Verified:

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Sep 18th 2018, 15:41:28

If you remember back to the swirve days 1a was an 80 turn server. Somewhere around the late 90s early 2000s, council server was made. I was a pretty severe holdout in 1a and didn't play council for quite a while. In the old times I had made a pretty massive enemy in LaF and spent a fairly decent amount of time beating back the fact that they consistently attempted to run off whatever small tag I was in. I enjoyed the fact that LaF migrated to council and the server could be netted by small tags.

I was approached by CueBall and MaryV to join council after a couple years to join a little tiny tag called BSS. We had a few fun wars but nothing really of note. Still one of my favorite experiences in game. Love BMB. But I digress. When laf got word that I was playing there they decided per usual that I was farmland. Not really much I could typically do when it was 150 vs 9 but at the time you could stock steal to the top and maintain for a couple days. A little suicide strategy that was actually viable if you had the patience to hang on.

In any case, ICN was at this time paying reps to LaF for Rival infiltrators who suicided. Half the tag was running x land farms and LaF had these absurdly massive countries. BSS had disbanded after a variety of wars and I was left without a home tag I had desire to be in. ICN always had a boring pointless existence on the server and I didnt feel at home there and would get bored with it. But these massive defenseless laf countries were a bit to sweet not to stock steal especially after years of being farmed by LaF. I set the single LG record for the server, and few minutes after broke my own record. Then broke it again. Then finally set a LG record that would never be touched until 2025 died. Massive hits. LaF was livid. SOL took the opportunity to farm my untagged country. I responded with retals to them. Makinso and I were on the same side of a war in alliance server and after I walled a few sol runs, maki waited for me to be leading a warchat and breaking a target on the other server to have me chem killed. Decent strat haha

The don at the time I want to say was H4xor then contacted every major tag and told them they would have to fight a war with LaF if they accepted me as a member. Laf blacklisted me from the game and I couldnt find a home anywhere for several days. Even MD wouldn't step up. Ix and sof at the time were lafdogs. Don felt like he'd won. He contacted me laughing in my face and even publicly on the forums exclaiming repeatedly "no matter where you play, LaF will find you and farm you and kill you oop until you quit playing this game." That old lovely laf sentiment that makes so many of us haters to this day.

Then an IRC message from Diety popped up when I was about to quit the server. He said "You have a place always in RAGE, and if LaF hits us in a dream they better wake up and apologize." Publicly too RAGE stood their ground. Firmly told LaF that if they ever attempted to touch me again they'd have RAGE to deal with. I tagged up a restart and posted the country number on CT. Don was silent, and I was allowed to carry on playing a game I've always loved.

I only spent a few sets in RAGE but they taught me in that time much of what I know now about warleading. They were a great bunch and really took their time shaping me into the warleader I am today. I've never forgotten that debt I owed them. I never forgot them standing up for me.

So this set, I dont think RAGE will win. But I will attempt to repay that service with the blood of my civilians for the greatest most storied war tag in Earth's history. Today, for better or worse, I ride with RAGE!!!!

Have at you elder punks. Let's make this fluff interesting. Ragers, I'll see you in the warchat!

Edited By: DerrickICN on Sep 18th 2018, 15:49:23
See Original Post

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Sep 18th 2018, 15:59:39

TL:DR
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Sep 18th 2018, 16:02:03

Originally posted by KoHeartsGPA:
TL:DR

I meant to say that at the beginning to warn those who just start reading and dont look down. It's a full story haha

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Sep 18th 2018, 16:03:33

LOL I knew most of those peeps you played with :-)
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Sep 18th 2018, 16:04:43

I would like very much to get in contact with Cuey and Mary somehow. I loved them. No one seems to have contact info.

Ivan Game profile

Sep 18th 2018, 16:18:28

LOL@lafdogs

we were no such thing as laf dogs and afaik you never ever asked me if you could join so i dunno the fluff you asked.

fluff!

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Sep 18th 2018, 16:22:08

Perception man. Lol. I dont think I would have asked sof at the time because I'd always assumed they were in bed with laf. I may have been wrong. That was sort of always what I thought tho. I didnt really actively look for a tag that would accept me (except ix who flat out refused per Don's wishes and md who said they had plans other than laf). RAGE reached out tho. It was the gesture and posturing moreso than anything that made it home.

enshula Game profile

EE Patron

Sep 18th 2018, 16:25:35

you actually keep track of topfeeding records?

i cant see the point, your literally relying on someone making a better country for you to hit so you can do a bigger hit

since all you need to do is tyranny mil strat match nw ps grab (back then maybe tyranny didnt have attack gains and max grabs was at 140% of your nw and above i believe, might not have been mil strat yet either)

at least llaar was creative when he started using nw ghost to netgain at absurdly high acres back before it was tied to buildings

he must have had 1m acre hits

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Sep 18th 2018, 16:28:28

*facepalm*

Were talking about a time before bots here. You do realize that correct? The best countries were often built esp in laf by farming small tags and players out of the game. That said, it's an anecdote about why I owe rage. Not like some brilliant strategy advice.

enshula Game profile

EE Patron

Sep 18th 2018, 16:28:58

ivan has barely tolerated laf at times :)

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Sep 18th 2018, 16:31:08

I dunno if it was ivan era sof. If it was xyle era we know the decided difference in sentiment

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Sep 18th 2018, 16:32:30

Checking history Helmet would have been head of sof at the time. Dunno if that means anything. Lol

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Sep 18th 2018, 16:36:39

But yes. Again it's literally just an anecdote.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Sep 18th 2018, 17:19:58

Originally posted by DerrickICN:
I would like very much to get in contact with Cuey and Mary somehow. I loved them. No one seems to have contact info.

(•_•)

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Sep 18th 2018, 17:30:21

How do you make everything about LaF? Your obsession is laughable.

Ivan Game profile

Sep 18th 2018, 17:55:49

Helmet didnt come back with the rest of us from teq, Scorpion ran SOF after our comeback then Martian and then me
so youd have missed Helmet running SOF by 5-6 years at least.

Ivan Game profile

Sep 18th 2018, 17:56:52

Also dont think IX ever played council? and MD didnt come back until a lot after council started

gj with the history

Chewi Game profile

Sep 18th 2018, 18:11:54

Council server wasn't until 2006 or so. It was after Jolt bought the game.

Ivan Game profile

Sep 18th 2018, 18:14:05

was UM server first and then council after that

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Sep 18th 2018, 18:47:37

Yeah. It's so long ago. Frankly I have no clue about all these minor insignificant details. Like you know how the fish grows every year you tell the story. I thought it was around 04' but chewi is right. Woulda had to have been 07ish. In any case that's far longer ago than I have vivid memories about and I only wrote down the wars I participated in. The important details of the story, however, are there. Laf made a big fuss about running me out of the game and rage stopped them. That's why I was such a staunch opponent of LaF when I came back but it's a different crew and I dont hate the current LaF even for stuff that happened 2 sets ago. Servers not big enough to hold grudges.

Edited By: DerrickICN on Sep 18th 2018, 18:51:35
See Original Post

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Sep 18th 2018, 18:55:34

I am almost positive ix moved to council server with the rest of the larger tags tho. According to the MD history board slash ran MD in 2007 so.............

Seems like we're all old farts and remember only bits and pieces hahaha

Edited By: DerrickICN on Sep 18th 2018, 18:58:16
See Original Post

Ivan Game profile

Sep 18th 2018, 18:59:56

things are the way they are, i just wanted to correct you on the sof eras and the laf lapdogs fluff.

@enshula true enough, altho thats been a bit on and off depending on whos been don and whos been playing

Riddler Game profile

Sep 18th 2018, 21:46:06

Whatever happened to NA?

Marshal Game profile

Sep 18th 2018, 21:48:55

ran out of members.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Sep 18th 2018, 22:17:00

Bolter wanted battle again.

Purposeful1 Game profile

Sep 18th 2018, 22:26:57

Originally posted by Gerdler:

Sometimes when he's drunk he talks about me!
Purposeful1

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Sep 18th 2018, 22:34:20

Yeah, right? I feel like I'm equal opportunity.

But I do only talk about you when your stats change. Open your profile and prove me right sometime. I'm sure we'd all like to see it.

Purposeful1 Game profile

Sep 18th 2018, 22:53:15

But I do only talk about you when your stats change. Open your profile and prove me right sometime. I'm sure we'd all like to see it.

Why would I do that? It's far more fun to read the conspiracy theories about me. You've got just enough truth in there to make it almost believable. :)
Purposeful1

Red X Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express & Team

Sep 19th 2018, 0:27:16

Originally posted by Riddler:
Whatever happened to NA?

SOF and HS killed them that one set....js
My attitude is that of a Hulk smash
Mixed with Tony Montana snortin' bags of his coke stash
http://nbkffa.ghqnet.com

sinistril Game profile

Sep 19th 2018, 0:54:47

Let it be stated, for the record, that this is a wargy
If you give a man some fire, he'll be warm for awhile. If you set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Devestation Game profile

Sep 19th 2018, 4:43:05

Originally posted by Gerdler:

Excuse u, I think u mean LaFable.

Mr Gainsboro Game profile

EE Patron

Sep 19th 2018, 5:55:31

That's why I was such a staunch opponent of LaF when I came back but it's a different crew and I dont hate the current LaF even for stuff that happened 2 sets ago. Servers not big enough to hold grudges.

But we hate you :-)
Saw my other post made it through, gl with the stuffs!
Don of LaF

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Sep 19th 2018, 7:12:03

Originally posted by Purposeful1:

Why would I do that? It's far more fun to read the conspiracy theories about me. You've got just enough truth in there to make it almost believable. :)

I've been known to dabble in facts from time to time. ;)

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Sep 19th 2018, 7:23:50

Originally posted by Mr Gainsboro:
That's why I was such a staunch opponent of LaF when I came back but it's a different crew and I dont hate the current LaF even for stuff that happened 2 sets ago. Servers not big enough to hold grudges.

But we hate you :-)
Saw my other post made it through, gl with the stuffs!

I'm sure you'd hate me less if everything wasn't my fault, right? I mean cmon. It's almost boring me being laf's supervillain if I dont hate you back right? Still looking for a good reason gains. Still just looking. Hahaha

It's funny I quit hating yall ages ago but i must unleashed a pretty solid campaign there because it's clearly not mutual. You guys still blindside me netting over me joining an already happening server war. One might even say you're fighting ghosts. ;) hahaha

Edited By: DerrickICN on Sep 19th 2018, 7:30:52
See Original Post

UgolinoII Game profile

EE Patron

Sep 19th 2018, 11:25:42

Great stories always need a villain or two. You are doing a stand up job Derrick :)

Earth Observer

Sep 19th 2018, 12:21:36

Well, that is an amazing story, and the most amazing part of it is that literally none of it is true. I can't find a single fact in the whole damn thing. Congrats.

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Sep 19th 2018, 13:02:55

Originally posted by UgolinoII:
Great stories always need a villain or two. You are doing a stand up job Derrick :)

Awe thanks Ugi.

On another note I dont think you find facts. They just are.

Red X Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express & Team

Sep 19th 2018, 13:13:37

Originally posted by Earth Observer:
Well, that is an amazing story, and the most amazing part of it is that literally none of it is true. I can't find a single fact in the whole damn thing. Congrats.

I always find it funny when "New Members" pop up to post their 2 cent.
My attitude is that of a Hulk smash
Mixed with Tony Montana snortin' bags of his coke stash
http://nbkffa.ghqnet.com

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Sep 19th 2018, 14:06:34

Ikr. Especially infallible ones. Pretty crazy this NEW MEMBER knows my entire history better than me.

Hey newbie? Do you know what I'm having for lunch today too?

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Sep 19th 2018, 14:06:52

Originally posted by Red X:
Originally posted by Earth Observer:

I always find it funny when "New Members" pop up to post their 2 cent.

I about to make a request on our mod board about this issue ;) thank you for reminding me!

https://gyazo.com/...b3bb28dddf908cdbcfd162513

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

Hokage Game profile

Sep 19th 2018, 14:38:48

I don''t know why laf before wants you to run off from this server, you didn't mention tho.
But last year in my 2nd set of playing this game we my clanmate move to laf, elders fs laf that make other clan involve in war, that almost global war of the server, bottomline is i hate elders because of you, and now i still hate elders even without you. peace.

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Sep 19th 2018, 23:40:40

The reason I didnt mention why laf wanted to kill me originally is because I was telling an anecdote about rage and it's not significant to the story lol. I know that's really hard for you to comprehend but it's not a laf story. Some names and people are mentioned but it's not significant.

If you must know I played in a variety of 8-12 member war tags. In the old days laf would farm basically every tag under 20 members into oblivion and refuse to pact them. I just happened to play in tags that would kill a couple back here and there. It made me wildly unpopular there.

It does seem though that you hate a lot of things and frankly have no idea why. You should work on chilling out a little bit. Life is too short to go around with all that hate in your heart.

I guess it's pretty easy to glass over that set that we protected LCN and PDM from imag like 2-3 sets ago. You need me to top that post for a history lesson?

If you're only going to recognize the negative things that a clan does then LaF has a much richer history than does elders. Personally I think recently the positives vastly outweigh the negatives for LaF. Maybe that's not the case for Elders but your anger as a former LCNer is completely misdirected. We protected that tag to the last day. There was only one set we couldnt. And in its final set, believe it or not, you played with a couple Elders.

Edited By: DerrickICN on Sep 20th 2018, 0:38:34
See Original Post

IgnitionCWG Game profile

Sep 20th 2018, 4:01:29

My positive touches my negative and I see sparks fly
*Splat*

Hokage Game profile

Sep 20th 2018, 8:46:27

As far as i remember you mentioned that you were back and think that current laf are still the same like old ways, and you encourage everyone in a form mn

Hokage Game profile

Sep 20th 2018, 8:50:38

As far as i remember you mentioned that you were back and think that current laf are still the same like old ways, and told that you make laf run off from this server.
But seems i didn't see it in you now, thus l

Hokage Game profile

Sep 20th 2018, 8:55:16

thus laf is totaly different now, every matter conflict will be resolve in diplomatic ways.
And yeah life is too short that is goo

Hokage Game profile

Sep 20th 2018, 9:09:46

that is a good word to say for suiciders, that still hated laf.
Regarding that couple elders now are in laf, probably they like to net too, some other tag are in laf too, that means door is open to anyone would like to join wherever they came from, and according to laf rules.
And still i hate elders lol :P

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Sep 20th 2018, 15:53:41

I think I catch your meaning. I think.

When I first came back like almost 2 years ago now I absolutely did so with killing laf in mind for like 15 year old reasons. I'm a bit beyond that now.

DruncK Game profile

Sep 20th 2018, 16:09:23

Llaar never had 1m land hits. In fact I still hold the record for biggest landgrab on a single country server at over 125k acres(which was taken from llaars multi million acre country)

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Sep 20th 2018, 16:18:09

I know right. I love when people say something I said isnt true and then come up with something completely impossible to offset it lol.

Council server only ran about 15 sets before jolt self deleted all of us so having an LG record for that server is hardly an accomplishment. I have no way of looking but when it happened an AT post mentioned it and everyone was sorta like "lol 80 turn alliance server has like 100 bigger grabs and we all keep those old records" etc etc.

In any case it was probably in that 30-50k range. Nothing spectacular.

I actually always wondered who it was. I still remember the country name was Backside Bandit. Why I remember that I do not know. I also think this is an anal sex pun. Sorta remember the tirade that went along with it calling him a fudge packer for that name. I probably thought I was real clever too.

Edited By: DerrickICN on Sep 20th 2018, 16:33:10
See Original Post