Verified:

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 24th 2020, 21:20:29

Originally posted by Ponti:
KOH sounds like you gotta be feeling left out? This is generally your time of the reset your making the retals. Perhaps a round 2??
I'm 100% joking just trying to get a laugh I've been burnt to a crisp on that before.

LOL, seems my Dictator is on cruise control now surveying the field, I have no retals to take....I am however patiently waiting for someone to come knocking from up top, or revenge from the list of people that I hit multiple times....
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

Tmac Game profile

Apr 24th 2020, 22:07:06

I don't think anyone is rolling the dice on a 37k acre dictator =)

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 24th 2020, 22:20:14

I've got oil stocked up too 🤫
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)

Hessman123

Apr 24th 2020, 23:21:53

As per our messages in game.. maybe if you weren't a dictator I'd give ya a go :)

Repub vs Dict plus 1.5x PS bonus is bad news

DeLpHiNuS Game profile

Apr 25th 2020, 3:44:48

no one at the top is looking to hit zeal also cos he probably has 10bil worth of cash stock up by now lol

im a peaceful guy, my heart cannot take it with the huge lands flying here and there.. i prefer not to get hit rather than enjoying having a big retal going through.. i remember that time when i was making a retal on serp few rounds ago, i had to re-confirm everything from calculating, to checking whether he is online to make a jump to bounce retals, etc.. i took like 15min or so to recheck everything for few times so that i dont bounce, and it was definitely not a good feeling lol.. probably that's why im not a fan of roller coaster ride haha

DeLpHiNuS Game profile

Apr 25th 2020, 3:52:55

Originally posted by Hessman123:
As per our messages in game.. maybe if you weren't a dictator I'd give ya a go :)

Repub vs Dict plus 1.5x PS bonus is bad news

i havent play dict before.. having dict govt has some sort of psychological deterrent and normally i wont try to hit dict..
i want to play back my farmer next round.. maybe next round i shld try dict/farmer

UgolinoII Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 25th 2020, 20:41:18

I didn't have enough land when I started stocking, left me a viable grab target. Got lucky with that retal. Dunno if I got enough juice for any more.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 26th 2020, 3:14:18

Originally posted by KoHeartsGPA:
Originally posted by Rob:
What the.....

An earthquake occurred destroying 815 buildings!

Yeah I'm actually expecting one myself, had several in early stages but not for few weeks now :-/

Boom! There is mine....

An earthquake occurred destroying 631 buildings!
(•_•)

Hessman123

Apr 26th 2020, 3:17:11

Originally posted by UgolinoII:
I didn't have enough land when I started stocking, left me a viable grab target. Got lucky with that retal. Dunno if I got enough juice for any more.

I don't think you do :)

Ponti Game profile

Apr 26th 2020, 16:07:38

Originally posted by DeLpHiNuS:
no one at the top is looking to hit zeal also cos he probably has 10bil worth of cash stock up by now lol

im a peaceful guy, my heart cannot take it with the huge lands flying here and there.. i prefer not to get hit rather than enjoying having a big retal going through.. i remember that time when i was making a retal on serp few rounds ago, i had to re-confirm everything from calculating, to checking whether he is online to make a jump to bounce retals, etc.. i took like 15min or so to recheck everything for few times so that i dont bounce, and it was definitely not a good feeling lol.. probably that's why im not a fan of roller coaster ride haha

Well looks like you have the ability to perfect your method as this just happened.

What a audacious attack at this point. Huge risk, huge reward as this blew bast big risk big reward. I'm really really starting to enjoy this reset and the antics of all the players. I started of this reset in burnt mode just playing but with minimal effort now I think far more interested then any set previously.

Ponti Game profile

Apr 26th 2020, 16:15:02

I wish I had more spies just to take some a couple quick peaks at what's happening. My assumption Delphinus 70% turrets and now to make the conversion over to jets to catch and retal will give Serp the ability to do the same in reverse and move up the scores to stay out of range. It's a move I would do as it checks out if your a Bold player. I could be of base here but I think a scenario like this would check out.

Rob Game profile

Apr 26th 2020, 17:40:36

Yeah its been a very interesting set.

Only wish i was in the running for a win or top 3 :(

Still, all in all enjoyed this one

DeLpHiNuS Game profile

Apr 27th 2020, 0:42:25

I wish I had more spies just to take some a couple quick peaks at what's happening. My assumption Delphinus 70% turrets and now to make the conversion over to jets to catch and retal will give Serp the ability to do the same in reverse and move up the scores to stay out of range. It's a move I would do as it checks out if your a Bold player. I could be of base here but I think a scenario like this would check out.

lol u are almost right, in fact i was guarding against the top 2 and didnt expect serp to come hitting.. i was making a defensive ally upgrade in that few hrs gap, and then serp caught me when i have only 1 ally.. he made a risky hit, so there's 2 outcomes.. one is i manage to make a retal and we move on, or 2nd is i will chase him all the way and his maintenance cost could hurt with his massive turrets that he should be going to build up.. problem is no one is selling jets in this 12hrs, so my conversion is holding up and i guess i can only build my jets up ownself..

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Apr 27th 2020, 0:52:50

You are a commie casher? commie farmer?

Why would you need to buy jets if you are a commie indy?

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 27th 2020, 2:58:39

100% jet production is in order!
(•_•)

DeLpHiNuS Game profile

Apr 27th 2020, 3:20:07

Originally posted by Gerdler:
You are a commie casher? commie farmer?

Why would you need to buy jets if you are a commie indy?

i had majority turrets and about 20% jets.. i dunno how long serp has been peeping me but he marginally broke me just at the time when i was upgrading defence ally to one of the top guys.. i would have gained additional 9mil worth of turrets in defence had i made the switch successfully before he tapped me, and he would not be able to break me.. im a commie indy, but i have my reasons for doing so which i will talk about it much later when the dust settles.. anyway, probably serp knows what im trying to do already..

in any case, it kinda pisses me off when im losing lands that im not supposed to.. and it feels like a stab in my back when serp did that hit on me.. he was landfat at that networth and if i had every intention of trading land at this stage, i could do so (which i would have more gains since im having less land) but this would spoil his run to the top.. i thought we all have the common mutual understanding of not screwing up each other's run to our final objective, but he drew first blood yet again..

i pay good respect to some of the smaller acquaintances and fellow top veterans that i know, and i would as much as possible avoided hitting any of them, even if they are not having their best round.. which is why i avoided ugo, cumorah, u etc, while the rest at the top are happily taking advantage of the conflicts u guys are having.. it probably still wont change how i behave, but it is really a nice fat slap from serp

Tmac Game profile

Apr 27th 2020, 4:35:43

You were suppose to lose that land because serp sent enough jets to break you. A stab in the back would be dropping a d ally, then hitting them. Getting grabbed by a guy that has hit you before doesn't seem like a backstab.

Judging from previous posts from ugo/cumorah, i don't think they agree with your philosophy. It doesn't bother me that cumorah farmed the crap outta someone, but it caught up to him. I took advantage of a situation he brought on himself. I was allied to ugo last set, and like him. He was my best target one day this set so i hit him. Maybe he's having more fun chasing these retals, maybe not. I've grabbed nearly everyone on the server, not going to have unspoken naps.

DeLpHiNuS Game profile

Apr 27th 2020, 4:53:42

Originally posted by Tmac:
You were suppose to lose that land because serp sent enough jets to break you. A stab in the back would be dropping a d ally, then hitting them. Getting grabbed by a guy that has hit you before doesn't seem like a backstab.

Judging from previous posts from ugo/cumorah, i don't think they agree with your philosophy. It doesn't bother me that cumorah farmed the crap outta someone, but it caught up to him. I took advantage of a situation he brought on himself. I was allied to ugo last set, and like him. He was my best target one day this set so i hit him. Maybe he's having more fun chasing these retals, maybe not. I've grabbed nearly everyone on the server, not going to have unspoken naps.

well i guess it is just a one-sided trust that i misplace on someone, with the assumption that serp would not take the advantage of the gap.. he had allied with me before, so it does feel a little bit of backstab for me cos i personally would not ever hit the person ever if im aware he was a past ally.. probably my way of thinking has greatly reduced my number of targets to hit every set, but that is just me, and i would rather preserve relationships than to gun for the top.. winning the round is a bonus to me, and im not going to throw all my principles to achieve that as much as possible

i think everyone has their own way of thinking, and im not going to say these are incorrect, just like everyone making multiple taps on smaller guys which i did not disagree.. so u can have your point of argument which im not going to disagree

Serpentor Game profile

Apr 27th 2020, 5:45:05

no I wasn’t eyeing you for a long time. Just took a spy because you were one of 2 viable countries left to hit, and yours was the only one that would allow me to hit my land goal.

It’s a risky hit for sure, but as demonstrated every reset, I take huge risks to reach my land goals on time. Sorry, that we aren’t allies this round, it definitely isn’t meant as an insult or anything, just my final grab on the one of the last countries available in the server. I kind of play robotic on autopilot, and forget to think that some people have emotional connections or responses in this game. I apologize and know that you will do your best to hunt me down for payback. 😉

Retal success or not, I’m totally ok with allying you next set to avoid this kind of situation if you like. I never hit an ally, not even a tech start ally. I just don’t carry DNH’s or grudges from set to set. Every round is a new round to me. I had my last hit on Ugo last round, and he obliterated me with a hit back. This round is a new game and we are allies.

The EEVIL Empire

Hessman123

Apr 27th 2020, 12:52:10

I think you have to play a little bit dirty on this server and I expect it from everyone on here

I don’t take anything personally and I think the GDI rules make it so that we have to hit a lot more different players

For example I have 1 or maybe 2 viable targets left and then if I want to grab anymore I’m basically picking out who I’m most comfortable breaking gdi against

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Apr 27th 2020, 16:14:32

Honestly its not about trust that way. If anyone can get away with hitting you and benefitting from it you deserve to get hit, period. That is what the game is about. Its your job to not be in that position. I think Serp hit you some time before, I seem to remember that. Did you retal then? Will you retal now? If the answer is no to both those you can expect Serp to hit you again, and others as well perhaps.

I am more like you in that I don't do risky hits at all most sets. I play for the endgame, the art and math behind stocking, turns, cash, food and buying tech, and military in the right order.... It annoys the hell out of me when someone bothers me while doing that, so I make sure they regret it. You should too.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 27th 2020, 20:05:43

One of the biggest risks you run into late set is doing an Allie upgrade in defense department, that same thing happened to me several sets back and I believe it was Cumorah that caught me with my pants around my ankles LOL, better luck next time Delphi, I know I learned a lesson when it happened to me ;-)
(•_•)

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Apr 27th 2020, 20:22:29

You couldn't retal?

Thing is at the top everyone can break everyone if they want to. Its lose-lose for all to hit one another tho, unless someone decides not to retal for some weird reason.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 27th 2020, 20:38:46

You couldn't retal?

Thing is at the top everyone can break everyone if they want to. Its lose-lose for all to hit one another tho, unless someone decides not to retal for some weird reason.

I don't remember if I did or not, I have a serious case of CRS
(•_•)

Tmac Game profile

Apr 27th 2020, 20:42:54

If your ally was so low d that you needed an upgrade, you were actually vulnerable before you dropped them too. An extra mil or 2 turrets help isn't going to scare someone off that wants to hit ya.

Ponti Game profile

Apr 27th 2020, 20:49:47

You couldn't retal?

This is simply untrue. Lots of scenarios play out where it is true but lots play out where it is not true. I have seen and been apart or people outrunning retals. In fact 3 sets out of 3 I have outrun most retals, koh being my first and only so far that has caught me. I fear the second is on its way shortly however that move was an incorrect choice. But my point being it is highly advantageous if the correct strat and correct timing present itself. One could argue well Ponti you would have scored higher each set had you not made a few hits. Well that is correct but I had a blast won 1 game and broke 100 mil twice that's good enough for me.

Ponti Game profile

Apr 27th 2020, 20:51:49

If your ally was so low d that you needed an upgrade, you were actually vulnerable before you dropped them too. An extra mil or 2 turrets help isn't going to scare someone off that wants to hit ya.

This is a fact.
One of the biggest risks you run into late set is doing an Allie upgrade in defense department, that same thing happened to me several sets back and I believe it was Cumorah that caught me with my pants around my ankles LOL, better luck next time Delphi, I know I learned a lesson when it happened to me ;-)

This is also a fact. I'll only upgrade D allies when we are both online at same time for a quick switch if needed.

Ponti Game profile

Apr 27th 2020, 21:16:42

I also am going to put this out there I think Serps move was Brilliant. Percent execution, percent timing, simply a nice move. Caught Delphinus at a bad time, hit the gap and took massive land. I've ran all the way up to 100m turrets on less land as a commie with less bonus then Serp will have due to the change. If his tech was high then his simple production and land increase will allow him to run away from Delphinus. Delphinus can do what Red Redemption did last set and sell all down to 1.5m turrets go all jets but I still think he falls short. It's easier to hit a commie as they are turn based gradual increase and mathematically you can just stay ahead of him easily as you already know his production and turns daily. A farmer or casher can make quick sudden jumps and keeps you on your toes a lot more.

If Serp runs away like I think he can then great move, great gains. Serp with high tech on those acres hitting the cash button man he can run all day. If his tech is crap then Maybe Delphinus can catch him and make him regret the move.

I also am not saying anything negative about you Delphinus just stating the way I look at the game. That move is a move I attempt each set and am a tad envious of that perfect storm.

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Apr 27th 2020, 22:02:19

If you run up to 100m turrets you lose so much NW because turrets have way higher expenses/NW than troops and jets.

100m turrets is like $30m raw expenses and food cost per turn after the NW modifier. The same NW in troops is well under $20m/turn. The same NW in jets is just over $20m/turn.

The moves you guys are making are costing you NW whether you make it or not.

Hessman123

Apr 27th 2020, 23:09:00

My goal isn't always necessarily just getting to the highest networth.. its about having fun along the way as well

DeLpHiNuS Game profile

Apr 28th 2020, 0:50:50

Honestly its not about trust that way. If anyone can get away with hitting you and benefitting from it you deserve to get hit, period. That is what the game is about. Its your job to not be in that position. I think Serp hit you some time before, I seem to remember that. Did you retal then? Will you retal now? If the answer is no to both those you can expect Serp to hit you again, and others as well perhaps.

I am more like you in that I don't do risky hits at all most sets. I play for the endgame, the art and math behind stocking, turns, cash, food and buying tech, and military in the right order.... It annoys the hell out of me when someone bothers me while doing that, so I make sure they regret it. You should too.

yes at that time i retal serp.. he knows im someone who will chase him to the sky if he made the hit, and i believe he will do so again after getting this incident.. i just have to treat him differently than how i treat others i guess, and factor him into the equation when im doing my play

DeLpHiNuS Game profile

Apr 28th 2020, 0:57:13

bro, u know im someone who dont drop allies lol.. this was already a special case when i decide to drop relax.. in fact i message relax and let him know that im in need of upgrading since the top are making moves.. one of the top guys ask me for a change, and i should have either arrange a time to change or let him drop his ally first and then i offer the alliance..

DeLpHiNuS Game profile

Apr 28th 2020, 1:01:45

Yes im already vulnerable cos i got weaker allies than those top guys.. after i see that the top are still making hits, i decided to change ally after i receive an offer from a top guy.. i drop my alliance without careful consideration, and i did not factor in serp into the equation of ppl to guard against.. i was monitoring the top, and leave him out..

Edited By: Primeval on Apr 28th 2020, 3:37:19. Reason: Removed ingame intel

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 28th 2020, 1:02:33

bro, u know im someone who dont drop allies lol.. this was already a special case when i decide to drop relax.. in fact i message relax and let him know that im in need of upgrading since the top are making moves.. one of the top guys ask me for a change, and i should have either arrange a time to change or let him drop his ally first and then i offer the alliance..

Yeah I know, that's why it was so much more unlucky for this to happen to you :-(
(•_•)

DeLpHiNuS Game profile

Apr 28th 2020, 1:06:44

You couldn't retal?

This is simply untrue. Lots of scenarios play out where it is true but lots play out where it is not true. I have seen and been apart or people outrunning retals. In fact 3 sets out of 3 I have outrun most retals, koh being my first and only so far that has caught me. I fear the second is on its way shortly however that move was an incorrect choice. But my point being it is highly advantageous if the correct strat and correct timing present itself. One could argue well Ponti you would have scored higher each set had you not made a few hits. Well that is correct but I had a blast won 1 game and broke 100 mil twice that's good enough for me.

that guy who is chasing u is gambling that other top guys will not dare to hit him or bottom guys wont topfeed him with retals.. if u top guys are not vultures lurking, i would already run my offence like this guy and made a retal on serp alr.. anyway it is unfair of me to drop my turrets for my new ally, and i shall have to just keep chasing serp even though he will outrun me with more lands in the longer run

Edited By: Primeval on Apr 28th 2020, 3:38:57

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Apr 28th 2020, 1:08:31

First off; dont post that here. you need to change your post.

Secondly; thats really dumb to play with so high defence late game... Those last hits that required them to get those defences are really costly for them. Not only do the acres not pay back as many times as earlier acres that were aquired with lower jet/oil expenditures but also those turrets are damned expensive.

Ponti Game profile

Apr 28th 2020, 1:13:06

Everyone knows your running high jets to retal me Gerdler.

DeLpHiNuS Game profile

Apr 28th 2020, 1:13:45

I also am going to put this out there I think Serps move was Brilliant. Percent execution, percent timing, simply a nice move. Caught Delphinus at a bad time, hit the gap and took massive land. I've ran all the way up to 100m turrets on less land as a commie with less bonus then Serp will have due to the change. If his tech was high then his simple production and land increase will allow him to run away from Delphinus. Delphinus can do what Red Redemption did last set and sell all down to 1.5m turrets go all jets but I still think he falls short. It's easier to hit a commie as they are turn based gradual increase and mathematically you can just stay ahead of him easily as you already know his production and turns daily. A farmer or casher can make quick sudden jumps and keeps you on your toes a lot more.

If Serp runs away like I think he can then great move, great gains. Serp with high tech on those acres hitting the cash button man he can run all day. If his tech is crap then Maybe Delphinus can catch him and make him regret the move.

I also am not saying anything negative about you Delphinus just stating the way I look at the game. That move is a move I attempt each set and am a tad envious of that perfect storm.

yes serp makes a brilliant move and caught me at the time when im weakest at the right time.. luck comes into play for him to catch me at that time which was why i was asking if he had been constantly monitoring me lol.. im not someone to go suicide, bearing in mind the top guys are lurking behind, and i would be pissed if someone suicide on me to retal.. so i try not to suicide others as well putting myself into the same shoes

Ponti Game profile

Apr 28th 2020, 1:15:01

I mean I would and so would everyone else. I agree with you Delphinus gambling on jet turret ratios are just part of the game.

Ill use the guy from last set like I said he had 1.5m or 2.1m turrets when all done. I mean insane lol but determined. If someone turns around and 4 taps it's part of the game. Risk to all play styles.

Ponti Game profile

Apr 28th 2020, 1:16:02

yes serp makes a brilliant move and caught me at the time when im weakest at the right time.. luck comes into play for him to catch me at that time which was why i was asking if he had been constantly monitoring me lol.. im not someone to go suicide, bearing in mind the top guys are lurking behind, and i would be pissed if someone suicide on me to retal.. so i try not to suicide others as well putting myself into the same shoes

Completely agree that's why I called it the perfect storm everything just fell into place against you at that very moment.

Tmac Game profile

Apr 28th 2020, 2:07:14

Yes im already vulnerable cos i got weaker allies than those top guys.. after i see that the top are still making hits, i decided to change ally after i receive an offer from a top guy.. i drop my alliance without careful consideration, and i did not factor in serp into the equation of ppl to guard against.. i was monitoring the top, and leave him out..

His ally sounds like a beast, hehe.

Gerdler is right though, you really shouldn't be posting people's military build.

Edited By: Primeval on Apr 28th 2020, 3:40:24. Reason: Removed ingame intel from quote

Hessman123

Apr 28th 2020, 2:11:51

I mean I would and so would everyone else. I agree with you Delphinus gambling on jet turret ratios are just part of the game.
Ill use the guy from last set like I said he had 1.5m or 2.1m turrets when all done. I mean insane lol but determined. If someone turns around and 4 taps it's part of the game. Risk to all play styles.

If someone went that crazy with jet/turret ratio to make a retal on me I would definitely 5 tap that retal.. lol let the fireworks begin

Serpentor Game profile

Apr 28th 2020, 3:39:47

As an Indy, Normally if your finishing your last grabs with 12-14 days left, and have 60/40 jets/turrets, you need to spend a few days boosting defense to protect from retal, THEN when you’ve out grown any threat, slowly transition over days to a higher jet count as the threat level lowers, that’s optimal for the situation on this server. There’s always a nutcase who will blast you if you go all jet with 2 weeks left, it’s too tempting for people. You have to slowly transition as the risk level decreases. In alliance server, yeah sure change to an optimal expense level right away, but here no. It’s more of a risk doing that than grabbing with 12-14 days left and having a few extra days with a few percentage more turrets.

Primary server is the best because it isn’t just the optimal math. It’s also feeling what’s going on around you and reading your opponent’s. Negotiating through all these players that play by their own rules is far more exciting.

First off; dont post that here. you need to change your post.

Secondly; thats really dumb to play with so high defence late game... Those last hits that required them to get those defences are really costly for them. Not only do the acres not pay back as many times as earlier acres that were aquired with lower jet/oil expenditures but also those turrets are damned expensive.
The EEVIL Empire

Primeval Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Apr 28th 2020, 3:42:50

Dont post military intel here again, regardless of the context in the point you're trying to convey.

Hessman123

Apr 28th 2020, 3:56:34

Everyone knows Gerdler is all jets

This is like posting. Hey everyone, did you know that the sun is hot

Serpentor Game profile

Apr 28th 2020, 4:30:28

So are you saying that anyone who wants a huge easy grab, now knows where to get it? 😂

Originally posted by Hessman123:
Everyone knows Gerdler is all jets

This is like posting. Hey everyone, did you know that the sun is hot
The EEVIL Empire

DeLpHiNuS Game profile

Apr 28th 2020, 4:56:19

His ally sounds like a beast, hehe.

Gerdler is right though, you really shouldn't be posting people's military build.

i didnt know the identity of gerdler until now.. in fact i didnt post who has how much jets or stuff and the name of the guy, and i know the sensitivity.. i apologise if some may think this is still too much info.. but in any case, if i make risky hits, i will be sure to spy on the person constantly who is making a move up on networth..

anyway this issue is over and it is just a game.. i will take it as a fun challenge to chase serp all the way, and hopefully he dont turn up number 1 despite my chasing lol.. looking forward to next round

Hessman123

Apr 28th 2020, 13:11:23

Nice retal Gerdler

Serp I’d steer clear he can definitely break you.. lol

UgolinoII Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 28th 2020, 14:30:30

I think the easiest way to look at it, is it's all part of the game :D no point getting upset. If people aren't happy playing the game, then they can always go do something else! Or... play a different way!

Hessman123

Apr 28th 2020, 14:41:53

Yes Ugo, I agree

It’s all part of the game :)