Verified:

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

May 23rd 2014, 19:02:32

Originally posted by Serpentor:
Darrian, if you only get an OK workout from boxing... You must not be boxing. You're in a cardio kickboxing class or something like that aren't you?

It's probably just a Zumba class.

ericownsyou5 Game profile

May 23rd 2014, 22:24:21

Originally posted by ddog:
Originally posted by ericownsyou5:
I've worked out 5-6 days a week since high school. It's just an almost daily routine now.

I run a few miles, bike a few miles or row a couple thousand meters to start each day. In the past year, I've started isolating 1-2 muscles each day and abs twice a week. Great gains and improved physique.

I'm 27 & can say I'm honestly in the best shape of my life.

I lift 5 times a week, really need to do cardio for the simple fact that its good for you but I am already much lighter than I want to be so I don't wish to burn extra calories for no reason. Ive also been doing it since high school. What are your favorite work outs? Any tips that have helped you blast plateaus?

Hi Ddog,

My 3 favorite workouts are:
Dips, with 2 45's attached to the chain on my belt (sometimes increase weight and do less, sometimes decrease weight and do more)
Clean + Jerk.
Squats.

Do you lift legs? I never lifted legs growing up, but started about 2 years back and it has had a tremendous effect on my upper body/core. 4-5 months after beginning working my legs pretty hard, I was increasing my max in every upper body workout and looked better than ever.

I also take some supplements. Amino tabs, protein, a daily vitamin and I eat a lot of fish for Omega 3's.

*Edit: I should probably add, I'm not a bodybuilder or power lifter like Bstrong. Just active and like working out :)

Edited By: ericownsyou5 on May 23rd 2014, 22:29:33
See Original Post

ericownsyou5 Game profile

May 23rd 2014, 22:28:53

Originally posted by Red X:
ericownsyou5

When you run in the mornings, how much time do you give yourself, and how many miles do you go for.

Hi Red X,

I get up at 5:45, gym by 6, run/bike/row for about 30 minutes and then workout for an hour. Start work around 8.

If you're specifically asking about running: I usually don't surpass 3 miles running and complete this in under 30 minutes. I don't really enjoy running, but it's necessary to achieve my goals.

Detmer Game profile

May 23rd 2014, 22:47:13

Specs Det? How much do you lift?

The only spec I ever measure is a count of my abs - I currently have a 5 pack - the top four and one at the bottom. My love of fine food and alcohol is currently battling with my ego to determine if I want to go for a full six pack.

In terms of lifts, I want to preface this with I am still getting back in shape due to moving, settling in, and not starting up seriously working out again until recently.

My bench two rep max is 200 currently (bodyweight) and my I can do 10 reps of 250 on squat. My knees have been iffy for about as long as I have been playing this game so I have been debating if I really want to seriously increase squat weight. I always try to ensure good form so I don't hurt my knees but things can happen when you're trying to max. I think I could squat 300 now if I wanted to (I used to max at 350' so I think that is a fair guess).

In terms of other lifts I don't know what you're looking for and really don't have a good guess. Some of my muscle groups were much stronger when we used to chat (way back when) than they are now.

Detmer Game profile

May 23rd 2014, 22:48:14

Originally posted by qzjul:
I mainly do cycling; I'm at 335km in the last 4 weeks according to Strava; I'd like to get that moving average up to 400km or more now that the weather is better.... 100km/week isn't actually very much =/

I can confirm that qz claims to do this. Whenever I attempt to speak with him he tells me he is going cycling. Nice alibi.

Junky Game profile

May 23rd 2014, 23:13:27

I workout 5 of 7 days of the week, 3 of the 5 are for the major parts, 2 for Cardio.
I Maybe Crazy... But atleast I'm crazy.

HavocMD

May 23rd 2014, 23:48:05

I used to run 30-50mi a week, but now that I'm doing triathlons there's less running but lots more biking and swimming.

Once in a while I do weights and pay for not doing it more often.

ddog Game profile

May 24th 2014, 0:05:16

Bstrong86, I generally do 2 muscle groups a session, and normally all my work outs are rather high intensity, I tend to super set a lot. Ive been looking for something new simply because I generally cycle through the same basic routines Ive been doing since highschool, I really just started doing various grips and slow reps ect. and its been great. I should do a month or so of just intense body weight stuff.

ericownsyou5, I just started working legs to any real extent and have also seen real improvement in a lot of areas. I am really annoyed however because I cant squat worth anything, im not sure if my form just sucks but putting 45s on each side is pretty much as heavy as I get. The leg press machine how ever I can go five 45 plates each side and do sets of 10 so I know my legs aren't weak. I guess just time and patience will tell. As soon as I get a work out partner im sure they can help me in that area as well.

Det, TEACH ME TO SQUAT. hahaha, I have never been much into bar bench press to be honest, I prefer to use dumbbells instead, Ive maxed out at my gym since their dumbbells only go up to 100. I used to think my chest was probably the strongest thing on me and that when I lost my body fat it would look incredible, but its seriously lacking. Im not sure if this is because ive dislocated my shoulders so many times and some how when I do chest I overcompensate or something but its built a fire in me to focus on my chest and figure out how to sculpt it.

I have been thinking of doing a body building competition in the next two years to have a fitness goal. Guess we will see what happens.

mrcuban Game profile

May 24th 2014, 0:47:25

All this talk about squats leads me too... you see a chick with a fine ass and you gotta call "you know she SQUATS"... hahaha

braden Game profile

May 24th 2014, 0:59:46

Originally posted by Detmer:
I mainly do cycling; I'm at 335km in the last 4 weeks according to Strava; I'd like to get that moving average up to 400km or more now that the weather is better.... 100km/week isn't actually very much =/

I can confirm that qz claims to do this. Whenever I attempt to speak with him he tells me he is going cycling. Nice alibi.

funnily enough, anytime i try to speak with detmer he is busy trying to speak with qz who is going cycling. nice alibi!

iScode Game profile

May 24th 2014, 1:00:47

I use to train BJJ 3 times a week before I lost my last job and got all sad on it haha. Now I am trying to find the motivation to start back up since I am working again.

oh and martian

How do you know someone does cross fit?? Cause they dont stop fluffing talking about cross fit...
iScode
God of War

DEATH TO SOV!

Detmer Game profile

May 24th 2014, 1:21:14

Originally posted by braden:

funnily enough, anytime i try to speak with detmer he is busy trying to speak with qz who is going cycling. nice alibi!

IT IS HARD TO TALK TO QZ!!! IT USES MOST OF MY ENERGY!!!

Detmer Game profile

May 24th 2014, 1:26:57

Bstrong86, I generally do 2 muscle groups a session, and normally all my work outs are rather high intensity, I tend to super set a lot. Ive been looking for something new simply because I generally cycle through the same basic routines Ive been doing since highschool, I really just started doing various grips and slow reps ect. and its been great. I should do a month or so of just intense body weight stuff.

ericownsyou5, I just started working legs to any real extent and have also seen real improvement in a lot of areas. I am really annoyed however because I cant squat worth anything, im not sure if my form just sucks but putting 45s on each side is pretty much as heavy as I get. The leg press machine how ever I can go five 45 plates each side and do sets of 10 so I know my legs aren't weak. I guess just time and patience will tell. As soon as I get a work out partner im sure they can help me in that area as well.

Det, TEACH ME TO SQUAT. hahaha, I have never been much into bar bench press to be honest, I prefer to use dumbbells instead, Ive maxed out at my gym since their dumbbells only go up to 100. I used to think my chest was probably the strongest thing on me and that when I lost my body fat it would look incredible, but its seriously lacking. Im not sure if this is because ive dislocated my shoulders so many times and some how when I do chest I overcompensate or something but its built a fire in me to focus on my chest and figure out how to sculpt it.

I have been thinking of doing a body building competition in the next two years to have a fitness goal. Guess we will see what happens.

Yeah, while I can leg press insane numbers - the amount I can squat is moderated. I know this is due to 1) back/core strength limitations and 2) form.

Canada is a long way from Texas but I have some advice.

1) Look up. This won't help you lift more but should help protect your neck.
2) Thrust your hips. This will likely help you lift more since you are using a strong part of your body.
3) Good form means sitting back and not sticking your knees past your toes. Good balance can help. Make sure you use good form and help this develop your balance if you need it. Depending on mass distribution this may require you to lean forward more which will definitely require back/core strength.
4) Sometimes (not usually) when I squat my abs are the sorest part of my body the next day because I was really using them to stabilize.
5) If I feel my back is limiting me last time I squat I may do a back workout just because I know my back is limiting me, not my legs.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

May 24th 2014, 1:42:03

Originally posted by galleri:
Originally posted by KoHeartsGPA:
I do yoga

You fart during?

The answer depends on why you need to know?

That's all I needed to know, you have answered my question hehe

#FARTKNOCKER

:P
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

May 24th 2014, 4:51:08

I do yoga

You fart during?

#FARTKNOCKER

Ain't no shame in my game.
I just had to make sure you didn't have some sort of fart fetish before I answered.
Since you jumped the gun and answered for me, you answered my question. :p
#fartknockerfetishperv

https://gyazo.com/...b3bb28dddf908cdbcfd162513

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

Murf Game profile

May 24th 2014, 13:07:37

Lift 5 times a week , box 3 times a week, basically the gym is my second home

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

May 24th 2014, 16:04:25

I do yoga

You fart during?

#FARTKNOCKER

Ain't no shame in my game.
I just had to make sure you didn't have some sort of fart fetish before I answered.
Since you jumped the gun and answered for me, you answered my question. :p
#fartknockerfetishperv

Denied!, I'm not fart sniffing hippy.
#fartknockerfetishgalleriwishesihad

Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

martian Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

May 24th 2014, 16:17:32

having met qz irl I can confirm that he is a cycling fiend!:P

the type of exercise one does depends on your goals. Personally I have found that exercise has made almost zero difference with weight loss although all of the other benefits from exercise were fantastic. I read somewhere that unless you are going to do 4 hours+ of exercise a day, weight loss is 90% diet and if you have to lose more than 20-30 pounds it is harder than breaking a nicotine addiction.

In any case I cross train because it counteracts work stress much better than pretty much anything else. No desire to run marathons . I also do squats/benchpress/deadlifts a fair bit. I do clean n press but I have hit myself in the face with the bar one too many times to really like that exercise. Confirmed@what Detmer says. I often will drop the deadlift bar at the end of a set if I"m too tired rather than setting it down for fear of losing control and huring my back (I've seen it happen).
you are all special in the eyes of fluff
(|(|
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )

RUN IT IS A KILLER BUNNY!!!

farmer Game profile

May 25th 2014, 3:46:40

you must be kidding! no time to work out for me but i do walk some with my work plus pack and bend, climb ladders push mow use a string trimer and other non exertion type of work.

Junky Game profile

May 26th 2014, 20:14:10

Originally posted by farmer:
you must be kidding! no time to work out for me but i do walk some with my work plus pack and bend, climb ladders push mow use a string trimer and other non exertion type of work.

no time to workout? you only need maybe 1 hour, and that'll make a difference in your life...
I Maybe Crazy... But atleast I'm crazy.

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

May 27th 2014, 0:41:38

IT IS HARD TO TALK TO QZ!!! IT USES MOST OF MY ENERGY!!!

=(

I forgot to rejoin the #ai channel, but I'm there now =D
Finally did the signature thing.

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

May 27th 2014, 0:42:40

Originally posted by martian:
having met qz irl I can confirm that he is a cycling fiend!:P

Yea, if I'd known how warm it was going to be the last time we met I would have taken a change of clothes in a bag lol....

...was sweating probably half the time....

Chadius Game profile

May 27th 2014, 4:52:00

I just started 5-3-1 by Jim Wendler. I did 9 months of Starting Strength by Mark Rippetoe. Read his books. They are the holy bible of weight lifting.

30 minutes of LIIT cardio twice a week. I use my fitness pal to track my macros.
LAF

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

May 29th 2014, 5:20:24

405km in the last 28 days w00t

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

May 31st 2014, 4:52:29

I just signed up for the Tour de l'Alberta! :)

martian Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Jun 1st 2014, 1:18:37

hardcore:P
you are all special in the eyes of fluff
(|(|
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )

RUN IT IS A KILLER BUNNY!!!