Verified:

enshula Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 16th 2019, 15:59:33

most of the thinking is probably going into how griefing tags who use the tag gdi feature can be reduced

but one thing which may not be focused on as much is can clans prevent their pacts being violated and thus save themselves from having to pay reps

assuming you can stop your tag hitting pacted allies can someone just drop tag and hit anyway? in which case most pacts still keep responsibility for 72 hours

so can at a minimum the restriction be made sticky for a time period the tag admin decides?

and even better if that time only ticks down while someone is out of vacation to prevent shenanigans, and some pacts include vacation time too

the simplest option could be to just disable vacation for 72 hours on dropping tag

Edited By: enshula on Oct 29th 2019, 15:21:22. Reason: spelling mistake
See Original Post

Stryke Game profile

Oct 16th 2019, 18:20:52

And maybe, set it up so that if you drop the tag, that country or countries are unable to rejoin the tag for 72 hours.
SOTA (President/HFA) • Elders • Darkness
http://sota.ghqnet.com

a.k.a. NightShade
Originally posted by kemo:
this dudes either a great troll or a seriously stupid fluff. the kind that takes the pepsi challenge and chooses jiff

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Oct 29th 2019, 2:18:26

I think I mentioned it in the spec that if you leave a clan that is in clan GDI you can't join *ANY* clans for 72hrs after the detag. You're effectively untagged and afforded no protections. This also applies to being kicked from a clan in clan GDI.

But the next logical step for that feature is to introduce formalized pacting which allows you to rules for who you can hit.

I'd expect that to include:
- No hits at all
- Only retals
- Open season

This wouldn't just apply to when in clan GDI but rather to all clans

Edited By: Pang on Oct 29th 2019, 23:49:29
See Original Post
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff
pangaea [at] earthempires [dot] com

Boxcar - Earth Empires Clan & Alliance Hosting
http://www.boxcarhosting.com

Stryke Game profile

Oct 29th 2019, 15:33:46

Damn, nice.
SOTA (President/HFA) • Elders • Darkness
http://sota.ghqnet.com

a.k.a. NightShade
Originally posted by kemo:
this dudes either a great troll or a seriously stupid fluff. the kind that takes the pepsi challenge and chooses jiff

enshula Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 29th 2019, 15:44:18

yeah you covered that partly, worth considering not allowing countries to vacation for 72 hours after leaving a tag though

what id want to do however if i was going to run a tag to abuse clan gdi is have multiple tags set up, maybe 3

then id have each tag join clanGDI and have 1 clan leave GDI every 1 day people then farm the bots in that tag

then they leave that tag and join the next tag which has already been in clanGDI for 2+ days

that way you can always be farming bots during a short window and be safe from all hits for most of the time

with someone being on irc ping alert or whatever to instantly join the tag back into gdi when hits started

but the whole things going to be such a logistical nightmare that it would only work in ffa 1 man tags probably, where you would be running your topdown FA'd countries, techers, demo resellers whatever as the non/limited grabbing countries

and yes having an ingame foreign affairs diplomacy system would be great of course for multiple reasons!

i liked your suggestion on 72hr exception for retals, woud be good to be able to manually set a country to retal only for player hit/clan wide, extend time if needed for FR reasons, set cripple/farm/kill statuses

and in the new UI would be great to have some of these things show up as alerts or notifications

ie "there is a retal available it expires in 38.4 hours" or "3 current kill targets, please hit" possibly with alliance suggested recommendations of x hits/member although with how small everyoens got thats not really a thing anymore

and of course hopefully you can do your formal clan wars stuff with it :)
and even use it to generate stats that include spy ops done in wars!

not expecting everything at once of course

Edited By: enshula on Oct 29th 2019, 15:58:45
See Original Post

enshula Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 29th 2019, 15:47:41

i think somehow i got it into my head clanGDI would include day1 the ability to not have anyone in your tag hit another tag

but instead its more likely to be "you can still declare war and hit sometimes"

basically i wasnt expecting declare war to be needed to hit untagged which kind of means im worried no one will be able to use clanGDI at all

Marshal Game profile

Oct 29th 2019, 20:16:15

yea stuck for 1 country to farm for 3 days doesn't sound intriguing.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....