Verified:

wanttokill Game profile

Dec 31st 2015, 19:22:13

There are currently 404 countries in the Alliance server.

There ws 10'000 when i started playing.
Some where multies... Alot some sets :P
But there where thousands of REAL players.

So what have changed this?
My hypothesis is:
You guys, whom think it makes your fluff bigger to have the largest NW of 404 countries.

When i started playing people still raced for high NW, but they did it by competing!
Not by supressing their oponents with weird political made up rules that has to do with NW based or land based grabbing rules etc.
Nor time based war or grab rules, thats ridiculous! Get defense, play by how the game works. Its the same for everybody :)

You guys are not winners, you are whiners.
Because the real winners have left the game (some have gotten real lifes)
If you stop all the BULL fluff made up political rules, and start some heavy promoting... You might get this game back up there again with thousands of players.
Players with new real unique strategies!
Players who form new kind of relations, ideas and ideals!

Not this old bullfluff bully everybody to beat 404 players NW.
It makes me laugh (and cry cuz im a girl)

YOU CAN DO IT!

Vic Game profile

Dec 31st 2015, 19:29:11

I have way too much faith in the female sex to think a woman was actually stupid enough to post this.

King_Cobra1 Game profile

Dec 31st 2015, 19:54:27

That would require people to actually get along? Sense when in earths long history has that EVER really happened?

Lastly were talking about a text based game in the era of graphic based games....

Heston Game profile

Dec 31st 2015, 19:55:41

Ya
Tits or gtfo
❤️️Nothing but❤️️💯❤️️❤️️🌺🌸🌹❤️❤️💯

hawkeyee Game profile

Dec 31st 2015, 20:17:14

"So what have changed this?"

Gaming.

Most of us started with this game when we were quite young, and continue purely for nostalgia. The game in its current form hasn't been appealing to new players for a decade.
Minister
The Omega
Omega Retal Policy/Contacts: http://tinyurl.com/owpvakm (Earth Wiki)
Apply: http://tinyurl.com/mydc8by (Boxcar)

DruncK Game profile

Dec 31st 2015, 20:32:23

I still want to see Qz implement bots that appear as aliens, with new tech and units that just start destroying everyone. Or zombie countries with a weird ass way to beat either of them.

What was the definition of insanity again?

Marshal Game profile

Dec 31st 2015, 20:44:09

i wonder if iwtk knows where vic lives.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

BladeEWG Game profile

Dec 31st 2015, 20:45:26

Originally posted by King_Cobra1:
That would require people to actually get along? Sense when in earths long history has that EVER really happened?

Lastly were talking about a text based game in the era of graphic based games....

I thinking was better when tags didn't get along . We had some great tag fueds but now everyone pacts out

Akula Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 31st 2015, 21:49:45

globally pacting out was the death to this game
you REQUIRE a certain element of risk, of having to keep an eye open ... in case ... someone takes whats yours, or kills you

perhaps its no longer possible in a game where so much goes on behind the game - other games, alliances etc, perhaps its no longer possible to keep planning within tags without it going for other tags' approval in the way of pacting ?

WTK rocks btw :)

Edited By: Akula on Dec 31st 2015, 21:51:51
=============================
"Astra inclinant, sed non obligant"

SOL http://sol.ghqnet.com/

Detmer Game profile

Dec 31st 2015, 22:46:23

The fundamental problem is what hawkeye said. This is not a modern game. High school kids don't play browser games. We are here because this is where our friends are. The way to save this game would be to make a phone app for it. Doesn't have to be super fancy, glitzy, etc but it has to have modern interface.

Marshal Game profile

Dec 31st 2015, 23:00:22

kids play browser games (mmos) if those have fancy graphs.

bstrong86 Game profile

Dec 31st 2015, 23:34:07

Phone ap will only save the game
The Death Knights

XI

Getafix Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 1st 2016, 0:00:26

I hate graphics

iTarl Game profile

Jan 1st 2016, 2:06:17

iWTK rules

jjterrico Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 1st 2016, 2:15:45

Originally posted by Getafix:
I hate graphics

Lol give me atari graphics and Im happy

Hneftafl Game profile

Jan 1st 2016, 2:42:56

It's fluffs like vic that make this game unappealing to new players, so it's no surprise that he was the first one who responded to this, in his usual insulting way.
If at first you don't succeed, reverse the polarity.

Vic Game profile

Jan 1st 2016, 3:39:18

i've recruited more new players to this game than all of you combined. now stfu and happy new year nub

drkprinc Game profile

Jan 1st 2016, 3:47:28

all up to ol wittek (wtk) as I say it, go out to the streets and kidnap some fresh meat :)
(<(<>(<>.(<>..<>).<>)<>)>)

zz.ghqnet.com - 0.o
http://LaF.center - LaF
imp.ghqnet.com - IMP

Serpentor Game profile

Jan 1st 2016, 6:39:33

If you want to play like old school, join primary. There's none of those new age rules over there. The primary game itself is actually still fun... Not a crappy game with a good social part like alliance is now.
The EEVIL Empire

Cerberus Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 1st 2016, 7:13:55

Originally posted by Serpentor:
If you want to play like old school, join primary. There's none of those new age rules over there. The primary game itself is actually still fun... Not a crappy game with a good social part like alliance is now.

Serp knows of what he speaks.
I don't need anger management, people need to stop pissing me off!

wanttokill Game profile

Jan 1st 2016, 8:30:35

There are currently 268 countries in the Primary server.
Nuff said? ....or...

I'd have more resistance playing against yo momas STD's

Phone app is a good idea.
Also language interfaces. Heard them Russian and Chinese speaking people are quite many out there in the universe.
Easy for me to say i guess, since im not going to do it :P But of the 404 players there's lots who have absolutely no lifes :)

Havoc Game profile

Jan 1st 2016, 9:22:34

If an app was made apparently we'd need a celebrity to appear in the commercial to compete though..
Havoc
Unholy Monks | The Omega

Marshal Game profile

Jan 1st 2016, 12:24:25

nah, just some photoshopping.

Vic Game profile

Jan 1st 2016, 13:57:01

i'm going to call it out again. there is no way that's a girl

breeze Game profile

Jan 1st 2016, 17:49:56

iWTK is 100% correct. Rock on IWTK

Akula Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 1st 2016, 19:59:26

Originally posted by Havoc:
If an app was made apparently we'd need a celebrity to appear in the commercial to compete though..

we have PLENTY of celebrities here !
we have musicians, we have actors, we have business people, we have politicians, we have cops, we have robbers, we have those that end up in episodes of COPS and we even have internationally newsworthy assassins - Celebs, we have ! =P

oh yeah, we also have WTK ! ;)
"Astra inclinant, sed non obligant"

SOL http://sol.ghqnet.com/

Kat Game profile

Jan 1st 2016, 21:37:37

I started to read the post, but the grammar Nazi in me started acting up so I didn't finish. >.<

I'm guessing this is a rehashing of all the points people have already made by a person who just assumes that, even though THEY don't know anything about programming, there MUST be someone else who can just make an app (even though that usually takes a whole company of people). Cause it's that simple. -_-

How about this: instead of complaining about not having an app, try telling your friends about the game. I've recruited a few RL peeps just by mentioning it. Imagine if 400 people did that.

Anyway. Bonus, etc. :P

elvesrus

Jan 1st 2016, 21:41:12

Originally posted by Vic:
i've recruited more new players to this game than all of you combined. now stfu and happy new year nub

how many were you? :p
Originally posted by crest23:
Elves is a douche on every server.

Detmer Game profile

Jan 1st 2016, 22:07:55

Originally posted by elvesrus:

how many were you? :p

BladeEWG Game profile

Jan 1st 2016, 22:24:15

I still blame the decline on L=L

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 1st 2016, 22:34:58

Hey everyone! Decided to drop in on ya's! I do randomly check the forums partly out of habit partly out of curiosity of if this place is still around.

There is nothing really to save with the game. Like some have said the game is at its nuclear core and will probably remain at this size until the day they close the doors.

There is probably a certain fraction of a fraction of a % of the population (world wide) that would enjoy something like this and there could potentially be thousands playing however reaching them would take a lot of work/money and the pay off just isn't there to do that.

Qz/Pang will keep this game going as long as it is self sufficient (and prob adds a few extra pennies to their pocket). The day this game no longer provides for itself you better start to worry because that will start the timer for the end of days!

To be completely honest I am surprised the game is still going on, but somehow every year it does. That is a testament to the remaining community.

Anyways hope everyone has a good 2016!

LittleItaly Game profile

Game Moderator
Alliance, FFA, & Cooperation

Jan 1st 2016, 22:39:45

the problem is that there arent any new clans to create new "sides" and more coalitions to war against. This problem exists because there arent enough new players continuously coming in at once so that all the grabbing love is spread out. Its apparent that every clan that exists just accepts there position in the server since wars are no longer policy based or FR issue based. People are bored warring the same old tags as well.

That is why i hope that a bot clan will exist one day that just picks a random alliance to ally with or just war, or whatever to create that randomness that used to exist in the game. The current bots definitely need random retaliatory capabilities when grabbed so that land is not "free" and is risky.
LittleItaly
SOL Vet
-Discord: LittleItaly#2905
-IRC: irc.scourge.se #sol
-Apply today @ http://sol.ghqnet.com for Alliance

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 1st 2016, 22:44:53

Bots take a lot of work to make well.....

Link Game profile

Jan 2nd 2016, 8:23:03

Originally posted by hawkeyee:
"So what have changed this?"

Gaming.

Most of us started with this game when we were quite young, and continue purely for nostalgia. The game in its current form hasn't been appealing to new players for a decade.
Link.

I Am a meat popsicle.

Elders
ICN
NBK
PanLV
SALT
MaK
Valks
CwG

Vic Game profile

Jan 2nd 2016, 13:10:41

Originally posted by Kat:
I started to read the post, but the grammar Nazi in me started acting up so I didn't finish. >.<

I'm guessing this is a rehashing of all the points people have already made by a person who just assumes that, even though THEY don't know anything about programming, there MUST be someone else who can just make an app (even though that usually takes a whole company of people). Cause it's that simple. -_-

How about this: instead of complaining about not having an app, try telling your friends about the game. I've recruited a few RL peeps just by mentioning it. Imagine if 400 people did that.

Anyway. Bonus, etc. :P

now that's a girl :p

Ruthie

Jan 2nd 2016, 13:47:42

Recruiting new players is easier than getting them to keep playing once they are here.

~Ruthless~
Ragnaroks EEVIL Lady

Vic Game profile

Jan 2nd 2016, 15:08:23

^another legitimate girl!

also if you all really care ...

-any changes to this game, especially integration of graphics, make this an entirely different game. so doing so is just creating a new game.

-there are a lot of math geeks 14-22 that would absolutely eat this game up. the game should be promoted to public/charter/private high schools across the u.s., canada, singapore, japan, china, australia, maybe gb. at it's core, this is a game for smart people. stupid people play it, but the target market should be smart people and really, that age range of about 14-22 which was median range in the good old days is essential. the dumber the kid, the more likely he is to prefer graphics, and that's just how it will be. so further define the market and go for the smart kids and educational bodies/school districts

- the age group 30-45 will account for the next obvious age group that the game still appeals to. but again, has to be smarter guys. push to MENSA. thousands and thousands of members (hundreds of thousands?) and no doubt 5-10% of those would be interested in this game. same with other strategy game organizations. they exist in all major cities and have thousands of members. they'd be glad to promote this game to their members. $ them and they'll promote it even more, but $$s usually not even necessary with organizations like that.

-app

-app

-app

-app

-ton more bots to make land way more plentiful

-app

-app

-app

Vic Game profile

Jan 2nd 2016, 15:09:25

and seriously other than that, all you nubs can probably suck it

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 2nd 2016, 16:13:37

Vic why are you taking this so seriously? Man don't worry Tom Brady will win again (even if he has to cheat to do so)!

JK LOVE YOU VIC!

SAM_DANGER Game profile

Jan 2nd 2016, 17:20:51

I Unconcur. If we're talking about recruiting real new players, the last thing we need is more bots.

Remove easy risk-free land. This game never needed it. The playing field is level whether there are 700 players or 7k.

Get rid of bots, get rid of ghost acres. Alliance server players can either explore for land, or stop pacting out every single possible threat and start doing real land grabbing again.

Kat Game profile

Jan 2nd 2016, 17:54:41

I actually agree with Sam... O.O

This game is now about netting more than anything else...and netting sets are when clans go inactive. Now with bots and ghost acres you don't even have to talk to anyone! You get a core group that faithfully posts in site and another smaller core that's in IRC, but most of the clan members just run turns every other day. Wars and grabbing get people active and that's when you get to know people and, quite honestly, the friendships and such are why I tolerate the math required play this game. :P

Scott Game profile

Jan 2nd 2016, 18:32:10

We need more tits...

elvesrus

Jan 2nd 2016, 18:34:51

Originally posted by SAM_DANGER:

I Unconcur. If we're talking about recruiting real new players, the last thing we need is more bots.

Remove easy risk-free land. This game never needed it. The playing field is level whether there are 700 players or 7k.

Get rid of bots, get rid of ghost acres. Alliance server players can either explore for land, or stop pacting out every single possible threat and start doing real land grabbing again.

I've been saying that for years to what has seemed like a brick wall.
Originally posted by crest23:
Elves is a douche on every server.

Hawkster Game profile

Jan 2nd 2016, 20:57:58

Yep bots would actually be deterrent for recruiting real new players ... yet I dont see that actually happening anyway.

But one never knows, maybe, just maybe if was some actual strategic challenge back in the game it might actually recruit some new players.

The real answer to OP though is Time. Times have changed.

Getafix Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 3rd 2016, 0:30:25

I should think that target marketing has advanced to the point where it is possible to identify the traits of the typical heavy EE player and design a marketing campaign to reach people with those traits.

I would think that Team and Express would appeal to people with higher than average mathematical and verbal reasoning skills and psychopathic tendencies. High populations of such people should be found in prison, probably for white collar crimes, and possibly in private rehab centers or mental inpatient facilities.

Dissident Game profile

Jan 3rd 2016, 0:40:14

except team server is the best...

Atryn Game profile

Jan 3rd 2016, 2:06:35

My kid plays on Roblox. The entire platform is free. Kids make the games for each other. Its like the "browser-based" world this started in where the entry point is low, the quality is always mediocre, the support sucks and ppl tolerate bugs as long as the core game is fun. Most of the games have little to no documentation. Many rip off each other or build clones/variations with their own spin (Mars, anyone?) and some even rip off trademarked IP (Just saw a star wars game on there today that is undoubtedly not properly licensed).

But they have provided a free 3D, physics engine block-based dev environment kids can program in and which is inherently multi-player and kid-friendly.

Like I said, it reminds me of the "browser based" games in the 1990s.

archaic Game profile

Jan 3rd 2016, 4:17:15

Originally posted by wanttokill:

When i started playing people still raced for high NW, but they did it by competing!
Not by supressing their oponents with weird political made up rules that has to do with NW based or land based grabbing rules etc.
Nor time based war or grab rules, thats ridiculous! Get defense, play by how the game works. Its the same for everybody

I have no idea what game you were playing, but I'm sure all of us old Earth2025 players would have enjoyed it - and the bag you must have smoked before you posted this. Because there were NEVER any retal politics in the old game . . . ever.
Cheating Mod Hall of Shame: Dark Morbid, Turtle Crawler, Sov

rain Game profile

Jan 3rd 2016, 6:06:12

1+546

SAM_DANGER Game profile

Jan 3rd 2016, 15:39:45

Originally posted by Getafix:
I should think that target marketing has advanced to the point where it is possible to identify the traits of the typical heavy EE player and design a marketing campaign to reach people with those traits.

I'M JUST BIG BONED!