Verified:

silentwolf Game profile

May 5th 2014, 2:14:40

congrats on the win's and finish :)

sucks to be out of the top 25

blid

EE Patron

May 5th 2014, 2:31:29

Sup fellas! Congrats to crest, blowing the rest of the pack out of the water! Would've been higher if not for some guy topfeeding and hassling him.

I was PS NY. I guess I can write about why I got into a tussle with oldman now...
Originally posted by Mr. Titanium:
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

crest23 Game profile

May 5th 2014, 2:42:03

I could have scored much higher, so much more.
The Nigerian Nightmare.

Xinhuan Game profile

May 5th 2014, 2:53:25

Originally posted by crest23:
2nd time Xin has been wrong here, ..... to my knowledge.

I did not expect myself to break 100m, to be honest. LOL!

blid

EE Patron

May 5th 2014, 2:56:59

So the thing is, he was trying to get away with selling all his spies and stocking on zero spies. He had no spies. I've posted before that people should be held to account if they try that. I thought about it for awhile and thought I'd try to steal a bit around the last day, asked crest if he thought it was out of bounds and he agreed it was fair game.

I think oldman was still a little bright eyed and innocent before to think he could get away with it, but now he's truly disillusioned. :) Haha, seriously though, I'm sorry oldman, I like you, and feel bad about lowering your finish. But I honestly didn't expect such a strong reaction. I'm not sure if you just thought you should be allowed to stock with zero spies without being touched, or if I just stole too much (about 3m nw worth). We were both cashing $36m+/turn, and both had the same stock. Our finish was going to come down to the wire. But I *should* have been cashing more than you - if you'd kept your spies. So I was trying to balance that out.

You sent a message in-game calling my move 'dirty and uncalled for.' I don't think it was dirty or uncalled for at all though... if you sell off all your spies, you know exactly the risk that you're taking. It's not like an innocent player being harassed by some extreme SPAL country; with no spies, anyone in the game can rob you blind and you have to expect that. As a netter particularly I don't like it because we complained about spy ops being too hard to stop, and qzjul even accommodated us by removing espionage. I don't think we should use that as an excuse to run zero spies... if that's what we're doing, we're the problem, not the thieves. Espionage was removed specifically because you can't "hide" tech like you can bushels and money. Therefore, if you're going to sell off all spies, you need to be prepared, not just to have spy ops done against you, but to hide your bushels and money. I stole some inconsequential bit of money one day, before finding 100m bushels at home the next. You could have recalled all your food after the first day and put it back out and it would've been safe to the end...

Anyway, I gained about 3m net from the stolen bushels, lost about 6m net from the missiles as I still had stored turns even at the time and my income got busted... tbh I didn't think I'd be caught and I thought you'd blame it on someone else. But somehow, even though oldman had 4000 spies and I had 1.4m spies, I failed a lot of ops. Absolutely bizarre how the spy formulas work in this game.
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

blid

EE Patron

May 5th 2014, 3:03:35

hmm maybe it didn't need all that typing.

h2orich Game profile

May 5th 2014, 3:06:48

spy DR!

Why would a t10 country steal from another t10 country? He can ruin your set. He can just lemming you or something and kick you and himself of out t10. You're lucky he decided to just play cool and continue netting.

I would just lemming you with those $40 oil if I were oldman since I'm not anywhere near to winning.

blid

EE Patron

May 5th 2014, 3:15:36

why be so mad, if you have zero spies, you know it could/*should* happen

it's like people with zero defense getting mad that they're being farmed?

SAM_DANGER Game profile

May 5th 2014, 3:21:01

H2ORICH BEAT ME TO IT.. THE FIRST TWO FAILS ARE NOT ALL THAT SURPISING, CONSIDERING YOU HAD HIM IN 24 AND 31 SPY DR BY THE TIME THOSE OCCURRED.

AND THE FIRST BATCH ALL SAY "2.3 DAYS AGO", AND THE REST, WITH THE HIGH FAILURE RATE, ALL SAY "1.5 DAYS AGO". ALL WITHIN 24 HOURS OF EACH OTHER (BARELY). OF COURSE, ONCE HE'D CAUGHT TWO, I DOUBT THE NEXT DAY'S OPS AND BOUNCES AFFECTED HIS DECISION.

I ABSOLUTELY UNDERSTAND WHY HE'D WANT SOME VENGEANCE AFTER THAT.. DON'T THINK THERE ARE A LOT OF PLAYERS HERE WHO WOULD HAVE ACTED DIFFERENTLY THAN HIM, WHETHER THEY HAD INTENTIONAL HOLES IN THEIR DEFENSE OR NOT.

blid

EE Patron

May 5th 2014, 3:28:11

i knew it was within 24 hours and knew it was spy DR kicking in, i didn't care at that point anyway because i'd already been caught, but seriously, 1.4m spies to 4000? that's insane! how did i ever fail anything! no matter how much DR there was!

ingle Game profile

May 5th 2014, 3:34:25

I had 1 mil spies and still had 28 mil bushels stolen by #317.

I was running the other rep casher.

SAM_DANGER Game profile

May 5th 2014, 3:36:35

I AGREE THERE. SPY DR IS STILL A BIT SEVERE ON THE GIGANTIC MISMATCHES LIKE THAT..

THEN AGAIN, #8 SURE DIDN'T SEEM TO HAVE MUCH TROUBLE STEALING FROM ME OVER AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN, EVEN THOUGH I HAD A MILLIONISH SPIES ON 20K ACRES.

HEH.. EVERY DAY I'D LOOK AT HIM, THINK.. "OK, I CAN JUST JUMP TO 'X' NETWORTH TODAY.. HE'S GOT OTHERS FIGHTING HIM, WON'T BE ABLE TO GROW, WON'T BE IN RANGE TO STEAL FROM ME" SO I'D BUY SOME MILITARY EARLIER THAN I WANTED TO, AND THE NEXT DAY LOG IN TO ANOTHER LONG LIST OF OPS.

I GUESS I SHOULD HAVE JUST JOINED IN PUMMELLING HIM WITH THE OTHERS.. NOT LIKE THERE WAS ANY CHANCE OF A GREAT FINISH FOR ME ANYWAY AT 20K ACRES.

Serpentor Game profile

May 5th 2014, 3:42:27

Hah, blid... You so EEVIL!!! It is a pretty big temptation I guess. He took the risk to have no spies, and You took the risk of stealing from him. Nobody can be angry or surprised, you just both got caught up in your gambles.

Sometimes fluff goes down like that... Remember when I did that big "topfeed like" hit on bobby? Then he spent the round chasing me down. Lol. We both chalked it up as one of those moments and allied the next set. I'm sure oldman won't hold a grudge. This game is only for competitive fun after all. :-)
The EEVIL Empire

silentwolf Game profile

May 5th 2014, 3:43:56

Blid's lame justification on why he ruined another players set :p

say what you want.. from what I can see.. it was a cheap shot.

blid

EE Patron

May 5th 2014, 3:44:03

Originally posted by ingle:
I had 1 mil spies and still had 28 mil bushels stolen by #317.

I was running the other rep casher.
28m bushels stolen?? That's probably about the same amount I stole, and you HAD spies.

You were #174? I had no idea you were going to finish so high. Expense bonus all the way?

blid

EE Patron

May 5th 2014, 3:46:12

Originally posted by Serpentor:
Hah, blid... You so EEVIL!!! It is a pretty big temptation I guess. He took the risk to have no spies, and You took the risk of stealing from him. Nobody can be angry or surprised, you just both got caught up in your gambles.

Sometimes fluff goes down like that... Remember when I did that big "topfeed like" hit on bobby? Then he spent the round chasing me down. Lol. We both chalked it up as one of those moments and allied the next set. I'm sure oldman won't hold a grudge. This game is only for competitive fun after all. :-)
Yah i really thought 1) i wanted to make him pay for having 0 spies and 2) that he'd think it was #317 hehe... then i got caught! hope he's not too mad at me :X

Originally posted by silentwolf:

well you're obsessed with me, so i don't care what you think, but i stole 4m net from someone who decided to risk going with 0 spies. that's not ruining another players set. ingle just said he had juts as much stolen too. and we all still finished top ten

Edited By: blid on May 5th 2014, 4:00:12
See Original Post

Cannon Game profile

May 5th 2014, 4:00:28

I dropped my spies and had my airbases BLASTED. Thanks a lot banana. Lost like 20-25million networth total over the last week due to Troops and jets being constantly driven away. Wasn't going to be an amazing reset anyways but I'll never drop spies like that again

Xinhuan Game profile

May 5th 2014, 4:03:33

You know what's funny?

blid thought oldman's 0 spy country was me.

Also, oldman mentioned he didn't manage to jump his final stock, the set ended at the moment he recalled all his food.

Xinhuan Game profile

May 5th 2014, 4:09:50

Oh yeah Serp, it was indeed an attempt to undercut you (i market spied him). I sold 20m units at $175, undercutting your 20m units at $185 and 31m turrets at $195 - I don't believe the turrets at $195 would ever sell, but the $185 might. All the $175 sold, I don't know you if you recalled your units to undercut me, or if you market spied me back.

But geeze, that means you have had 101m turrets in total. If you only had half that, your finish would probably be about 2-3m NW higher, since jet upkeep is quite a bit less than turret upkeep.

blid

EE Patron

May 5th 2014, 4:12:25

It was the message he sent that made me think it was you. I'm not sure why though. Oh also probably because of how you were posting none of the cashers would make 100m, thought one had to be you. So we had ingle, h2o, me, and oldman all as rep cashers this set. Not good.

Edited By: blid on May 5th 2014, 4:23:21
See Original Post

silentwolf Game profile

May 5th 2014, 4:15:35

Originally posted by blid:
Originally posted by Serpentor:

Yah i really thought 1) i wanted to make him pay for having 0 spies and 2) that he'd think it was #317 hehe... then i got caught! hope he's not too mad at me :X

Originally posted by silentwolf:

well you're obsessed with me, so i don't care what you think, but i stole 4m net from someone who decided to risk going with 0 spies. that's not ruining another players set. ingle just said he had juts as much stolen too. and we all still finished top ten

no way I am obsessed with you blid. making him pay for having low or no spies ? LOL .. funny how you look at it.

anyway, we all had stuff stolen from us.

crest23 Game profile

May 5th 2014, 4:15:37

Why's that funny?

You made it pretty much sound like it was yours. Oldman is the only one I know that drops spies though.

I left money on the table too, trying to destock on a phone sucks while grocery shopping with the kids.

Who ran Ang? he robbed me blind. Why has Xin not posted the top 100 already, I want to know who ran that country.
The Nigerian Nightmare.

grimjoww Game profile

May 5th 2014, 4:22:42

Mac is #15 and im #114

got bombed buildings and food/cash stolen as well :/ oh well good job everyone!!

oldman Game profile

May 5th 2014, 4:26:51

I'll respond in full when I'm home. Sneaking a reply at work. Am in a lunch meeting :(

I'll was driving when the set ended. Had enough stock to get to 100m despite all that was stolen.

LATC Game profile

May 5th 2014, 4:38:56

lol blid all of your arguments about morality and ethics and how topfeeding is a fluff move just went out the door with your fluff move on oldman.
Originally posted by Xinhuan:
Are you guys stupid or what?

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

May 5th 2014, 4:41:31

Originally posted by LATC:
lol blid all of your arguments about morality and ethics and how topfeeding is a fluff move just went out the door with your fluff move on oldman.

+100
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

blid

EE Patron

May 5th 2014, 4:43:51

What did I say about morality and ethics of topfeeding that relates to this? I believe my argument was that if someone takes land from you, you should be able to grab back multiple times if that's what it takes to recover it. Without deserving to be suicided on. What on earth does that have to do with someone running zero spies getting thieved?

crest23 Game profile

May 5th 2014, 4:44:33

Only if you had booms on your last 2 turns maybe.

Blid asked me about it and I stated to him that if it was me, I would bomb the banks and raid your stock as well. I had ~1.7 million spies and only stopped 3 attempts on me on harmful spy attempts. I caught the hell out of all the other investigational spying, but the harmful ones, nothing. Until the last day when he came back to work me over some more. So to run around with ZERO spies, what's the logic behind that? Can't wait to read your response. Even countries that spy you just to investigate would be tempted to go ahead and work you over some. So to get upset that it did indeed happen???
The Nigerian Nightmare.

blid

EE Patron

May 5th 2014, 4:55:54

Haha, funny that only one person agrees with me, but it just happens to be the person I checked with ahead of time. :S

crest23 Game profile

May 5th 2014, 5:07:54

I must say that it is refreshing to see someone bomb banks and make top 10 rather than all the other nuisance players that steal from hell and back and finish http://www.eestats.com/primary/oldcountry/576/134.
The Nigerian Nightmare.

h2orich Game profile

May 5th 2014, 5:08:08

I didn't say it was wrong to do it.. more like why would you do that.. Its not as tho you know he won't retaliate, and as I said you already got lucky by just losing 6m nw from the retaliation.

blid

EE Patron

May 5th 2014, 5:15:19

well as I said I never thought I'd fail an op, so I thought it would likely be attributed to someone who had bombed banks previously. On top of that, I didn't really think he'd fire the missiles since he knew he was assuming the risk by running zero spies (not that I'm saying I'm mad that he did). And also, firing those missiles, it meant I could just totally end him you know, because by breaking GDI, it opened up my spies to bomb the fluff out of his airbases/troops. I only did it 5 times, I could have done it 25 more.

crest23 Game profile

May 5th 2014, 5:17:58

1.7 million bushels stolen a turn. That's great incentive to do it if the opponent had no spies. Though looking at the news now I think blid should have only gone for the food. More damage that way or at least factored in spy dr and not get caught.
The Nigerian Nightmare.

crest23 Game profile

May 5th 2014, 5:20:56

@blid, I told you #62 was a casher and not a techer he had some many tech allies.
The Nigerian Nightmare.

h2orich Game profile

May 5th 2014, 5:36:46

stealing food and cash is the new stealing tech op.

Xinhuan Game profile

May 5th 2014, 6:02:55

Originally posted by crest23:
Who ran Ang? he robbed me blind. Why has Xin not posted the top 100 already, I want to know who ran that country.

The TNW leaderboard (and every other leaderboard) only updates once a day. And it does not happen at midnight server time (i.e it hasn't happened yet). Can't deduce owners until it updates.

Originally posted by h2orich:
stealing food and cash is the new stealing tech op.

Well, food and cash can be stored on the market (in bushels form). The player has a mitigation method, unlike tech points which can only be stored 1/4.

h2orich Game profile

May 5th 2014, 7:55:37

2 days ago
Ang Pagbabalik (#317): Enemy operatives stole $12,461,855 and destroyed $0 worth of cash!
2 days ago
Ang Pagbabalik (#317): Enemy operatives stole $12,511,903 and destroyed $0 worth of cash!
2 days ago
Ang Pagbabalik (#317): Enemy operatives stole $12,562,151 and destroyed $0 worth of cash!
2 days ago
Ang Pagbabalik (#317): Enemy operatives stole $12,612,602 and destroyed $0 worth of cash!
2 days ago
Ang Pagbabalik (#317): Enemy operatives stole $12,663,255 and destroyed $0 worth of cash!
2 days ago
Ang Pagbabalik (#317): Enemy operatives stole $12,714,111 and destroyed $0 worth of cash!
2 days ago
Ang Pagbabalik (#317): Enemy operatives stole $12,765,172 and destroyed $0 worth of cash!
2 days ago
Ang Pagbabalik (#317): Enemy operatives stole $12,816,437 and destroyed $0 worth of cash!
2 days ago
Ang Pagbabalik (#317): Enemy operatives stole $12,867,909 and destroyed $0 worth of cash!
2 days ago
Ang Pagbabalik (#317): Enemy operatives stole $12,919,587 and destroyed $0 worth of cash!
2 days ago
Ang Pagbabalik (#317): Enemy operatives stole $12,971,473 and destroyed $0 worth of cash!
2 days ago
Ang Pagbabalik (#317): Enemy operatives stole $13,023,568 and destroyed $0 worth of cash!
2 days ago
Ang Pagbabalik (#317): Enemy operatives stole $13,075,871 and destroyed $0 worth of cash!
2 days ago
Ang Pagbabalik (#317): Enemy operatives stole $13,128,385 and destroyed $0 worth of cash!
2 days ago
Ang Pagbabalik (#317): Enemy operatives stole $13,181,109 and destroyed $0 worth of cash!
2 days ago
Ang Pagbabalik (#317): Enemy operatives stole $13,234,045 and destroyed $0 worth of cash!
2 days ago
Ang Pagbabalik (#317): Enemy operatives stole $13,287,194 and destroyed $0 worth of cash!
2 days ago
Ang Pagbabalik (#317): Enemy operatives stole $13,340,556 and destroyed $0 worth of cash!
2 days ago
Ang Pagbabalik (#317): Enemy operatives stole $13,394,133 and destroyed $0 worth of cash!
2 days ago
Ang Pagbabalik (#317): Enemy operatives stole $13,447,924 and destroyed $0 worth of cash!

Apr 18, 22:05
Exoplanet (#235): Enemy operatives destroyed 56 buildings!
Exoplanet (#235): Enemy operatives destroyed 57 buildings!
Exoplanet (#235): Enemy operatives destroyed 58 buildings!
Apr 18, 22:04
Exoplanet (#235): Enemy operatives destroyed 59 buildings!
Exoplanet (#235): Enemy operatives destroyed 60 buildings!
Exoplanet (#235): Enemy operatives destroyed 60 buildings!
Exoplanet (#235): Enemy operatives destroyed 61 buildings!
Exoplanet (#235): Enemy operatives destroyed 62 buildings!
Exoplanet (#235): Enemy operatives destroyed 63 buildings!
Exoplanet (#235): Enemy operatives destroyed 64 buildings!
Exoplanet (#235): Enemy operatives destroyed 65 buildings!
Exoplanet (#235): Enemy operatives destroyed 66 buildings!
Exoplanet (#235): Enemy operatives destroyed 67 buildings!
Exoplanet (#235): Enemy operatives destroyed 68 buildings!
Exoplanet (#235): Enemy operatives destroyed 70 buildings!
Exoplanet (#235): Enemy operatives destroyed 71 buildings!
Exoplanet (#235): Enemy operatives destroyed 72 buildings!
Exoplanet (#235): Enemy operatives destroyed 73 buildings!
Exoplanet (#235): Enemy operatives destroyed 74 buildings!
Exoplanet (#235): Enemy operatives destroyed 75 buildings!
Exoplanet (#235): Enemy operatives destroyed 76 buildings!
Exoplanet (#235): Enemy operatives destroyed 77 buildings!
Exoplanet (#235): Enemy operatives destroyed 78 buildings!
Exoplanet (#235): Enemy operatives destroyed 79 buildings!
Exoplanet (#235): Enemy operatives destroyed 80 buildings!
Exoplanet (#235): Enemy operatives destroyed 81 buildings!
Exoplanet (#235): Enemy operatives destroyed 83 buildings!
Exoplanet (#235): Enemy operatives destroyed 85 buildings!
Exoplanet (#235): Enemy operatives destroyed 86 buildings!

Why should country names be revealed after the set is over even tho they dont get caught??

oldman Game profile

May 5th 2014, 11:11:24

I was sloppy this set, real sloppy (in every sense). If I had placed my food on the market, none of this would have happened. My explanation will be an analogy, but if you think otherwise, it's fine. We can agree to disagree. I don't hold any grudges (unless you are h2o =P but that was only for a set heh).

We're all running a race and whoever runs fastest wins. I dropped my 1.5M spies with about 7-800 turns left in the set to save myself about $1.5b worth of expenses (it's an extra 5M nw, so why not? It would have been fine if I had placed my food properly on the market. Risk vs reward is tilting towards the rewards side). That is akin to equipping myself with better shoes so I can run a faster race, hoping to place myself in the top3 (I knew it was a farmer/techer set and casher had no chance to win). Doing that only bettered my finish and hurt absolutely nobody. Your thieving is akin to a fellow runner tripping me deliberately. You did it because you saw I had better shoes and I was going to beat you, so you stuck out your leg to trip me over so you could overtake me. I wouldn't have done what you did because I thought it was unsportsmanlike.

Also, I doubt our countries were equal prior to what you did despite your claims. I was going to finish with about 108m NW if you add back all that I've remaining and lost.

I lost a total of 32M bushels and $190M to you. I lost about $210M to #317. That is a total of 5.8M nw. You caused another 1.65M nw loss via dissension and air base bombing. The nuke of 2700 acres took out about 600k from my finishing NW. I was driving when the game ended. Had 70M bushels and $1.34B on hand and 2 remaining turns which I would have spent on 70% tax PCI booms (~$400M). Had a nearly full PM which I could have spent the money on. So my finishing NW would have been about 83.5M + 16M (stocks left) + 8.05M (lost) = 108M

Not my best set. I reckoned I could have finished north of 120M if I tried a bit harder. Was in China and India for 3+ weeks through the set so I lost at least 10-14 days of bonuses which is substantial (~40 pci booms).

oldman Game profile

May 5th 2014, 11:15:30

oh, before I forget, congrats on a set nicely played crest! Finally got your win =)

crest23 Game profile

May 5th 2014, 11:44:49

Thanks!

Though I wouldn't call it a race on who runs the fastest. Definitely not when you knocked down 101 players on your way to the end of the race.
The Nigerian Nightmare.

blid

EE Patron

May 5th 2014, 12:34:17

Originally posted by oldman:

Also, I doubt our countries were equal prior to what you did despite your claims. I was going to finish with about 108m NW if you add back all that I've remaining and lost.
I had been calculating a 105m finish for myself but based on where I ended up, it's possible I was calculating wrong. Based on my spy ops though we did look quite equal. I did lots of expense bonus and a lot more tech, and was cashing the same amount.

Originally posted by oldman:
That is akin to equipping myself with better shoes so I can run a faster race, hoping to place myself in the top3 (I knew it was a farmer/techer set and casher had no chance to win). Doing that only bettered my finish and hurt absolutely nobody. Your thieving is akin to a fellow runner tripping me deliberately. You did it because you saw I had better shoes and I was going to beat you, so you stuck out your leg to trip me over so you could overtake me. I wouldn't have done what you did because I thought it was unsportsmanlike.
I don't really think this is a fair analogy. If you sold all your turrets, you could also boost your finish, right? ...Provided no one attacks you. But you didn't do that, because you know the risks. And there's no reason when you do take such risks (no spies, no turrets) that you should be inured against all consequences.

If you are increasing your net by 5m through selling your spies, is my choice is to either let you finish with a 5m edge I don't receive or to also drop all my spies and leave myself open to everyone? I think if someone is trying to get the edge on me in this way, I have the right to try to take the edge back... It's more like you were trying to score as many goals as possible, so you pulled the goalie, because you thought your defense could cover it. And then your defense lapsed and I put a few in the net for myself.

blid

EE Patron

May 5th 2014, 12:44:07

If I stole 6m of net, and you say dropping your spies was worth 5m of net, then I basically took the advantage you were creating and used it for myself. And I was only able to do that because you made the mistake of having food at home. Still seems quite fair to me, esp since this entire game is based on taking from people who can't defend themselves from you. Not that I think it was 'wrong' for you to send missiles at me for exploiting that, but that was the first time either of us did something 'destructive' like tripping a runner. I think that's about enough said on this from my perspective at this point though I'm sure I'll end up posting more about it anyway

oldman Game profile

May 5th 2014, 12:51:14

well, nobody is truly right or wrong. I just thought it was unsportsmanlike. And you, of course, are entitled to your own opinion. I didn't recall my food and put them up for sale before my 40 hour log out, so it was dumb of me. If I had done that, the most I would have lost is maybe $500m cash. I could live with that vs a 5M nw reward for having no spies.

Xinhuan Game profile

May 5th 2014, 13:00:45

I'm not sure the argument of whether it is "sportsmanlike" is even a good one.

[Example A: Market-spy undercut]
Take for example, I market spied Serp to see what he priced his final resell units at, with the full intent to undercut him. Which I did. Now, is this a sportsmanlike behavior? By undercutting him, I made my finish slightly better, and his finish slightly worse. Would you do the same thing?

[Example B: Blid-oldman]
Is this similar or different from stealing cash from a player that you know deliberately dropped to zero spies to better your finish and make his worse?

[Example C: Classic topfeed]
Is this similar or different from topfeeding a player to make your finish better, and his worse?

How would you rate whether it is sportsmanlike in each example?

blid

EE Patron

May 5th 2014, 13:10:03

I'm not sure the argument of whether it is "sportsmanlike" is even a good one.

(Example A: Market-spy undercut)
Take for example, I market spied Serp to see what he priced his final resell units at, with the full intent to undercut him. Which I did. Now, is this a sportsmanlike behavior? By undercutting him, I made my finish slightly better, and his finish slightly worse. Would you do the same thing?
Lol, this cracks me up

Interesting thing is how much bullfluff Ang Pagbabalik got away with, and nobody did anything. Was he really just going balls out to finish top 30 instead of top 40? Or was he just trying to be an ass?

One important note to this set might be how aggressively h2o was farming people, because not one of them hit back (he just got hit with normal retals) which sets a precedent for playing like that in the future. I couldn't believe it when he hit PuzzleBox like 7 days in a row (in range every day) and the guy never did anything, that guy had 500k bus and 500k res tech or something very nice like that. Or he hit I Remember Limited like 5 times, while being in the top ten, while that guy had 20 missiles. Still seems too risky to me but I saw it as this round kind of setting up like Tourney: you can't keep up with someone farming people, and the person farming people just has to hope no one goes apefluff on him.

tbh I was set back heavily early, when I got midfed by Bibigon, topfed by a guy for hitting his ally, and ROR topfed by that Request for Production guy. :/

Edited By: blid on May 5th 2014, 13:12:33
See Original Post

blid

EE Patron

May 5th 2014, 13:15:00

Oh and another big question of this set is: did qzjul ruin grabbing?

LATC Game profile

May 5th 2014, 13:51:19

blid I'm not saying what you did was wrong, I might've considered doing the same thing, but the fact that, of all people, you did it and with your justification is what surprises me.

I RoR guys who sell off turrets and go all jets to retal me because that deserves to be punished as well, but I believe you had a hard time grasping that as a non-fluff move when I did it.

Same with you having a problem with ppl (like bibigon/CROATIA) TFing people. They have solid defenses and can get away with TFing some of the time. They're bettering their country by hurting ones ahead of them, especially ones with more jets than turrets. It's the same thing as what you did with oldman no?

LATC Game profile

May 5th 2014, 13:58:23

Oh yeah and also congrats crest!

Getafix Game profile

EE Patron

May 5th 2014, 14:02:04

BiBiGon double tapped me and we had quite a war. That guy never quits, lol. Next time, if there is one, I'll buy SDI beforehand and AB him into the ground for about 10 days straight, its the only way to stop him I think. Live and learn!

crest23 Game profile

May 5th 2014, 14:19:34

Originally posted by Getafix:
BiBiGon double tapped me and we had quite a war. That guy never quits, lol. Next time, if there is one, I'll buy SDI beforehand and AB him into the ground for about 10 days straight, its the only way to stop him I think. Live and learn!

That's the only way to stop an ass. You either commit to war or don't commit at all.

"I took away his guns,.....both of them"

If you think you can lob a few missiles and continue netting, you have a long ways to go. Just look at what Cable did to Gogy, exposed him for the n00b that he is by smacking him in the teeth, opening his mouth, and smacking him some more. WHILE making gogy look him in the face, just so he knew exactly who was fkin him up.
The Nigerian Nightmare.