Verified:

Penguine Game profile

Nov 25th 2014, 11:47:27

Originally posted by mrford:
I hate everyone equally

Some people want to be hated more than others, and I oblige them.

Originally posted by KoHeartsGPA:
Wow Obama, just WOW, he's an instigator of racism, #1 ignorant.

"Rule of Law"? "Nation of Law"? BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Originally posted by braden:
well, i blame the white people who bred their intelligence out of them. fluffing white people.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

how come white people don't riot when black folk, i don't know, lets call it militarize parts of la with their gangs and guns and lack of racial tolerance? why can blacks riot because of lawful decisions, and white people who disagree with their actions are in the wrong and deplorable?

threats of violence determine right or wrong? no, sorry, skin colour now determines right or wrong.. since i'm white, unless i am pro riot or anti white police, i'm a bad person?
well.. guys, opinion is well and good, unless you're white and your opinion is about people who aren't? this is racist..

You're obviously in the KKK.

[quote poster=iccyh; 34211; 619236]
There's a huge difference between, for example, thinking that individuals unfortunately enough to be in the path of the riot shouldn't have to pay the price for society's mistakes, and saying something like blacks are idiots because they don't trust the prosecutor and grand jury.

I can't help but picture a petulant child throwing a tantrum every time he doesn't get his way when they have "breaking news" in Ferguson. ***NEWSFLASH*** Everyone and their cousin knew this fluff was going to happen unless Officer Wilson was given the Death Sentence. Is it really breaking news if we knew it was going to happen?

Originally posted by major:
they will riot no matter what the grand jury decision ...

See? He knew it was going to happen.

Originally posted by iccyh:
Acknowledging that racism exists and is a social problem isn't racist, it's realist; you can't fix something you don't acknowledge as a problem. Saying that we're not allowed to acknowledge racism, on the other hand, perpetuates the (racist) status quo, much like "don't ask, don't tell" institutionalized homophobia in the military.

In lots of situations, people look at it through different lenses because they've had different experiences and view it in different contexts. You, for example, I'd guess (and this is just guessing, I'm not claiming to know) has not run into a situation where you, or your family, or your friends, etc have ever been treated particularly poorly or unfairly, and certainly haven't been treated that way in any kind of systematic manner.

On the other hand, for many people in Ferguson, they've been treated unfairly by the law or identify with others who have been: they don't trust that the authorities are fair, and given the history in the US (and elsewhere, it isn't like we should really be patting ourselves on the back up here) that's probably a fair thing to do. It isn't like the 60's were really that long ago, and it isn't like racism ended in the 60's anyway.

When people start rioting, getting the police onto the street to confront them doesn't strike me as particularly effective. I'm no expert in policing, but forcefully rounding up and engaging people risks further violence, where as containing the riot and dealing with the perpetrators at a later date is probably a better approach (see the Vancouver riots etc) in terms of public safety, police safety, and general effectiveness.

To varying degrees, we're all poorly taught and that extends to things far beyond racism. All you can do is try to do better than your parents and teachers, really :P

tl;dr