his truck door...please explain how accidental discharges aren't a "thing"

It is never an accidental discharge. It is a negligent discharge. If people follow safety rules, things like this don't happen.

Alin Game profile

Jan 21st 2015, 23:44:10

Wow. I feel sorry for you pal. IT hurts - i know it does. And it is far from over, even if you passed the critical stage.

But to be totally honest i find the event funny, taking into acount all the pro gun discussion and stuff like that ( since it`s mrford we are talking about ). ... Do you have insurance or anything, for that ? Seriouslly, after this unfortunate event , don`t you think that maybe "guns" aren`t that fun and worthy ?

Edited By: Alin on Jan 21st 2015, 23:51:40

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jan 21st 2015, 23:48:50

daaamn that really sucks man! I'm not a huge gun fan, but have definitely been to shooting ranges many times over my life -- that's really brutal to be shot in what is intended to be a safe environment =(

Get well soon! Hopefully everything heals well!
Finally did the signature thing.

VicRattlehead Game profile

Jan 21st 2015, 23:55:59

Holy crap man, heal fast!

mrford Game profile

Jan 22nd 2015, 0:07:33

Originally posted by Alin:
Wow. I feel sorry for you pal. IT hurts - i know it does. And it is far from over, even if you passed the critical stage.

But to be totally honest i find the event funny, taking into acount all the pro gun discussion and stuff like that ( since it`s mrford we are talking about ). ... Do you have insurance or anything, for that ? Seriouslly, after this unfortunate event , don`t you think that maybe "guns" aren`t that fun and worthy ?

yes i have insurance, im employed by a good company, that is how you get good insurance over here, not obamacare lol that fluff sucks and drove my rates up as well for the same coverage. i get to pay more because i have a good job so others can pay less because they dont have a good job! not a discussion i am capable of having right now though. also my insurance company already doesnt like me becausr of my daughters bills :(. additionally i plan on the range and fluff who shot me on paying for most of my bills.

i know it is far from over. i dont have much motion in my knee right now and im scheduled for around 2 months of physical therapy, could dake more depending on how well the metal takes to my bone and fluff. i have been through rehab like this before in my climbing accident, and my wife in her car accident. unfortunately we are no strangers to being unfortunate!

no this hasnt turned me off guns. if you were hit by a drunk driver are you going to shun cars or booze? it is silly to let someone else ruin your passion because of their irresponsibility. if you arnt willing to be steadfast in your convictions in the face of adversity then they wernt strong convictions to start with! i almost want to punch the dude in the balls, then teach him how to really use a gun so it doesnt happen again, and let him buy me a beer, or 2, or 100. i still love guns and i still back every statement i have ever made about them!

Edited By: mrford on Jan 22nd 2015, 0:10:48
Swagger of a Chupacabra