Verified:

Lord Tarnava Game profile

Jun 14th 2016, 12:46:52

Originally posted by Cerberus:
Well, with all that said above, some of those thoughts are indeed on a higher level and I appreciate that discourse.

First, equating "religion" with "faith" is a non-sequitur of the first order.

I believe in God, and I believe in Jesus, but I'm not religious, nor do I force my views on anyone.

But, let me point this out. It was western Christianity that built the United States, and after a time gained a good solid foothold in Europe that allowed the Europeans to finally set aside their nationalistic differences and form up a cohesive continental political system, it led to advances in every science and art, and allowed for freedom of expression, freedom of the press and accountability for ones actions not only to an earthly government but to a God who will punish those who are deserving of it no matter what anyone else might think.

I don't have to prove God's existence, I simply choose to believe and it is so.

Why does no one ever seem to question that the attacks against Christians and Christian businesses seem to avoid mentioning the same things about Islam? I think it's because the Atheists and others are fearful of being attacked by the Islamics for any criticism, yet have no fear of doing the exact same thing to Christians who would simply ignore them, as we've been doing for many many years.

So, to sum that up, atheists are cowards at heart, not only do they not have any kind of moral compass, they deny the existence of God because they do not want to face what they know to be true at the end of days, and thus spend their time convincing themselves of their rightness.

If you want to believe there is no God, feel free to do so, but don't start trying to fluff me over because I see it differently, unless you would appreciate me pissing in your corn flakes over it.

First, belief in Jesus and the miracles surrounding him is enough to convince others to behave irrationally, as quoted about and evidences throughout history

Second, advances in sciences... It was the atheist revolution starting with scientists like Darwin that set science back on track. Christianity created the dark ages, and we lost most of what the Greeks and Romans discovered

Third, I agree with most leading anti theists alive and deceased(Sam Harris, Christopher Hitchens etc) that Islam was put together using some of the worst, most brutal and violent tendencies of Judaism and Christianity. Please do not speak in black and white regarding atheists, just as I would not say all Christians are like... Literally a million possible examples

Jun 14th 2016, 12:48:06

Well, with all that said above, some of those thoughts are indeed on a higher level and I appreciate that discourse.

First, equating "religion" with "faith" is a non-sequitur of the first order.

I believe in God, and I believe in Jesus, but I'm not religious, nor do I force my views on anyone.

But, let me point this out. It was western Christianity that built the United States, and after a time gained a good solid foothold in Europe that allowed the Europeans to finally set aside their nationalistic differences and form up a cohesive continental political system, it led to advances in every science and art, and allowed for freedom of expression, freedom of the press and accountability for ones actions not only to an earthly government but to a God who will punish those who are deserving of it no matter what anyone else might think.

I don't have to prove God's existence, I simply choose to believe and it is so.

Why does no one ever seem to question that the attacks against Christians and Christian businesses seem to avoid mentioning the same things about Islam? I think it's because the Atheists and others are fearful of being attacked by the Islamics for any criticism, yet have no fear of doing the exact same thing to Christians who would simply ignore them, as we've been doing for many many years.

So, to sum that up, atheists are cowards at heart, not only do they not have any kind of moral compass, they deny the existence of God because they do not want to face what they know to be true at the end of days, and thus spend their time convincing themselves of their rightness.

If you want to believe there is no God, feel free to do so, but don't start trying to fluff me over because I see it differently, unless you would appreciate me pissing in your corn flakes over it.

First, belief in Jesus and the miracles surrounding him is enough to convince others to behave irrationally, as quoted about and evidences throughout history

Second, advances in sciences... It was the atheist revolution starting with scientists like Darwin that set science back on track. Christianity created the dark ages, and we lost most of what the Greeks and Romans discovered

Third, I agree with most leading anti theists alive and deceased(Sam Harris, Christopher Hitchens etc) that Islam was put together using some of the worst, most brutal and violent tendencies of Judaism and Christianity. Please do not speak in black and white regarding atheists, just as I would not say all Christians are like... Literally a million possible examples

Jun 14th 2016, 12:48:57

Double post, not sure how that happened. I refreshed twice and my post wasn't here so I hit back and submitted again and it popped up twice

*shrug*

damondusk Game profile

Jun 14th 2016, 14:53:25

When attempting to sound scientific and academic, it behooves one to at least attempt to hide their bias; one's bias robs credibility from one's arguments.

Are you "one" ?

Just sayin

damondusk Game profile

Jun 14th 2016, 15:17:27

Originally posted by Dissident:
Thank you for articulating yourself well. I appreciate it when someone puts effort into what they post.

That said, I disagree with one point. Your downplay of the importance of religion as the driving factor for the millions of deaths in the last century alone is troubling to me. While it is true that religion is all about ideas and that they are nothing without human action, one cannot deny that religion has been the catalyst and propagator of mass murdering for a few centuries. Ideas drive all action in the world. ALL action. It is hard to deny, even on a semantic level, that religion plays a huge role in most conflict. Sudan. Palestine. Phillipines. European terrorist attacks. American terrorist attacks...

Hard to deny the religious zealousness.

I agree with the core of your point Dissident (great name, btw) but I think you misunderstand me - I suffer no delusion about the reality of the incredible violence acted out in the name of religious fervor. However, I stand by my point that without actors, and specifically actors so 'broken' that they are even capable of such acts (and would likely commit violence with any motivation, religious or not), the idea itself is merely a thought. This generation has made a fine art out of reassigning responsibility for their actions to any person, place or thing but their self. I am fundamentally opposed to this entire way of thinking and believe that here in America it is already our undoing. Your Bible/Quran/etc didn't make you do it.......

Another interesting thing to note is that those who seem to have an inexplicable loathing for people of faith, regardless of character or action, seem always to leave an important balancing factor out of the tired argument that religious nuts are out there killing the rest of the peaceful world: the opposite truth. The donation plates, clothing drives and food lines from coast to coast are full of people of faith. Just as is true in most, if not all demonized groups, the chit heads are outnumbered by people doing their honest best to live with love by a staggering margin. Sure, there are non-religious people in those positions of service as well, but let's get real here - community clinics, missions, homeless shelters, soup kitchens, service to 3rd world countries, etc - the vast majority of these are/were built with dollars donated by religious people to religious organizations. If you doubt that, chase the parentage of these places and see for yourself where the dollars originate. I've done that homework and know who pays the bill for a remarkable amount of the charity we see in our communities. It goes to show that most people are just normal people in all walks of life. I can put identical red shirts on 100 people but that won't make them think or act alike. I can put a label on people (or they on their selves) such as Christian, Democrat, Spanish.....but that doesn't make them inherently anything. A few of them, acting under any label, will be chit heads, and the majority will be regular folks.

damondusk Game profile

Jun 14th 2016, 15:31:10

Originally posted by Lord Tarnava:

What would possibly make you believe I am a champion of tolerance and diversity?

I slammed cultural relativism as being misguided earlier in this thread and view it as dangerous

Not all cultures are equal

If all cultures are not equal, necessarily one/some must be superior to others. Which culture is superior to the rest? Yours?

Jun 14th 2016, 16:22:41

Originally posted by damondusk:

What would possibly make you believe I am a champion of tolerance and diversity?

I slammed cultural relativism as being misguided earlier in this thread and view it as dangerous

Not all cultures are equal

If all cultures are not equal, necessarily one/some must be superior to others. Which culture is superior to the rest? Yours?

That was an asinine comment on your part. My culture is also deeply flawed- whichever focus of the blend you choose to fixate on(Canadian nationality with various heritage/cultural influences from family)

Superior in which regard, and what focus of society holds the most value? Some criteria can be used by fact, others will be subjective, but it isn't an easy question to answer

It is something that can confidently be stated in extremes- I.e Canadian culture and society is superior to a failed state such as Somalia

We could figure out an ideal culture through science, careful intentional adjustments, and lots of time. It would be incredibly painstaking, though.

Heston Game profile

Jun 14th 2016, 17:19:02

"Akyra Murray, who turned 18 in January, is one of the youngest victims in the weekend attack."

Keep them coming to the club young and fresh. Little girl was just out of highschool. I wonder how many children the media refuses to report was there. Its statistically improbable that there wasnt minor children present given the sexual deviancy associated.

Guns gods and gays. Islamic terrorism, Ramadan election.

Edited By: Heston on Jun 14th 2016, 18:30:00
See Original Post
❤️️Nothing but❤️️💯❤️️❤️️🌺🌸🌹❤️❤️💯

damondusk Game profile

Jun 15th 2016, 1:32:51

That was an asinine comment on your part.

https://youtu.be/j95kNwZw8YY

Navisis Game profile

Jun 15th 2016, 3:21:22

Originally posted by Heston:
"Akyra Murray, who turned 18 in January, is one of the youngest victims in the weekend attack."

Keep them coming to the club young and fresh. Little girl was just out of highschool. I wonder how many children the media refuses to report was there. Its statistically improbable that there wasnt minor children present given the sexual deviancy associated.

Guns gods and gays. Islamic terrorism, Ramadan election.

I don't know you, and I don't know anything about you, and I am sure you don't know anything about me, but you sound really stupid. lol. +1 bonus post

Cerberus Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 15th 2016, 4:09:10

hehehe Thank You Damondusk. That was a well thought out post and I agree with every word of it.

I have a person I consider a very good friend who just happens to be Muslim. I've known him and his family for years now. He's one of the nicest people you would ever meet, just like the vast majority of Christians I have met. Just for the record, I am quite sure that that despicable pastor of that freaking crazy "Baptist" church from Kansas is currently awaiting his judgement along with all of the rest of the Christians who heard and did not accept the message that Jesus brought. Fred Phelps I think his name was.

There are many who are going to burn in the end even though here, right now, they and unfortunately society at large believes that they are true Christians when nothing could be further from the truth.

Just as a quick example, look at that fellow Joel Osteen and his evangelical "TV" ministry. Look carefully at what this evil little man preaches and you have proof that this man is not, and has never been "Christian", I would describe him more as a con artist, preying on the weak and the desperate for his wealth, not their health, or spiritual well-being at all. He preaches the idea that all you need to do is speak as if it is already yours and it will happen for you, which we all know is complete bollocks, but some people desperate to believe that lie, will send him money and this is part of what demeans all people who claim association with Christ.

My suggestion is this, Read the Bible, focus on what Jesus said (usually marked out in red typeface).

That's the message. Read it with your own eyes, not like a catholic who depends on a priest to read it for him/her.

Faith comes by hearing the word of God, not the words of a man claiming to be speaking those same words. It is essential to read and ask for enlightenment while you do.

Many churches do many good things in their communities indeed, Food Pantries for the disadvantaged, clothing assistance and many other things. Without them, there would be much more suffering in the world than there is right now.

I can honestly say that I try to live by the rules that Jesus laid out for us to follow. I've had a lifetime full of blessings too numerous to list. I'm thankful for each and every one of them too.

I would hope that everyone will treat each person respectfully all along the path, but it's just not that way, human nature seems to really have a stumbling block there that may not be able to be overcome by any technology that our genius may come up with.

Oh, and laying the "dark ages" specifically against Christians is simply stupid, or you never paid that much attention to your actual history lessons.

During the dark ages, things went on that everyone of conscience abhors.

The Spanish Inquisition for example. This was fueled by a "totalitarian" church known as "Catholicism", not "Christianity". And just for some added juice here, during that time, Europe was under constant attack by Jihadist Mohammedans, who were slaving and conquering and slaying in vast numbers up until the final siege of Vienna where they were repulsed on the 12th of September of like 1569 or something like that. I could look up the exact year, but I'm not going to.

I don't need anger management, people need to stop pissing me off!

Cerberus Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 16th 2016, 10:57:51

OK, now that a bit of time has passed and more investigation into the Orlando shootings some very interesting information has come out.

1. The fellow was an America Citizen (Main stream Media is making sure that no one misses this part) They just wish he was a white republican and then they'd break out their champagne.

2. His father was a member of the Taliban, one of the most repressive regimes the world has ever seen, and expressed faith and trust in them.

3. He himself came under investigation for being threatening while at work for (get this0 G4S security, who amazingly didn't fire him for those hate filled threats against black people, and remained employed there due to arm twisting by the Obama administration to hire Muslims.

4. The mosque he attends has a history of radicalism.

5. He was a frequent attendee at that predominantly gay night club.

So, one can pretty safely come to the conclusion that he was radicalized to the point that his guilt over being gay led him to commit this crime as a way of expiating his sin by being gay to Allah and thus gain entrance to paradise and his 72 virgins.

ISIS claimed responsibility for the attack and there was a newspaper article in Turkey going on and on about how a Jihadi killed a lot of perverts.

They didn't plan fluff, they are simply taking advantage of this criminal morons actions.

It's funny that this guy was still able to buy a legal weapon isn't it? It's almost as funny as Hillary saying he shouldn't have been able to because he is under investigation by the FBI. She's running for president while under investigation by the FBI.

FBI, just as an aside, is starting to mean Foolish Bumbling Idiots these days.

Syko_Killa Game profile

Jun 17th 2016, 1:12:45

Do as I say, not as I do.

Serpentor Game profile

Jun 17th 2016, 4:08:04

Religion was created by men not by god or Allah or Zeus or Buddha or Jesus or Vishnu or any of the other 10,000 gods people have been told to worship throughout history. Religion was created in ancient times to explain the un-explainable and to give people guidance on how to move on from being wild and uncontrolled and to be civilized in whatever society was back then.

Unfortunately it was also abused to control the masses, justify mass murder, gain power, wage war, gain mass wealth, among many other "sins" that religion teaches you to avoid. All in the name of God/Allah/etc...

Atheists don't proclaim to be atheists, they don't proclaim to be anything. We are just modern humans that have moved on from the fantasy and legends of primitive man.

That being said, if you are not capable of figuring life out and how to just be a good person on your own and need those ancient books and a priest to guide you, then that's wonderful. Religion can be great for you. It's all about trying to be better people. Some people get it without religion and others need the prayers or sunday scripture readings as reminders. It's all good.

The problem we face in this modern world is the people that think they are high and mighty because they blindly follow a religion because "god" told them to without really understanding the true meaning of it. They end up preaching hate or even violence because someone's view might not match there own. That is the major problem.
The EEVIL Empire

drkprinc Game profile

Jun 17th 2016, 6:09:54

not giving a fluff about anything is much more relaxing :)
(<(<>(<>.(<>..<>).<>)<>)>)

zz.ghqnet.com - 0.o
http://LaF.center - LaF
imp.ghqnet.com - IMP

Serpentor Game profile

Jun 17th 2016, 6:33:43

It takes more than just going to church to make you a good person. There's good and bad people in all religious groups, in all countries, and in all professions.
The EEVIL Empire

Cerberus Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 17th 2016, 11:06:54

Originally posted by Serpentor:
It takes more than just going to church to make you a good person. There's good and bad people in all religious groups, in all countries, and in all professions.

This is absolutely true, and it's unfortunate that society at large assumes that ALL Christians are bad because only a few don't get it and do their own thing instead. Yet, the mass media goes into hysterics over Muslims being Muslims and acting on the violent scriptures contained in the Quran and the Hadiths of Islam, and go crazy making sure that everyone knows that it's only the few that are violent radicals.

Let one white Christian male do something news worthy and they lose their minds tarring and feathering the entire demographic. Go ahead and try to tell me that's not so.

Look at Obama and what he has to say about Christians getting up on their "high horse" and yada yada yada "Crusades".

OK, that was hundreds of years ago and were motivated by hundreds of years of Islamic Aggression. Show me ONE example of Christian Terrorism in the last say 500 years, just one.

Can't do it can you. Jesus preached to Love your Enemy, not Behead them, Burn them Alive, Stone them, Crucify them, or maim and harm them.

So, if you want to believe that there is no God, be my guest, I won't be hanging around street corners berating you for it. I don't care if you believe or not. That's not my business.

However, if you were to live in an Islamic state, you will believe, or you will be killed, but that will happen after they tax you to death, rape your wife and daughters, and behead you and your kids

Yet somehow, morons believe that Islam is a "religion of peace" when nothing could be further from the truth and there is 1400 years of evidence that what I just said is true.

Make up your minds, either you start admitting the sky is blue, or you continue to live in your little fantasy world where the sky is some other color and unicorns prance around fluffting cheeseburgers and dispensing ice cream on Tuesdays.

Edited By: Cerberus on Jun 17th 2016, 11:09:12
See Original Post

Mr E

EE Patron

Jun 17th 2016, 11:31:38

blah blah blah

You're a tinfoil hat wearing, alex jones conspiracy theory spewing streetcorner preacher where any religion but yours is fake and only your specific definition of faith is valid.

i say so, so no citation needed

damondusk Game profile

Jun 17th 2016, 15:38:36

^^ Don't feed the troll ^^
(Troll children feed on the irritation and frustration of others. Having no cognitive thought of their own, they instinctively detect brainwave activity in other beings and quickly exhaust nonsensical inflammations into the environment in order to incite the irritation that sustains them.)

enshula Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 17th 2016, 15:56:51

everyones an atheist, some just disbelieve in one or more gods than the others

archaic Game profile

Jun 17th 2016, 17:19:11

Insanity is making the same mistake over and over again and expecting different results . . .

The ancient Egyptians were so convinced in the divinity of their gods they spent centuries of slave labor building monuments to them that stand to this day. Yet, the gods of the ancient Egyptians are gone.

The ancient Greeks likewise built great monuments to honor the Olympic gods. Alexander spread the names of these gods all the way from Egypt to India. The Romans though so highly of them, they renamed them and claimed them as their own. Yet the gods of antiquity are nothing more than fables today.

The natives of mesoamerica (Inca, Aztec, Mayan, Toltec, etc.) built great temples and performed 100's of thousands of human sacrifices to appease their gods. Yet, the gods of the new world now only inhabit tourist traps.

The Celts, the Norse, the Mongolians, and the aboriginals from Alaska to Australia to Africa all had deeply held faiths and beliefs that shaped their culture for thousands of years before western eyes ever laid eyes on them. Yet, the shaman's chants have been silenced, all we have to remember the wendigo by are cave paintings.

Today, we have Christians and Jews, Muslims and Hindus, Sikhs and Buddhists. All of them are vying for new converts, vying for political power and social influence, even vying internally to define themselves. Each of them believes just as fervently as the ancient Egyptians, Greeks, and Aztecs that THEY are the true bearer of the word of god, that THEY are the righteous destined few whose faith will prevail. For 100k years, from neolithic storytellers trying to understand the mystery of the stars to to mega-church pastors broadcasting live in HD the story has never really changed.

Man is afraid of the dark, he is afraid to die, he gravitates to whoever is best able to reassure him that he will be safe from the cold dark night if only he will BELIEVE. Man never really learns, he just keeps making the same mistake and hoping for a different result - hoping that this one time, finally - the story will be true.
Cheating Mod Hall of Shame: Dark Morbid, Turtle Crawler, Sov

amy winehouse

Jun 17th 2016, 17:28:38

Jesus loves you, archaic.

archaic Game profile

Jun 17th 2016, 18:11:08

I'll see your Jesus and raise you a Poseidon
Cheating Mod Hall of Shame: Dark Morbid, Turtle Crawler, Sov

amy winehouse

Jun 17th 2016, 19:53:09

ah, water? never touch the stuff. fish fluff in it.
- reggie thistleton

Vic Game profile

Jun 18th 2016, 2:53:11

Originally posted by archaic:
I'll see your Jesus and raise you a Poseidon

Jesus: actually existed, even believed to be a prophet in Islam, (for Christ's sake!)
Poseidon: dude wasn't even real!

braden wins that hand buddy!

Serpentor Game profile

Jun 18th 2016, 6:09:59

Maybe Poseidon was real... Were you there in Ancient Greece? I think not. If Jesus can perform miracles, why can't Poseidon perform the miracle of living in the sea? After all he is a god and Jesus was only a son of a god like Hercules or something.
The EEVIL Empire

Cerberus Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 18th 2016, 9:48:05

Oh, Poseidon was indeed real. I rode around on submarines in charge of 16 of them every three months for three months.

No one wanted to release that Kraken, I assure you.

There is much historical evidence that Jesus was real, just like there is real historical evidence the Mohammad was real.

All of you claiming secularism and atheism as your religion must be a real hoot in bed.

Do you really start screaming "Oh, Darwin"!?

LOL

enshula Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 18th 2016, 13:45:58

cerberus is a ship right?

i think its a naval base in australia

im pretty sure darwin is a ship

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HMAS_Darwin_(FFG_04)

Badde Game profile

Jun 18th 2016, 14:49:07

...Show me ONE example of Christian Terrorism in the last say 500 years, just one...

IRA

mrford Game profile

Jun 18th 2016, 17:01:33

Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

Heston Game profile

Jun 18th 2016, 17:17:48

Originally posted by Badde:
...Show me ONE example of Christian Terrorism in the last say 500 years, just one...

IRA

Jonestown
Waco

More importantly, the invasion of all america and the genocide of natives in north america by people that believe in jesus . That one is kinda huge.

Edited By: Heston on Jun 18th 2016, 20:25:56
See Original Post

Serpentor Game profile

Jun 19th 2016, 7:54:01

Long live Poseidon!!!
The EEVIL Empire

enshula Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 19th 2016, 15:58:26

current thinking is any time isolated pockets of people come in contact with the wider population about 90% die off

kind of makes all missionaries terrorists

i think thats amazon tribes rather than mesoamericans and so on

Cerberus Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 19th 2016, 16:50:49

IRA

Uh, dumbass, that was straight up political violence. You don't know much about Ireland do you?

Cerberus Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 19th 2016, 16:55:30

IRA

Jonestown
Waco

uh, Jonestown was a mass suicide orchestrated by a madman.

Waco was the US Government doing the killing, not Christians. Heston, you absolutely have to have a leak in your skull, you're losing brain matter somewhere, you should have it checked out.

Heston Game profile

Jun 19th 2016, 17:29:24

IRA

Jonestown
Waco

uh, Jonestown was a mass suicide orchestrated by a madman.

Waco was the US Government doing the killing, not Christians. Heston, you absolutely have to have a leak in your skull, you're losing brain matter somewhere, you should have it checked out.

Really? The gov is christian. Has been christian since before paul revere. You claiming christ doesn't inspire terror or people dont commit genocidal terrorist acts for jesus is blindly stupid.

Jun 19th 2016, 19:32:25

Serbia and Croatia's attempted genocide on the muslim populations in Bosnia and Herzegovina.

The Croatians had the virgin mary on their rifle butts, and the Serbians wore an Orthodox cross on their uniforms.

When radical Christians commit heinous acts 'they aren't true Christians', but when radical Muslims do likewise they are indicative of all muslims?

Like I have stated, I am an anti theist, and may even contemplate arguing that Islam contains slightly more dangerous scripture than Christianity, but please do not rosify your own religion.

How about the systematic rape of young boys, and the massive cover up that ensued, the leadership of the Catholic church being complicit to the highest level?

Scott Game profile

Jun 19th 2016, 19:45:17

How about the systematic rape of young boys, and the massive cover up that ensued, the leadership of the Catholic church being complicit to the highest level?

A catholic and muslim problem - both religions have covered it up.

Cerberus Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 20th 2016, 15:51:21

Really? The gov is christian. Has been christian since before paul revere. You claiming christ doesn't inspire terror or people dont commit genocidal terrorist acts for jesus is blindly stupid.

You have fallen off the liberal lemming bandwagon, Heston LOL

You have removed your mouth from O's member you know with that statement. It goes against everything that Obama has been saying. LOL

The government is FAR from Christian, just in case you have forgotten how the atheist and others have campaigned to remove "God" from politics.

For example, the 10 commandments were removed from federal courthouses because they created a hostile work environment for all the lawyers and such.

As far as "Christian Terror" you could make the argument that it was "Catholic Terror" much more easily, especially since the Roman Catholic Church has so eloquently expressed their disdain and disbelief in Jesus and God in recent days.

mrford Game profile

Jun 20th 2016, 16:03:14

You fell off the crazy tree and hit every branch on the way down.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

damondusk Game profile

Jun 20th 2016, 17:05:02

Like I have stated, I am an anti theist, and may even contemplate arguing that Islam contains slightly more dangerous scripture than Christianity, but please do not rosify your own religion.

Slightly? Here's some homework for you: find one word from Jesus Christ anywhere in scripture commanding his followers to violence. Not find me a crazy who claims it's for Christ, actually back up that nonsense you're selling with some citation. Here are a few of over 100 easily searched quotes from the Quran calling Muslims to literal war on non-believers:

Quran (3:151) - "Soon shall We cast terror into the hearts of the Unbelievers, for that they joined companions with Allah, for which He had sent no authority"

Quran (2:191-193) - "And kill them wherever you find them, and turn them out from where they have turned you out. And Al-Fitnah [disbelief] is worse than killing...but if they desist, then lo! Allah is forgiving and merciful. And fight them until there is no more Fitnah [belief in and worship of other gods along with Allah] and worship is for Allah alone. But if they cease, let there be no transgression except against Az-Zalimun"

Quran (8:12) - "I will cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieve. Therefore strike off their heads and strike off every fingertip of them"

Quran (8:39) - "And fight with them until there is no more fitna and religion is all for Allah"

Quran (9:30) - "And the Jews say: Ezra is the son of Allah; and the Christians say: The Messiah is the son of Allah; these are the words of their mouths; they imitate the saying of those who disbelieved before; may Allah destroy them; how they are turned away!" ***I particularly like this one because it names and calls for the destruction of Jews and Christians. I remember that one verse when Jesus was like, "Hey guys, fug those Allah guys! May God kill em all!" You remember that?***

You're a hack, Tarnava. "Slightly more dangerous scripture" is like describing a bear as slightly more dangerous than a beagle. There's no intellectual honesty in the fertilizer you're spreading. Your words are tainted with your poorly veiled contempt for Christianity and no matter how you claim to loathe all of the theists equally, your bias betrays you. Why don't you just come out and admit that you hate Christians, regardless of individual character, much the same way a KKK member hates a black regardless of individual character. At least your honesty could be respected, you coward. I'll be flamed to a charred cinder for this post by a few guys but at least I've got the stones to state my real position and take my medicine. You, on the other hand.........

damondusk Game profile

Jun 20th 2016, 17:10:48

Oh, damn! I almost forgot this gem:

When radical Christians commit heinous acts 'they aren't true Christians', but when radical Muslims do likewise they are indicative of all muslims?

Two problems with your prevarication:
1) Muslim scripture prescribes the violence while Christian scripture prohibits it (so to answer your first question, yes)
2) Go ahead and gather up every incident you can find of "religious terrorism" in the last [whatever time span] and make us a pie chart showing breakdown by what religion the actor(s) claimed to follow (to answer your second question, no but the disparity makes it seem so on the surface).

The original Warho Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 20th 2016, 17:40:34

Clean 'em out!

Heston Game profile

Jun 20th 2016, 18:48:09

[quote poster=damondusk; 39968; 766413]

Slightly? Here's some homework for you: find one word from Jesus Christ anywhere in scripture commanding his followers to violence. Not find me a crazy who claims it's for Christ, actually back up that nonsense you're selling with some citation. Here are a few of over 100 easily searched quotes from the Quran calling Muslims to literal war on non-believers:

Quran (3:151) - "Soon shall We cast terror into the hearts of the Unbelievers, for that they joined companions with Allah, for which He had sent no authority"

Quran (2:191-193) - "And kill them wherever you find them, and turn them out from where they have turned you out. And Al-Fitnah [disbelief] is worse than killing...but if they desist, then lo! Allah is forgiving and merciful. And fight them until there is no more Fitnah [belief in and worship of other gods along with Allah] and worship is for Allah alone. But if they cease, let there be no transgression except against Az-Zalimun"

Quran (8:12) - "I will cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieve. Therefore strike off their heads and strike off every fingertip of them"

Quran (8:39) - "And fight with them until there is no more fitna and religion is all for Allah"

Quran (9:30) - "And the Jews say: Ezra is the son of Allah; and the Christians say: The Messiah is the son of Allah; these are the words of their mouths; they imitate the saying of those who disbelieved before; may Allah destroy them; how they are turned away!" ***I particularly like this one because it names and calls for the destruction of Jews and Christians. I remember that one verse when Jesus was like, "Hey guys, fug those Allah guys! May God kill em all!" You remember that?***

You're a hack, Tarnava. "Slightly more dangerous scripture" is like describing a bear as slightly more dangerous than a beagle. There's no intellectual honesty in the fertilizer you're spreading. Your words are tainted with your poorly veiled contempt for Christianity and no matter how you claim to loathe all of the theists equally, your bias betrays you. Why don't you just come out and admit that you hate Christians, regardless of individual character, much the same way a KKK member hates a black regardless of individual character. At least your honesty could be respected, you coward. I'll be flamed to a charred cinder for this post by a few guys but at least I've got the stones to state my real position and take my medicine. You, on the other hand......... [/quote]
Awesome

You have fallen off the liberal lemming bandwagon, Heston LOL

You have removed your mouth from O's member you know with that statement. It goes against everything that Obama has been saying. LOL

The government is FAR from Christian, just in case you have forgotten how the atheist and others have campaigned to remove "God" from politics.

For example, the 10 commandments were removed from federal courthouses because they created a hostile work environment for all the lawyers and such.

As far as "Christian Terror" you could make the argument that it was "Catholic Terror" much more easily, especially since the Roman Catholic Church has so eloquently expressed their disdain and disbelief in Jesus and God in recent days.

For christ sake brother, why do you ignore the native example you asked for? Wiping out entire cultures and bloodlines on a continent is ok because we were considered godless savages?
Catholics are christian. Just because thw pope is a commi Marxist socialist pile of bias fluff doesnt mean they dont worship christ on a stick.
You keep ignoring truth and imagine me with obamas fluff in my mouth. If thats your cup of tea, im ok with it. You wont make me feel uncomfortable with your homosexual fantasies. Not over the internet anyway.

SAM_DANGER Game profile

Jun 20th 2016, 23:13:14

IRA

Uh, dumbass, that was straight up political violence. You don't know much about Ireland do you?

As someone who is married to a Scot and has spent a hell of a lot of time in Ireland and Scotland, I can tell you absolutely positively that it is not that simple.

In those two countries, religion and politics have become hopelessly intertwined, and religious bigotry is a very real thing. Henry VIII split from the Catholic Church nearly 500 years ago because the Pope wouldn't let him get a divorce. Since then, if you're a supporter of the monarchy, you're most likely Protestant. Loyalist vs Republican (those who want a free Ireland) is pretty much synonymous with Protestant vs Catholic. The dislike of the two groups for each other is strong, and mutual. Both sides have a long sad history of atrocities against the other.... killing in the name of Christ.

Want an example of just how sickeningly strong this hatred is? Check out the lyrics to "One Sunday Morning"; a song that is still sung at pro Republican rallies/concerts today. https://www.reverbnation.com/...song_show_lyrics/12327583 "Orangeman" is slang for Protestant.

I've been to a pro Republican event in a small hall in Belfast. 30th anniversary of the ten Irish Republican prisoners who died while on hunger strike in a British prison in Northern Ireland. I DAMN sure didn't tell anyone there that I'm a Lutheran.

Of course, not every Irish or Scottish Catholic hates Protestants (my wife and in-laws for example) but religion is still a divisive force there today. Both sides try to justify their actions by claiming to be on God's side. To me it is absurd that two groups of people who both claim to follow Christ will ignore his message of peace and kill each other, but that's reality.

Jun 21st 2016, 14:33:09

[quote poster=damondusk; 39968; 766413]

You're a hack, Tarnava. "Slightly more dangerous scripture" is like describing a bear as slightly more dangerous than a beagle. There's no intellectual honesty in the fertilizer you're spreading. Your words are tainted with your poorly veiled contempt for Christianity and no matter how you claim to loathe all of the theists equally, your bias betrays you. Why don't you just come out and admit that you hate Christians, regardless of individual character, much the same way a KKK member hates a black regardless of individual character. At least your honesty could be respected, you coward. I'll be flamed to a charred cinder for this post by a few guys but at least I've got the stones to state my real position and take my medicine. You, on the other hand......... [/quote]

When Christians stop quoting the Old Testament to shame others, or justify hate and discrimination, disavowing the text, you can hide behind only the New Testament

Until that time your post is dishonest

I despise Christianity and I stated that Islam is slightly worse, meaning I feel more strongly against it than Christianity

damondusk Game profile

Jun 22nd 2016, 0:58:02

When Christians stop quoting the Old Testament to shame others, or justify hate and discrimination, disavowing the text, you can hide behind only the New Testament

Until that time your post is dishonest

This simply shows that you lack any understanding of what it means to be a Christian or of the scripture and, accordingly, are not fit to determine who is or is not a Christian. Calling yourself a firefighter doesn't make you one. Training to fight fires and then fighting fires makes you a firefighter; doing what firefighters do. Much the same way, declaring one's self a Christian does not make it so. I would challenge according to scripture and by definition, no one you described is following the teachings of Jesus Christ as they are described in the Bible.
As for the the old OT vs NT nonsense: You may not believe in the Bible's historical accuracy, but a Christian will and the text shows that Jesus Christ gave his self as a perfect sacrifice to satisfy forever the need for the rigid Mosaic Law. There's no need for anyone to hide behind anything. Any person quoting Levitical Law to condemn or shame someone for being gay or having a tattoo or whatever is not, by definition, a Christian as they simply are not following the teachings of Christ.

Jun 22nd 2016, 4:33:12

The vast majority of the Christian claiming population has no idea the teachings, history or philosophy of Christ. In fact, I would be surprised if you do- seeing as how the modern texts have been perverted so much throughout history away from what Jesus or Yeshua actually was, and taught(i.e no actual miracles, first account had him married with children, very vague on whether he spoke of an after life or a peoples communist uprising, etc). It could be argued that modern day Christianity is closer to Platonism than it is to original Christianity.

Now let's talk about exactly when Christianity turned for the worse, I'd pinpoint it to around Tertullian. Definitely Tertullian, when he gave the first account of heaven(decades after hell was accepted in Christian circles) and described it, to paraphrase, as a 'sanctuary in the sky for the true believers to blissfully look down to watch the eternal torment of the non believers'

Not very Christian, and only about 200 AD. Once Constantin got his hooks in and the Romans started re writing everything, the rest went to crap.

If you want to speak strictly of the philosophy of Jesus, it isn't particularly dangerous, although I largely disagree with it. However, the vast majority know virtually none of his philosophies, practice less, and believe the made up miracles and horse crap, believing just enough for the organized leaders to be able to frighten the populace to keep shame and guilt high, spurring on hate and mistrust, and sowing the seeds of evil.

and while not an expert, I have read both the NT(many times, several different versions) and the OT(horrid, evil piece of trash that it is)

damondusk Game profile

Jun 22nd 2016, 16:47:20

Again, you prove yourself a total hack. Over and over you dodge rock solid points and demonstrate your inability to refute those points. I asked you to back up your doctrinal claims and you didn't. I pointed out that a person is what they do, not what they say, and you had no answer. I knocked out your weak sauce claim of OT persecution being Biblical by pointing out the fulfillment of the law at the cross; you cannot refute (and on that note, do you have any idea how many pastors in this country are tattooed, gay, women, have a past....you clearly don't know what you're talking about). I ask you for specific answers and you won't give them. I'm going to ask you for another:

If you want to speak strictly of the philosophy of Jesus, it isn't particularly dangerous, although I largely disagree with it.

Which part(s) of the philosophy of Christ is it that you disagree with? So far, when I point out what the teaching says, you refuse to deal with what it ACTUALLY SAYS and deflect to a bunch of bullchit about how this guy and that guy might have said this or changed that or blah blah blah. I'd bet good money just about no one in any church anywhere has ever even heard those names and whatever you claim they taught has no bearing whatsoever on what any Bible believing Christian believes. You are simply muddying the waters with specious and irrelevant 'information'.... STOP HIDING! Answer the damned question! In the text, as it's written (since this is what any modern day 'Christian' has to work with), which word(s) of Christ do you find disagreeable? And which word(s) qualify as only slightly less dangerous than doctrinal instruction to quite literally terrorize and murder those who do not believe?

Leave all the other chit behind, pull up your big boy/girl pants and try a direct, honest answer.

Jun 22nd 2016, 17:08:21

The New Testament is virtually void of dangerous texts.

As for your FF analogy, I would use a better one:

A police force using archaic laws to harass citizens, knowing full well they'll be over turned in court, but to achieve the result of shame and guilt.

First off the New Testament clearly prohibits divorce, and alludes to 1 man 1 woman, which I disagree with for many reasons.

Here is a verse from the NT citing Jesus, where he lists fornication as an evil attribute:

[Jesus] said, "It is what comes out of a person that defiles. For it is from within, from the human heart, that evil intentions come: fornication, theft, murder, adultery, avarice, wickedness, deceit, licentiousness, envy, slander, pride, folly. All these evil things come from within, and they defile a person." (NRSV, Mark 7:20-23)

Humans are sexual beings, shaming our sexuality causes repression, anger, leads to hate. It is abhorrent.

Jesus also taught that the poor should have no concern over worldly comforts or riches as they will receive reward in heaven(he actually didn't at all, original texts are very vague and I am much less against, no sky daddy in paradise, but we are talking with what is understood as christs teachings not what they actually were). This type of magical thought also causes division, an us vs them tribalism that has lead to many of the atrocities committed in his name. It is harmful to the human psychology, and believing in this sort of nonsense also works against scientific advancements

I believe 'turning the other cheek' and absolute forgiveness for anyone is very short sighted and goes against what we know about neurobiology. Chemical imbalances are real, we need to be wary of predators in our midst, and a subset of the population can never be rehabilitated(although the majority can)

I also reject equality. People and cultures aren't equal, and do not deserve equal reward or respect. Evolution favors the strong and intelligent, and that goes for evolution of culture, technology and science also.