Verified:

Mr Charcoal Game profile

Oct 11th 2010, 6:17:59

With all the different retal policies, I'm a little lost. In the old days, almost all retal policies were the same/very similar.

--Hypothetical policies - real question--

Rock has a L:L policy on all hits
Seawolf has a 1:1 -defending country only policy

Rock hits Seawolf. Can anyone from Seawolf hit Rock for L:L (As per Rock retal policy) or does the defending Seawolf country have to only take 1 retal.

--Reversed--
Seawolf hits Rock once for 2150 acres. Should rock have to appease the the Seawolf policy or run their own? According to Rock, any Rock country can take back 2150 acres, according to Seawolf, only the original Rock defendant can attack just 1 time regardless of the outcome...

Discuss. Show your work.

Edited By: Mr Charcoal on Oct 11th 2010, 6:20:29
See Original Post
Originally posted by NOW3P:
Religion is like a penis - it's perfectly fine to have one, but you're best served not whipping it out in public and waving it in people's faces.

Viceroy Game profile

Oct 11th 2010, 6:35:49

I used my calculator and for both equations it said the answer was 'FS'
And, Monsters, do not forget to specify, when time and place shall serve, that I am an ass.

Makinso Game profile

Oct 11th 2010, 10:16:10

hhmmm Charcoal I think at this point with so many policy differences it c omes down to whom is willing to enforce their policy and who will bend for anothers policy.

Marshal Game profile

Oct 11th 2010, 17:39:23

I agree with Viceroy and Makinso, there'll be wars when side a enforces its policy but side b doesn't bend.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

Pain Game profile

Oct 11th 2010, 18:29:06

it should be assumed that if you hit a tag then you are subject to whatever thier retal policy is. i think the gray area is defending. if im in a tag that has a 1:1 policy and i get hit by a tag that has a L:L policy, im gonna take my L:L because you would do the same to me if i make a grab.
Your mother is a nice woman

Akula Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 11th 2010, 21:00:40

spot on V

Originally posted by Viceroy:
I used my calculator and for both equations it said the answer was 'FS'

i'm on the side of

1hit : 1hit
obscene hit : kill << no need to do L:L this way ;)
=============================
"Astra inclinant, sed non obligant"

SOL http://sol.ghqnet.com/
=============================

Thomas Game profile

Oct 11th 2010, 21:08:11

The way we run things...

If we LGs someone, they can retal once. If they go for L:L, then they'll be getting retals for over-retalling however many times it took them to get L:L.

Ivan Game profile

Oct 11th 2010, 22:50:15

Sounds like a good way to get tag killed on

Mr Charcoal Game profile

Oct 12th 2010, 1:36:40

So general consesus is...

Defending alliance retal policy in effect

or

detahs and war
Originally posted by NOW3P:
Religion is like a penis - it's perfectly fine to have one, but you're best served not whipping it out in public and waving it in people's faces.

archaic Game profile

Oct 12th 2010, 1:39:14

iy really just depends on who blinks first . . . and don't even get started on 48 vs 72 hour retal windows.
Cheating Mod Hall of Shame: Dark Morbid, Turtle Crawler, Sov

ponderer Game profile

Oct 12th 2010, 1:44:41

Is either alliance willing to war to enforce their policy, or are their FA's willing to compramise? Since RoCK could've tag killed seawolf with Shuggah's multis, my guess is seawolf would've bent and allowed RoCK to retal however RoCK felt like retalling.
m0m0rific