Verified:

sinistril Game profile

Aug 2nd 2017, 23:00:22

If you give a man some fire, he'll be warm for awhile. If you set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

macdaddy Game profile

Aug 2nd 2017, 23:29:25

I think you should be more concerned about Trump and Kim Jong Un. Its just a short matter of time before Trump invades North Korea. Way to wait until they could potentially have a nuclear attack range of 10.500 kms. Obama, Bush and Clinton should have took him out when the missile program was in its infancy. fluffs going to hit the fan and a lot of people will die.

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Aug 3rd 2017, 1:25:19

Meh. Those missiles would miss by 1-2 states if they would even be able to load and fuel them before being taken out on the ground. They can't wipe you out for at least 2 years.

sinistril Game profile

Aug 3rd 2017, 2:00:10

I don't disagree with the fact that the problem was exasperated by previous administrations refusing to deal with the problem, but the actual threat to the US is still incredibly superficial. The last ICBM test launch had more technical problems, which is a recurring theme. Even if they can perfect a missile, you're underestimating US missile defenses and forgetting that they are getting better (and several countermeasures on the backburner look like they're being fast tracked finally).

The real danger is not an ICBM hitting the US (it would only be a danger if the Chinese decided to strike), the real danger is a strike against Seoul. Every war games exercise begins with Seoul being obliterated. No president wants the death of a half million South Koreans on their conscience. You see the problem?
If you give a man some fire, he'll be warm for awhile. If you set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

macdaddy Game profile

Aug 3rd 2017, 2:11:39

Clearly they have a lot of issues but its just the fact that they do have the capability of launching a missile at the united states. I'm in Ottawa Canada which falls within the 10500 km range. It doesn't matter if they miss their target, if US missile defenses fail, then it could hit anywhere. Hitting anywhere on the US homeland or even the notion of them having the capability is unacceptable.

Trump] is not going to allow the ability of this madman to have a missile to hit America. "If there is going to be a war to stop him, it will be over there. If thousands die, they are going to die there, they're not going to die here." They would rather have a half million South Koreans die rather than Americans. Essentially its a question between regional stability and Homeland security and since they have an ICBM it has now become a homeland security issue. And threatening homeland security is unacceptable. Trump will not allow North Korea to obtain a reliable nuclear-tipped ICBM and an all out war is just around the corner.

Edited By: macdaddy on Aug 3rd 2017, 2:22:19

sinistril Game profile

Aug 3rd 2017, 2:32:07

I don't think Kim Jung Un is as mad as people like to posit. Seems like a rational actor to me. Acting crazy has benefited his family greatly and getting ICBM capability that can hit the US mainland is meant to be as a deterrent moreso than a show of offensive capabilities.

War could be around the corner, I would be surprised if there isn't an escalation in one of the major theatres soon. But I would not be too anxious about an ICBM hitting you for a few more years. I'm personally more interested in what is happening between China and India right now as neither side is backing down and they're uncomfortably close to each other.

smegma Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 3rd 2017, 9:36:08

As long as Kin take out the left coast states, then the US wins by subtraction.

mrford Game profile

Aug 3rd 2017, 11:43:10

They are a decade away at least from putting a nuclear warhead on an ICBM.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

macdaddy Game profile

Aug 3rd 2017, 14:25:19

We speculate that, but who really knows?? Experts also thought they were years away from developing an ICBM. For all we know they could have help from the Chinese... I say there will be a military conflict within the next three months.

mrford Game profile

Aug 3rd 2017, 14:55:17

For someone who claims to be a nuclear scientist, you don't know much about nuclear logistics.

Building a bomb and an ICBM are the easy parts.

The hard parts are miniturizing the nuclear warhead, shielding it and the guidance components from re-entry, and the targeting software itself.

Their current ICBM has only recently been tested and it had a myriad of problems. Sure it has the Range, but when your accuracy is measured in hundreds of miles the effectiveness it rather debatable.

The current threat from NK is their arsenal of TBMs, chemical stockpiles, and existing nukes. They can't hit the US with any of these, but they can hit allies and make it a nightmare for invading armies.

The most likely scenario is more sanctions, and if it does come to an invasion China will likely invade as well in order to set up a buffer zone for the millions of refugees. They can't go south because of the incredibly dense minefields, so North would be the only option for them.

The humanitarian crisis of 30 million uneducated North Koreans flooding the economies of China and South Korea is the main reason nothing has been done yet.

But sure... fear mongering about Trump going to war is an easier narrative for the ignorant.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

smegma Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 3rd 2017, 17:58:33

Don't forget all the help he is getting from Khan.

smegma Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 3rd 2017, 18:01:30

Originally posted by mrford:

The humanitarian crisis of 30 million uneducated North Koreans flooding the economies of China and South Korea is the main reason nothing has been done yet.

It's nice to see that China has the same issues that we do minus Pelosi.

I can see her now, oh no, we have plenty of room. We have a billion people what is a few more. After all, the North Koreans do the jobs the Chinese don't want to do like pick cabbage for the kimchi.

Edited By: smegma on Aug 3rd 2017, 19:17:22
See Original Post

The original Warho Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 7th 2017, 12:35:17

Not reporter. Copy reader!

smegma Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 8th 2017, 23:05:38

The hard parts are miniturizing the nuclear warhead, shielding it and the guidance components from re-entry, and the targeting software itself.

It appears that you are mistaken.

mrford Game profile

Aug 8th 2017, 23:36:08

I do not believe the report, but if true they had help.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

Marshal Game profile

Aug 8th 2017, 23:37:14

putin did favor to kim.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

smegma Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 8th 2017, 23:42:21

I do not believe the report, but if true they had help.

I'll stand by my earlier post and say: Khan has been giving them everything.

Marshal Game profile

Aug 8th 2017, 23:55:52

kublai khan or trek khan?
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

macdaddy Game profile

Aug 9th 2017, 1:29:53

For someone who claims to be a nuclear scientist, you don't know much about nuclear logistics.

Their current ICBM has only recently been tested and it had a myriad of problems. Sure it has the Range, but when your accuracy is measured in hundreds of miles the effectiveness it rather debatable.

The current threat from NK is their arsenal of TBMs, chemical stockpiles, and existing nukes. They can't hit the US with any of these, but they can hit allies and make it a nightmare for invading armies.

The most likely scenario is more sanctions, and if it does come to an invasion China will likely invade as well in order to set up a buffer zone for the millions of refugees. They can't go south because of the incredibly dense minefields, so North would be the only option for them.

But sure... fear mongering about Trump going to war is an easier narrative for the ignorant.

Recent developments:

- Multiple reports of North korea beginning manufacturing of miniaturized nukes that can fit on ICBMs.

- Presiden trump issues a warning that if North Korea issues any more threats they will met with fire and fury, which in the likes the world has never seen before

- ( 2 hours later) North Korea threatens to attack Guam

God i hate being right all the time

sinistril Game profile

Aug 9th 2017, 3:07:27

You believe the word of North Korean officials? The same officials that tell their citizens that American soldiers dressed up in Korean garb cut the heads off of North Koreans in the Korean War? The same officials that tell their citizens the US/South Korean food packages that are littered with American flags are tributes from the UN delivered by the Red Cross as a sign of respect for Kim Jung Un's amazing diplomatic prowess?

Do you think, maybe, they're just saying they have miniaturised warheads already because they're trying to create some deterrence?

I wouldn't believe a word out of that regime until I see it in action. If you are super gullible though...

macdaddy Game profile

Aug 9th 2017, 3:17:21

Originally posted by sinistril:
You believe the word of North Korean officials? The same officials that tell their citizens that American soldiers dressed up in Korean garb cut the heads off of North Koreans in the Korean War? The same officials that tell their citizens the US/South Korean food packages that are littered with American flags are tributes from the UN delivered by the Red Cross as a sign of respect for Kim Jung Un's amazing diplomatic prowess?

Do you think, maybe, they're just saying they have miniaturised warheads already because they're trying to create some deterrence?

I wouldn't believe a word out of that regime until I see it in action. If you are super gullible though...

This didn't come from North Korean officials Sinistril. This came from US and Japanese intel

sinistril Game profile

Aug 9th 2017, 3:25:33

The same intel that said Saddam was hiding a massive amount of chemical weapons...

Never mind, too easy. I'll believe it when I see it.

And FYI, I'm for turning North Korea into glass (do they have sand in North Korea?) but pretending like they're going to be able to nuke the US is fear mongering. The biggest concern is and continues to be conventional munitions hitting Seoul.

Edited By: sinistril on Aug 9th 2017, 3:29:24

mrford Game profile

Aug 9th 2017, 4:07:26

You have never been "right all the time" in your life.

But let's address the report.

Fitting a nuke on a missile doesn't mean it is protected from reentry or that it has guidance to reach its target.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

sinistril Game profile

Aug 9th 2017, 4:09:59

"A gesture intended as a bluff but taken seriously is more useful as a deterrent than a bona fide threat taken as a bluff"

Kissinger, 1960