Verified:

bigdogcwg Game profile

Jun 2nd 2019, 2:48:38

Interesting perspective on things.

For example, I know personally LaF some leadership has always stressed that members be "ready". That means having troops, turrets, tanks, SDI, etc. in case they get hit. Not just tree hugging with large amounts of offiense and no defense. Grow your countries, yes. Get land fat, yes. But be prepared.

They weren't. So some biggies were killed pretty quick and easy.

SOL has been around a long time. Heck, I started with them back in the day under Clowns with Guns just before they went out on their own. Even those guys had leaders that stressed that.

So if they weren't and some lower player went med-evil on their arse, guess what? To me it was "suck it up baby you asked for it". But some cried boo hoo poor poor me. Yea, you know it happens. Happens in each alliance. There's always the ones that got pissed off cause they got spanked by some player.

So, yes it was interesting SoF went up against not one but two alliances. Both of which have past proven records of being hellishly good at war prep and warring. But also showed a weakness in being prepared for the worse. So yea, SoF may have been beaten (but from the news, not out of it) and some may say SoF lost, the question is:

Did they? Morally did they prove a point? It's a game of war. Alliances and pacts. Not a game of who can farm the most "land bots" and get to the top. So they took two contenders for locking in top spots for "networth" and put them in to the "nope not this set" category.

Been playing this game far too long having stopped and started several times. It's always been about war. Mucking up someone's country. That hasn't changed.

SOL and LaF fought well. So did SoF. Dog collar (its spiked and a gift from Ruthie) off to all three and their members.

BigDogCWG
Clowns with Guns, Ringmaster for Life
SoF's Sexiest Pup

DruncK Game profile

Jun 2nd 2019, 3:01:16

SOL beats LaF when we finish with more NW. Imo the real winner of this will be decided by what goes on between this set and next.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 2nd 2019, 3:31:07

Summer may affect those numbers in the coming sets, but once fall rolls in it'll be business as usual, hard to get a good gauge at this point in time.

That's my .02
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 2nd 2019, 3:33:49

LaFs performance is nerfed by our pure netting builds. Not really an apples to apples kind of thing. 🤷‍♂️

Karnage XZ

Jun 2nd 2019, 3:46:36

Did sof fs laf and sol to win or to lose? that should help you in your quest to find some sort of win in a loss.
Do as I say, not as I do.

Zelow Game profile

Jun 2nd 2019, 3:59:38

Trying so hard to justify hitting netters like its a big achievement.
(⌐■_■)--︻╦╤─ - - - (✖╭╮✖)

mrcuban Game profile

Jun 2nd 2019, 4:38:13

It's a little confusing because its a game of war yet the 'ranking' metrics have nothing to do with war. It used to be okay with alot of players but now the 2 game types are merging...

bigdogcwg Game profile

Jun 2nd 2019, 12:34:04

So what is the purpose of a game oriented to "warring" by just "netting"?

Farm-bots, etc. where there is zero chance of reprisals or repercussions. If all the players are only interested in who can build the biggest country with a networth being the determining factor then why not eliminate the farm-bots?

Why not just expand on the number of country types. Eliminate military war options and make is purely economical? Establish markets of buy and sell being the only way of growing between countries? Heck, eliminate alliances and form "countries" with members being economic zones that produce and consume?

If your country's economy is solely based on military then guess what? It's a war game. Take what you can. Hold on to it if you can.

BTW, if anything SoF proved one very important thing to "netting" clans...you have to be prepared to "hold on" to what you got. Again, have 0 defense countries just means you are asking for trouble. All it takes is a group of people to just take what you considered to be a "safe" environment and having players that are "I'm just there to burn turns to get biggest and fattest country I can get" to logging in and finding your country destroyed and has not risen from the ashes.

It is, afterall, a war game.

archaic Game profile

Jun 2nd 2019, 13:07:45

In the history of 'moral victory' threads, this might take the cake.

It's a war game only so much as you can build powerful enough countries to sustain it. When a tag full of spuds that could not build a $100M NW country if their life depends on it starts fluff with a a tag that routinely fills the top five NW slots - it's going to be a short lived pyyrhic victory at best, and a year of being farmed by superior players at worst.
Cheating Mod Hall of Shame: Dark Morbid, Turtle Crawler, Sov

cyref Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 2nd 2019, 13:15:41

In the original Earth: 2025 the game was defined as a webgame and a strategy game. Curiously, never a war game.
To quote:
"Like any *strategy* game, the more you play, the better you'll become. In Earth, though, you don't need to be a master to get started."
https://web.archive.org/.../earth/pages/whatisit.htm

Diplomacy, war, economy and trade were all said to be components of the strategy game.
"You'll get the opportunity to take command of a fledging country and manage its economy, military, diplomacy and more as you try to make yourself the most powerful in the world"
https://web.archive.org/.../earth/pages/whatisit.htm

I'm just sayin', the game was never meant to be strictly a war game. It's a strategy game. You can play it as a 100% war game if you wish but realize that's your interpretation, not necessarily everyone's. Others may prefer the diplomatic component to avoid war and enhance their economies in order to win by the only metric used in the game to measure success:
"Along with the social interaction, the thrill of competition makes Earth: 2025 truly addictive and engrossing. Compete against the world, but remember there can only be one top-ranked player"
👽

ninong Game profile

Jun 2nd 2019, 13:31:40

SOL is ranked too high. LCN is #11
ninong, formerly Johnny Demonic
IX

Boltar Game profile

Jun 2nd 2019, 13:44:06

Originally posted by archaic:
In the history of 'moral victory' threads, this might take the cake.

It's a war game only so much as you can build powerful enough countries to sustain it. When a tag full of spuds that could not build a $100M NW country if their life depends on it starts fluff with a a tag that routinely fills the top five NW slots - it's going to be a short lived pyyrhic victory at best, and a year of being farmed by superior players at worst.

ahem.. sof has a couple who can build 100mil nw countries. i myself have finished top10 before

Dutchy Game profile

Jun 2nd 2019, 13:46:39

I reached 10mill NW once.

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Jun 2nd 2019, 13:47:44

A few weeks ago Chevs blamed us for trying to force others to play the game our way. The irony is not lost on me that you now take pride in forcing others to play the game your way... something I never did and never have and never will.

I suggest merely that this game needs to have something for everyone in order to retain people with a different amount of time on their hands and different motives for playing. People who are adrenaline junkies who need to wall to get any enjoyment from this game as well as people who are analytical and have other needs need to both get something from the game. I'm the rare breed that likes both netting and war, but far more like only one of those. If this game is interesting for only one type of player you lose 80-100 players, which is 30-40% of them by now.

Lastly bigdogcwg, who are you to tell others that grabbing bots is somehow not in the spirit of the game? QZ added them, and the first thing he did when he came back to work on the game for a bit last year was change the bot code and add more bots. He is very happy with that the bots have allowed small tags to not be farmed to death.
I remember what it was like when farming players instead, we hit countries with zero chance of meaningful reprisal. Bots don't quit, those tags and players did. I dont see who it was better for before tbh.

Edited By: Gerdler on Jun 2nd 2019, 13:51:18

Dutchy Game profile

Jun 2nd 2019, 13:49:35

Hitting bots is lame, topfeed an alliance on DNH like the golden oldies ya cowards.

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 2nd 2019, 14:23:52

Originally posted by Dutchy:
Hitting bots is lame, topfeed an alliance on DNH like the golden oldies ya cowards.

How many countries did SoF top feed that was set to DNH? How many bots did SoF hit?

Also if someone top feeds you guys, will you accept 1:1 retal since Land:Land is so unjust?

------------------------------------------------------------

Also I agree with everything Gerdler said I would like to x 2 it (double stamped it, no erasies!). I've always said war clans get to choose how this game is played because you can always decide to FS someone (like this set) and then guess what? A netting clan is now at war: you forced us to play in a certain way. In addition LaF can no longer net as efficiently as other netting clans (see: military, spies, sdi etc). That is to say, we cannot complete in that as effectively as our competition. Not only has our game style been chosen by others so does our level of competitiveness with the play style we prefer.

Much like Gerdler though I like netting and war (as long as people don't suck) :)

Edited By: Requiem on Jun 2nd 2019, 14:26:38

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Jun 2nd 2019, 15:20:30

Originally posted by Requiem:
LaFs performance is nerfed by our pure netting builds. Not really an apples to apples kind of thing. 🤷‍♂️

I carried Requiem. In the end that is all that matters.

https://gyazo.com/...b3bb28dddf908cdbcfd162513

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

Karnage XZ

Jun 2nd 2019, 15:58:46

If it wasn't for FA from SOL and LAF I wouldn't have made a single hit all reset...hahaha. But I think I did a pretty good job at leading and that's the only thing I can say I did well this reset.

Dutchy give me your country number so I can farm you.

Mr Gainsboro Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 2nd 2019, 17:08:53

Originally posted by bigdogcwg:

For example, I know personally LaF some leadership has always stressed that members be "ready". That means having troops, turrets, tanks, SDI, etc. in case they get hit. Not just tree hugging with large amounts of offiense and no defense. Grow your countries, yes. Get land fat, yes. But be prepared.

They weren't. So some biggies were killed pretty quick and easy.

SOL has been around a long time. Heck, I started with them back in the day under Clowns with Guns just before they went out on their own. Even those guys had leaders that stressed that.

So if they weren't and some lower player went med-evil on their arse, guess what? To me it was "suck it up baby you asked for it". But some cried boo hoo poor poor me. Yea, you know it happens. Happens in each alliance. There's always the ones that got pissed off cause they got spanked by some player.

So, yes it was interesting SoF went up against not one but two alliances. Both of which have past proven records of being hellishly good at war prep and warring. But also showed a weakness in being prepared for the worse. So yea, SoF may have been beaten (but from the news, not out of it) and some may say SoF lost, the question is:

Did they? Morally did they prove a point? It's a game of war. Alliances and pacts. Not a game of who can farm the most "land bots" and get to the top. So they took two contenders for locking in top spots for "networth" and put them in to the "nope not this set" category.

Been playing this game far too long having stopped and started several times. It's always been about war. Mucking up someone's country. That hasn't changed.

SOL and LaF fought well. So did SoF. Dog collar (its spiked and a gift from Ruthie) off to all three and their members.

BigDogCWG
SoF's Sexiest Pup

The stats don't lie. Why do you even attempt at trolling?
http://www.earthgraphs.com/...B9on8_Ue8sTnFE15SwFSjjUXs
Don of LaF

AzNiZe Game profile

Jun 2nd 2019, 17:10:51

bonus

Karnage XZ

Jun 2nd 2019, 17:28:38

#533 and #580 one deleted and one rules violation. SoF loses.

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 2nd 2019, 18:11:35

I never really thought of this angle but i should have used it during the handful of wars we've lost.

You can completely get your ass handed to you, but dream up a metric by which you won.

I may never net on 1a, but i do enjoy this logic. I will hereby begin claiming that elders players win every set, and elders wins every war. As long as i cam dream up fluff, i can claim all the victories.

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 2nd 2019, 18:13:23

Laf never beat us. Neither has sol. We won all. fluffing undefeated elders and the players that win every set. I'm a lucky boy to help lead a tag with both perfect war and netting records

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 2nd 2019, 18:17:47

Derrick is right, no one has ever lost a single war in the history of the entire game. Ever.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 2nd 2019, 18:22:20

Yay this means I won every server! Weeeeee

#dreambabydream
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 2nd 2019, 19:15:32

Every child gets a trophy! Horaay milennials. We're all winners now.

Jayr Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 2nd 2019, 19:40:23

Edited By: Jayr on Jul 2nd 2019, 0:54:14
wasn't me...

Banks Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 2nd 2019, 20:43:55

They weren't. So some biggies were killed pretty quick and easy. ----

I was one of the biggies, but it still took you a few days to kill me off… so phuck you.

So if they weren't and some lower player went med-evil on their arse, guess what? To me it was "suck it up baby you asked for it". But some cried boo hoo poor poor me. Yea, you know it happens. Happens in each alliance. There's always the ones that got pissed off cause they got spanked by some player. -----

This is true. However, when that happened, Clowns jumped to action and if they didn’t correct the issue, they put a serious dent in their opponents plans. You see, we didn’t provoke, but when we (SOL, because we were a part of SOL) were provoked, someone got messed up. RD, HAN...Do you remember them ever giving us problems after we “settled the score?” - BD, there is a reason SoL is still around, after 2 decades and well, SoF.. who are they?

Did they? Morally did they prove a point? It's a game of war. Alliances and pacts. Not a game of who can farm the most "land bots" and get to the top. So they took two contenders for locking in top spots for "networth" and put them in to the "nope not this set" category.----

My opinion; not that of LaF’s: Yes, a point was proven; that someone you thought was a friend turns out to be a big phucken kock in the end. Some fluff (Xyle) needed to boost his ego because of his “superior skills” and decide the style of play for others this reset. “We are not warring this coming set” meant nothing to him, you or the rest of you phucks in SoF. And that is what truly pisses me off; some great comeraderie and teamwork last reset, some new friends made and some respect earned. For what? To be back stabbed because of someone’s ego? Go on and hide behind the “bots are for pussies,” or “the member base continues to shrink and we need excitement,” or “this is a warring game,” or “Its Derrick’s fault,” or whatever other cry-of-the-week all you want. Bottom line, you are a bunch of pricks with one big kunt leading you. I think SoF stands for Stupid Old *ucks.

Been playing this game far too long having stopped and started several times. It's always been about war. Mucking up someone's country. That hasn't changed.---

You are somewhat right here.. I think it is “implied” this game is about war. More importantly, this game is about strategy, diplomacy (which I totally suck at) and most of all, people. Some turn into enemies, some respected enemies, some you take the time to find and punch in the face and some.. turn into friends in-game and in real life.

SOL and LaF fought well. So did SoF. Dog collar (its spiked and a gift from Ruthie) off to all three and their members. ---

Hats off to SoL and LaF for coming together after fighting each other last set, mucho respect for both. Phuck SoF.

BigDogCWG
SoF's Sexiest Pup

Don't bother responding to this BD, I will not be back to read it. If you want to comment about it, call me. The rest; phuck you if you don't like what I have to say. Come find me; I live in Strongsville, Ohio. Or run your mouth more and stay a fluff.

Regards,
Banks

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator

Jun 2nd 2019, 22:00:58

Oh Banks, I can have your wife now instead? :P

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

Rokkie Game profile

Jun 2nd 2019, 22:02:07

Originally posted by galleri:
Oh Banks, I can have your wife now instead? :P

cringe.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 2nd 2019, 22:33:48

Kinky
(•_•)

Karnage XZ

Jun 2nd 2019, 23:18:42

#533 was who and who was #580? If i'm not mistaken 533 was fords restart.

@Ironx didn't you say that I wouldn't be able to cheat my way through this war? Looks like SoF is sure trying to cheat their way through the war..and they already had the advantage.

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 2nd 2019, 23:28:38

Karnage I want to publicly thank you for your dedication. I wouldn’t want anyone else on my side because you put work everyone

Karnage XZ

Jun 3rd 2019, 0:18:59

Originally posted by Requiem:
Karnage I want to publicly thank you for your dedication. I wouldn’t want anyone else on my side because you put work everyone
Thank you Requiem, all I've heard is hate from the other side. I appreciate everyone who participates.

Karnage XZ

Jun 3rd 2019, 0:32:41

#580 must be bigdogcwg, sof older lovable dog. Was just on here trolling and got deleted. Your whole thread is a failure if this indeed was you.

Dutchy Game profile

Jun 3rd 2019, 0:48:35

Originally posted by Karnage XZ:
If it wasn't for FA from SOL and LAF I wouldn't have made a single hit all reset...hahaha. But I think I did a pretty good job at leading and that's the only thing I can say I did well this reset.

What makes you think I even have a country? ;)

Zelow Game profile

Jun 3rd 2019, 1:18:52

Originally posted by Dutchy:
Originally posted by Karnage XZ:

What makes you think I even have a country? ;)

What kind of question is that? It's pretty obvious if someone has a country or not.

amin Game profile

Jun 3rd 2019, 2:03:10

ok

archaic Game profile

Jun 3rd 2019, 14:46:23

Originally posted by Banks:

-snip-

Don't bother responding to this BD, I will not be back to read it. If you want to comment about it, call me. The rest; phuck you if you don't like what I have to say. Come find me; I live in Strongsville, Ohio. Or run your mouth more and stay a fluff.

Regards,
Banks

Lol, banksy sounds like Zach now.
Cheating Mod Hall of Shame: Dark Morbid, Turtle Crawler, Sov

Boltar Game profile

Jun 3rd 2019, 16:16:16

Originally posted by archaic:
Originally posted by Banks:

-snip-

Regards,
Banks

Lol, banksy sounds like Zach now.

Lol + 3,000

martian Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Jun 3rd 2019, 16:40:29

Did boltar go fluff?
you are all special in the eyes of fluff
(|(|
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )

RUN IT IS A KILLER BUNNY!!!

MauricXe Game profile

Jun 3rd 2019, 17:10:50

SoF kinda blows so I rank:

LaF
SoL
Stones
SoF

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 3rd 2019, 18:38:46

Lol how did stones get in there?

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator

Jun 3rd 2019, 22:33:00

Originally posted by MauricXe:

LaF
SoL
Stones
SoF
Originally posted by DerrickICN:
Lol how did stones get in there?

He has been gone since 1999 ;)

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 3rd 2019, 23:12:00

Eh. At least it wasnt imag lol <3

Also stones wasnt around 1999 either. That's hardly an excuse lol

I feel snubbed. We beat all 4 of those tags multiple times and have never lost to any of them without a numbers disparity and them FSing, and 2 of them have never beaten us period. The only one of those clans that hasnt lost to us with the FS advantage before is LaF (and only because of how strategic their fs was timed everytime. Good strat). None of them have ever beaten us without FS. The big old fat clans with a fluffload of dead weight always get the credit.

Edited By: DerrickICN on Jun 3rd 2019, 23:24:48
See Original Post

Academus Game profile

Jun 6th 2019, 13:34:54

tag Kill = Lost

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator

Jun 6th 2019, 14:14:00

Originally posted by MauricXe:

LaF
SoL
iMag
SoF

You misread Derrick...

Zelow Game profile

Jun 10th 2019, 22:21:24

So what is the purpose of a game oriented to "warring" by just "netting"?

Farm-bots, etc. where there is zero chance of reprisals or repercussions. If all the players are only interested in who can build the biggest country with a networth being the determining factor then why not eliminate the farm-bots?

Why not just expand on the number of country types. Eliminate military war options and make is purely economical? Establish markets of buy and sell being the only way of growing between countries? Heck, eliminate alliances and form "countries" with members being economic zones that produce and consume?

If your country's economy is solely based on military then guess what? It's a war game. Take what you can. Hold on to it if you can.

BTW, if anything SoF proved one very important thing to "netting" clans...you have to be prepared to "hold on" to what you got. Again, have 0 defense countries just means you are asking for trouble. All it takes is a group of people to just take what you considered to be a "safe" environment and having players that are "I'm just there to burn turns to get biggest and fattest country I can get" to logging in and finding your country destroyed and has not risen from the ashes.

It is, afterall, a war game.

I know this is an older post, but I just noticed it and wanted to make a few comments on it.

First of all we understand its a war game, but there are a large number of people sick of the war aspect and just wanna have friendly high NW competitions with the game. We would love it if QZ could actually make a PvE server just for this. The game is dying overall and is offically in a state where it will/should take almost any player base it can get. I don't think trying to make a group of active and peaceful players leave the game is good for the health or longevity of the game.

War can be fun, there are plenty of servers I play on just for that. Most people have servers they war on and servers they try to just net peacefully. However, you say this is a war game? While I agree it is also a war game I think more over it's a numbers game. Math and strategy are the 2 strongest driving elements in this game and I feel that is what makes the two groups. The players that love strategy might be more inclined for war and the ones more about the math and big numbers just wanna be able to net.

Sad fact of all, is this game doesn't really get updates, so we wont ever get our netting/PvE server. That being said we have tried our hardest to co-exist peacefully with the rest of the server. If we gotta war next set I will war, no excuses needed, ill just have to step it up. I don't think there is anything wrong with either goal either. Warring can be fun and so can netting, I love doing both. I just have places I like doing both.

One last thing too, you say we should remove bot-farming if were gonna net? I think it should be the other way around. I think if war is the real goal, there shouldn't be easy land to get. Plan your countries out all-x or grab from your targets. This is why my war server of choice is teams. No bots for people to get too big off of with little effort just to get a 1 up on their target (Yes I know their target could grab a bot too, but when war is the focus I feel they should be ready for the retals that come from grabbing a player).

I dunno, just my two cents. I really do like this game, just for different reasons on different servers I guess....

GL HF all.

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Jun 10th 2019, 22:29:12

PvE server is a very bad solution because the market will be messed up completely on a war-only server with no netters. A PvE server with no warriors will be pretty silly too considering that half of the buyable items will be worthless except for its NW it gives in the end.

Zelow Game profile

Jun 10th 2019, 22:47:13

Originally posted by Gerdler:
PvE server is a very bad solution because the market will be messed up completely on a war-only server with no netters. A PvE server with no warriors will be pretty silly too considering that half of the buyable items will be worthless except for its NW it gives in the end.

I could care less how war players are effected by the change. They brought that on themselves. I thought about all that too, they can enjoy shallow markets and high prices in our absence imo. Another fix tho is to just merge the markets like Tournament. Not that I am saying they should. For the PvE server I think it will be fine, just have less commi bots to help swing unit prices up. Maybe keep track of NW values are different points of the set to incentivise building a higher NW over the set instead of just at the end? I dunno, doesn't feel like things are working as they are set up now. I wouldn't wanna see this game lose any more people honestly.

Edit: The effects on the war countries shouldnt be that bad either now that I think about it, because it would still be an even playing field. Early bird gets the worm and what not. They would need to make better SOs or be fast to purchase on the market. Plus there is always PM.

Edited By: Zelow on Jun 10th 2019, 22:49:47
See Original Post