Verified:

h2orich Game profile

Mar 5th 2014, 7:03:02

I suppose the new DR will be in place with this coming set? Land will be so scarce.....

Given that DR half life is about 22 hours on average. A country that got hit 8 times will have a DR count of 4 on the 2nd day and 2 on the 3rd day, provided no one else hits him which is impossible, because I'm sure there will people that's on eestats that goes "Oh, look a guy that is in 0 DR, let me grab him" without even seeing the past 48 hours history.

Edited By: h2orich on Mar 5th 2014, 7:07:43

Xinhuan Game profile

Mar 5th 2014, 7:06:42

Oh god. Time to script in some DR calculating stuff.

h2orich Game profile

Mar 5th 2014, 7:12:37

Its not the calulcating/estimating that is hard, its the half life lasts too long(72 hours).

Before this change, DR disappears totally every 24 hours, but now, there's still 0.5 left. Meaning that there will be 50% less land.

Ka Mac

Mar 5th 2014, 7:13:57

Originally posted by Xinhuan:
Oh god. Time to script in some DR calculating stuff.

Share, will ya? :P

I think Osso of Evo did some spreadsheets for the DR thing, not sure if that will be applicable to this server.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Mar 5th 2014, 7:18:27

Hmnn, I had forgotten about this crap :-/
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

Ka Mac

Mar 5th 2014, 7:35:39

Originally posted by KoHeartsGPA:

You got busy with those thieves. :p

blid

EE Patron

Mar 5th 2014, 12:51:58

Yeah no one will get as much land this reset or so I think. I told qzjul I thought DR was too long, but he didn't agree. :P

Originally posted by blid:
Also, in primary/tournament/anywhere else, if currently after 24 hours, 4 attacks DR becomes 0, and now after 20 hours (18*1.1), 4 attacks DR becomes 2, isn't everyone always going to be in a lot more DR?

Originally posted by qzjul:
hm it depends on the average hit rate on a country, and the timing. If they're getting 3 hits per day or less, and the last hit was more than 6 hours ago, they have less DR than they previously would, for example.

Even if they were being hit 7x per day, but the last hit was more than 18 hours ago, they're fully 1 less DR than they would previously have been.

So no.

Edited By: blid on Mar 5th 2014, 12:54:08
See Original Post
Originally posted by Mr. Titanium:
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

Cable Game profile

Mar 5th 2014, 13:27:35

His quote doesnt make any sense..... who gets hit 7 times ij one day 18 hours apart.... plus the guy would havw 6 DR before being hit a 7th time......

Whats the forumla for this server now? Half Life every 12 hours?

blid

EE Patron

Mar 5th 2014, 13:33:50

18 hours. And remember it's adjusted for oversends, so if you oversend by 10% because of the random factor, that makes it 19.8 hours. So, basically, DR half-life of 20 hours and DR lasts twice as long now.

If a guy got hit 4 times two days ago, and 4 times yesterday, he'll still have 2 DR from yesterday and 1 DR from two days ago. This only becomes less DR if someone got hit three times, say, 10 hours ago. Before he'd still be in 3 DR, but now he's in like 2.25 or something...
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

Cannon Game profile

Mar 5th 2014, 13:34:12

So ghost DR then? I wasn't really paying attention before but should probably get to know this

h2orich Game profile

Mar 5th 2014, 13:51:21

what worries me more is that newer players that do not bother to find out how this new DR works and just go to eestats as usual and see that the country they want to hit is DR0 without checking the past 72 hours. That would put those countries into further DR.

crest23 Game profile

Mar 5th 2014, 14:34:24

qz doesn't know understand this server, until he does he should stop making changes to it. He should stick to Alliance.
The Nigerian Nightmare.

Chewi Game profile

Mar 5th 2014, 16:37:50

Grabbing other than land trading isn't really worth it on alliance. Time to start on this server?!?

Cable Game profile

Mar 5th 2014, 16:41:41

Hes nuked express and now primary.... mabye I should take the advice given to me a few days ago and change games.

EEs been fun but its just going down hill fast, the EEstats guy said he wasn't gonna recode EEstats either so.... well fluff. Im not gonna spread sheet DR for 72 hours, it already takes too long to find targets in primary let alone calculatong DR from the past 3 days.....

blid

EE Patron

Mar 5th 2014, 17:02:16

I like the DR change in Express. I don't really like allies being removed but Express still works

Primary we'll have to see. the DR half-life stuff isn't bad in theory though I do think the half-life will be too long. will finding targets be a pain? I think maybe, but I'm not sure if the concept is a problem, I think the biggest difficulty will be that everyone's in more DR...

The half-life thing I don't think was really done with Alliance specifically in mind. It allowed them to change Express to a more reasonable DR length, and it's a bit more natural in general (DR won't stay at 1 for 23.99 hours, then go to 0 anymore).

However, qzjul's example of someone being hit 7 times shows that Alliance thought is still kind of intruding. In Alliance maybe it'll be nice that that 7 DR has waned down to 5 or something but in Primary we don't have a limited number of untagged countries we all want to farm heh, we have more options. I try to always hit people whose DR is 0-2, and for the most part I can, with a few 3-4 DRs mixed in. I want to hit people *without* DR and this long half-life may mean everyone's always in DR

ANYWAY, say nobody can get past 40k acres. which strategy does that help most...

Edited By: blid on Mar 5th 2014, 17:17:10
See Original Post

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Mar 5th 2014, 17:14:10

Originally posted by Ka Mac:
Originally posted by KoHeartsGPA:

You got busy with those thieves. :p

Took notes too! :p

Originally posted by crest23:
qz doesn't know understand this server, until he does he should stop making changes to it. He should stick to Alliance.

Agreed, he's fluffing up the best server now.

I also wonder if spies are going to be as devastating as the way they are on team server, I found out these last couple days, bio terrorism is devastating, I'm still amazed how much damage to production it creates, I was on receiving end and its nasty!
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)

SAM_DANGER Game profile

Mar 5th 2014, 17:36:29

Originally posted by blid:
I like the DR change in Express. I don't really like allies being removed but Express still works

Primary we'll have to see. the DR half-life stuff isn't bad in theory though I do think the half-life will be too long. will finding targets be a pain? I think maybe, but I'm not sure if the concept is a problem, I think the biggest difficulty will be that everyone's in more DR...

The half-life thing I don't think was really done with Alliance specifically in mind. It allowed them to change Express to a more reasonable DR length, and it's a bit more natural in general (DR won't stay at 5 for 23.99 hours, then go to 0 anymore).

However, qzjul's example of someone being hit 7 times shows that Alliance thought is still kind of intruding. In Alliance maybe it'll be nice that that 7 DR is down to 5 or something but in Primary we don't have a limited number of untagged countries we all want to farm heh. And I try to always hit people whose DR isn't 0-2, and for the most part I can, with a few 3-4 DRs mixed in.

ANYWAY, say nobody can get past 40k acres. which strategy does that help most...

WOULDN'T A CHANGE WHICH EQUALLY NEGATIVELY IMPACTS EVERYONE'S ABILITY TO GAIN LAND, RESULT IN NO ADVANTAGE FOR ANY PARTICULAR STRATEGY? EVERYONE WILL BE PRODUCING LESS, AND ALSO CONSUMING LESS. I WOULD THINK THAT UNLESS THERE IS A *PERCEIVED* ADVANTAGE FOR ONE PARTICULAR STRATEGY, THIS CHANGE WOULD HAVE A MINISCULE IMPACT ON OVERALL MARKETS.

TECH AT FIRST SEEMS TO BE THE OBVIOUS CHOICE FOR WHO BENEFITS MOST WHEN LAND LEVELS ARE LOW, BUT.... WHO WILL BE BUYING ALL THAT TECH, IF EVERYONE HAS 1/3 LESS LAND? TECH ACTUALLY HAS SIGNIFICANT RISK THIS RESET OF MARKETS BECOMING SATURATED, IF TOO MANY PLAYERS REACT TO THIS CHANGE BY PLAYING TECH.

ALSO, DO YOU THINK THE NEW DR WILL REALLY HAVE THAT SIGNIFICANT OF AN IMPACT ON LAND AMOUNTS? NOT TRYING TO ARGUE WITH YOU HERE, JUST WONDERING WHETHER YOU THINK THAT 40K NUMBER IS ACCURATE, OR JUST AN EXAMPLE NUMBER PULLED FROM THIN AIR.

AND HMMM... ONE OTHER THING I JUST THOUGHT OF. SINCE THOSE WHO ARE HIT FREQUENTLY WILL BE LOSING LESS, DOES THAT MEAN THEY'LL GRADUALLY BECOME FATTER, THUS YIELDING MORE LAND TO FUTURE ATTACKERS? PERHAPS THIS CHANGE MERELY DELAYS THE GROWTH OF THE LARGEST COUNTRIES.

SHRUG

blid

EE Patron

Mar 5th 2014, 17:54:25

I was just throwing 40k out there as a hypothetical. I have no idea until we see it first hand.

Serpentor Game profile

Mar 5th 2014, 23:22:54

Ill be screwed. I don't have time to figure this crap out. Someone lay down a good estimating method for me please. :-)

I don't have spreadsheet "earth everything calculators" in my phone.

Bah... I'll be one of the newbs hitting for 100 acres all the time.
The EEVIL Empire

Chewi Game profile

Mar 5th 2014, 23:25:57

Originally posted by Serpentor:
Ill be screwed. I don't have time to figure this crap out. Someone lay down a good estimating method for me please. :-)

Go all jets so people keep hitting you into DR then topfeed people that have no chance to get their land back!

blid

EE Patron

Mar 6th 2014, 0:46:23

Originally posted by Serpentor:

The way I did it in Express is just look at eestats, find a target, click it, and then stare at it for like 5 seconds and guess

crest23 Game profile

Mar 6th 2014, 1:18:12

lol.
The Nigerian Nightmare.

Viceroy Game profile

Mar 6th 2014, 1:24:30

The question in my mind is will the increased total DR length for targeted countries mean more multiple hits and target farming to make up for the decreased efficiency of their land grabs or will it cause people to be more willing to accept targets they would have otherwise passed on?

Somehow I doubt the land totals will be lower for the top rankers, though I do believe that they will have to work harder to achieve their goals.
And, Monsters, do not forget to specify, when time and place shall serve, that I am an ass.

eManny Game profile

Mar 6th 2014, 1:28:00

I'm not going to play for a while I don't think.
Last set hurt my head enough, why bother.

Let others figure it out before jumping in lol

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Mar 6th 2014, 2:15:35

Originally posted by eManny:
I'm not going to play for a while I don't think.
Last set hurt my head enough, why bother.

Let others figure it out before jumping in lol

Play, get fat, wait for double tapper, RAWR!!!
(•_•)

Serpentor Game profile

Mar 6th 2014, 8:47:57

Chewi, you may have something there.
The EEVIL Empire

Zorp Game profile

EE Patron

Mar 6th 2014, 9:31:20

Here is the formula for calculating DR ripped straight from the Announcement:

For each hit within the past 72 hours, add 1/2^(T/H) where T is how many hours have passed since the hit, and H is the halflife, for which I substitute 22 for an average oversend of about 130%, or 30% past exact break. For each outgoing hit, subtract 1/2^(T/H). The maximum a halflife can be is 24 hours, which is a 150% oversend or higher, so you can use this number to get the most conservative estimate. If a hit is a DH, use H=19.8 as a conservative estimate.

Then to get the multiplier, take DR and plug it into the following formula: 0.1+(((DR-13)^2)/135). Obviously if this number is above 1, that means 100% returns since returns do not go above 100%. If you solve for DR, you find that this will equal 1 if DR is less than or equal to 1.98.

To get the ghost acres multiplier, follow the above process but don't subtract anything for offensive attacks, since offensive attacks don't negate ghost DR.

I'm not sure if set-long man to man DR is applicable on this server, but if it is make the halflife 168 (7 days) for targets where you have hit them at any point during the set, and of course fill in T hours since your hit on them.

Again, this is all taken directly from the announcement regarding the change.

Cannon Game profile

Mar 6th 2014, 13:34:49

That sort of equation makes me want to switch to another game, like throwing hand grenades from my balcony

Ka Mac

Mar 6th 2014, 15:40:15

Originally posted by Zorp:
Here is the formula for calculating DR ripped straight from the Announcement:

For each hit within the past 72 hours, add 1/2^(T/H) where T is how many hours have passed since the hit, and H is the halflife, for which I substitute 22 for an average oversend of about 130%, or 30% past exact break. For each outgoing hit, subtract 1/2^(T/H). The maximum a halflife can be is 24 hours, which is a 150% oversend or higher, so you can use this number to get the most conservative estimate. If a hit is a DH, use H=19.8 as a conservative estimate.

Then to get the multiplier, take DR and plug it into the following formula: 0.1+(((DR-13)^2)/135). Obviously if this number is above 1, that means 100% returns since returns do not go above 100%. If you solve for DR, you find that this will equal 1 if DR is less than or equal to 1.98.

To get the ghost acres multiplier, follow the above process but don't subtract anything for offensive attacks, since offensive attacks don't negate ghost DR.

I'm not sure if set-long man to man DR is applicable on this server, but if it is make the halflife 168 (7 days) for targets where you have hit them at any point during the set, and of course fill in T hours since your hit on them.

Again, this is all taken directly from the announcement regarding the change.

My head's gonna explode. :D

I'll just look for Zorp in the chatroom to ask. Heh :D

Xinhuan Game profile

Mar 6th 2014, 17:27:25

Zorp's formula is almost correct.

The DR of an attack is (1/2)^(T/H), and not 1/2^(T/H) as stated. The ^ operation has a higher priority than /.

Also, Zorp did not mention subtracting DR for every attack made by the attacker, and that all of this must be done in time chronological order, with each addition/subtraction of DR being checked against 0 (as DR cannot go below 0). Additionally, it does not mention that missiles should be ignored, and also failed specials against the country should also be ignored.

blid

EE Patron

Mar 6th 2014, 18:58:19

He mentioned subtracting DR
"For each outgoing hit, subtract 1/2^(T/H)."

Xinhuan Game profile

Mar 6th 2014, 19:26:59

Ooops. :P

blid

EE Patron

Mar 6th 2014, 20:07:08

So are you making a DR counting tool?

Bore said he didn't want to figure out the formulas for eestats, maybe someone should just email him with "(1/2)^(T/20)"

Serpentor Game profile

Mar 7th 2014, 3:46:27

Go ahead blid. His email is on the site. If its an easy change of formula, maybe he'll update it.
The EEVIL Empire

h2orich Game profile

Mar 7th 2014, 7:16:00

for express its T/8,
so maybe the DR column should be into rounded up/down to 1 decimal place

Zorp Game profile

EE Patron

Mar 7th 2014, 7:33:12

Originally posted by Xinhuan:
Zorp's formula is almost correct.

The DR of an attack is (1/2)^(T/H), and not 1/2^(T/H) as stated. The ^ operation has a higher priority than /.

Xinhuan, I honestly never thought I'd see the day when one of your posts was even the slightest bit incorrect and I would get to correct you. To be perfectly honest, it gives me a bit of a thrill.

The parentheses doesn't matter in this case. Go ahead and test it either way, the result is the same.

Zorp Game profile

EE Patron

Mar 7th 2014, 7:39:59

Further, it would be absolutely trivial to add this into eestats or earthgraphs. It really couldn't be more than ten lines of code at the absolute most for a basic version of it.

Just subtract current time by time of hit, and plug it into the equations for min (H=19.8) and max (H=24) DR. Calculating the multiplier would be only slightly more. Hell, if someone tells me how to get ahold of this guy, I'll do it for him.

h2orich Game profile

Mar 7th 2014, 8:26:49

think what xin meant was half to the power of T/H and not 1 divide by 2 to the power of T/H

Serpentor Game profile

Mar 7th 2014, 8:26:57

The EEVIL Empire

Zorp Game profile

EE Patron

Mar 7th 2014, 9:45:34

Originally posted by h2orich:
think what xin meant was half to the power of T/H and not 1 divide by 2 to the power of T/H

I understand perfectly. I'm saying that they are equivalent.

h2orich Game profile

Mar 7th 2014, 10:22:12

oh true. since 1^ to anything is still 1

Xinhuan Game profile

Mar 7th 2014, 11:58:00

Lol....

OOOOOOPS!

blid

EE Patron

Mar 7th 2014, 14:00:11

It's always better to include the parens

Cable Game profile

Mar 7th 2014, 14:05:59

Originally posted by Zorp:
Further, it would be absolutely trivial to add this into eestats or earthgraphs. It really couldn't be more than ten lines of code at the absolute most for a basic version of it.

Just subtract current time by time of hit, and plug it into the equations for min (H=19.8) and max (H=24) DR. Calculating the multiplier would be only slightly more. Hell, if someone tells me how to get ahold of this guy, I'll do it for him.

I like this guy..... I hope you can actually get it too work, because my sleep on the fly math skills suck and ill be that guy that screws it up :S

h2orich Game profile

Mar 10th 2014, 9:12:27

I got a simple spreadsheet, all you have to do is to paste eestats news for the past 72 hours of that country and it calculates the DR.

but its still a hassle having to open an excel sheet especially when grabbing off mobile. and you have to indicate if the country has made an attack or not + you have to filter out missiles and special attacks DH.

lenshark Game profile

Mar 10th 2014, 9:25:31

I can open up a page to everyone for primary's rank and news/history. All I need is a working dr formula.

h2orich Game profile

Mar 10th 2014, 9:33:50

well working formula is already up there stated

DR calculated for each hit is (1/2)^(T/H) where T is how many hours have passed since the hit, and H is the half life (22 with estimated 10% oversent in all hits.

just multiply the DR by -1 if country made an attack for that hit.

Add up all the hits and you get the final DR.

lenshark Game profile

Mar 10th 2014, 10:03:35

ok thanks, i'll come up with something tonight

Cannon Game profile

Mar 10th 2014, 12:25:09

Just a guess here.....#58 and #66 are the same guy? Or that's a big coincidence

h2orich Game profile

Mar 10th 2014, 12:54:07

can't they be friends?