Verified:

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 1st 2019, 17:32:40

Typical christian to just start hollering with out any understanding lol. That sort of accusatory fervor is arguably one of the more dangerous parts of organized religion. Some people are just more violent than others when they encounter something they don't understand. That and justifying immoral behavior with misinterpretation of metaphor.

In order to blame christian god for something, I'd have to believe in a mono-diety which i don't. I said clearly I'm a pantheist and not a monotheist.

Edited By: DerrickICN on Jun 1st 2019, 17:51:18
See Original Post

Zelow Game profile

Jun 1st 2019, 20:22:10

Originally posted by sinistril:
I never even suggested anything about your beliefs in a creator. I said religion is for lemmings as a throwback to the 2d lemmings sidescroller game where you play god and control a bunch of idiotic lemmings. ie. all earthly religions are, almost by definition, systems of control. Let's accept the idea that a creator of the universe is necessary (I don't think so, but let's!), that does not mean religions are not stupid especially when you can trace most of them back to people trying to find ways to control other people. If the bible is truly the word of god, then it should be immutable, why does it keep changing? Also, the meaning should be obvious to everyone, not open for subjective interpretation. Did god write it using google translate? Believe in a creator, hell, there are atheists that do (simulation theory), but if you think your religion is any more valid than the religion of people that believe in an illiterate merchant prophet, a flying spaghetti monster, or Zeus, then you are a lemming.

Pastafarians UNITE!!

Originally posted by DerrickICN:
Y'all been smoking a lot of reefer this summer...

Usually im very obiously the highest sounding guy on the forums but i cant even compete with y'all stoners on this one.

fluffin kudos.

*sparks one up*

The angle at which it flipped to an organized religion discussion in 4 messages after that opening message is like actually hard to keep up with.

I'm a naturalistic pantheist (god is everything and nothing etc) but i do sympathize with more pessimistic philosophy like that of Jidda Krishnamurti. Although he's almost too disappointed, i align with those beliefs in conjunction with believing energy and matter are holy. Contrary to sin's point, I've found the unitarian church to be a rather fulfilling alternative. Agnostics have bake sales too. Its largely crusading that is bad, which is objectively what both atheists and theists do..... But damn....

....how that started and where we are now i cant even think to write 12 paragraphs like usual.....

You have nothing to comment on religion that could take up several paragraphs? Did we break Derrick guys? Also, I am not sure if I should take offence at all those stoner comments all over the place. What, like only stoners can come up with bat fluff crazy things to say? I think I am somewhere in-between agnostic and atheist. I admit that there is no way of me knowing one way or the other for sure if there is a god or not. However, I do have "faith" that there is not. I presume the after life is a lot like that before we were born, nothingness. Ever wake up from a dream and not remember it, but still feel like there was a gap of time from when you went to sleep and woke up? Yet, you still cannot seem to recall what you were doing/what dream you might have had?

I also believe, if there is some holy godly figure judging us and guiding us to a "salvation" that this same being should be capable of understanding my lack of faith. After all, if this god made me, shouldn't he have known how I was gonna act?

The other thing that bothers me about religious people is the negative stigma that comes attached to atheism. Which is we don't believe it god, so were bad people, or we don't have morals. Like, how the fluff does that fluff pan out? Just because I don't believe in a mystical being in which we have no proof that makes me a bad person? I still have core morals and do on to others only as I would want done to me, yadda, yadda. I don't need a bible to tell me common sense like that.

I have a pretty close friend too that claims to be pagan and says that he believes in ALL religions lol. Everyone from Christianity all the way to Greek gods and witch craft. I just thought that bit was interesting and wanted to share.

Last thing, Derrick, I didn't know you smoked the ganj. You a pot head Focker?

Originally posted by Karnage XZ:
The angle at which it flipped to an organized religion discussion in 4 messages after that opening message is like actually hard to keep up with.

I'm a naturalistic pantheist (god is everything and nothing etc) but i do sympathize with more pessimistic philosophy like that of Jidda Krishnamurti. Although he's almost too disappointed, i align with those beliefs in conjunction with believing energy and matter are holy. Contrary to sin's point, I've found the unitarian church to be a rather fulfilling alternative. Agnostics have bake sales too. Its largely crusading that is bad, which is objectively what both atheists and theists do..... But damn....

....how that started and where we are now i cant even think to write 12 paragraphs like usual.....
Derrick, when did Jesus encourage anybody to go on a violent crusade? When Judas betrayed him and lead the Romans into Gethsemane one of the disciples Peter drew his sword and cut one of them on the ear and Jesus told him to lay down his sword and let the Romans take him peacefully. You're blaming human tendencies to be violent on God and the son of God.

It isn't what "Jesus" told them to do, it is what they do in his name that is the issue.

"The Crusades were a series of religious wars between Christians and Muslims started primarily to secure control of holy sites considered sacred by both groups. In all, eight major Crusade expeditions occurred between 1096 and 1291." -Google.

Typical christian to just start hollering with out any understanding lol. That sort of accusatory fervor is arguably one of the more dangerous parts of organized religion. Some people are just more violent than others when they encounter something they don't understand. That and justifying immoral behavior with misinterpretation of metaphor.

In order to blame christian god for something, I'd have to believe in a mono-diety which i don't. I said clearly I'm a pantheist and not a monotheist.

^^

Edited By: Zelow on Jun 2nd 2019, 23:35:26
See Original Post
(⌐■_■)--︻╦╤─ - - - (✖╭╮✖)

daspheebsie Game profile

Jun 1st 2019, 23:02:03

TIL something about Derrick
Current SoLer
Retired LaF
One time at band camp Evo

God Of Still Water

EE Patron

Jun 1st 2019, 23:08:07

I AM THE GOD OF ALL THINGS
and I AM A BADASS!

I am The God Of Cancer
The God Of Famine
The God Of Birth Defects
The God Of Natural Disasters lulz 'natural'
The God Of Mental Illness

But The Holy Title that brings Me most Joy is The God Of Still Water

For I created Everything
All that you Touch, and Smell, Taste, Hear, and See
With the Senses I gave you

So when I Created Tiny forms of Life
That live in Still Waters
That you cannot detect with the Senses I gave you
For millennia I Enjoyed Watching You
My Playthings
Writhe in Agony from Drinking of Still Waters
Countless Lives Lost to My Tiny Creations
Especially Babies and The Infirm

Indeed I could have Warned you
With a simple Word, a simple Rule
Even with A Commandment
"Thou Shalt Boil Thy Drinking Water"
But Why Spoil MY Fun?

I Am The God of Still Water
A BADASS

And Do Not Doubt
Antonie van Leeuwenhoek Burns In Hell

Zelow Game profile

Jun 2nd 2019, 0:18:43

What do I care about some still born self proclaimed water god?

Edited By: Zelow on Jun 2nd 2019, 0:23:33
See Original Post
(⌐■_■)--︻╦╤─ - - - (✖╭╮✖)

xyle

Jun 2nd 2019, 10:43:06

On evolution/Christianity: they are not exclusive. The catholic church has long accepted & taught the theory of evolution. In fact the father of genetics Gregor mendel is a catholic friar and Jean-Baptiste Lamarck is a catholic scientist who proposed that evolution in biology existed years before Charles darwin. And then there's st thomas aquinas who centuries before hinted at evolution.

About the big bang theory: it was proposed by catholic priest Georges Lemaître in 1927 and was accepted by the church several years later

-Mexican Hitler
Xyle - SoF
Co-President

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Jun 2nd 2019, 12:01:10

Originally posted by God Of Still Water:
text

10/10