Verified:

Servant Game profile

EE Patron

May 7th 2011, 19:30:15

I'm calling it now. Its going to be a slugfest, no idea which one will win.

A side predicton, any other republican I guarantee will lose. This is the only one that can pull off the upset.
Z is #1

Ozzite Game profile

May 7th 2011, 19:39:21

Republicans seem incapable of running a campaign that is not anti-Obama as opposed to pro-Republican. Because of this I find it very hard to think that an Obama appointee who has said such nice things to say about Obama will get the nomination.
Ah, mercury. Sweetest of the transition metals.

Servant Game profile

EE Patron

May 7th 2011, 19:55:46

This is why he's the one that can win, and he's the one that can run that kind of campaign, yes 20-30% will oppose him, but they'll split their votes amongst the current group of nominees.

This guy will capture the rest of the party.
Z is #1

Servant Game profile

EE Patron

May 7th 2011, 19:56:46

A Rockefellor republican can beat Obama. That is what Huntsman is.

Z is #1

Brink Game profile

May 7th 2011, 20:15:41

He won't end up running, but I am a huge fan of Mitch Daniels.

Ozzite Game profile

May 7th 2011, 20:18:51

I don't think he will survive the primary though...
Ah, mercury. Sweetest of the transition metals.

Tertius Game profile

EE Patron

May 7th 2011, 20:23:50

I had the chance to meet him in China (his Chinese is quite good). A lot of people say he was appointed ambassador there to kind of keep him from running against Obama, but he resigned, so it makes you wonder what he plans to do if he's not throwing his hat in the ring. I think he's a real contender, but not sure if it will be this time or in four more years.

Edited By: Tertius on May 7th 2011, 20:30:36
See Original Post

ponderer Game profile

May 8th 2011, 12:27:01

the current republican strategy seems to be aimed at nominating only true believers. A moderate has no chance in their primary.
m0m0rific

martian Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

May 13th 2011, 18:01:56

I hope the republicans remember what happened to Barry Goldwater..

Guess not.:P
you are all special in the eyes of fluff
(|(|
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )

RUN IT IS A KILLER BUNNY!!!

Dibs Ludicrous Game profile

May 13th 2011, 18:09:21

meh, think Servant needs to work on his psychic powers if he's only going to claim that it's going to be a slugfest. wonder if he's tried getting a job at one of those psychic hotlines...
There are no messages in your Inbox.
Elvis has left the building.

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

May 13th 2011, 20:21:50

Osama kills:
Obama - 1
Huntsman - 0

also, I don't see a mormon winning over the evangelical right....
he'll get the fluff kicked out of him in the primaries :-/
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff
pangaea [at] earthempires [dot] com

Boxcar - Earth Empires Clan & Alliance Hosting
http://www.boxcarhosting.com

Servant Game profile

EE Patron

May 14th 2011, 4:43:18

The mormon's are growing, they are very Republican, and they carry more and more weight in the party. And, they have money.

There is a growing acceptance of mormon's as political partners since they share many of the same conservative "values" as evangelicals.

He's more modererate that the others that are running, but its a hyper conservative field, splitting a vote, he won't be splitting votes with anyone. Especially in Iowa/NH/SC

Great organizational skills, and political IQ. He's the only Republican that the Obama team is scared of (as previously noted.)

Successful Gov, plenty of Mormon money to come his way, and a great campaigner. When he announces and makes a splash, it'll change things.

Brink, Mitch will be a force, I just don't see him winning the Presidency, maybe the nomination. But Huntsman can beat Obama, and in my opinion he's the only one that can. Question is, as properly noted, can he get out of his Primaries?
Z is #1

May 14th 2011, 5:07:32

Originally posted by Servant:
The mormon's are growing, they are very Republican, and they carry more and more weight in the party. And, they have money.

There is a growing acceptance of mormon's as political partners since they share many of the same conservative "values" as evangelicals.

He's more modererate that the others that are running, but its a hyper conservative field, splitting a vote, he won't be splitting votes with anyone. Especially in Iowa/NH/SC

Great organizational skills, and political IQ. He's the only Republican that the Obama team is scared of (as previously noted.)

Successful Gov, plenty of Mormon money to come his way, and a great campaigner. When he announces and makes a splash, it'll change things.

Brink, Mitch will be a force, I just don't see him winning the Presidency, maybe the nomination. But Huntsman can beat Obama, and in my opinion he's the only one that can. Question is, as properly noted, can he get out of his Primaries?

While the Mormon population is growing, their rate of growth is not very great. While they are very republican and have deep wallets, 35% of the mormon population lives in Utah. On top of that 76% of the entire mormon population lives in the west. Those facts alone means that Huntsman can't rely on just his mormon connections.

As you noted, in the general election it would be a close race between Huntsman and Obama; but Huntsman will have a hard time getting the delegates needed, from all the other states not named Utah, to win the party's nomination. I just don't see the south ever letting that happen. I think T-Paw has more of a chance of winning the nomination than Huntsman does.

Pain Game profile

May 14th 2011, 5:07:50

this is why religion is retarded. someones religion should have no bearing on whether or not they can successfully run a country. people that would or wouldnt vote for someone based on thier religious beliefs are retarded.

just like voting for someone based on thier skin color is totally retarded.

Your mother is a nice woman

May 14th 2011, 5:38:31

It's not retarded---it's more like a shortcut for people because they actually have to worry about real life.

Emp1r3 Game profile

May 14th 2011, 6:51:08

I think that Huntsman has a lot of good things going for him. His family is definitely a well known and respectable one. Anyone who doesn't recognize his name simply need look up the Huntsman Cancer Center, or just research about the Huntsmans. His previous track records as Governor in Utah seems to definitely support him. He did leave office with an 80% approval rating there (peaking at 90%).

The big thing will be winning the Evangelicals. Let it also be noted that Mitt Romney ran last year and was doing much better then his Evangelical counter-part Mike Huckabee (who also took a quick shot towards religion to aid himself).

The fact that he is Mormon will always play a role. I hate to tell you that Pain, but that is how life is. A lot of people still don't completely understand the Mormon culture, and there is plenty of bad publicity that will probably come up right around then (most of which will probably have NO RELATION WHATSOEVER to Huntsman nor the Church). It is just a strategy. I think that, however, Huntsman has many of the qualities that will help him win the Republicans. If he can win over the primaries I believe as Servant does, that he will win the Presidency.

Pain Game profile

May 14th 2011, 7:04:24

i dislike all religions equally so i have no issues with him being a mormon.

Assassin Game profile

May 14th 2011, 16:11:26

the magic underwear alone makes him an unstoppable force

NOW3P Game profile

May 14th 2011, 17:31:14

Religion is like a penis - it's perfectly fine to have one, but you're best served not whipping it out in public and waving it in people's faces.

I think Huntsman would be a good candidate - god help the Republican party if they somehow have a large enough brain aneurysm to run Trump or Palin instead.

May 14th 2011, 18:21:58

I know I'm certainly going to vote for Palin or Trump. Got to love open primaries.

Pain Game profile

May 14th 2011, 18:29:36

Palin is a retard. if she got elected i would probably have to defect to canada. lol

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

May 14th 2011, 18:32:59

Originally posted by Pain:
Palin is a retard. if she got elected i would probably have to defect to canada. lol

we've already talked about it, and we don't want her.

canadians are divided on many issues, but we speak with one voice on the Palin question.
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff

Junky Game profile

May 14th 2011, 19:36:40

Originally posted by Pang:

we've already talked about it, and we don't want her.

canadians are divided on many issues, but we speak with one voice on the Palin question.

if she runs and wins.... do you have an extra room I can sleep in?
I Maybe Crazy... But atleast I'm crazy.

Trixx Game profile

May 14th 2011, 20:47:01

ugh, the thought of a palin presidency just made my brain fluff itself
-=Trixx=-
Head of AT Spammage

Junky Game profile

May 14th 2011, 20:56:05

if she runs.. I'll shed a tear of laughter... if she wins.. 3rd world country here the US comes... Canada will have to deal with Illegals :-P

BobbyATA Game profile

May 14th 2011, 21:03:49

the republican field looks so pathetic this time around. I'm truly disappointed in my party:( At least Obama isn't really that terrible IMO. I mean against a Trump/Palin type candidate I'd def. vote for him...

Junky Game profile

May 14th 2011, 21:20:06

no doubt. waiting for Arnold to run, he can get to the first round :-P then his birth becomes an issue... maybe we could convince Christopher Walkins to run...

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

May 14th 2011, 21:28:41

I have a futon and a couch, but i usually reserve them for drunk canadians who come visit me...
and I need to keep one handy for myself in cases where I'm kicked out of bed
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff

Jiman Game profile

May 14th 2011, 22:03:36

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

May 14th 2011, 22:05:38

I liked south park's version better

dumb dumb dumb dumb
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff

Junky Game profile

May 14th 2011, 23:32:23

is it too late to use Gaffigans plot... and elect a dead president, to presidency :-P

Pain Game profile

May 15th 2011, 0:58:58

is that really what mormons believe? thats the most rediculous fluff ive ever heard. and the dumbest explanation for the black race lol.

Junky Game profile

May 15th 2011, 1:13:21

beats scientology..

Link Game profile

May 15th 2011, 1:35:44

let the guy have another term :P
Link.

I Am a meat popsicle.

Elders
ICN
NBK
PanLV
SALT
MaK
Valks
CwG

Junky Game profile

May 15th 2011, 2:42:11

well if they keep the current line up... it'll be him switching Biden for Clinton... not Hillery... Bill :-P

Servant Game profile

EE Patron

May 15th 2011, 4:47:10

Please note, I'm hoping Huntsman doesn't make it out. As I'm voting Obama.

But he's scary good. And is the 1 and only Presidential worthy canidate I see among the Reps.

Romney and Pawlenty have been running for 4 years and have 0 traction, they won't get anywhere except by default, and neither can win.
Z is #1

Trixx Game profile

May 15th 2011, 4:51:23

did you serouly just say arnold for president?

kind of not allowed by the constitution at all, but ok, if you say so
-=Trixx=-
Head of AT Spammage

Junky Game profile

May 15th 2011, 4:58:45

did you read the rest or just see the Arnold for pres and comment?

Trixx Game profile

May 15th 2011, 5:07:38

oh i read it all, but any reference to him even running is retarded
-=Trixx=-
Head of AT Spammage

Junky Game profile

May 15th 2011, 5:24:20

just like the chances of anyone winning with current bids.. so it all works out :-P

literally it's become like California when Arnold ran.. I'm waiting for more Celebs to come outa the woodworks.

Trixx Game profile

May 15th 2011, 6:21:09

I hear that John Travolta is going to run on a ticket with Tom Cruise
-=Trixx=-
Head of AT Spammage

tenshim0 Game profile

May 15th 2011, 7:00:55

osama is like a bonus post
Your forces invaded tiekoon (#447)!
They broke through the defender's defences!
They took:
30,503 Acres(31,175 Gained)
1395 Buildings(672 Destroyed)

Im MrB

NOW3P Game profile

May 15th 2011, 8:29:57

Celebs in gov't aren't exactly something new. Charlton Heston, Bill Bradley, Ronald Reagan, Sunny Bono, Jesse Ventura, etc etc etc. Arnold's actually about 30-40 years behind the curb....but on the bright side, he has positioned himself with impeccable timing to aid us in the impending zombie uprising now that he's split up with Eva.

Name recognition can take you places.

May 15th 2011, 12:26:29

Originally posted by NOW3P:
Celebs in gov't aren't exactly something new. Charlton Heston, Bill Bradley, Ronald Reagan, Sunny Bono, Jesse Ventura, etc etc etc. Arnold's actually about 30-40 years behind the curb....but on the bright side, he has positioned himself with impeccable timing to aid us in the impending zombie uprising now that he's split up with Eva.

Name recognition can take you places.

Arnold was elected the Govinator because of Shriver.

Emp1r3 Game profile

May 16th 2011, 3:02:03

If this is the video I think it is then my response to

is that really what mormons believe? thats the most rediculous fluff ive ever heard. and the dumbest explanation for the black race lol.

would be, don't believe it in it's entirety, get informed by someone who knows the religion and isn't out to slander it.

murorf

May 16th 2011, 3:39:50

I liked HUckabee

Servant Game profile

EE Patron

May 16th 2011, 5:38:30

I could see Huckabee as a VP for Huntsman.
Z is #1

murorf

May 16th 2011, 12:23:31

Originally posted by NOW3P:
Religion is like a penis - it's perfectly fine to have one, but you're best served not whipping it out in public and waving it in people's faces..

You could use this saying for anything not just religion and your penis.

I would not mind Huckabee as a VP Candidate

ZDH Game profile

May 16th 2011, 17:31:10

Get Obama out plz!
-BigZ

ZDH Game profile

May 16th 2011, 17:31:51

IDC if Arnold Schwartszanegger (lol however you spell his name) is President just no Obama!

THE BIRTH CERTIFICATE WAS FAKE! lol
-BigZ