Verified:

Bigwiggle Game profile

Aug 20th 2014, 6:29:21

Each year I have to forecast the NFL season results so that everyone can see how good the Bills are gonna be. It hasn't worked out yet but always finishing last in the division gives them a soft schedule:

NFC playoff seeds:
1) Saints
2) Seahawks
3) Packers
4) Eagles
5) Bears
6) Niners

AFC:
1) Broncos
2) Patriots
3) Colts
4) Bengals
5) Chiefs
6) Da Bills

SB Broncos over Packers
Wiggity

Pandora's Last Vikings | THE OMEGA

msn -

Viceroy Game profile

Aug 20th 2014, 6:32:30

Viceroy's Bold Prediction:

Jaguars are fighting for a playoff berth in December, but finish just short with only 7 wins.
And, Monsters, do not forget to specify, when time and place shall serve, that I am an ass.

locket Game profile

Aug 20th 2014, 6:40:28

NFC playoff seeds:
1) Packers
2) Saints
3) Seahawks
4) Eagles
5) Bears
6) Redskins
AFC:
1) Broncos
2) Patriots
3) Colts
4) Chargers
5) Steelers
6) Ravens

Packers over Patriots 31-30

locket Game profile

Aug 20th 2014, 6:40:56

Originally posted by Viceroy:
Viceroy's Bold Prediction:

Jaguars are fighting for a playoff berth in December, but finish just short with only 7 wins.

I predict they finish just short with 7 points is more likely ;) I predict 5 wins at best!

Bigwiggle Game profile

Aug 20th 2014, 7:08:08

I should add: fluff the seahawks
Wiggity

msn -

elvesrus

Aug 20th 2014, 7:14:10

Originally posted by Bigwiggle:
fluff the shehawks
Originally posted by crest23:
Elves is a douche on every server.

DarkReturns Game profile

Aug 20th 2014, 8:26:32

Originally posted by locket:

NFC playoff seeds:
1) Packers
2) Saints
3) Seahawks
4) Eagles
5) Bears
6) Redskins
AFC:
1) Broncos
2) Patriots
3) Colts
4) Chargers
5) Steelers
6) Ravens

Packers over Patriots 31-30

I agree with this completely, minus the SB score. Packers and Patriots will most likely have a field day on the field with no one to stop them. Packers over Patriots 56-52.

Riddler Game profile

Aug 20th 2014, 9:54:15

Patriots wont go past first round of the playoffs imo

Makolyte Game profile

Aug 20th 2014, 12:05:04

Lions.
--------------------------------------------
Alliance: VP of Death Knights
FFA: XI warrior
--------------------------------------------

BILL_DANGER Game profile

Aug 20th 2014, 13:55:29

SEAHAWKS REPEAT.
THAT IS ALL.

HA!
BILL

elvesrus

Aug 20th 2014, 14:24:28

if the shehawks repeat I'll send you a case of mr adams finest
Originally posted by crest23:
Elves is a douche on every server.

Syko_Killa Game profile

Aug 20th 2014, 14:41:51

The simulator that predicted this years superbowl is ridiculous, because each team changed players and coaches each year(for the most part) this year the superbowl champions will be none other than the Arizona Cardinals. It's gonna be a great season and the superbowl will be here at Cardinals stadium as well. Woot woot!!!!
Do as I say, not as I do.

bigdogcwg Game profile

Aug 20th 2014, 14:45:58

Steelers vs Cowboys

(I also believe in Santa Claus, the Tooth Fairy, Easter Bunny, the Great Pumpkin, and that Marshal isn't a virgin)

VicRattlehead Game profile

Aug 20th 2014, 15:08:41

GMen son!

That is all.

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Aug 20th 2014, 17:03:07

NFC playoff seeds:
1) Seahawks
2) Packers
3) Saints
4) Eagles
5) Niners
6) Cowboys

AFC:
1) Broncos
2) Patriots
3) Colts
4) Bengals
5) Chiefs
6) Chargers

NFC Championship: Seahawks over Packers in an epic game

AFC Championship: Patriots over Broncos, Welker drops a pass in the endzone with <1 min left that would have won it. ;-)

SB: Seahawks over Patriots :(

Edited By: Pang on Aug 20th 2014, 17:06:17
See Original Post
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff
pangaea [at] earthempires [dot] com

Boxcar - Earth Empires Clan & Alliance Hosting
http://www.boxcarhosting.com

mrford Game profile

Aug 20th 2014, 17:27:30

I revel in the fact there is no panthers love. Will make another underdog season that much more enjoyable
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

Arkuss Game profile

Aug 20th 2014, 17:48:30

Lions win SB. Rest is irrelevant

Bigwiggle Game profile

Aug 20th 2014, 19:30:53

Can you name 2 Panthers receivers ford? More importantly, can Cam name 2 of them? I don't see them coming out of the South. Maybe they can slip a wild card because all the other divisions in the NFC beat the crap out of each other.

What prompts everyone to have the Pats coming out of the AFC? Maybe a slight improvement on defense, another year with the receiving core. But the Broncos made more offseason improvements. New England is lucky that Peyton is heading to Foxboro yet again in the regular season or that 1 seed would be locked up by Denver
Wiggity

msn -

Aug 20th 2014, 19:31:46

Jerricho Cothcery
Jason Avant

TAN Game profile

Aug 20th 2014, 19:36:51

Seahawks #1, fluff yall.

THE 12TH MAN. NUF SED.
FREEEEEDOM!!!

Aug 20th 2014, 19:39:37

New England better pray that the slippage in Brady's game doesn't become more pronounced. He is coming off his worst passer rating season (injury year doesn't count) since '03, and his fewest TD passes since '06. It was also his second worst ever comp% season. He hasn't been able to throw a deep ball to anybody not named "Moss" for quite some time, and last year seemed to lose some zip on the shorter throws too. He also had a big dip in his Y/A, NY/A and ANY/A.

Also, if you guys aren't aware of "NFL QBs on Facebook," you should be.

http://profootballmock.com/...acebook-lets-talk-legacy/

BladeEWG Game profile

Aug 20th 2014, 19:57:39

I actually have to agree with this
SB Broncos over Packers

crysk Game profile

Aug 20th 2014, 20:39:00

Jags win 6 this year (team is shaping up!!!)

cowboys will fail in the last game to make it to the playoffs...romo will do something stupid

packers will cease to be a team

I win

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Aug 20th 2014, 21:03:28

@Vic -> Having watched every single pass thrown last year, I'd say the bigger problem was lack of receiving consistency. It's hard to lose Hernandez (forever), Welker (to another elite team in the same conference) and Gronk (DRINK SOME MILK YOU NEED MORE BONE STRENGTH!!!!) and not have your stats slip. Moss wasn't as huge of a loss because the team moved on to a new strategy; they didn't have a new strategy for losing the tight ends + slot receiver -- other than to patch holes. Ammendola and Brady didn't really click; hopefully they will this year.

Anyway, I'm not saying Brady's not going into decline but that his talent is still elite and with Bellichek + McDaniels that team is going to get the job done. Stats will probably slip but I think they will still win games when it counts.
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff
pangaea [at] earthempires [dot] com

Boxcar - Earth Empires Clan & Alliance Hosting
http://www.boxcarhosting.com

Aug 20th 2014, 21:09:36

Originally posted by Pang:
(DRINK SOME MILK YOU NEED MORE BONE STRENGTH!!!!)

ROFLMAO

mrford Game profile

Aug 21st 2014, 0:25:20

Can you name 2 Panthers receivers ford? More importantly, can Cam name 2 of them? I don't see them coming out of the South. Maybe they can slip a wild card because all the other divisions in the NFC beat the crap out of each other.

i dont see what naming 2 of the receivers has anything to do with anything? And your 2 points are rediculious. ofc i can name all the panthers WRs on the roster, as can cam. You are sleeping on Kelvin Benjamin as well. Cam always misses his passes high Now the panthers can run 2 WR and 2 TE sets where no reciver is under 6'3. the panthers receiver core last year was a joke. i firmly believe the core this year is better, not to mention we still have Olsen and another TE that is developing to be a threat.

you seem to forget that carolina is a running team. they havnt had a legit WR corps since mussin muhammed retired.

you also seem to forget that carolina is a defensive team. you dont need a top 10 offense when you have a top 5 defense.

but like i said. im not begging anyone to root for carolina. this team plays the underdog card well. they had to win 9 games in a row last year to get respect. i enjoy it.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

locket Game profile

Aug 21st 2014, 0:30:07

@vic the Patriots had one of the best offenses at the last bit of the year. They had a horrible start. They improved their D a lot and I expect them or the Broncos so I picked the Pats.

@Bigwiggle. I agree on the Panther stuff but Id say Pats and Broncos are close to eachother so I picked one. I could see it going either way but Id put my word down that it will be one of the two barring injuries.

Kalick Game profile

Aug 21st 2014, 1:58:51

2014 year of the Titans.

Vamps Game profile

Aug 21st 2014, 2:40:22

Name two Panthers WRs? Kelvin Benjamin looks quite good, and they still have Greg Olsen (I know he's a TE, but he is going to catch a lot of balls)

Jerricho Cotchery is also over there... I personally think he's more of a #3 than a #2, but he's still something.

Last year was their WR core any better? LaFell and Ginn?

I think the bigger concern with Carolina is their O-line. It looks like swiss cheese so far

Bigwiggle Game profile

Aug 21st 2014, 2:42:26

Originally posted by mrford:

i dont see what naming 2 of the receivers has anything to do with anything? And your 2 points are rediculious. ofc i can name all the panthers WRs on the roster, as can cam. You are sleeping on Kelvin Benjamin as well. Cam always misses his passes high Now the panthers can run 2 WR and 2 TE sets where no reciver is under 6'3. the panthers receiver core last year was a joke. i firmly believe the core this year is better, not to mention we still have Olsen and another TE that is developing to be a threat.

you seem to forget that carolina is a running team. they havnt had a legit WR corps since mussin muhammed retired.

you also seem to forget that carolina is a defensive team. you dont need a top 10 offense when you have a top 5 defense.

but like i said. im not begging anyone to root for carolina. this team plays the underdog card well. they had to win 9 games in a row last year to get respect. i enjoy it.

Your spelling of ridiculous is ridiculous. I was exaggerating obviously, but there's no way Cam will work as well with these receivers as he did with his 2013 core. Steve Smith was his go to. Benjamin hasn't shown me anything yet, and him and Cam haven't had any field time because of the foot injury. Next year, maybe. In the NFC you can't make the playoffs on defense alone. I'd put money on them not taking the division though. The saints have improved, Carolina hasn't. Hardy might miss a few games as well
Wiggity

msn -

mrford Game profile

Aug 21st 2014, 3:19:32

Hardy won't miss games till next season unless something drastically changes.

Cam's ankle is going to be better than ever, since this has been a nagging injury since Auburn.

The receiver group is better than last year and Kelvin has been showing off in training camp. Cam and Kelvin have been spending a lot of time off the field together and the panthers WR coaches have been training him as a #1 rolling coverages towards him in practice and showing him different looks. Cam hasn't really been limited in training camp, just OTAs way long ago.

The only group I think will be worse than last year is the o-line, but gettelman is a hog molly guy so I'm confident he isn't through making moves there.

The panthers are fighting the Marty hurney era reckless spending that has them in extreme cap trouble with large contracts comming up. The fact that he has kept the panthers competitive under these circumstances show how good of a manager he is.

I'm not saying the panthers are winning the super bowl this year, but if the extent of your knowlage is a 10 second blurb a day on sports center then I suspect you are in for a suprise come mid january. I know im a homer and a fan but im not stupid. They are not a worse team than they were last year.

Edited By: mrford on Aug 21st 2014, 3:33:11
See Original Post
Swagger of a Chupacabra

Bigwiggle Game profile

Aug 21st 2014, 3:41:15

I don't follow Carolina like you clearly, but it's gonna be tough to reach or improve last year's win total while losing Cam's receiver familiarity, and having him miss significant camp time. I don't think I'll be surprised in mid january. Nothin against the team obviously, I'd rather them take the division than a team that got a ring by trying to injure people. I was at the Bills game week 4 last year, before they made the run.. it didn't help my opinion of Cam's capabilities against a good pass rush
Wiggity

msn -

tate Game profile

Aug 21st 2014, 3:42:39

The oline looked pretty good against KC, and stewart looks healthy...I thi k they can win the super bowl, they have the talent

mrford Game profile

Aug 21st 2014, 3:54:48

They had a #2 rush and #6 pass defense, and a #11 rush offense last year. I understand you need to win to get credit, but damn lol.

The running joke among panthers fans is Stewart is training for the tour De france, not the super bowl because he has spent t so much time on the stationary bike the last couple years rehabbing. A lot of people think he has lost his drive but I never believed it hopefully he can stay healthy.

Edited By: mrford on Aug 21st 2014, 3:57:24
See Original Post
Swagger of a Chupacabra

Viceroy Game profile

Aug 21st 2014, 4:41:29

1) Broncos
2) Colts
3) Pats
4) Ravens
5) Chargers
6) Steelers

AFC Championship: Colts over Ravens

1) Saints
2) Seahawks
3) Eagles
4) Packers
5) Panthers
6) Cardinals

NFC Championship: Saints over the Seahawks

WHO DAT GONNA BEAT DEM SAINTS! (Answer: Not the Colts)
And, Monsters, do not forget to specify, when time and place shall serve, that I am an ass.

locket Game profile

Aug 21st 2014, 6:08:03

They had a #2 rush and #6 pass defense, and a #11 rush offense last year. I understand you need to win to get credit, but damn lol.

The running joke among panthers fans is Stewart is training for the tour De france, not the super bowl because he has spent t so much time on the stationary bike the last couple years rehabbing. A lot of people think he has lost his drive but I never believed it hopefully he can stay healthy.

I think their offense will be worse personally. Its easy to be impressive in the preseason. Those guys arent going to blow anyones minds in the regular one. The OLine is worse and the secondary isnt improved. The D will probably be good but D is much more up and down between years than offense so it could go downhill too.

Aug 21st 2014, 16:14:49

The D will probably be good but D is much more up and down between years than offense so it could go downhill too.

lolwut? The Steelers and Ravens would like to have a word with you. For a 13 year stretch the Steelers were t10 in total and scoring D every year, and were t2 in at least one of those categories more often than they weren't.

Trife Game profile

Aug 21st 2014, 16:17:59

you guys sure are talking about the D alot

do you guys like the D?

Aug 21st 2014, 16:21:38

Hhahahahaha

I am laughing like a high person right now. I am not high. That was funny.

mrford Game profile

Aug 21st 2014, 16:48:07

I think their offense will be worse personally. Its easy to be impressive in the preseason. Those guys arent going to blow anyones minds in the regular one. The OLine is worse and the secondary isnt improved. The D will probably be good but D is much more up and down between years than offense so it could go downhill too.

my 3 year old could of made this statement and she knows nothing about football other than the Panthers rule. generalize much?
Swagger of a Chupacabra

locket Game profile

Aug 22nd 2014, 1:37:11

Originally posted by VicRattlehead:
The D will probably be good but D is much more up and down between years than offense so it could go downhill too.

lolwut? The Steelers and Ravens would like to have a word with you. For a 13 year stretch the Steelers were t10 in total and scoring D every year, and were t2 in at least one of those categories more often than they weren't.

It is quite simply a fact that defense is less consistent than offense. Just because two teams were near the top repeatedly does not mean that it is a league wide thing. There have been studies done on offense and defense ranks and the offense ones varied a lot less over time than defense. I dont know how else to say I'm sorry you are using 2 examples to argue a point? :P

mrford Game profile

Aug 22nd 2014, 2:00:52

So you think a defense lead by the defensive MVP and hasnt lost a single member of its front 7, is going to regress?

Seriously?
Swagger of a Chupacabra

Aug 22nd 2014, 2:15:34

Originally posted by VicRattlehead:

It is quite simply a fact that defense is less consistent than offense. Just because two teams were near the top repeatedly does not mean that it is a league wide thing. There have been studies done on offense and defense ranks and the offense ones varied a lot less over time than defense. I dont know how else to say I'm sorry you are using 2 examples to argue a point? :P

2/32 in as volatile a league as the NFL is year to year is quite a sample size. I could also point out recent vintage 49er and Seahawk teams, the Chicago fluffing Bears, the defensive dynasty of the 9ers in the 80s, the Bengals of the last few years, etc etc etc. You are just not right on this.

I haven't mentioned it before now, but I feel it's time to bring up that I write occasionally for The Cold Hard Football Facts, a statistical analysis NFL site run by Kerry Byrne, who has been in several NFL Films docs and is a frequent guest on NFL Network. I don't speak idly about football, I actually have put 1000s of hours of research into it, including some proprietary research that nobody else has done RE: statistical analysis.

Aug 22nd 2014, 2:18:38

Also the early '00s NE dynasty, the Titans when they were good, the Cardinals the last several years, the Giants of the 80s and 90s...

Donny Game profile

Aug 22nd 2014, 6:22:30

JETS to the superbowl!
ICQ-105967052

Dear Asians who say they're not ninjas just because they're Asian,
That's exactly what a ninja would say.

locket Game profile

Aug 22nd 2014, 6:32:19

So you think a defense lead by the defensive MVP and hasnt lost a single member of its front 7, is going to regress?

Seriously?

If they get any worse then it is regressing. I simply said it is a possibility. They won those games with their defense. Not the offense. If they dont do as well then they'll win less games because their offense wont win those for them.

@Vic it is still a fact no matter what you do for a job so congrats I guess?

Aug 22nd 2014, 16:42:20

No it's not, the point of my post is that I have done the research and there is nothing to support your assertion.

locket Game profile

Aug 23rd 2014, 0:21:21

I have seen the research by multiple people and offense over time is more consistent. It was pretty damn clear :) Saying that doesn't mean defense is always less consistent or that it changes drastically year to year.

Aug 23rd 2014, 2:26:38

Hey man, I read football outsiders too. I was "Internet friends" with kacsmar for a while there. Thing is, dvoa is just as flawed as any other stat and does not "prove" consistency. Take this simpler analysis:

http://www.bostonglobe.com/...V02OIAGv3IpNyM/story.html

Note that three of the teams fall under consistently good offense and four under Defense.

The biggest argument for offense being more consistent year to year is that the quarterback has more impact than any one defensive player, but if you look at things like sack rate (sacks are my particular area of research) teams that are good at getting sacks generally keep getting them. QB pressure has been new England's defensive hallmark in he belichick era, more than most realize, and it also leads to more turnovers. Look within the same division - the jets are good at defense every year.

AzNiZe Game profile

Aug 23rd 2014, 3:11:45

If any of you interested on sport betting, let me know. NFL, College football, etc. (USA only)