Verified:

Rockman Game profile

Nov 29th 2012, 19:55:01

Originally posted by Serpentor:
I've been keeping 1m oil in stock just incase of buy out when I need it.

You mean you've been keeping it stocked for when I need it?

*goes and steals oil from Serpentor*

blid

EE Patron

Nov 29th 2012, 19:55:44

I've been keeping 1m oil in stock just incase of buy out when I need it.
I had some stocked but it was only enough to get me through today. It's burned now. You're looking good!
Originally posted by Mr. Titanium:
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

herbs12 Game profile

Nov 29th 2012, 20:03:18

I think oil will get expensive this set.

Edited By: herbs12 on Nov 29th 2012, 21:22:47
See Original Post

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 29th 2012, 20:04:01

I've kept my oil stock above 1.5m, and last night my 1st DH and i was like WTF!!!! I know i calculated right and even sent xtra 25k jets... Pang factorr???
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

herbs12 Game profile

Nov 29th 2012, 20:04:22

And also which country is yours Blid? I don't have to be detective Herbs again do I?

blid

EE Patron

Nov 29th 2012, 20:04:48

Do you always send an extra 10%? Because that should usually cover the Pang-Mehul stuff.
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

herbs12 Game profile

Nov 29th 2012, 20:05:36

Koh I'm posive the amount of oil you have doesn't determine if you break countries or not. This isint real life were it essentially does lol

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 29th 2012, 20:08:56

Lol@herby, i know :p

Blid, i did, calculated 800k break with the 10% and added 25k jets to make sure, and bounced :-(
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)

herbs12 Game profile

Nov 29th 2012, 20:14:36

I had a really weird dh the other day also. I essentially double send +15% and still bounced. Then I re checked and stupidly of me I didn't add that little Defense bonus. That had caught me twice this set and that puts me back 1k land from the top not good to DH.

blid

EE Patron

Nov 29th 2012, 20:19:38

Yeah some things that have gotten me before:
-my own readiness less than 100%
-defensive bonus
-counting tanks as turrets
-??? i've had some mystery fails as well with no conceivable reason

Serpentor Game profile

Nov 29th 2012, 20:19:59

I usually bounce because of an error in my own input in the calculator on my phone. I've added the PS twice by mistake, or put a dict bonus as 10% instead of 25% in error, or simply hit a wrong # on the iPhone touchscreen. Usually I do oversend slightly more than the 10% on all grabs too.
The EEVIL Empire

blid

EE Patron

Nov 29th 2012, 20:22:17

If you don't burn turns for the sake of it each day, DH only costs a few attack/spy turns and some jets. Just make an extra attack at the end and you're only however many turns it took to bounce behind. 5 turns maybe? Not that bad.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 29th 2012, 20:28:27

Hmm, ill chk tonight and see where i fkd up, i was too pissed to do that last night and built more CSs and went to bed.
(•_•)

LATC Game profile

Nov 29th 2012, 21:10:08

anyone know who Arathodoxia (#153) is?
Originally posted by Xinhuan:
Are you guys stupid or what?

crest23 Game profile

Nov 29th 2012, 21:18:15

Originally posted by LATC:

Some Rival player.
The Nigerian Nightmare.

crest23 Game profile

Nov 29th 2012, 21:19:06

Oh now I get it!
The Nigerian Nightmare.

AndrewMose Game profile

Nov 29th 2012, 21:34:04

You can DH because they are playing at the same time. that has happened to me more times than i would have expected.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 29th 2012, 22:09:03

Bought up...ok ya, that could be it haha
(•_•)

Serpentor Game profile

Nov 30th 2012, 8:06:16

Yeah that sucks, or on the other side your online and about to run turns then you notice someone just lg'd you. Lol
The EEVIL Empire

BobbyATA Game profile

Dec 3rd 2012, 14:32:06

so what strats project to do well this set? People dont' seem very fat

ericownsyou5 Game profile

Dec 3rd 2012, 14:39:08

I usually bounce because of an error in my own input in the calculator on my phone. I've added the PS twice by mistake, or put a dict bonus as 10% instead of 25% in error, or simply hit a wrong # on the iPhone touchscreen. Usually I do oversend slightly more than the 10% on all grabs too.

I just got the iPhone 5... I can't find the app...

oldman Game profile

Dec 3rd 2012, 14:41:47

Originally posted by BobbyATA:
so what strats project to do well this set? People dont' seem very fat

Pretty even set so far. military and tech prices are holding up. Food is still down. So far it's looking like it's anybody's game. But with almost a month to go, things could swing either way.

Xinhuan Game profile

Dec 3rd 2012, 16:27:43

Prices for everything seems average.

2200 tech - Average
125-135 military - Average
40-42 food - Average
200-250 oil - Average

So no particular strategy stands out this set yet.

Bee Game profile

Dec 3rd 2012, 16:29:22

Rainbow strat wins this set!

crest23 Game profile

Dec 3rd 2012, 17:53:33

Rep casher is head and shoulders above all else. So a rep casher should win this. Otherwise, my money is on oldman and whatever start he is playing.
The Nigerian Nightmare.

Magellaan Game profile

Dec 3rd 2012, 18:07:28

I'd put my money on a rep casher too. Im going to make a (feeble) attempt at #1 with my techer though lol
Not MD, fake Magellaan.

blid

EE Patron

Dec 3rd 2012, 18:08:46

Techer has no shot

Magellaan Game profile

Dec 3rd 2012, 18:10:45

=(
Not MD, fake Magellaan.

blid

EE Patron

Dec 3rd 2012, 18:14:00

Tech needs to sell for higher than it went this round if techer is gonna have a shot. Also that would probably slow down the cashers most, which would balance the set out. Sadly that wasn't the case, so I predict #76, #3, #188, all Reps, as the countries with the best shot to win, though #88 is a powerful looking commie.

LATC Game profile

Dec 3rd 2012, 18:45:27

I hear #65 is pretty sexy =D hehe jk jk, I need to figure out how to get land faster next time

Magellaan Game profile

Dec 3rd 2012, 19:16:01

I think you just have to grab more. Not trying to sounds like captain obvious but the countries blid mentions all did about 90-100 grabs so far and #65 'only' 61 grabs.
Not MD, fake Magellaan.

OneMansArmy Game profile

Dec 3rd 2012, 19:50:50

I hear #65 is pretty sexy =D hehe jk jk, I need to figure out how to get land faster next time

Grabbing fatter targets also helps, not just grabbing more countries. Just looking at the eestats history, you grabbed 61 times and I have grabbed 50 times. Yet you are only ~500 acres of land ahead of me. In comparing this with the top 10 guys though, it appears that neither of us grabbed enough countries.
Other than Earth Empires I also play Battlefield games:
http://www.youtube.com/user/UneManArmy/featured

LATC Game profile

Dec 3rd 2012, 22:13:27

yeah I realized I should be doing mostly PS's as per the earlier discussion. Maybe I can make up for it with a few mid feeds, hopefully I don't get retalled though =/

Serpentor Game profile

Dec 3rd 2012, 23:25:01

Grabbing... Who's grabbing?
The EEVIL Empire

Serpentor Game profile

Dec 4th 2012, 0:09:06

I just checked back the last 3 sets, and I'm pretty much on pace with my countries for those sets in NW and land.
The EEVIL Empire

oldman Game profile

Dec 4th 2012, 11:31:11

Originally posted by crest23:
Rep casher is head and shoulders above all else. So a rep casher should win this. Otherwise, my money is on oldman and whatever start he is playing.

lol oldman ain't winning this set.

Rob Game profile

Dec 4th 2012, 19:05:13

What are you playing this set oldman?

theannonymousone Game profile

Dec 4th 2012, 21:28:29

It seems our friend 'the tank' is angry

"wow my frined...that is twice more of 72 hour retal period...you can't have whole set to retal! this is considered like regular grab and i will retal it! agree? i think it is fair!"

crest23 Game profile

Dec 4th 2012, 21:36:22

All those bonus point he put into defense is so far at ZERO percent on returns to that investment.
The Nigerian Nightmare.

crest23 Game profile

Dec 4th 2012, 21:40:20

He right now has less land than he did 7 days ago.
The Nigerian Nightmare.

blid

EE Patron

Dec 4th 2012, 21:42:31

you hit back in 98 hours, which isn't even close to "twice more of 72 hour retal period." i don't think 98 hours is that long either.

theannonymousone Game profile

Dec 4th 2012, 21:44:00

Does the defense bonus come into play for special attacks too? Also does the pang/mehul factor come into play for special attacks?

crest23 Game profile

Dec 4th 2012, 22:33:20

Yes and yes.
The Nigerian Nightmare.

OneMansArmy Game profile

Dec 4th 2012, 23:29:25

Originally posted by theannonymousone:
It seems our friend 'the tank' is angry

"wow my frined...that is twice more of 72 hour retal period...you can't have whole set to retal! this is considered like regular grab and i will retal it! agree? i think it is fair!"

That is funny, he has been playing Primary now for about 2 years from what I could see in the history. Can't believe he doesn't understand the retal window in Primary is the whole set. This became apparent to me after my second set in Primary. lol

blid

EE Patron

Dec 4th 2012, 23:39:58

There is no official "retal window" but if there were one, it would definitely NOT be the whole set wtf. Farmers get a little more leeway because they're slow starters but most strats, if you can't do it within at most a week, you have very little business coming back later. Of course, if you get away with it depends on who you're hitting. CROATIA is moaning about 98 hours, what do you think he'd do if you hit a month later? How many people has Chewi destroyed for taking over a week?

Edited By: blid on Dec 4th 2012, 23:43:53
See Original Post

OneMansArmy Game profile

Dec 4th 2012, 23:58:33

All depends on who your hitting I guess. Someone who is not in GDI and double taps is probably not likely to care about the chances of getting hit by missiles or other harmful attacks against. These people probably wouldn't think twice about retaling a late retal.

But if you are in GDI, and you don't want to chance being hit with missiles or other harmful attacks that could mess up your set even more, you may reconsider retaling a "retal" no matter how late. According to GDI, any country who has hit you more than twice is fair game for anything, regardless of how spaced out those hits are, or if they are in response to hostile actions.

Chewi Game profile

Dec 5th 2012, 0:05:55

That's why when someone retals me far too long after my hit I just farm them!

blid

EE Patron

Dec 5th 2012, 0:20:06

Originally posted by OneMansArmy:
All depends on who your hitting I guess. Someone who is not in GDI and double taps is probably not likely to care about the chances of getting hit by missiles or other harmful attacks against. These people probably wouldn't think twice about retaling a late retal.

But if you are in GDI, and you don't want to chance being hit with missiles or other harmful attacks that could mess up your set even more, you may reconsider retaling a "retal" no matter how late. According to GDI, any country who has hit you more than twice is fair game for anything, regardless of how spaced out those hits are, or if they are in response to hostile actions.
Yeah, I agree that's a reasonable calculus for whether you can get away with it by taking advantage of GDI rules, but I don't think that makes retaling a month later a reasonable thing to do.

AndrewMose Game profile

Dec 5th 2012, 0:27:33

Originally posted by blid:
Originally posted by OneMansArmy:

Yeah, I agree that's a reasonable calculus for whether you can get away with it by taking advantage of GDI rules, but I don't think that makes retaling a month later a reasonable thing to do.
Reasonable or ethical? what would your response be if someone retalled you after a month?

Edited By: AndrewMose on Dec 5th 2012, 0:30:20
See Original Post

OneMansArmy Game profile

Dec 5th 2012, 0:33:47

Not saying I like it, or recommend a month late retals either. Unfortunately I was hit with 2 different month old retals 2 sets ago. I decided to make a war out of it since I had no hopes at a top 30's finish anyway and a stockpile of missiles. For my own retal policy, I generally use about a week for a retal window.

I was just saying, if you are relying on GDI protection and plan to stay inside of that protection, the window is technically the whole set. And its totally up to each individual how they want to respond.