Verified:

Ryku Game profile

Jun 30th 2014, 0:39:40

I'm new to this game. I just wanted to get some tips (and the page said I could get points from here, too).

So, does anyone have some good strategies or such for a newbie?

Thanks!

Rocker Game profile

Jun 30th 2014, 0:48:26

Joining a faction would benefit you greatly. With no tag on your country it will be killed quickly.

Red X Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express & Team

Jun 30th 2014, 1:22:40

Stryke did you change your name again?
My attitude is that of a Hulk smash
Mixed with Tony Montana snortin' bags of his coke stash
http://nbkffa.ghqnet.com

Raging Budda Game profile

Jun 30th 2014, 2:42:35

The Wiki is a great place to start..lots of advice is stored on there for learning the basics of the game (how landgrabing works, specializing your economy, and so son)

Game has a steep learning curve to it, joing a clan is the best bet. At the very least, you can learn more nuanced (but someones equally important) aspects of the the game and the accepted ways of interacting with other countries (retals, spys ops, etc). Plus a few of those clans have posted strategies for nettting or warring that you can use, and the ablity to pick the brain of a few people that have played this game for a while.

Wish you all the best.
Your base is mine!

Billyjoe of UCF Game profile

Jun 30th 2014, 2:45:10

was going to say the forum is a great place to gain insight but you must have thick skin.. many people will say outlandish stuff cuz that's what people do!

Rosco Game profile

Jun 30th 2014, 4:45:13

Originally posted by Red X:

Same question I asked in PM.
FFA- Ares VP
Alliance- SOF
Team- MKR

Crippler ICD Game profile

Jun 30th 2014, 4:50:33

lol
Crippler
FoCuS
<--MSN
CripplerTD

[14:26] <enshula> i cant believe im going to say this
[14:26] <enshula> crippler is giving us correct netting advice

Stryke Game profile

Jun 30th 2014, 8:44:38

Originally posted by Red X:

No, that isn't me... the last time I changed my forums user-name was in January 2013 when I registered this account. Also, I am in ICD. I have to say... I'm flattered. I do like the similarity of this person's user-name to my middle name though. :)
SOTA (President/HFA) • Elders • Darkness
http://sota.ghqnet.com

a.k.a. NightShade
Originally posted by kemo:
this dudes either a great troll or a seriously stupid fluff. the kind that takes the pepsi challenge and chooses jiff

Silverhwk21 Game profile

Jun 30th 2014, 11:47:34

Jen Game profile

Jun 30th 2014, 16:25:31

Welcome to the game. :0

Marshal Game profile

Jun 30th 2014, 16:43:09

what she^ said.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

Dragon Game profile

Jun 30th 2014, 18:31:41

Welcome to the game. Join a clan. Preferrably one with at least 4 or 5 members so you get differing perspectives oin the game. Clans are really THE place to learn the basics of the game and get a chance to enjoy it right out of the gate.

You are certainly welcome to make a go of it solo, but I don't recommend doing it. Historically, very very few players have lasted long trying to make it on their own. While this server is pretty good about accepting new players and even "cutting them some slack", there's really no substitute for getting to know players on a daily basis and the only way happens is by joining a clan.

I would recommend that you join a "War Clan" first. Learn how to fight effectively when you must. Then, join a "Netting Clan" to see the wealth gaining aspect of the game. Then, if you want to go solo or start your own clan, you at least have a sound working knowledge of all aspects of the game, and more importantly, you KNOW a bunch of players. I can't tell you how important that part is.

Raging Budda Game profile

Jun 30th 2014, 18:49:38

That is half of the fun of the game, interaction with the personalities in the game.

If you follow Dragon's advice, I can give you a reccomendation or two for war clans.
Your base is mine!

Marshal Game profile

Jun 30th 2014, 19:20:42

there's no shortage of warring alliances in ffa, small shortage of netting tags is.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

Twain Game profile

Jul 2nd 2014, 2:29:52

Here's the few quick tips I'd suggest to anyone, some of them have already been said here:

1) Find some good mentors who can work with you one on one. The easiest way to do this is to join an alliance.
2) Specialize with your country. That means you'll want to focus on either making food, making tech, making military, or just cashing in on tax dollars, then sell whatever you make to get the other things.
3) Don't use any attacks other than Standard or Planned Strikes, and don't use any spy ops other than Spy and Military Spy. People tend to see the other spy ops and attacks as acts of war and they'll retaliate harshly.
4) Watch the forums and read the wiki. If you decide to go solo, you need to learn the politics of the game at least on a basic level. The game itself is just a bunch of game mechanics, but the players have established policies over the last 15+ years that flesh out the game quite a bit. If you don't learn these policies and understand how to interact with others, you'll become a punching bag.

That's a good start, but ultimately as Dragon said, join an alliance. It's the easiest way to learn to get veteran players helping you along with all of the above.