Verified:

Furious999 Game profile

Aug 27th 2014, 0:24:24

We hold these truths to be self evident

1. Bidets are embarrassing; the work of the devil; and should only be used by french persons and other dubious foreign personages.

2. Any Earther who sends his troops and tanks off on a PS is a nOOb and is hereby consigned to the ultimate darkness.

3. We have a very strong retal policy: if there is a retal around we want to be in control of it.

Now, everyone gets a vote. Anyone voting twice will be retalled L:80%L. Anyone voting three times gets a medal.

PAY ATTENTION, THIS IS TRICKY - Country A grabs country B (following it so far?)

Country B is a pissant freeloader who looks to his clan to maintain tag protection and can't be bothered to protect his land.

OK, country A (ranked 104) does good on his grab on country B (ranked 164) (told you he's a pissant, Ha) and gets 581 acres.

Now country B (still following I hope) has a PILE of cash (no defence = no expenses, aha this guy is no mug) and could buy jets and retal for himself

BUT NO

Country C (yes, it's getting confusing) retals. This guy is top ten with a bunch of acres. So he just gets 401 acres on the retal. Ah, disappointing.

But no! These guys have a POLICY. It says if they don't get back 80% of the land they can't be bothered to defend they hit again.

Now the VOTE.

1. Vote "yeah". Country A (try and remember who that is) ACCEPTS this POLICY bowing to the great minds that thought it up.

2. Vote "nay". Country A says fluff you and fluff your POLICY I HATE damn netting and no one would let me into their war (boo hoo) so I'm gonna have one of my own (hurrah!).

YOU decide. DEMOCRACY in action. Teller, me; casting vote; mine; bribes and freebies - mine too.

Unfortunately there is a bit of a kick in the tail. Country A (remember him) has a clan mate sitting at No.1. Maybe this clan mate doesn't want his set spoiled by a pissing up the wall contest? So should discretion and a bit of consideration for others come into this tale? NEVER I say. But YOU have a vote. What do YOU say.

(Vote quickly people, I'm saving turns and it's BORING.)

Edited By: Furious999 on Aug 27th 2014, 0:55:30
See Original Post

braden Game profile

Aug 27th 2014, 0:35:14

i just tried to piss up a wall, it proved to be less than successful. i can't imagine it being a very worthwhile competition, but that's just me ;p

and i vote yay. this is a server based around politics. it is essentially half of the game.

Furious999 Game profile

Aug 27th 2014, 0:38:03

OK, thats Nay 1 Yeah 0 (I think?).

braden Game profile

Aug 27th 2014, 0:41:10

nope i just spelled yay as i pronounce it.. i voted yeah, technically. sorry.

Cable Game profile

Aug 27th 2014, 0:45:41

Anyone in a tag can and will take a retal for their tag, and if you don't like the 80% L on L policy then you will have to defend your rights.

Furious999 Game profile

Aug 27th 2014, 0:45:43

Hmmmmmm!!

Well OK. But remember I AM THE TELLER. So all doubtful cases are NAY from now on. No second votes or its L:80%L.

Yeah: 1 Nay:0 .

Furious999 Game profile

Aug 27th 2014, 0:46:56

Cable's vote is a nay

Yeah: 1 Nay:1

braden Game profile

Aug 27th 2014, 0:47:22

but then i'll just vote a third and earn the medal :P

Furious999 Game profile

Aug 27th 2014, 0:51:43

Damn - I KNEW those rules would be exploited

Yeah:1 Nay:1 fluffing medal for fluffing braden

Jayr Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 27th 2014, 0:58:56

NAY +1
wasn't me...

Furious999 Game profile

Aug 27th 2014, 1:06:40

Good man Jayr!!

Wimpish Yeah:1 Stallwart Nay:2

Furious999 Game profile

Aug 27th 2014, 1:48:25

OK - its like 2:40am here and the wine is all but finished. So I'm minded to bring mattrs to an conclusion.

But maybe there is a voter who hasn't voted yet.

And things are fairly tight.

So I'm gonna take my turns in express and tourney, go to bed, and then count the votes again VERY CAREFULLY (no recounts here) in the morning and then we will know (what? Oh yes yeah or Nay :) )

Get that vote in FLOATING VOTER. It could be DECISIVE.

(Rather proud of the caps in all this. Didn't think I had it in me. :D)

elvesrus

Aug 27th 2014, 1:57:00

nay

BUT! had the country that had been grabbed done the retal and ended up with less than 80% he'd deserve another (with certain exceptions)
Originally posted by crest23:
Elves is a douche on every server.

tellarion Game profile

Aug 27th 2014, 1:58:47

I abstain!!

Goofy Game profile

Aug 27th 2014, 2:11:41

Alliances retal for their mates in this Alliance Server. If you feel they have wronged your alliance mate, you either accept it so that #1 doesn't get hurt or fight back, and watch #1 go byebye.

Oh, and how does One Man Army have two members?

Penguine Game profile

Aug 27th 2014, 2:20:00

It's a multi

yeah +1

the alternative is death...probably.

Ershow Game profile

Aug 27th 2014, 2:42:31

Originally posted by elvesrus:
nay

BUT! had the country that had been grabbed done the retal and ended up with less than 80% he'd deserve another (with certain exceptions)

+1

Cross country retals generally void any claim to L:L.

Edited By: Ershow on Aug 27th 2014, 3:00:31
See Original Post

flgatorboy89 Game profile

Aug 27th 2014, 3:04:53

Originally posted by Cable:
Anyone in a tag can and will take a retal for their tag, and if you don't like the 80% L on L policy then you will have to defend your rights.

Spot on.
Jon
ZT, SoL

<jon> off to bed fluffbeater :p
<mrford> i dont beat fluffs
<mrford> i eat them
<mrford> gosh
<jon> well, fluffeater
<Kat> oookay....

Ershow Game profile

Aug 27th 2014, 3:07:34

There are good peoples in Country A's alliance. I'm not sure Country A's alliance would support his claim to L:L in this instance. Talk with them, I'm sure they will sort it out.

melvin85 Game profile

Aug 27th 2014, 3:08:53

nay

Rook Game profile

Aug 27th 2014, 4:34:19

I read the first two points and lost interest at the third when you started talking about control.

But while your post was interesting I was in wholehearted agreement with you that bidets are very, very off.

When you use one, everyone can hear you scream.

Rook Game profile

Aug 27th 2014, 4:48:25

And despite my better judgment owing to the fact that you are clearly self-absorbed and have oodles of free time to argue and posture on AT that I do not, I went ahead and read your post only to ascertain that you are a moron.

If you'd stop drinking wine while playing your countries and go to sleep instead you'd find out tomorrow that you're getting way ahead of yourself. The retalling was done and over with after the one hit anyway, and were it not, despite your threats on AT, you'd have been grabbed again - regardless.

The fella who passed off the retal passed it off because he didn't want to be bothered taking a retal. Maybe he was busy that day, who knows. No reason to start calling him a pissant and generally being a self-righteous ass.

btw, your two man one man army is not the center of attention because one of you is in the top ten, or because you proclaim a retal policy. Give AT a break :)

ebola Game profile

Aug 27th 2014, 5:24:23

From everything I can see from alliance B/C s internal message board, the retal due on country A was marked as DONE after the one hit and was not up for 80% cc.
Since country A initiated and came out ahead, despite the uncertainty with untaggeds this rest, I expected this matter to be closed. Guess I was wrong.

Btw, as a peaceful netter, just because you have stock doesn't mean you should blow it all to retal a big break. Cross country retals are rather common in 1a.

So I guess I vote yeah, despite the fact that your basic voting premise was wrong, but something tells me you already made up your mind unfortunately.

Neil30 Game profile

Aug 27th 2014, 6:23:41

I didnt read this but the clear answer is to retal on the retal and then start a war

Furious999 Game profile

Aug 27th 2014, 7:00:42

OK. Voting closed. Now to do the count.

Elvesus nay; Goofy yeah; Ershow two yeahs (retal for him); melvin a stout nay (beer for him); Rook nay; ebola yeah; Neil firm and decisive nay.

Yeahs 5: nays 6.

A triumph for democracy and firm minded good sense.

So bidets are for washing feet and socks and everyone can have whatever retal policy they like in a best of all possible world. And, in view of alliance A's magnanimous decision to mark the retal as DONE, I can stop saving turns. :D

Edited By: Furious999 on Aug 27th 2014, 8:39:15
See Original Post

martian Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Aug 27th 2014, 12:10:21

pissant?
Are you an old earther under an alias per chance.. There are only a handful of people who played pre-2000 that used that term:P
you are all special in the eyes of fluff
(|(|
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )

RUN IT IS A KILLER BUNNY!!!

FUXX0R3D Game profile

Aug 27th 2014, 14:06:37

Yay I can continue my (previously solo) crap-stirring escapades atop 1a, for now :)

Nice work with the foreign affairs, Furious. My main man with the plan.

Furious999 Game profile

Aug 27th 2014, 15:28:56

I played Earth2025 for a couple of years around the turn of the millenium. Spikke is the only person I've met so far that remembers me. My handle was Furious (or maybe Marshal Furious I think), always played TTR, and I went in for looong posts. So some things don't change then. :)

iccyh Game profile

Aug 27th 2014, 15:40:28

Questioning an alliance's policies on AT is usually a good way to annoy them. When it comes to policies like this, the only thing that really matters in the end is the ability of the alliance in question to actually enforce them and their willingness to back up their policy with action in the event that someone disagrees.

Generally, questioning their policies on AT and turning things into a public show make alliances more willing to invest the turns necessary in enforcing their policies. Being publicly questioned tends to provoke a response.

I'm not an entirely uninvolved party here, and my view of things is somewhat coloured by that (not that it means anything since I hold no official position), but this comes off as pretty disrespectful. If you mean no offense, I'd recommend getting in contact with a FA person and explaining that.

VicRattlehead Game profile

Aug 27th 2014, 15:41:45

It's a two man tag. I don't think "hurt feelings" factor into their considerations lol

Furious999 Game profile

Aug 27th 2014, 15:52:20

That is good advice iccyh and I have spoken to one of your FA guys on IRC.

FUXX0R3D Game profile

Aug 27th 2014, 16:53:59

Ain't no disrespect! Peace and love friends :)

Furious999 Game profile

Aug 27th 2014, 17:12:57

Well, I did get a rather angry demo from those Be Kind To Bidets people.

And Clint Eastwood's attorneys wrote me a very cross letter about our retal policy breaching his copyright. But hey, we've got tanks, jets and turrets right. All they've got is a bunch of writs and some oversized handgun. So I figure that'll blow over. As long as we don't try to make his day.

Hawkster Game profile

Aug 27th 2014, 17:53:03

Originally posted by Cable:

Agreed, so because of this......

I vote Nay (option 2), go out and defend those rights.

Rook Game profile

Aug 27th 2014, 21:40:31

Consider that a standing nay.

The retaler was short on time for a second hit. You're lucky you got away with any land on this one. Keep that in mind.