Verified:

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 24th 2015, 10:56:46

[ Irrelevant ]

Edited By: Celphi on Feb 11th 2015, 15:07:44
Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated.

Syko_Killa Game profile

Jan 24th 2015, 10:59:57

Since when do the mods need to listen to you? If there is an exploit, put it on the forums. Than they might fix whatever problem your having.
Do as I say, not as I do.

MountainYeti Game profile

Jan 24th 2015, 13:26:31

Completely agree with Celphi. Bots in there current iteration are being abused/exploited in alot of ways. Lack of retals, 0 spies and market buyouts are the main culprits

currydubs Game profile

Jan 24th 2015, 13:35:49

Their existence was never required.

blid

EE Patron

Jan 24th 2015, 17:01:53

I agree with Celphi. I am in favor of the bot experiment in general BUT they should be taken offline unless there are being tweaks and updates done each round. They are still not "ready" and their presence is more harmful to gameplay than helpful as they currently exist. As is, I'd go so far as to say they actually ruin the game experience. If they were being actively worked on and changed round-to-round as part of the effort to make bots that fight back, I'd understand it, but currently we just have a server full of landfarms and the game is a joke.
Originally posted by Mr. Titanium:
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

blid

EE Patron

Jan 24th 2015, 18:06:52

btw Celphi you should have put this in B&S forum so it would be read by qzjul
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

tellarion Game profile

Jan 24th 2015, 18:08:47

There are tweaks and updates made fairly constantly. It may be harder to track those things on Express(or he may not have implemented the changes here or something like that), but the bot behavior has changed a lot over the course of the past 2 months on alliance.

Celphi, if you see an exploit, you should report it. Message me or another mod. Message qz. Post it on bugs+sugs, or the ai development forum. Qz tends to check those two places, but he rarely checks this board. But simply saying there's an exploit and not telling anyone is not helping anyone.

And a general word to everyone: If you find an exploit and you take advantage of it and never tell anyone, that is a violation of the rules and will get your deleted. Just a fair warning.

blid

EE Patron

Jan 24th 2015, 18:12:26

Point taken that there may be updates we don't see. I think the bots have been the same the last 3-4 rounds but who knows. That said, see this:
http://earthempires.com/...become-34917?t=1422074856

with the bots as they are, this isn't even the same game anymore.

Xninja Game profile

Jan 24th 2015, 23:59:28

Extra land being out there does not destroy the game. I rather someone farm a bot into the dirt than take my hard earned land.

Also, the more land that is exploited off the bots the better hits real hitters can make on those who are said exploiting the bots...

If you see someone getting land fat off of easy bot land, send some jets and grow some balls.... don't complain.

The bots are really no different than if they were completely new people checking out the game.

That being said, I am all X and seem to be keeping up fairly decent, granted I never have taken a top 10 in express so take my opinion as is :/

Edited By: Xninja on Jan 25th 2015, 0:03:37
See Original Post
Overlord of Chaos
http://lords.ghqnet.com<--CLICK ME; JOIN CHAOS
Aim:baerninja
MSN/Email:

Furious999 Game profile

Jan 25th 2015, 0:25:30

It is bound to take a while to get rid of exploits. We need to be patient. There really isn't much point in the experiment unless it is tried for a reasonable length of time.

Plainly it has affected gameplay but I find that for my particular style I rarely grab from them. There is more land to grab that is for sure. I don't particularly like their dealings with the market but they do increase the money in circulation which may well be a good thing. So I will put up with the randomising effect on the market while we see if the increased money circulation is helpful.

For Celphi and others to find the expoits and report them is helpful. I hope that continues. And, who knows, some of the "exploits" may come to be accepted into orthodox play as land trading has become an accepted part of play on the Alliance server.

Zorp Game profile

Jan 25th 2015, 15:28:45

I agree with blid, the current situation is really a joke.

The bots need to fight back. If you want them to simulate people, then you need to realize that nobody would just take 50 LGs in a row and keep on exploring and building. fluff no, at some point you fight back, whether that's SS/PS or AB/GS/BR, or even just launching some missiles you've got laying around.

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 25th 2015, 16:26:29

[ Irrelevant ]

Edited By: Celphi on Feb 11th 2015, 15:08:05

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 25th 2015, 23:56:01

[ Irrelevant ]

Edited By: Celphi on Feb 11th 2015, 15:08:19

blid

EE Patron

Jan 26th 2015, 2:28:40

scores are all a joke now

blid

EE Patron

Jan 26th 2015, 2:29:04

my hard-earned scores that i spent years getting are meaningless because of the many public landfarms

all express statistics are now meaningless. fluff

blid

EE Patron

Jan 26th 2015, 2:30:11

congrats h2o on beating the legit record with tihs fake bs botworld cheap buildings hell. i could score 50m with tihs. i scored $44m with the old bulding prices and without bots. everything now is bullfluff and fluff it.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 26th 2015, 2:30:47

It's a new era, gotta win again, blid ;-)
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

blid

EE Patron

Jan 26th 2015, 2:31:31

It's a fluffing stupid era, with tons of landfarms that you just need to farm first. Who cares what scores people get now? Nothing against the people getting them, but the game is now a joke. h2o himself might agree with me, I know currydubs does.

currydubs Game profile

Jan 26th 2015, 3:18:24

Originally posted by KoHeartsGPA:

It's an era of no risk, no competition.

I'm out. Enjoy your broken game peeps.

h2orich Game profile

Jan 26th 2015, 3:19:02

Express has become to a "Lets see who can farm the bots better" You can just attack them only(its easy to identify one) and have no fear of getting retalled.

I vote for the removal of the bots. Even they are capable of retalling, they are still bots afterall and they work like a machine(do this this this, else do that) . Too easy to manipulate and guess their next move. We all know the bots play their turns every 100 mins. You'll see heavy sales from Bus/Res tech during this interval. Its ridiculous.

I just play this game during my free time during weekends, and play how I want to. Next set I'm just going to go for land and not care about my finish and see where I can get.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 26th 2015, 3:28:53

LOL you guys are so anal, quit being pessimists and have some fluffing fun will ya!!!!
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)

currydubs Game profile

Jan 26th 2015, 3:44:30

LOL you guys are so anal, quit being pessimists and have some fluffing fun will ya!!!!

What's fun about a single player game when the game was designed for multiplayer?

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 26th 2015, 3:49:21

It is multiplayer, just no coordination in solo servers, it's simple logic.
(•_•)

currydubs Game profile

Jan 26th 2015, 3:52:26

It is multiplayer, just no coordination in solo servers, it's simple logic.

*whooooooosh*

Use that "logic" of yours and try to think about what I'm saying.

bstrong86 Game profile

Jan 26th 2015, 12:30:57

But when the player base drops, what the next logical move?

Bots.

Yes tweaking needs done.

Yes, qz, has been rather slow.

No, qz hasnt had time. He has a personal life as well.
The Death Knights

XI

Furious999 Game profile

Jan 26th 2015, 14:40:18

It has not been said that the aim of bots is to ape human players' behaviour and such an aim would achieve nothing. The bots are intended to introduce more land which they have succesfully done. The fact that old scores are not comparable with current scores is not a reason for the game to ossify. It is not a museum for the preservation of ancient records, it is a place we all meet to play together.

It does seem a pity that spy missions are over rewarded in some cases so perhaps the bots should be in gdi. But, for the time being, the bot with a lot of cash or bushels must be found before lucrative spy missions can be launched so there are skills involved. I don't think I would call that one an exploit.

I am a bit surprised to learn that nothing has yet been done about the bots buying tech at very high prices because I played techer all last set and noticed very little or no sales taking place at 9k. Perhaps we have all been disciplined about that or else something that has been done to the bots' coding has had the knock on effect of cutting down their enthusiasm for high priced tech.

As for the speed of change we pay nothing to play here, when and if the owners get around to making further changes is up to them. So far I am rather impressed with the pace at which bots have been introduced and, to some extent, modified. It is my impression that qz has rather enjoyed what he has been doing. I hope that is so.

tellarion Game profile

Jan 26th 2015, 16:55:26

Originally posted by Celphi:
Originally posted by tellarion:
There are tweaks and updates made fairly constantly. It may be harder to track those things on Express(or he may not have implemented the changes here or something like that), but the bot behavior has changed a lot over the course of the past 2 months on alliance.

Celphi, if you see an exploit, you should report it. Message me or another mod. Message qz. Post it on bugs+sugs, or the ai development forum. Qz tends to check those two places, but he rarely checks this board. But simply saying there's an exploit and not telling anyone is not helping anyone.

And a general word to everyone: If you find an exploit and you take advantage of it and never tell anyone, that is a violation of the rules and will get your deleted. Just a fair warning.

Action:
I reported the market bug (refer to BOT EXPLOIT thread). I even pinpointed exactly where in the code AND how to fix it. It would take literally 1 second to change 1 number from 9999 to 4999. Other exploits: raid food stores (basically gives 140k food per spy turn which basically give 5.5 mil extra per turn is a HUGE advantage over a techer)(non-gdi players can espionage bots who have nearly 1 mil in tech with 0 spy protection) (bots still carrying around 1.5 bill cash for bomb banks)

Result:
No fix. More people exploiting it.
Your solution is to follow the same procedure and expect a different result? Not logical.

I don't understand why the direction of this game is focused so much on trying to anticipate what new players would like, or create (easy environments) for new players to play in. Why not listen to your current player base and build off that?

and
Why are all the mods signatures.... "If you blah blah blah,,... that's deletion."? /sarcasm

Yes, we all agree it would be nice if qz could implement these changes immediately. Unfortunately, he can't, and it's always been like that.

And Celphi, the reason I wrote that warning about deletion is because you literally said at the start of the thread that you're debating whether to even mention the exploit that you've found or not. If you choose to exploit it and hold the information to yourself, that's called violating the rules. I'm giving you fair and straightforward warning, while also agreeing with your gripes.

Sidenote(and something you probably don't want to hear): Express makes a better test bed than the other servers. You can go through more game rounds with a full set experience on this server than you can on the others. Yeah, I realize that's kinda lame, but it would be nice to think of the bigger picture. Keeping spamming qz with messages when you find bugs/exploits and he will get around to them when he can. The hardest part is just making sure he notices something out of place. He's usually fairly good about fixing it if it's a big problem, as long as he actually knows about it.

So again, making a post here to complain is definitely not going to get his attention. Posting on bugs+sugs and messaging him will work better.

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 26th 2015, 17:54:07

[ Irrelevant ]

Edited By: Celphi on Feb 11th 2015, 15:08:44

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 26th 2015, 18:16:18

[ Irrelevant ]

Edited By: Celphi on Feb 11th 2015, 15:09:23

crest23 Game profile

Jan 26th 2015, 20:21:41

Originally posted by currydubs:

It's an era of no risk, no competition.

I'm out. Enjoy your broken game peeps.

Finally wising up. I tell you all what, Rob was the smartest of us all. He knew to get out well ahead of the curve. Soon, the bots will be playing each other with no real people left in the game. That's one experiment I would be interested in observing though. Real AI.
The Nigerian Nightmare.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 26th 2015, 20:38:28

LOL
(•_•)

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 26th 2015, 22:57:07

[ Irrelevant ]

Edited By: Celphi on Feb 11th 2015, 15:09:44

tellarion Game profile

Jan 27th 2015, 2:45:01

QZJUL knows about it. It's in my BOT EXPLOIT thread and he's commented on it.

Also, I don't need reminders on which actions are deletable or not. Every rule is outlined in the rules section.

I wish that were true. There are several rules which are only on the forums, unfortunately.

The reason I'm reminding you repeatedly is that this type of situation has happened many times in the past; some player finds a bug and exploits it without reporting it. That's pretty terrible from both a mod standpoint and a player standpoint. So I don't really care if you 'need' the reminder or not, I'm going to give one all the same.

Edited By: tellarion on Jan 27th 2015, 2:47:49
See Original Post

Syko_Killa Game profile

Jan 27th 2015, 3:10:44

Leave the bots on, however it would be nice if they were programmed to retaliate according to our earth policies. 1:1 and than escelating. You know 2:1 Retal on retal sort of stuff. At least in this way, there would be an expectation to be hit and might even deter players from overfarming. I understand that all these things are easier said than done. I also get it that it takes alot of work and free time to code these things in. Since this is a free game, people get kinda thankless about the constant demands.
Do as I say, not as I do.

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 27th 2015, 4:08:10

[ Irrelevant ]

Edited By: Celphi on Feb 11th 2015, 15:10:10

tellarion Game profile

Jan 27th 2015, 15:02:44

Get over yourself dude. I realize you're upset, and for good reason.

I make this comment in light of yet of another major BOT exploit. I'm debating of even mentioning on forums of what it is.

THIS STATEMENT IS WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT. Choosing not to even report the bugs is just as bad as the bugs themselves. I'm not 'pointing the sword' at anybody. I'm simply providing a fair warning based on your initial statement.

Nobody wants this fluff changed more than me, if only so people would stop demanding everything under the sun and then fluffing when it's not exactly what they want. Please remember that I'm a player too.

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 27th 2015, 15:36:29

[ Irrelevant ]

Edited By: Celphi on Feb 11th 2015, 15:09:02

Untagged Hunter

Jan 27th 2015, 17:03:07

I love these bots, leave THEM ALONE!!!

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jan 27th 2015, 22:35:19

Hm, I think I've been moving relatively fast compared to some updates I've done ;)

I hear you that you want updates sooner rather than later; life's been a bit crazy recently though, so i've not quite gotten around to it...

But yes, there's a few easy fixes i might be able to get to sometime in the next while;

I'd prefer to keep them online to be a little more consistent in the experience and to gather more data
Finally did the signature thing.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 27th 2015, 22:57:42

qz, assign me one of the bot country so I can discipline the abusers!!!
(•_•)

braden Game profile

Jan 27th 2015, 23:20:40

half of this server is meandering your way through gaining land. if, after the second grab gdi is broken, the bots don't suicide then it's an unrealistic way of playing this server.

either they ab gs or missile after the second attack or they are taken away. you hand the win to somebody who doesn't need to pilot themselves through, quite literally, the style of play of the server.

remove them or have them suicide or gift us all free acres. i'd go with one or two, as three seems unruly

Home Turf Game profile

Jan 28th 2015, 0:28:21

Whatever you do don't kill the damn things. People start calling you a bot killer.

Ask Ford, he will let you knows all about it.
HT

mrford Game profile

Jan 28th 2015, 1:00:10

lol stop being a butthurt fluff for once and justify the killing the bots with a rational explanation. otherwise keep my nick out of your mouth and ill keep my fluff out of yours. pathetic

still waiting on you to man the fluff up and accept the challenge i laid down for you. i know that is a fools errand though, as you are in fact nothing more than a coward with a large mouth.

Edited By: mrford on Jan 28th 2015, 1:32:52
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

Home Turf Game profile

Jan 28th 2015, 1:43:32

Actually I already have, and since I don't typically have a verbal discussion with folks that have mental deficiencies. So Im afraid I wont b able to attempt to make you see the light. Its ok, just take a deep breath and spit out that little hair, you didnt get rinsed out, and youll b fine
HT

mrford Game profile

Jan 28th 2015, 1:56:01

was that english? if you want to insult someone's intelligence do it in a way that is passable as language.

put up and accept the challenge, or shut up and accept that you are in fact a fluff with a large mouth and a learning disability. even your own leaders have PMed me wishing they could get you to stfu. maybe you should start taking their advice. we all know you wont accept the challenge.

there is NO reason to kill bots, or brag about killing untags top down. you have done both, and now you have brought this debate onto another server's forum. get over yourself, you are as pathetic at this game as you are at the english language. one that is supposed to be your first.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

bstrong86 Game profile

Jan 28th 2015, 2:15:42

The bots arent meant to be killed be off. Shii happens tho. Its kind of hard for QZ make a rationalized picture of.how the bots affect a server if someone is killing them off to pad stats though, Especially a 60day server.
The Death Knights

XI

mrford Game profile

Jan 28th 2015, 2:22:32

that is the best part

Originally posted by Home Turf:
I take it you have never killed untags, actually some do fight back, unlike you whom needs overwhelming force just to speak on forums, let alone actually go fight something. And you are delusional, your talking about them getting upset about killing bots, when we are actually giving them data to work with. What part of that don't you understand.

ladies and gentlemen, HT. I challenged this flufftard to a 1v1 after this post, he has yet to pick up the gauntlet. wouldn't be fair anyways, he thinks killing untags from a 100+ country tag is a challenge and killing bots is helping QZ. the cherry on top? i have played in solo and spam tags on FFA for the last year or so. some overwhelming force i have had, lol!

the level of stupid is as impressive as it is baffling. oh, and he also made fun of me getting shot in a classless manner, yet still wont back his fluff up. anyone who has any respect for this pathetic excuse of a player needs to think about that.

Edited By: mrford on Jan 28th 2015, 2:28:29
Swagger of a Chupacabra

Home Turf Game profile

Jan 28th 2015, 2:44:14

blah blah blah

I know you threatened me PM with utter annihilation by yourself and your legions of admirers and friends in any server I happen to b in. I aint hard to find. I told you before you started spouting off about your so called "calling" me out, that I was participating in the royal rumble next set and that you were more than welcome to bring your skanky ass on out and play. Instead you start another of your infamous rant periods, where plain English and benevolence don't seem to b working to help you thru it. So how about you shut the fck up and I will see you ingame.

Oh yeah I did tease him about getting shot, by not adhering to don't get your ass shot by a newb guidelines, and Im the worst thing on the face of the planet.

Edited By: Home Turf on Jan 28th 2015, 2:46:15. Reason: I forgot to adresss everything
See Original Post
HT

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 28th 2015, 2:44:42

It's the helltard effect :-(
(•_•)

Home Turf Game profile

Jan 28th 2015, 2:47:28

KoH I love you too :-{
HT