Verified:

Mr. Lime Game profile

May 23rd 2010, 18:46:23

Originally posted by Marshal:
yea no crosstag-retalling but warring is grey area.

until its stated at rules that teams can't have pacts wars won't be 5 vs 5.

show me the rule that says no x-retaling plz

H Game profile

May 23rd 2010, 18:52:46

no rule, just server etiquette.

Marshal Game profile

May 23rd 2010, 18:53:30

Originally posted by Mr Gainsboro:
That is just plain wrong Marshal.
Either you get full benefits of being in a clan or you get none.

say that to gamedevelopers, they changed old Alliance to Team of 5 ppls server.

Old Alliance was for small alliances (10-40 members) who preferred netting while old Council was for bigger alliances (min. 20 members pref. 30) and there were big wars every set.

Alot players played on both servers and netted at Alliance and warred at Council.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

archaic Game profile

May 24th 2010, 2:05:59

- which is where the whole x-tag retalling fracus started. MKR, RAG, and others continued to treat the server as the previous 1A. We all got whacked down for it and so now the server policy is to not do cross-tag retals. Like all retal policies, it is subject to change if enough strength is behind the push to change it.

MKR has completely disavowed cross tag attacks except to deal with suiciders.

Though in all reality, I am 100% against cross tag retalling. Cross tag killing is grey to me - as a part of retal policy (somebody farms you and gets killed for it) I don't like it - as part of a declared war with allies called in, thats just part of the game. RD looks like they have enough to form a full tag on alliance, but I suppose most of you are probably already playing on 1A.

Edited By: archaic on May 24th 2010, 2:14:15
Cheating Mod Hall of Shame: Dark Morbid, Turtle Crawler, Sov

Dragonlance Game profile

May 24th 2010, 3:36:28

if you were serious about an alliance, you'd run it in 1a.

The only people that run a x-retal alliances in Team, are those who don't have the skill/balls to do it in alliance.

There is no reason why you can't play with some mates from different alliances in Alliance in 2-3 teams in team, and NOT X-retal..

unless you only have 1-2 decent players who can actually run countries good enough to retal.

Though, on a personal level, the issue hasn't affected me yet, every country i've grabbed so far hasn't retalled at all yet:p i guess i'll just get a multitude of suicides at the end of the set:p but then i won't be good enough for top 10.. so meh

archaic Game profile

May 24th 2010, 20:06:57

Lime, If you guys want to run bots on alliance, I am sure Llaar can hook you up with some nice proxy's so you can be fluffheads on more then one server. I hear he is selling them cheap.

Dave, it's starting to look very familiar around here - Llaar and the colors trying to take the game down, and the admin trying to figure out how to promote it instead of rooting out corruption.
Cheating Mod Hall of Shame: Dark Morbid, Turtle Crawler, Sov

NOW3P Game profile

May 24th 2010, 20:11:19

where exactly did you see llaar's name in this thread? sheesh...the guy's not even active atm. why don't you just go jerk off so you can get rid of that hard on you gots for him archaic....

braden Game profile

May 24th 2010, 21:11:38

how, pray tell, are we trying to bring the game down this time?

ViLSE Game profile

May 24th 2010, 21:22:20

Well Beer and MKR tried the bullying tactic once and it didnt work. I very much doubt RD will be any different.

Time will tell. But Braden I think that is pretty much the crux, people dont want any big bully around here and thats probably what a lot of people see RD as at this very moment.

Ronnie Game profile

May 24th 2010, 21:33:18

ViLSE, Big bully? Hmm, we play here, and try to get it down to basic 5 vs 5 as it was designed for.
However, all the current teams work together in war and crosskill. Also against suiciders it's condoned. Why? Suiciding is a part of the game, not against the rules. You want to eliminate fun parts out of the game by instituting crosskilling against suiciders, thus breaking out of the 5-member-team.

I've been saying all the time that i'm all game for a pure 5 vs 5 teamplay. If everyone agrees on that, then start acting according to it. No crosskilling, nothing.

Also, I've been saying all the time that I'd cheer on such a server and play accordingly to it. However, nobody seems to be willing to follow this.
Therefor I play to the general accepted rules, and crosskill as well, in every act of war.

Come up with a workable solution, instead of creating own rules and whine when they backfire at you.

ViLSE Game profile

May 24th 2010, 21:37:52

LOL.

If the most other teams have one or two rules you have on your own sat and made up more in just a few days and a lot worse ones to top it off.

Your logic is just completely twisted.

braden Game profile

May 24th 2010, 21:38:37

it sounds like they'd be the big bad bully, not us :(

ViLSE Game profile

May 24th 2010, 21:45:26

Nah not at all.

Out of all the teams on the server these are the ones I know do cross killing:
RD
LOT
RAG

Out of all the teams on teh server these are the ones that I know do cross retalling: (even if the retals is in the shape of killing as per the latest RD policy update)
RD

This is not difficult really... most teams are nicely minding their own business trying to have fun in teams. There are a few that kill stuff when they feel the need for it such as LOT and RAG. There has been more in the past but no massive amounts, I am sure I will have missed a couple though. But if you look at the news for the vast majority of the teams they are not doing any of this nonsense.

RD is not only trying to sound like they are holier-than-though but at the same time they are actually at least twice as bad as everyone else.

Just my two cents of course...

Mr. Lime Game profile

May 24th 2010, 21:48:12

somebody explain to me why archaic thinks i'm the bot runner =P

you people are sad jumping from x-retaling straight to multi's

you run out of intelligent arguements and fall back onto the old "omg i don't like you so you cheat!"

RD does not cheat
we are an upstanding, proud and noble part of this gaming community with our good ethics and moral stance.

we are just trying to bring a little joy to the masses

Ronnie Game profile

May 24th 2010, 21:49:39

I see a war going on now, and I see crosskills.

So please add DTCP to your list. And don't be ignorant ;)

ViLSE Game profile

May 24th 2010, 21:51:36

Ok so there you go then.

Out of all the teams on the server these are the ones I know do cross killing:
RD
LOT
RAG
DTCP

Out of all the teams on teh server these are the ones that I know do cross retalling: (even if the retals is in the shape of killing as per the latest RD policy update)
RD

Doesnt make it look all that much better though now did it?

You are claiming the moral high ground when in truth you are standing on no ground at all...

Ronnie Game profile

May 24th 2010, 21:58:13

Once war starts, we'll see about the high morals, and who does not crosskill. :)
Last set everyone did in the big war, wasn't it? Short of memory?

H Game profile

May 24th 2010, 22:02:05

"Why? Suiciding is a part of the game, not against the rules"

Do you by chance know the definition of suicide Ronnie?

Are they not meant to die after they have done their damage?

Try again, your sounding dumber by the minute.

War and retals are completely seperate issues as far getting help from your allies. Dont try and condemn others who try to protect their friends from malicious, unwarranted attacks.

ViLSE Game profile

May 24th 2010, 22:05:39

Ronnie as far as I could see in the last big war about cross retals that ended reset before last was really a lot of different teams attacking MKR and BEER.

If they were coordinated or not was a bit hard to tell but there were definitely no official list of teams on each side. It was pretty confusing to follow and many many ABs.

You make it sound as if all teams that opposed Cross retals all renamed themselves to ANTI-XRETAL1, ANTI-XRETAL2, ANTI-XRETAL3 and so on.

But naturally in order to fight your policies people will have to band together. In essence you are ensuring that people will keep cross killing when YOU are trying to enforce your new policies on everyone else.

Again you will not get anywhere near the high ground on that kind of basis.

braden Game profile

May 24th 2010, 22:11:32

we were organized, and all attended joint kill runs with the understanding that any one of our teams could not accomplish what we wanted.
Many of the people involved played in teams that indeed were tagged TAG1, TAG2, and worked in tandum with GAT1 AND GAT2.

You can't change tags after you've joined one, we couldn't possibly have all renamed ourself to antixretal1, etc, however many restarts did bare similar names and tags.

my feet are touching something :P

Hellz X Game profile

May 24th 2010, 22:12:53

Yeah, my balls.

Thanks buddy, feels great.
Imaginary Numbers

ViLSE Game profile

May 24th 2010, 22:21:42

Heh nah Braden still just a lot of hot air under your feet. :)

braden Game profile

May 24th 2010, 22:21:49

you enjoy men walking on your balls, you sick fluff?
do you prefer them in four and a half inch stilettos, or cowboy boots?

braden Game profile

May 24th 2010, 22:22:33

no, no, the hot air is coming out of my mouth :P

Hobo Game profile

May 24th 2010, 23:14:47

Be glad we don't cross retal :P

Then again, we don't actively start wars, so are usually peaceful. Chris Hansen taught us the ways to Zen.

Edited By: Hobo on May 24th 2010, 23:16:08

Pain Game profile

May 25th 2010, 22:59:02

so let me ask those of you who dont condone cross retalling.

since you guys dont seem to have a problem with multiple tags IE: xxx1 xxx2 xxx3 etc, but you do have a problem with xxx2 retalling for xxx1 then i think ive found a solution

clans run multiple tags, 4 memebers each. country in tag xxx1 gets hit, country from tag xxx2 can take retal so he detags, retags xxx1 and takes retal. then detags and retags back xxx2. viola, no cross tag retalling and everyone is happy. right?
Your mother is a nice woman

snawdog Game profile

May 25th 2010, 23:10:34

Can't leave a tag..and it still would stinky.
[edit]
Try again.

Edited By: snawdog on May 25th 2010, 23:11:52
ICQ 364553524
msn

Thunder Game profile

May 27th 2010, 6:17:22

Problem I have with Vilse's listing, LOT DOES NOT CROSS TAG RETAL, as I stated earlier, our only incident was of a misguided personal matter between one member and anohter regarding incidents over another server.
Thunder
ICQ 56183127
MSN

2010 Armchair GMs League Champion
DEFEATER OF MRFORD!
FoCuS'D

NA FA/Senate
Lords

Ninja since born....Awesome Forever!

ViLSE Game profile

May 27th 2010, 8:43:48

Read it again Thunder, I said you do cross killing, not cross retalling.

Thunder Game profile

May 28th 2010, 5:34:57

Oh yeah but only for defense. As I said the whole 15 of us are all just friends and acquaintances. We'll stick up for each other when needed.

Its not like we go out of our way to find people to kill ala some tags in prior sets. We know grabbing is part of the game, but when it gets excessive, well its time to do something about that then.

*still waiting for that birthday jug* :)
Thunder
ICQ 56183127
MSN

DEFEATER OF MRFORD!
FoCuS'D

NA FA/Senate
Lords

Ninja since born....Awesome Forever!

Nasjym Game profile

May 28th 2010, 5:56:12

I think the general point most of you fail to grasp is that there are no written rules pertaining to the retalling issue, and "server etiquette" or "general policy" is all bullfluff anyway.

Please realise RD always will act as it always has.. however the hell it damn well pleases. The safest bet has always been to just not give them reason to "act" in your direction *shrugs*

If I were playing would I like to be retal'd by tag #2 for hitting tag #1? Not overly.. no.. so if I see that tag #1 is obviously related to tag #2, I would probably steer away from attacking and find some safer land to indulge in. :P

Seems like you guys are actually trying to antagonize RD..

Dragonlance Game profile

May 28th 2010, 7:12:49

i wouldn't say RD always does what they please.

the TRY to do what they please, but isn't that what everyone in earth2025 does?

RD without multies, is no different to any other clan/team really, and should be treated as such, which means simply:
1.) If they can retal, don't hit them.
2.) if they can't retal, do hit them.

They clearly have countries capable of big retals, so nobody hits them.. that's called common sense...

Ronnie Game profile

May 28th 2010, 8:57:40

RD never had multies. We just had a lot of friends. Don't re-write history :)

Besides, we tried to adapt to the server rules here. Many times did I ask for a justification of crosskilling/crosswarring, while crossretalling is frowned upon. Never got a decent answer on that, other than some self-written rules by some netgainers here who want to protect their position.

Since previous sets clearly everybody was crosswarring, i do not see why we should not adapt to the general style of stepping out of the team boundaries sometimes as well. Besides, I just re-read the gamerules, and still don't see anything which forbids crossretalling.

Maybe we can DNH those who clearly play 5 vs 5 without any interference at all, not even in war.
And otherwise, we just don't give a rat's arse about our countries. We do what we like to do, and just have fun. Kill and get killed, that's the essence of a wargame ;)

ViLSE Game profile

May 28th 2010, 9:42:53

I agree on the fact that you probably dont have multies now.

Butyou most certainly did have both bots and multies back in the good old e2025 days.

Ronnie Game profile

May 28th 2010, 13:13:05

You quickly forget, ViLSE. The only bot was run from within YOUR alliance ;)

Ronnie Game profile

May 28th 2010, 13:14:13

You quickly forget, ViLSE. The only bot was run from within YOUR alliance ;)

ViLSE Game profile

May 28th 2010, 13:31:49

Nah mate, that I refuse to believe no matter what you say.

I was there for years while you guys were running amok and saw the killruns made on anyone that touched RD and they were NOT all by hand-run countries.

Unless you guys hired 200 chinese people to sit and attack in unison one after the other. :)

ViLSE Game profile

May 28th 2010, 13:33:04

But I'll grant you that someone was running an anti-RD-bot towards the end of the "war".

I found that quite hilarious even though not entirely suiting to the game rules etc.

Mr Lemon Chiffon Game profile

May 28th 2010, 13:34:50

Did someone say 200 Chinese babes? W00t!!
New Kids show - Thomas the Pank Engine.
Your kids can follow Thomas around the trailer park seeking meth heads.

Ronnie Game profile

May 28th 2010, 13:56:21

Yes, LC has several chinese villages full of sex-slaves. They ran naked warchats for us while he kept an eye on them via his webcam.

Mr. Lime Game profile

May 28th 2010, 14:28:48

yep yep and they farmed WoW gold for me while they waited for turns.

was a good thing for everybody involved

ViLSE Game profile

May 28th 2010, 14:40:20

LOL well at least that explains a thing or two...
:)

Thunder Game profile

May 28th 2010, 21:34:55

Yo LC can I get some numbers? ;)
Thunder
ICQ 56183127
MSN

DEFEATER OF MRFORD!
FoCuS'D

NA FA/Senate
Lords