Verified:

Atryn Game profile

May 30th 2014, 2:11:05

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

May 30th 2014, 3:42:23

Yeah this is some bs. I mean they apparently allowed them to walk around school in those outfits and it was ok.... now the school wants to make it all pg and cover up students come yearbook time?

https://gyazo.com/...b3bb28dddf908cdbcfd162513

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

Heston Game profile

May 30th 2014, 3:58:29

Who really gives two fluffs about an edited yearbook in utah. Raise your hands so i can call you fluffing retarded. Now if its about mormon or country morals, shoot from the hip not troll with that LAME ASS fluff. Maybe your afraid of being an outspoken bigot , like myself?

❤️️Nothing but❤️️💯❤️️❤️️🌺🌸🌹❤️❤️💯

SakitSaPuwit Game profile

May 30th 2014, 4:46:04

/me raises his hand.
I grew up in Utah.
It is unlike any other place in the U.S.
I know a couple other of the players have Utah connections also.

Sorry you are so ignorant about this culture.
you out spoken bigot.
😜
but what do i know?
I only play this game for fun!

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

May 30th 2014, 5:05:53

I never understood the puritan prudishness....

/me is dutch =/
Finally did the signature thing.

mdevol Game profile

May 30th 2014, 5:41:17

I don't see the big deal in this?

In my high school they would have done this if they found too much skin. This seems like a non-story.
Surely what a man does when he is caught off his guard is the best evidence as to what sort of man he is. - C.S. Lewis

Heston Game profile

May 30th 2014, 6:35:32

Originally posted by SakitSaPuwit:
/me raises his hand.
I grew up in Utah.

you out spoken bigot.
😜

Explain why this article is culturally significant to utah and what the point is. Then i might commence with the usual insults. I see nothing nationally news worthy or AT news worthy.

mdevol Game profile

May 30th 2014, 6:40:22

Utah = Mormon state

Mormon = "sheltered"

they are not running around sleeping with whoever they want, they have very high moral standards and they are rather conservative (not politically speaking) thus, they are looked down upon because they possess a different cultural outlook on life than mainstream MTV/Jersey Shore America...
Surely what a man does when he is caught off his guard is the best evidence as to what sort of man he is. - C.S. Lewis

Heston Game profile

May 30th 2014, 6:49:40

Oh u mean anti gay marriage, holy roller stuff. Sooo the fluff what. Is the point to bash them? If so how does that excuse you from being a bigot also?

Atryn Game profile

May 30th 2014, 12:15:57

Originally posted by Heston:
/me raises his hand.
I grew up in Utah.

you out spoken bigot.
😜

Explain why this article is culturally significant to utah and what the point is. Then i might commence with the usual insults. I see nothing nationally news worthy or AT news worthy.

of course it isn't AT news worthy.... duh.... almost nothing posted here is.

As for nationally news worthy - Mormonism in general was cast into the national light in two ways recently. First, a Mormon ran for president (Mitt Romney). Second, the LDS Church has been running a very widespread national marketing campaign "I am a Mormon" (billboards, radio, TV, newspapers all directing you to mormon.org) which kinda invites national dialogue. This is the only state where Mormons dominate as the majority and control the government, so it is worth reflecting on how that plays out.

LittleItaly Game profile

Game Moderator
Alliance, FFA, & Cooperation

May 30th 2014, 12:34:56

I read the story on yahoo. The only thing that matters is that they did not photoshop every picture that had similar clothing on. So the only story here is that the school was not consistent.
LittleItaly
SOL Vet
-Discord: LittleItaly#2905
-IRC: irc.scourge.se #sol
-Apply today @ http://sol.ghqnet.com for Alliance

archaic Game profile

May 30th 2014, 13:02:04

Is this news? I think not.
Cheating Mod Hall of Shame: Dark Morbid, Turtle Crawler, Sov

Heston Game profile

May 30th 2014, 14:36:36

Originally posted by Atryn:
/me raises his hand.
I grew up in Utah.

you out spoken bigot.
😜

As for nationally news worthy - Mormonism in general was cast into the national light in two ways recently. First, a Mormon ran for president (Mitt Romney). Second, the LDS Church has been running a very widespread national marketing campaign "I am a Mormon" (billboards, radio, TV, newspapers all directing you to mormon.org) which kinda invites national dialogue. This is the only state where Mormons dominate as the majority and control the government, so it is worth reflecting on how that plays out.

Again, are you talking fluff about mormons to somewhow prove a political point? What exactly is your point sir? It clearly isnt to drum up a convo here.

UltraMarines Game profile

May 30th 2014, 14:56:25

bonus

Trife Game profile

May 30th 2014, 15:28:34

#firstworldwhitepeopleproblems

JIM_DANGER Game profile

May 30th 2014, 16:41:21

I'M NOT SURE THAT EVEN THE INFINITE MONKEYS COULD HAVE CONCOCTED THE BOOK OF MORMON. ANY RELIGION THAT IS OPPOSED TO GRATUITOUS CLEAVAGE IS NO RELIGION FOR ME.

YAR!
JIM_DANGER
FALLEN THEOLOGIAN, THE MIGHTY CLAN |DANGER|!

Atryn Game profile

May 31st 2014, 1:32:06

/me raises his hand.
I grew up in Utah.

you out spoken bigot.
😜

Again, are you talking fluff about mormons to somewhow prove a political point? What exactly is your point sir? It clearly isnt to drum up a convo here.

Heh... I don't think I've asserted a single point at all!

martian Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

May 31st 2014, 2:02:05

@qz: given where you live you can't really say too much about Utah. Research the Alberta Social Credit party some time:)
It's also kind of funny, given the large numbers of Ukrainians and other Eastern Europeans that settled in Alberta, I'm really surprised at all of the anti-alchohol legislation that existed there (until the 1980s) :P
As far as mormons go, the fact that a Mormon ran for president doesn't really invite scrutiny of the religion imo. I mean was Catholicism scrutinized when JFK ran? On the other hand, the fact that they are running a national advertising campaign certain does invite constructive dialogue. Having said that, I fail to see how it qualifies as news since dress codes in schools are not uncommon.

you are all special in the eyes of fluff
(|(|
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )

RUN IT IS A KILLER BUNNY!!!

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

May 31st 2014, 5:29:30

Heston,
I normally don't argue with you...but I am going to now......
Not everyone in Utah is Mormon. You are the first person in this thread to turn it towards "the mormons", I don't see anywhere in that news link where they talked about Mormons...you brought it up, so basically what I am getting to...is you turned this thread into the mormon discussion. I cannot tell if you have an issue against or for the mormons.....
either way ... what the fluff is the problem here that you feel you need to bring them into this??
A state necessarily equal a certain religion.

(Yes I was raised Mormon) I may no longer be a practicing mormon nor do I agree with everything there, but I will defend the hell out of them.

Edited By: galleri on May 31st 2014, 5:31:31

https://gyazo.com/...b3bb28dddf908cdbcfd162513

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

Heston Game profile

May 31st 2014, 7:00:25

Utah is predominantly mormon. I asked a question. I got this answer:

/me raises his hand.
I grew up in Utah.

you out spoken bigot.
😜

My assumption was only validated. Ahhh utah..... mainstream mormon politics, that donate against gay marriage ect.... posted by a outspoken liberal teaching bigot.

Atryn Game profile

Jun 1st 2014, 1:23:39

posted by a outspoken liberal teaching bigot.

Hey! I am offended by that! I am NOT a teacher. ;)

Trife Game profile

Jun 1st 2014, 21:40:01

srs question: galleri were you allowed to drink sodas growing up?

not srs comment: i think religion is a antiquated idea and will go the way of the dinosaur, but until it does i hold mormonism at the same level as scientology

srs statement: i guess i'm just not over the whole mountain meadows thing.

Atryn Game profile

Jun 1st 2014, 23:13:31

I'm think pretty much equally about every organized religion. I was raised atheist. During my rebellious teenage years (we all go through it) I spent the time exploring various religions (much to my parent's frustration or amusement). In the end, as many rebellious teens, I came around to the same conclusion as my parents - religion sucks and organized religions are just layering interpersonal and organizational politics on top of a bad foundation. ;)

That being said, most of my friends are religious and we all get along great. No "hating".

So, why did this story speak to me at all and why would I care? Well, for me it is a story about an institution (in this case government run) using its power to impose a set of moral values that people under its control disagree with. The story could have been better. For example, it could have delved deeper into how many people within the community agreed or disagreed. It could have spent more time on whether the parents of these kids supported the school's decision or not.

Whenever I see a story like this - big or small - I extrapolate it in my mind to the ways in which majority groups impose their morality on society through control or influence over institutions both public and private.

So no, this wasn't a particularly "big" story. Maybe it would have been more relevant to the AT community back when we were all in High School.

Heston Game profile

Jun 3rd 2014, 17:43:30

Originally posted by Trife:

not srs comment: i think religion is a antiquated idea and will go the way of the dinosaur, but until it does i hold mormonism at the same level as scientology

Mormons are not to drink caffeinated beverages. But they do anyway.
If mountain meadows was when a group of mormins slaughtered some non mormon pioneers over the age of 8....
Maybe the mormons were sick of being slaughtered across the whole midwest and east coast. They had to fight to exist, so they did. How about how it was legal to kill mormons in new york all the way up until the 1980 or 1990s. Its not as if they didnt have a trigger.. or self preservation in mind.

Trife Game profile

Jun 3rd 2014, 17:55:59

Originally posted by Trife:

Mormons are not to drink caffeinated beverages. But they do anyway.
If mountain meadows was when a group of mormins slaughtered some non mormon pioneers over the age of 8....
Maybe the mormons were sick of being slaughtered across the whole midwest and east coast. They had to fight to exist, so they did. How about how it was legal to kill mormons in new york all the way up until the 1980 or 1990s. Its not as if they didnt have a trigger.. or self preservation in mind.

lets not forget they dressed up as indians to shift blame away from them. but once someone saw one of the indians was a dressed up white man, they decided to kill everyone so the truth wouldn't be exposed

that's totes legit! they be way honorable~

'During the militia's first assault on the wagon train, the emigrants fought back and a five-day siege ensued. Eventually fear spread among the militia's leaders that some emigrants had caught sight of white men, and had likely discovered the identity of their attackers. As a result militia commander William H. Dame ordered his forces to kill the emigrants.'

not saying such terrible things are limited to one religion, christianity has it's dark days too. crusades, anyone?

moral of story: religion is dumb

Heston Game profile

Jun 3rd 2014, 19:25:31

Good moral. Its all bullfluff.
But what u didnt mention after the mormons settled salt lake city is that they got along well with the natives there. They had a common enemy trying to make them extinct. That just happen to be the us government, or your (our)ancestors. Their goal was to keep people out of the territory they claimed. Funny how propaganda at a time of war over 100 years ago still sticks today as justice and truth.

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 3rd 2014, 19:28:24

Hey Galleri, did you baptize dead people?

Heston Game profile

Jun 3rd 2014, 19:45:11

Get a shovel.

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 3rd 2014, 19:46:24

Mormons are weird. And they have white hair and pale skin...

Heston Game profile

Jun 3rd 2014, 20:03:26

They have horns too

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 3rd 2014, 20:21:39

They also have multiple wife's.

Stryke Game profile

Jun 4th 2014, 10:42:16

Not to chime in on the subject...

/me raises his hand.
I grew up in Utah. It is unlike any other place in the U.S., I know a couple other of the players have Utah connections also.

Sorry you are so ignorant about this culture. You out spoken bigot.

I spent some of my adolescence in Utah from 1992-1998, and have from 2009 been living in Utah. I am originally from Los Angeles, and have to agree with you there SakitSaPuwit. In being in agreement with that, I will refrain from any comments I have to make that may be construed as bashing.

Originally posted by mdevol:
Utah = Mormon state

Mormon = "sheltered"

They are not running around sleeping with whoever they want, they have very high moral standards and they are rather conservative (not politically speaking) thus, they are looked down upon because they possess a different cultural outlook on life than mainstream MTV/Jersey Shore America...

Actually, Utah is quite conservative politically speaking, as a vast majority of the state is Republican dominated, and has been since at least the 1940s. Sure, they may possess a different cultural outlook than the rest of the United States, but they have been known to rally behind some causes that would otherwise impinge on the rights of others.

In 2008, during the state elections in California, Proposition 8 was passed (before it was struck down by the federal court as unconstitutional two years later). LDS members contributed over $20 million, about 45% of out-of-state contributions to ProtectMarriage.com came from Utah, over three times more than any other state. And I am not bringing this up for my own benefit (being a Liberal, lesbian, and of mixed ethnic ancestry). There have been other causes they've championed which would have disenfranchised those of differing race, social class or gender in order to render them effectively persona non grata in Utah or other communities where they constituted a religious (or political) majority.

The LDS church in the past have championed against various rights movements from all the way back to Women's Suffrage to the Civil Rights movement in the 1960s, and ever so recently Gay Marriage. And usually every time national opinion outweighed theirs, their Prophet would have a revelation instructing him to renounce their views and accept a new perspective on the issue.

I hope my comments have been polite, and not considered as bashing the LDS church. I am of the opinion that people should have a right to their freedom of religion, and those abstaining to the precepts of any religious authority should be free in their right to refuse those attempting to push their religion onto others under the thinly veiled guise of moral salvation or the threat of eternal damnation. And if you haven't had a pair belonging to the God Squad at your door at least once in your life asking if they could share "Another Testament of Jesus Christ" with you... you won't get the reference. This also sums up the Jehovah's Witnesses in some fashion as well.
SOTA (President/HFA) • Elders • Darkness
http://sota.ghqnet.com

a.k.a. NightShade
Originally posted by kemo:
this dudes either a great troll or a seriously stupid fluff. the kind that takes the pepsi challenge and chooses jiff

Heston Game profile

Jun 4th 2014, 18:44:22

There you have it folks. A broken down hopeless lesbian liberal living in the midst of it. If anyone has a free pass on being called a bigot, its gonna be strike. Lets list some more institutions the gov has made change, or better yet, list some that they have not. We all know how the collective conscience of society is a solid way to measure what is right. Thats why the world is such a peaceful and happy place. Esp for jews, arabs, asians, Europeans, south americans ect.
Great thread on bigotry. Make another one.

Hobo Game profile

Jun 4th 2014, 18:53:44

Meanwhile, poor little Hassan and Samir are trying to fight the superior and overwhelming SAA oppression by enrolling in ISIS.

Edited By: Hobo on Jun 4th 2014, 18:57:12

SakitSaPuwit Game profile

Jun 5th 2014, 0:56:50

So many preconceived ideas about Utah. Some are accurate. Some are so far off it is scary.
For every temple square, there is a 2 bit street.

but what do i know?
I only play this game for fun!