Verified:

BaDonkaDonks Game profile

Jan 26th 2020, 0:06:22

Discuss?

Just a bit too quiet in here this round.

Helmut Game profile

Jan 26th 2020, 0:29:36

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 26th 2020, 1:18:55

China on lockdown, so it's pretty serious.
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Jan 26th 2020, 1:48:16

This virus is weak as fluff. Duterte will piss on it and thats that.

They are usually scaremongers about these things and this virus they just said that right now they think its less dangerous than MERS and SARS. They also said its more like SARS, which makes sense since MERS was quite dangerous but didnt spread at all so the transfer rate was super low. This one is already in Europe and I think the US too(right?). And it will keep spreading. I think it will turn out similar like a seasonal flu strain just that we will get daily reports of its spread across the globe plus we usually have a vaccine ready for the common strains of the seasonal flu, and we dont with this one. So the spread could become worse. I think we are still talking about fatalities in numbers similar to the seasonal flu, hopefully.

Helmut Game profile

Jan 26th 2020, 2:50:20

The Wuhan Pneumonia epidemic survival tips

Don't cough on me...

https://outline.com/XaPz3f

Kahuna Game profile

Jan 26th 2020, 3:44:59

Idk it was discovered in december 31st and already killing people so quickly they re comparing it to ebola, hopefully not as contagious. So China is on lockdown for a reason. I dont think people get screened so throughly and get quarantined for seasonal flu.

Edited By: Kahuna on Jan 26th 2020, 3:47:58

Helmut Game profile

Jan 26th 2020, 5:16:48

Edited By: Helmut on Jan 27th 2020, 19:39:01
See Original Post

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 26th 2020, 5:17:06

Yeah, underestimate and you die.
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

BaDonkaDonks Game profile

Jan 26th 2020, 6:47:44

It feels different to the previous ones. Cities of 11 million people being shut down and China building new hospital with 1000 beds in epicentre

sfbob Game profile

Jan 26th 2020, 10:53:55

https://youtu.be/ltLp_ALZBJk

You're eating bats Michael

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Jan 26th 2020, 17:48:40

Originally posted by Kahuna:
Idk it was discovered in december 31st and already killing people so quickly they re comparing it to ebola, hopefully not as contagious. So China is on lockdown for a reason. I dont think people get screened so throughly and get quarantined for seasonal flu.

The comparison to Ebola couldn't be further removed from reality, this transfers much much easier, so it spreads everywhere in no time.

Ebola transfers from bodily fluids so you have to make out or trade blood with a patient, it is far far more deadly tho(caughs can contain saliva and infect people in the immediate impact area of the caugh probabl). This virus spreads much faster.

One of the recent Ebola outbreaks lasted for more than a year, and only relief workers outside the regions of origin were found infected. This one is already in all continents. If an ebola strain with the fatality rate of the recent two outbreaks, that we didnt have a working vaccine against, spread like this it would be much worse than the spanish flu which is the worst pandemic we know of.

Helmut Game profile

Jan 26th 2020, 18:12:15

The pandemic of 2020

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 26th 2020, 19:50:02

Gerdler how can you call it a weak virus when 2k people have died from it already? With no cure made.
Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated.

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 26th 2020, 19:51:41

LA just had its first case confirmed 5 mins ago. It's number 4 in US.

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Jan 26th 2020, 20:04:21

Originally posted by Celphi:
Gerdler how can you call it a weak virus when 2k people have died from it already? With no cure made.

The number of deaths is 56 as of 26 January 2020.

As of 26 January 2020, there are 2,019 confirmed cases, of which 1,979 are within mainland China.

I dont know if you are trying to spread false information or its just the natural state that everyone panics about these things. But the virologist I spoke to compared it to SARS and said that right now it looks like its looking like the same kind of transfer rate but lower fatality ratios.

I spoke to her a few days ago but that was how she described it then and the numbers kinda back that up. Just looking at the confirmed cases and the death toll you see under 3% fatality rate, and SARS of early 00s had like 10% fatality rate. But we should remember that the deaths are probably not underreported but the confirmed cases probably are a bit underreported.

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 26th 2020, 20:12:12

So you believe the govt who initially tried to cover it up is accurately reporting it?

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 26th 2020, 20:13:21

And it's not just SARS. There's another one too that kills with a higher rate.

ironxxx Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 26th 2020, 20:19:30

Wuhan bat snake flu

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Jan 26th 2020, 20:21:58

So you believe the govt who initially tried to cover it up is accurately reporting it?

So you believe you are accuratly reporting it when you say 2k deaths?

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 26th 2020, 20:30:54

@Gerdler

Are you accurately reporting that the fatality rate is 3%?

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 26th 2020, 20:31:06

Hint: MERS

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 26th 2020, 20:33:07

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Jan 26th 2020, 20:46:15

MERS had very little transferability from person to person, and its characteristics are not similar to 2019-nCoV, which I already mentioned in my first post.

Mers is really bad to have but you were not gonna get it.
SARS was bad to get but you were very unlikely to get it.
2019-nCoV is bad to get if you are elderly, sick or immunodeficient, and you are very unlikely to get it still. :)

But if you wanna lose sleep over every virus outbreak be my guest.

87Fresh Game profile

Jan 26th 2020, 20:57:26

So we're supposed to believe a number you made up? You're truly an idiot

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Jan 26th 2020, 21:45:45

This is how I see it. If it is your time, then it is time. And if you get it, then you get.
Basic. Natural. Selection.
I have spoken.

https://gyazo.com/...b3bb28dddf908cdbcfd162513

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 26th 2020, 23:03:50

Oh nos! 87fresh called me an idiot. Help!

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 26th 2020, 23:06:14

Gerdler: you’d lose sleep over getting attacked by a FS., but not by something that can potentially kill you?

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Jan 26th 2020, 23:52:30

Its more likely that a car runs me over. Statistically I run around 0.0004% risk of dying as a pedestrian in trafic every year here in Sweden, assuming Im at the same risk as everyone else.

The risk that I die to this virus, assuming its worse than sars, mers and the last 2 ebola outbreaks put together(I still believe its gonna claim fewer lives than each of them), is about 0.00025%, counted globally.

There are so many specific risks we take that are far more likely to kill us than these viruses. Now it would be a cause for concern if I was in the middle of the Ebola outbreak when it happened, or perhaps if I was in the middle of Wuhan right now. The risks are far greater there... that said I dont want the flu, I find it tedious and annoying. I also don't want a cold. But its completely pointless to worry about it or lose sleep over it.

Kahuna Game profile

Jan 27th 2020, 5:42:14

Ya but the past outbreaks of Ebola happened mostly in Africa which I know isnt as densly populated as China with as much tourist traveling to and fro. I mean if an Ebola outbreak happened in the middle of a city with the population of 11 million (to put things into perspective) which is a population bigger than New York City and Chicago combined, surrounded by 1.3 billion people and 4.6 billion total people in the asian continent alone I think way more people would ve got it. Ebola was airborne too I believe and could kill in a matter of days am not sure that they have a vaccine for ebola, which I doubt.

They said the symptons dont show right away. Speaking of Sars, they said CV is worse than Sars.
https://www.thesun.co.uk/...ious-than-sars-china/amp/

Death toll is at 80 now, and they are now building two hospitals instead of one.
https://www.cnet.com/...irmed-everything-we-know/

"woman bragged about bringing corona virus to France" some people are just garbage.
https://www.express.co.uk/...ona-virus-wuhan-weibo/amp

Edited By: Kahuna on Jan 27th 2020, 7:25:30

Kahuna Game profile

Jan 27th 2020, 5:53:10

Originally posted by sfbob:
https://youtu.be/ltLp_ALZBJk

You're eating bats Michael

Some things arent meant to be eaten, idk why people do dumbass fluff like that. Thats nasty af.

Kahuna Game profile

Jan 27th 2020, 5:53:14

bananacluts Game profile

Jan 27th 2020, 14:12:15

Garlic, more garlic and noodles soup.

mrford Game profile

Jan 28th 2020, 1:27:40

so far the mortality rate of this virus is around 3% from what I have read. If reporting has been accurate.

not that serious

if you are young, old, or immunocompromised then worry a little. but it is going to be alright.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

bananacluts Game profile

Jan 28th 2020, 2:40:01

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 28th 2020, 5:19:30

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 28th 2020, 5:20:52

4577 total cases
106 deaths

50% jump in one day.. I wonder why? Could it be poor reporting by China?

sinistril Game profile

Jan 28th 2020, 5:25:30

More people have died from the flu than the corona virus over the same time period. You just don't hear about it in the news because it doesn't sell subscriptions as well.
If you give a man some fire, he'll be warm for awhile. If you set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

bananacluts Game profile

Jan 29th 2020, 6:21:34

On page 162 of his autobiography "Under A Hoodoo Moon". St. Martin's Griffin. 15 March 1995. p. 162. Dr. John / Mac Rebennack wrote: "Goofer dust is a combination of dirt from a graveyard, gunpowder, and grease from them (St. Roch Cemetery, New Orleans) bells." The result usually varies in color from "a fine yellowish-grey" to deep "black dust" depending on the formula, and it may be mixed with local dirt to conceal its deployment.

Put this in your beer?

TheLegion Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 29th 2020, 14:02:13

Many fear the virus has a much higher mortality rate than official reports suggest. This could be fear-mongering and babbage or justifiable precautionary mindsets. I cannot speculate/comment any further as I truly don't know.
I mean these folks cry about the game but can't even forum correctly.
- galleri

trolls be trolling
- KoHeartsGPA

I'd rather have just the bad flu than the bad flu and migrants, so..
- braden

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Jan 30th 2020, 0:37:48

That seems a bit unreasonable since there are now over 100 confirmed cases outside of China and no deaths reported. I mean then you are saying not just China but several other governments and probably millions of people with access to records, or those working in the hospitals with full knowledge of the situation would be all in on it.

Those who think that have way too much faith in governments ability to cover stuff up lol.

TheLegion Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 30th 2020, 3:33:46

The death toll is in the hundreds. The current concern lies in recent cases occurring within Xinjiang, where China has imprisoned at least 1 million Uighur Muslims in close-quarters..

The Seattle case is surprisingly public-I think they're really trying to hype up that robo-doc lol

Current speculation: manufactured virus due to something with the location the genetic information is stored and its replication.. I bookmarked the release but it was removed when I returned. I reached out to some former shipmates and they agree on that (just speculation) Likely we will see some more on that in the next few hours.
I mean these folks cry about the game but can't even forum correctly.
- galleri

trolls be trolling
- KoHeartsGPA

I'd rather have just the bad flu than the bad flu and migrants, so..
- braden

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Jan 30th 2020, 9:37:55

I heard some people comment that "it couldnt be an engineered virus because you would engineer it for more fatalities and less spread" which I think is total BS. You want something that transfers super fast and gives everyone pneumonia or diarrhoea or something else that debilitates people very effectively but is not letal. The sheer volume collapses healthcare, transportation, economy and ultimatly the military and leadership of a country if you can achieve that. You need to have the vaccine for your own people tho.
You want faster spread than this tho.

That said there are thousands of scientists all over the world with the know-how to tell if a virus has evidence of being engineered or not and they are analysing the virus to understand and combat it so they would already have told us if that were the case.

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 30th 2020, 20:11:01

Is this still a weak fluff virus Gerdler?

https://www.nytimes.com/...ia/coronavirus-china.html

7818 infected, 170 dead according to China. Notice how the infected already has almost doubled. And USA has contracted first instance of human to human.

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Jan 30th 2020, 22:04:33

Still weak :)

It's the confirmed cases that increased rapidly yes. Obviously there are more that are not found. So the question is how many infected people there truly where say a week ago in relation to how many that are found and confirmed. Do you think the logistics, the IR-scanners on airports and in cities were set up a week ago as well as they are today? Do you think that they had the man-power to test and quarantine as many a week ago as they have today? I for one don't, and even if, hypothetically, there were no more new people getting infected since several days ago there would still be an increase in the confirmed cases for a while after.

Every day on average ~11000 people die from pneumonia. Even in Wuhan more people have died in January from non-coronavirus pneumonia than have died there from this virus, by two orders of magnitude. We will see about February, but hopefully the situation ebbs out before it gets as bad as the seasonal flu. :)

Drow Game profile

Jan 30th 2020, 23:29:38

Celphi: yep, still weak.
It's a strong cold. People can die from those.

Retired Earth type.

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Jan 31st 2020, 2:03:57

A manly cold.

Helmut Game profile

Jan 31st 2020, 2:23:13

Here is something to think about.
All that Chinese crap being shipped over here could have been exposed to the Chinese Coronavirus.
This would mean when Amazon brings you your package of Chinese made crap, it could also be giving you to Coronavirus.

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Jan 31st 2020, 22:43:14

Originally posted by Helmut:
Here is something to think about.
All that Chinese crap being shipped over here could have been exposed to the Chinese Coronavirus.
This would mean when Amazon brings you your package of Chinese made crap, it could also be giving you to Coronavirus.

Then don't have sex with that goat you ordered from China :P

https://gyazo.com/...b3bb28dddf908cdbcfd162513

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

HEMPMAN1 Game profile

Jan 31st 2020, 22:55:42

^^ WITTY^^

HEMPMAN1 Game profile

Jan 31st 2020, 22:56:12

Witty but still pretty baaaaaad..