Verified:

TAN Game profile

Aug 19th 2014, 23:50:23

both.

but if i had to pick one, i'd make mandatory background/mental health tests/make would-be gunowners take tests on responsibility and how to safely store firearms away from children and others...stuff like that.

I think limiting WHO can get them is more important than limiting who can get WHAT, you understand?
FREEEEEDOM!!!

mrford Game profile

Aug 19th 2014, 23:51:41

i agree with the who part

you know Washington state tried to get a law passed requiring yearly inspection of registered firearms? as in they can enter your house and check to make sure or proper storage every year do you understand why a leap like that makes gun owners nervous? How expensive do you think that program would be? What would it really accomplish?
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

TAN Game profile

Aug 19th 2014, 23:52:40

no, why?
FREEEEEDOM!!!

VicRattlehead Game profile

Aug 19th 2014, 23:52:41

TAN, I just want to tel you I looked deeper into the 12 witness thing... The person who reported it has recanted her claims. You were right about that part.

TAN Game profile

Aug 19th 2014, 23:54:13

That's cool Vic. I'm glad you looked into it. Now that's not to say that particular "story" isn't what happened. All that means is we're still waiting for more information.
FREEEEEDOM!!!

Aug 19th 2014, 23:54:47

Ok, is that a real no or a "keep my position consistent" no?

TAN Game profile

Aug 19th 2014, 23:56:44

I think mrford might have edited that post. i thought the last sentence said "blah blah WA state blah blah. do you know why it this would make gun-owners nervous" and I responded to that, because i don't know the answer to the question.
FREEEEEDOM!!!

Aug 20th 2014, 0:00:00

Originally posted by TAN:
That's cool Vic. I'm glad you looked into it. Now that's not to say that particular "story" isn't what happened. All that means is we're still waiting for more information.

See, I actually do admit when I am wrong! Who knew? :P

mrford Game profile

Aug 20th 2014, 0:07:33

I think mrford might have edited that post. i thought the last sentence said "blah blah WA state blah blah. do you know why it this would make gun-owners nervous" and I responded to that, because i don't know the answer to the question.

it would make them nervous because an act like that basically means owning a gun forfeits your right to privacy. it is a hell of a jump from a registry to home inspections.

and what exactly would it accomplish? this law wouldnt effect non law abiding gun owners. i suppose it could help cut down on gun theft. badgering gun owners into submission is more like it.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

TAN Game profile

Aug 20th 2014, 0:10:01

But couldn't you just ask gun owners to take their weapons to a licensed business for inspection? Seems like a home inspection is a bit overkill.
FREEEEEDOM!!!

mrford Game profile

Aug 20th 2014, 0:10:40

the home inspection would be to check for proper storage
Swagger of a Chupacabra

Pain Game profile

Aug 20th 2014, 0:19:20

what do they consider proper storage?

keeping a home defense weapon locked in a safe is about the dumbest fluffing idea anyone could have.
Your mother is a nice woman

Makolyte Game profile

Aug 20th 2014, 0:30:24

haha this became a gun thread.
--------------------------------------------
Alliance: VP of Death Knights
FFA: XI warrior
--------------------------------------------

Aug 20th 2014, 0:34:34

For a citizen reaction to gun control overreach, see Connecticut. They are a powder keg right now. Cops are refusing to enforce the law because 100s of k are refusing to comply.

Pain Game profile

Aug 20th 2014, 0:51:02

Originally posted by VicRattlehead:
For a citizen reaction to gun control overreach, see Connecticut. They are a powder keg right now. Cops are refusing to enforce the law because 100s of k are refusing to comply.

i complied and they still havent sent me any paperwork back, so im probably a felon right now. its a sham they are just hoping they can start charging people with low level felonies due to non compliance so they can revoke everyones right to own a firearm.

mrford Game profile

Aug 20th 2014, 1:26:32

Originally posted by Pain:
what do they consider proper storage?

keeping a home defense weapon locked in a safe is about the dumbest fluffing idea anyone could have.

there are quick access safes, like the ones i have. it adds 2 seconds to me accessing my gun.\

but i am against home inspections ofc

Edited By: mrford on Aug 20th 2014, 1:28:32
See Original Post
Swagger of a Chupacabra

TAN Game profile

Aug 20th 2014, 1:44:06

I feel that home inspections are excessive and an invasion to privacy.
FREEEEEDOM!!!

Syko_Killa Game profile

Aug 20th 2014, 1:45:40

I've been saying martial law for a long time, but some people said I was just crazy! Well I don't think crazy is all that I am.
Do as I say, not as I do.

Aug 20th 2014, 1:54:51

i complied and they still havent sent me any paperwork back, so im probably a felon right now. its a sham they are just hoping they can start charging people with low level felonies due to non compliance so they can revoke everyones right to own a firearm.

Have you looked into Connecticut Carry? According to them, there are literally 7x as many gun owners ignoring the law as are complying.

http://articles.courant.com/...fles-gun-registration-law

I cannot get the "open letter" to the state legislature to load, but it is pretty freaking ballsy.

Pain Game profile

Aug 20th 2014, 2:31:51

Have you looked into Connecticut Carry? According to them, there are literally 7x as many gun owners ignoring the law as are complying.

http://articles.courant.com/...fles-gun-registration-law

I cannot get the "open letter" to the state legislature to load, but it is pretty freaking ballsy.

im not a member of CCDL but i know plenty of people who did not register, with far more guns then i own. its complete bullfluff, they swept it in quickly and gave a short window to do it while not having the means to even deal with the flood of registrations. luckily i have proof of purchasing my guns years before the bill was passed.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 20th 2014, 3:43:48

Originally posted by Makolyte:
haha this became a gun thread.

Yup!

Here have some popcorn and a beer!

*hands Mak the goodies*
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

Bombay Game profile

Aug 20th 2014, 20:17:16

Officer Wilson suffered a facial Fracture from Mr Brown while the struggle at his car took place.

http://www.foxnews.com/...ichael-brown-says-source/

Aug 20th 2014, 20:39:10

Tangentially related true story -

I was pitching a column to Cracked.com, and they rejected Fox news as a credible source, but were OK with CBS news. When I pointed out that of the two, only CBS had been guilty of fabricating documents to stir up animus against a sitting president, the editors didn't seem to get the point. After that convo I stopped even going to that site for a long time.

TAN Game profile

Aug 20th 2014, 20:40:00

Fox News citing an anonymous source? No thanks.

Once a credible news organization like Reuters or Associated Press verifies the story, then I'll believe it.
FREEEEEDOM!!!

Heston Game profile

Aug 20th 2014, 20:50:14

Justice has been served to mike brown already.
The treatment of his remains as a spectacle could be addressed but its not something to riot about nationally . Making it about race and not class is dividing the poorest in the country, making change for the poor impossible because of racial division. The unification of the poor in the united states is a threat to the elite and rich. Keep feeding the machine and these instances will continue to flourish in politics and our communities with no real progress or meaningful change.
❤️️Nothing but❤️️💯❤️️❤️️🌺🌸🌹❤️❤️💯

TAN Game profile

Aug 20th 2014, 20:51:39

btw you know that blog article you originally posted saying Wilson got an eye socket fracture and how it had an x-ray/CT of the fracture?

Yeah...that was a pic of someone else's fracture: http://littlegreenfootballs.com/...racture_of_the_Eye_Socket
FREEEEEDOM!!!

Bombay Game profile

Aug 20th 2014, 20:58:14

I didn't see any pictures. Just the report. I'll trust FoxNews on this one.

TAN Game profile

Aug 20th 2014, 21:03:31

I'll trust FoxNews on this one.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA

That is some funny fluff man.
FREEEEEDOM!!!

Trife Game profile

Aug 20th 2014, 21:09:14

Originally posted by Bombay:
I'll trust FoxNews on this one.

well, there is your problem...

Aug 20th 2014, 21:20:21

mrford Game profile

Aug 20th 2014, 23:23:48

Originally posted by mrford:
http://www.cnn.com/...olice-shooting/index.html

You think the cops should have shot his legs?

Ignorance and sensationalism could spiral this out of control. Hopefully not.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

archaic Game profile

Aug 20th 2014, 23:28:51

Nope, hit him both times it would seem.
Cheating Mod Hall of Shame: Dark Morbid, Turtle Crawler, Sov

Heston Game profile

Aug 21st 2014, 0:51:01

So these two guys were walking home from a strong arm robbery, all inconspicuous like, in the middle of the road....
Then...
http://youtu.be/pifQm3IZ1tc

Pontius Pirate

EE Patron

Aug 21st 2014, 8:07:59

funny how the narrative about this story has changed from "omg police shot a fleeing black guy" to "ok, he just robbed a store and ok, he was probably charging at the police officer but the police shouldn't shoot to kill in that situation"

probably because people don't want to admit that they started looting and rioting for the sake of a criminal who tried to attack a police officer
Originally posted by Cerberus:

This guy is destroying the U.S. Dollars position as the preferred exchange for international trade. The Chinese Ruan is going to replace it soon, then the U.S. will not have control of the IMF

Little Joker Game profile

Aug 21st 2014, 9:04:15

1000% correct mr ford

GodHead Dibs Game profile

Aug 21st 2014, 10:49:17

hmm... i must've phrased my request for a discussion about Ferguson incorrectly. could've sworn that i phrased it in the form of a question...
Dibs Ludicrous was here.

Atryn Game profile

Aug 21st 2014, 15:09:00

if you are a felon, you can not have a gun
if you get a DUI you lose your Concealed Carry for 3+ years in some states
if you have been declared mentally unstable by a medical profesional you can not have a gun for x years, if ever in some states.

LOL... that would require actually knowing about who owns guns and about gun transactions. Unfortunately, in most states, people can buy/sell guns without any government knowledge (and thus no opportunity to enforce the above).

You would need a gun owner registry and/or gun sales tracking, something most gun owners I have met object to.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_show_loophole

Really not just gun shows, but any private transaction, as described here:

"Opponents of gun control say there is no gun show loophole, only a long-standing tradition of free commerce between private parties that heretofore has not been restricted in the context of secondary, intrastate firearm sales."

"According to the Center for Gun Policy and Research, there is no such loophole in federal law, in the limited sense that the law does not exempt private-party sales at gun shows from regulation that is required elsewhere. They suggest that the fundamental flaw in the gun show loophole proposal is its failure to address the great majority of private-party sales, which occur at other locations and increasingly over the internet at sites where any non-prohibited person can list firearms for sale and buyers can search for private-party sellers."

Its all private-party sales, and increasingly those over the internet that are unmonitored, unregulated and thus the above suggestions are unenforceable.

Atryn Game profile

Aug 21st 2014, 15:11:50

Yes.

Atryn Game profile

Aug 21st 2014, 15:21:52

So let me get this straight:

And you've never walked in the middle of the road before when there aren't any cars around in the middle of the night?

This incident occurred at noon, middle of the day, not "no cars around in the middle of the night".

Heston Game profile

Aug 21st 2014, 16:31:54

Originally posted by Atryn:

Yes.

Roflmao!
Lol!

Really?

TAN Game profile

Aug 21st 2014, 16:49:28

Originally posted by Heston:

Yes.

Roflmao!
Lol!

Really?

It's crazy, I know, but some people have these things called "beliefs", and of those people, some of them even believe human life is worth a little more than others believe! INSANE!
FREEEEEDOM!!!

mrford Game profile

Aug 21st 2014, 16:50:07

if you are a felon, you can not have a gun
if you get a DUI you lose your Concealed Carry for 3+ years in some states
if you have been declared mentally unstable by a medical profesional you can not have a gun for x years, if ever in some states.

LOL... that would require actually knowing about who owns guns and about gun transactions. Unfortunately, in most states, people can buy/sell guns without any government knowledge (and thus no opportunity to enforce the above).

You would need a gun owner registry and/or gun sales tracking, something most gun owners I have met object to.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_show_loophole

Really not just gun shows, but any private transaction, as described here:

"Opponents of gun control say there is no gun show loophole, only a long-standing tradition of free commerce between private parties that heretofore has not been restricted in the context of secondary, intrastate firearm sales."

"According to the Center for Gun Policy and Research, there is no such loophole in federal law, in the limited sense that the law does not exempt private-party sales at gun shows from regulation that is required elsewhere. They suggest that the fundamental flaw in the gun show loophole proposal is its failure to address the great majority of private-party sales, which occur at other locations and increasingly over the internet at sites where any non-prohibited person can list firearms for sale and buyers can search for private-party sellers."

Its all private-party sales, and increasingly those over the internet that are unmonitored, unregulated and thus the above suggestions are unenforceable.

i am flattered that you wrote such a long post responding to my post, but you apparently didnt read my post because i said the exact same fluff with a twist about there being no national database. dont be a dumbass, dont be a dumbass, dont be a dumbass,

Yes.

fluff, you are a dumbass. i tried to help

Edited By: mrford on Aug 21st 2014, 16:53:22
Swagger of a Chupacabra

Heston Game profile

Aug 21st 2014, 17:08:26

Yes.

Roflmao!
Lol!

Really?

It's crazy, I know, but some people have these things called "beliefs", and of those people, some of them even believe human life is worth a little more than others believe! INSANE!

Nooooooo fluff aye?

People also believe really stupid fluff. You know like shooting people in the legs, the easter bunny caliphates, santa claus, and humanity.

mrford Game profile

Aug 21st 2014, 17:29:42

Yes.

Roflmao!
Lol!

Really?

it has nothing to do with beliefs. you can be as idealistic as you want until you get into the situation. you can train all you want, until you get into a situation. The first thing that goes out the window upon contact with the "enemy" is the plan.

Firearm training trains to shoot for center mass. you never shoot to maim because shooting for legs or arms, limbs that are moving independently of the center mass which is also moving, are a terrible target, and missing this moving target increases the chance for collateral damage and innocent bystanders getting hurt because some dumbass wanted to run at the cops with a knife.

shooting isnt your first option, but when the escalation of force has reached that point, you shoot to end the situation. this isnt the movies. you cant shoot someone in the foot and they give up. this person was telling the police to kill him and walking towards them with a knife. he clearly didnt value his own life, and was more than likely on some drug.

you keep harping on human life, but what about the lives of the officers? should they put their life in unnecessisairy danger because of some cracked out loser trying suicide by cop? oh, thats right. it is onlt the victims we care about in these situations.

Edited By: mrford on Aug 21st 2014, 17:40:18
See Original Post
Swagger of a Chupacabra

FUXX0R3D Game profile

Aug 21st 2014, 17:56:33

"it has nothing to do with beliefs. you can be as idealistic as you want until you get into the situation. you can train all you want, until you get into a situation. The first thing that goes out the window upon contact with the "enemy" is the plan."

So why train police officers at all? Just give anyone off the street a gun and a badge and you've got equally prepared law enforcement individuals.

Heston Game profile

Aug 21st 2014, 17:58:49

Or send atryn around shooting people in the legs!

Iron Mike Tyson

Aug 21st 2014, 18:00:11

Everyone has a plan until I punch them in the face.

TAN Game profile

Aug 21st 2014, 18:11:15

People also believe really stupid fluff. You know like...humanity.

Heston, do us all a favor, and don't procreate. Go lube up your gun barrel and masturbate with it wrapped in your confederate flag.
FREEEEEDOM!!!

Heston Game profile

Aug 21st 2014, 18:11:53

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Aug 21st 2014, 18:14:40

BUTTERS WHYD YOU SHOOT HIM IN THE fluff?

WHO DOES THAT

GOD