Verified:

DruncK Game profile

Sep 12th 2018, 12:14:27

Is it just for the bonus production for empty acres?

Shweezy Game profile

EE Patron

Sep 12th 2018, 12:26:44

Alot of people clicked on Fascism government
Catch me on ir c

Havoc Game profile

Sep 12th 2018, 13:06:05

Are you not aware of what strat/jumping strategy the top 10 has been comprised of for the last year?
Havoc
Unholy Monks | The Omega

archaic Game profile

Sep 12th 2018, 13:09:51

The fascist gov is broken right now. Either the food OR the oil bonus would be sufficient, but having both food AND oil production bonuses makes it pretty OP for easy netting. Especially because there is no tech required to maximize oil production.

Edited By: archaic on Sep 12th 2018, 15:17:41
See Original Post
Cheating Mod Hall of Shame: Dark Morbid, Turtle Crawler, Sov

Spiders Game profile

Sep 12th 2018, 14:25:41

because antifa said drumpf is fascist

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Sep 12th 2018, 16:41:48

Originally posted by archaic:
The fascist gov is broken right now. Either the food OR the oil bonus would be sufficient, but having both food AND oil production bonuses makes it pretty OP for easy netting. Especially because there is no tech required to maximize oil production.

Yeah, lazy netting!
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Sep 12th 2018, 17:32:03

Techers can win again tho.

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Sep 12th 2018, 17:39:13

Fascism, so hot right now!
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff
pangaea [at] earthempires [dot] com

Boxcar - Earth Empires Clan & Alliance Hosting
http://www.boxcarhosting.com

archaic Game profile

Sep 13th 2018, 0:56:24

Originally posted by Gerdler:
Techers can win again tho.

It takes a lot more work though, which I am not into

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Sep 13th 2018, 1:56:42

tbh it was less work for me since for 25 days of the set or so I could log in and just take my turns and maybe look at the market for five minutes and then log out. and even 10-15 of those grabbing days were just 2-5 PS and no SS so real chill.

With my fascists I had to spend a lot more time grabbing.

Symbolic Game profile

Sep 13th 2018, 4:02:18

Gerdler, have you ever thought you play too much of an old game from the 90s and deserve a better life out doors in the sun shine?

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Sep 13th 2018, 4:31:09

No, no he does not.
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

IgnitionCWG Game profile

Sep 13th 2018, 20:00:09

Originally posted by Symbolic:
Gerdler, have you ever thought you play too much of an old game from the 90s and deserve a better life out doors in the sun shine?

Iggy wont allow him to enjoy the outside

Edited By: galleri on Sep 17th 2018, 0:57:22. Reason: Use that word again...and we cannot be friends
See Original Post
*Splat*

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Sep 13th 2018, 20:02:22

Originally posted by Symbolic:

We had a great summer and it was a great time to play techer because it was super fast except for 10 or so days. War is the only thing that encroaches on life except for maybe the destocking phase. When netting I can choose exactly when to play. 5 minutes of my time at the wrong time is far more of a sacrifice than turning my phone on and doing some grabs on the train ride to or from work or at the lunch break.

enshula Game profile

EE Patron

Sep 14th 2018, 3:48:46

a lot of its because the market is so thin and can be changed by a small number of people changing strats

so running fascist makes you immune to a large degree and means you wont screw eachother by all being indy or whatever

archaic Game profile

Sep 14th 2018, 20:49:22

Yep, it's very refreshing to be a farmer that doesn't care about bushel prices.

DruncK Game profile

Sep 14th 2018, 20:53:23

So 1a is now glorified Team with bots?

#burnitdown

archaic Game profile

Sep 15th 2018, 1:14:27

Originally posted by DruncK:

#burnitdown

If by that you mean decent players that understand the game and its politics do better than bad players that play rainbows and try to farm quality tags? Yes, in that case I suppose so.

Burn what down? Every tag wars every set and we all finish in a 189-way tie for last place with our 4th restart? Laf would skullfluff you guys in that scenario. Then all of us old guys that cant be bothered to sit in IRC for 3 hours every night waiting on war chats would quit and you'd be king of . . . what?

sinistril Game profile

Sep 15th 2018, 1:31:43

#burnitdown

If by that you mean decent players that understand the game and its politics do better than bad players that play rainbows and try to farm quality tags? Yes, in that case I suppose so.

Burn what down? Every tag wars every set and we all finish in a 189-way tie for last place with our 4th restart? Laf would skullfluff you guys in that scenario. Then all of us old guys that cant be bothered to sit in IRC for 3 hours every night waiting on war chats would quit and you'd be king of . . . what?

That's already happened
If you give a man some fire, he'll be warm for awhile. If you set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

MorTcuS Game profile

Sep 16th 2018, 18:35:57

An easy fix for fascist would be to add some other currency for stockpiling. Perhaps a bank?
174099715 (not in use)

Steam : wargasm1

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Sep 16th 2018, 18:48:41

Originally posted by sinistril:

#burnitdown

That's already happened

Yeah that for sure already happened.

DruncK Game profile

Sep 16th 2018, 19:41:44

No i meant that you don't have to do anything other than farm bots to win. You don't use the public market for anything but cheap tech from bots you farmed

archaic Game profile

Sep 17th 2018, 1:01:17

AFAIK this is the only server with bots.

The field is just too small for players to land grab players with any hope of success. With the exception of a very few players like Marshal, everybody thats left knows how to play. You can get good returns topfeeding once or twice, but only for a short time until you become the fat one and start getting top fed. At that point it becomes crabs in a bucket just holding each other back.

Alternately Laf and Sol could reform SLIT (sort of) and farm the rest of the server. Then its just server war after server war followed by endless suiciding and Omega shuts the lights off when they leave.

QZ kind of killed land trading, not that it was ever great shakes to begin with.

The notion of net gaining through land grabbing is just a dream that you want to bring back without really understanding the implications. Everybody knows how to max out gains and retals, the net result will be good for commies but will ultimately lead to exactly what we have now. Laf winning every set unless they have to war, and server wars becoming pretty much the norm every set.

I won't war every set, fluff it - I'll just play tourney or leave. I have ZERO interest in sitting IRC waiting on a warchat between two tags butthurt over topfeeds and escalating retals.

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Sep 17th 2018, 1:02:24

Express and FFA have bots too

https://gyazo.com/...b3bb28dddf908cdbcfd162513

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

enshula Game profile

EE Patron

Sep 17th 2018, 6:37:15

warring gets dumber and dumber the fewer people are playing

with less turns available, fewer daily warchats scheduled, more people demanding you run a kill to suit their time schedule, walling on phones getting more and more prevelant

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Sep 17th 2018, 7:38:05

Lol you sound like someone who doesn't war. Walling became fun when it became a possibility for everyone.

enshula Game profile

EE Patron

Sep 17th 2018, 7:47:01

but with wars being 20v20 and you need 8 countries for 1 kill, 1 waller can swing a war a lot, then you pretty much can only just have 2 chats a day if you assume they will fail half the time so you have to do either 1 or only when people are on, if you go to 1 you increase the likelihood people can dedicate time to wall, and if you go to as turns are available you have an unpredictable schedule where people with limited time cant hang around

imagine if wars get down to 10v10

its bad enough in team where kills shouldnt be a thing but i assume the war tags there just find 4 other people with the same schedule so its at least possible

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Sep 17th 2018, 8:00:16

It's actually quite a bit easier than you think. You see we all have cell phones that can be texted and war dogs dont mind getting a text to kill something. Sol uses WhatsApp but the concept is the same. It only takes like 1 minute to kill something now. You just text the group message and those who can hit do so. If those that can't hit during that chat give a time, we text everyone again then. It isn't complicated. We've had members from the Philippines, Europe, the Americas, Australia and the Marshal Islands all manage to hit in chats.

If your leader is unable to make that happen then you probably have a lazy warleader.

Edited By: DerrickICN on Sep 17th 2018, 8:02:50
See Original Post

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Sep 17th 2018, 8:04:46

Also, if someone walls typically we save for a big chat on them or push thru while they're online. Those big chats to kill gerdler or ingle or dragon or porter are some of the fondest recent warchat memories I have.

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Sep 17th 2018, 8:07:20

And the dynamic of really struggling to kill a country actually makes it more fun for wardogs to kill believe it or not. Commandos nearly walled out an entire set against elders ~1 year ago on team and we not only loved every second of trying to get him, but also have mad respect for his effort. It's like kind of the part of war that is most fun...

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Sep 17th 2018, 8:10:41

Also 4 countries with full turns can get a kill with gs. I've solo killed on 1a with 30 chems. I've seen dragon solo kill in under a minute. If the country has high sdi tho, at a minimum usually 4 full countries is needed. About 220 hits for a kill or 440 turns are needed.

enshula Game profile

EE Patron

Sep 17th 2018, 8:30:05

im against anything which raises barrier to entry and that seems a clear example of that

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Sep 17th 2018, 9:21:18

I'm not sure what you mean by that but ok. Familiar with the term as it applies to economics but unsure how that has anything to do with this...

Edited By: DerrickICN on Sep 17th 2018, 9:23:37
See Original Post

enshula Game profile

EE Patron

Sep 17th 2018, 9:45:19

your describing a way of warring which i consider unlikely to maintain or increase player base as opposed to a style which is more inclusive to semi inactives and new players

a better way of putting it is im in favour of things which are casual friendly without reducing strategic depth

personally im not as into tactical depth but im sure thats important to a lot of people like you describe as well

archaic Game profile

Sep 17th 2018, 13:42:53

Derrick, you need a hobby or something.

Seriously, anything more than 5 minutes per day per server plus another 5 for the forums and my ROI from this game starts to plummet.

I warred once in the past year, it was nice I guess. I warred almost every set for two years when Laf and Sof decided they were going to eliminate PDM and EVO from the server. I got my fill of interrupted meals and 2AM wake up calls.

Back in the old days with 200 members, I could take a night off, now with less than 20, if I slack we probably lose. If you and drunk had your way we'd war every fluffing set - I just don't care enough to turn this game into a part time job.

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Sep 17th 2018, 18:04:38

Enshula I wouldn't play if there wasn't any depth to war or netting. But yes. War has an exclusive vibe to it now. You aren't wrong. And it's not just mobile hilites that do that. There's only a handful of tags and players (on all servers) that are somewhat capable of it. But again you could say the same of netting. LaF is probably legitimately the only clan that can play both ways with any sort of capability. And good on them for it imo.

That said, elders has a bit of a turnover because of things like ab fs and such. When a new or semi active player joins elders, we instantly show them how to set up the ways we do business and so in that way it's not like new players dont have the opportunity to learn. Our warchat also does not have a password and we allow our enemies to watch themselves being killed if they so desire. This is not a winning tactic, but the social aspect of our chat is unrivaled and that's frankly what's important to us.

----

Archaic, while you were suiciding on team, my team was winning the server and I was putting together multiple top 5 finishes in a row. You and I are not so different. But yes. It did get the feeling of a part time job especially when I was running chats and handling FA. I dont mind running warchats for a week or 10 days but dealing with people all set was borderline a job. Even those set long wars with laf were waaaaay too much for me. That's why I've attempted to take a back seat and not spend all of the three months locked into this. That is one of the largest flaws to warring with this tiny player base. You got that spot on.

IgnitionCWG Game profile

Sep 17th 2018, 19:08:07

Can I help break my own country during the FS? I don't feel social enough just watching
*Splat*

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Sep 17th 2018, 19:20:38

You aren't idling in #elderswar. It's a borderline violation of our bropact

archaic Game profile

Sep 17th 2018, 23:06:17

Eyeroll. When exactly was I suiciding on Team?

Edited By: archaic on Sep 18th 2018, 0:30:48