Verified:

pyroprincessashley Game profile

Apr 28th 2014, 4:52:40

I may not be the best player on this server, but I do like to think I have been doing all right for myself. I got into a little bit of an issue with a couple of countries but I hope to get it settled before heavy damage is done. I do try my best and am very active in this game. If anyone would like to perhaps give me a chance for their clan, I would love to try out.

Ashley

Desperado Game profile

Apr 28th 2014, 4:55:45

We already have two attention whores who bleed every 4 weeks but if crippler or rats retires I'll let you know

Originally posted by Primeval:
pants antler

kemo Game profile

Apr 28th 2014, 4:59:54

what countries are yours? im curious what the issue was before i even say join pan
all praised to ra

NightShade

Apr 28th 2014, 7:56:14

I agree with kemo, and I'd pose a further question: beyond this issue needing to be quashed, can you follow some simple rules? :)
SOTA • GNV
SOTA President
http://sota.ghqnet.com

a.k.a. Stryke
Originally posted by Bsnake:
I was sitting there wondering how many I could kill with one set of chopsticks

RaTS FYA Game profile

Apr 28th 2014, 8:12:00

I love new players personally. New people aren't stuck in their ways playing the same fluff poor strats like old grumpy fluffs like desperado.
<~qzjul> it gives you a good introduction to orbital mechanics and a good appreciation for how central delta-V is and thrust to weight ratio
<RaTSFYA>The only thrust to weight ratio I'm worried about involves the women I pick up at bars

Warster Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Apr 28th 2014, 8:14:15

I think tko has reached it's limit of new members for the reset
FFA- TKO Leader
Alliance- Monsters

MSN
ICQ 28629332

Marshal Game profile

Apr 28th 2014, 8:23:15

saints need new members but can't accept them until wars are over.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

Colo Game profile

Apr 28th 2014, 8:39:48

CC will take all the tag jumpers they can get. You will at least learn restart strategies quickly!

Apr 28th 2014, 9:18:59

I have one country. Country #322. I joined late last round and this is the first official round I have joined for its entirety. I felt that as a new player with very little knowledge, one country was all I could handle right away. :)
The issue at hand was I was hit by someone pretty severely, so I smashed him back pretty heavily, then another declared war on me but he had very little to hit me with, so I took the initiative first to send a warning about warring with me for no reason. I sent a couple of messages to them, hopefully which will quell the tension.
Sorry it has taken so long to get back to you all. :)

Edited By: pyroprincessashley on Apr 28th 2014, 9:26:15

jcatron Game profile

Apr 28th 2014, 11:06:48

That country won't be around long...

aron82 Game profile

Apr 28th 2014, 11:19:56

LOL

jcatron Game profile

Apr 28th 2014, 11:43:43

4/28|4:41 am SS Elan (#322) () Makers Mark (#230) (HS) 199 A (144)
4/28|4:39 am SS Elan (#322) () Makers Mark (#230) (HS) 227 A (207)
4/28|4:37 am SS Elan (#322) () Makers Mark (#230) (HS) 233 A (212)
4/28|4:35 am SS Elan (#322) () Makers Mark (#230) (HS) 238 A (218)
4/27|4:22 pm SS Elan (#322) () Silver (#484) (HS) 120 A (5)
4/27|4:12 pm CM Elan (#322) () Silver (#484) (HS) 15790 C | 198 B
4/27|4:12 pm CM Elan (#322) () Silver (#484) (HS) 18149 C | 206 B
4/27|4:11 pm CM Elan (#322) () Silver (#484) (HS) 20861 C | 213 B
4/27|8:25 am PS Silver (#484) (HS) Elan (#322) () 865 A (372)

Apr 28th 2014, 14:09:50

Yeah, it seems when you attack just one person, they go on like 500 others and just destroy you. I worked hard to try and defend my country but there are too many ways to kill you in this game to the point there is not one bit of balance in this game. If you train troops, they just use something else. Train turrets, they just use something else. Have ample military, they just use spies to completely destroy you. Train spies, their military just wipes you out. There is absolutely no balance in this game for a defender. I tried to be friendly and it seems like you people just do not like new players coming to this game. I do not associate where I am not liked. So this game is not for me. Goodbye everyone.

Edited By: pyroprincessashley on Apr 28th 2014, 14:15:29

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 28th 2014, 15:02:13

You should have retalled properly, you would also be destroyed in solo servers for doing that.
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

Crippler ICD Game profile

Apr 28th 2014, 15:19:53

A new person doesn't know how to retal properly koh.. u noob!
Crippler
FoCuS
<--MSN
CripplerTD

[14:26] <enshula> i cant believe im going to say this
[14:26] <enshula> crippler is giving us correct netting advice

Crippler ICD Game profile

Apr 28th 2014, 15:20:13

Hs are meanies
Crippler
FoCuS
<--MSN
CripplerTD

[14:26] <enshula> i cant believe im going to say this
[14:26] <enshula> crippler is giving us correct netting advice

jcatron Game profile

Apr 28th 2014, 15:41:10

I do not mean to be mean pyroprincessashley and it is nothing personal...i just cannot have every untagged new person out there going crazy on us every time you are hit once.

I would be happy to help you learn the game more if you would be interested.

In general if someone hits you with a landgrab (SS or PS) it is more than ok to hit them back...but only with another landgrab (SS or PS). This is called retalling. It is not ok however to hit them back with a missile, harmful spy op, BR, GS, or multiple landgrabs. This is considered an act of war and your country will be killed for it. We hit you once...you responded with 8 hits some of which were missiles. If you would have hit us back once everything would be still perfect and we could hold hands and sing campfire sounds.

I hope you understand this and decide to stick around. There are a lot of great players around here that would be more than happy to help you out if you do decide to stick around.

RaTS FYA Game profile

Apr 28th 2014, 15:47:58

And you wonder why there is barely any influx of players to this game.
<~qzjul> it gives you a good introduction to orbital mechanics and a good appreciation for how central delta-V is and thrust to weight ratio
<RaTSFYA>The only thrust to weight ratio I'm worried about involves the women I pick up at bars

Apr 28th 2014, 16:10:40

What's the use of having a missile if you're going to use one and be attacked 250 times? What's the point of hitting back if all they're going to do is hit you again? I had to smash him to the point he would be too small to hit me again. The other guy declared war on me and that's why I smashed him a bunch of times for the war declaration, so those attacks were justified.
Not only this, but the missiles are so ridiculously vulnerable, it's not even funny. For the hundreds of turns it takes to build a single one, all it takes is 1 turn to have it destroyed, which, again, isn't fair. They should have a huge anti-sabotage bonus against Spies (15-20% defense bonus would suffice).

kemo Game profile

Apr 28th 2014, 16:11:09

eepandora.com

you can sign up if you want and well teach you. problem is im not honestly buyin your a noob. your more then welcome to prove me wrong
all praised to ra

Apr 28th 2014, 16:14:06

Originally posted by kemo:
eepandora.com

you can sign up if you want and well teach you. problem is im not honestly buyin your a noob. your more then welcome to prove me wrong

I honestly am. I played Kamikazegames' "DOMINION" [Created by Ross] for a long time and have been looking for other strategy games like it since Dominion shut down, and Earth Empires came up on the list. So I decided to give it a try. Although I liked it at first, the fact that there are clans out there with over 100 members and each one can have 16 countries means I could potentially have 1600 countries bearing down on my single country. There's just absolutely no way to survive in this game unless you are an immediate elite player. New players can't adapt to that kind of siege against you.

RaTS FYA Game profile

Apr 28th 2014, 16:19:51

there are no clans with anywhere near 100 members

jcatron Game profile

Apr 28th 2014, 16:24:22

Originally posted by pyroprincessashley:
What's the use of having a missile if you're going to use one and be attacked 250 times? What's the point of hitting back if all they're going to do is hit you again? I had to smash him to the point he would be too small to hit me again. The other guy declared war on me and that's why I smashed him a bunch of times for the war declaration, so those attacks were justified.
Not only this, but the missiles are so ridiculously vulnerable, it's not even funny. For the hundreds of turns it takes to build a single one, all it takes is 1 turn to have it destroyed, which, again, isn't fair. They should have a huge anti-sabotage bonus against Spies (15-20% defense bonus would suffice).

Lots of teaching points here...like get spal up so its harder to get missiles defused, what a war declaration actually is, how to make more than one missile every few hundred turns.

Take kemo up on the offer. Kemo knows the game...

Azz Kikr Game profile

Wiki Mod

Apr 28th 2014, 16:44:23

Originally posted by RaTS FYA:

there are in alliance. or sometimes are. near 100. over, maybe not :P

kemo Game profile

Apr 28th 2014, 17:14:11

trying to pay attention to anchorman 2 and think of something more to add to this. it has its moments so far but i do think first one was better.

im a mediocre netter but theres people in pan thatll make you good. waffle house good. damn its delicious
all praised to ra

Desperado Game profile

Apr 28th 2014, 19:07:22

the only thing worse than waffle house is ihop kemo :P

personally i'd rather have waffles from taco bell than waffle house, anyways since all these 'veterans' forgot to mention it

the point of missiles is only when you are planning to either kill a country outright or to severely weaken it, neither of which you should ever intend to do if you get land grabbed once. as for the whole clans having hundred of countries, and individuals having 16, you are aware you can have 16 as well right?

being new, its apparent you won't know all the aspects of etiquette in the game and what you can and can not do. For now, just restart your country, keep your head down and if you join a clan they'll teach you how to excel.

dont be afraid to ask for help though

pants antler

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 28th 2014, 19:32:34

This thread is gold lol
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)

Apr 28th 2014, 19:37:57

I'll take him up on the offer. I will ask to join in a couple of hours. I have to run some errands. I need a dress for a social gathering. I will see you all soon and post back when I return.

Desperado Game profile

Apr 28th 2014, 19:38:10

yeah well, giants wouldn't have been 2012 champs if atlanta didn't get screwed on a blown call :P

pants antler

Marshal Game profile

Apr 28th 2014, 19:39:07

Originally posted by Azz Kikr:

there are in alliance. or sometimes are. near 100. over, maybe not :P

sof and md were near or over when they traded hits some sets ago.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

Desperado Game profile

Apr 28th 2014, 19:40:32

I need a dress for a social gathering.

only one that'd really care about if you wear dresses or not would be stryke

the rest of us old timey vets really don't care if you got titties or not

pants antler

Dragon Game profile

Apr 28th 2014, 20:08:33

Some of the BEST members I ever "recruited" were people my tag was doing a kill run on. Some folks truly don't understand the game or community enough to respond properly. Others are just the usual POS's hiding behind a fake name.

Any leader or clan that's been around for more than about 60 days can differentiate.

Medusas Rage

Apr 29th 2014, 1:35:30

no need to be a douche on her posting about her dress and just a little word of advice Ashley never post your country number so publicly in a thread like this as there are douchebags out there that will attack you <3

RaTS FYA Game profile

Apr 29th 2014, 1:39:12

I actually feel like calling her out for being an attention whore wasn't justified until she mentioned the dress. "she" is obviously either an attention seeker or a guy pretending to be a girl.

Dragon Game profile

Apr 29th 2014, 1:43:05

More often than not, someone who comes on here with a "who wants to recruit me" post is not only someone trying to recycle a bad former existence, but also someone who can't and someone who is poison.

It's all about big red flags. Just cause you call yourself a chick doesn't mean you are one. Ask Stryke/Slash/Pickone about that.

And honestly, it might be a bad idea to call others a douchebag if there's any possibility you might be one yourself. That's why I don't personally call anyone a douchebag. I kinda like vinegar and water.

Apr 29th 2014, 2:40:53

I can provide proof if it'll set your mind at ease?
On another note, call me what you want. It doesn't matter any more. It's obvious I am intruding on your game. I think I am just going to move on and find another game. Thank you for your time and the couple of people who offered to help me.

Edited By: pyroprincessashley on Apr 29th 2014, 2:43:12

Desperado Game profile

Apr 29th 2014, 3:11:35

There's no intrusion at all, but there's also absolutely no need to advertise you are a girl. Most of the people playing on this server are in at least their late 20's. A teehee and my boobs are perky aren't going to get you much around here. No point in leaving because you got called out on it.

pants antler

Apr 29th 2014, 3:22:50

Icemanxicd Game profile

Apr 29th 2014, 3:25:29

Either go, or find a clan. If you really need the attention that bad find a friend in real life.
Iceman

Apr 29th 2014, 3:28:51

I was. I just had to silence the naysayers who have the "there are no girls on the internet" mentality. Sorry, Iceman.

RaTS FYA Game profile

Apr 29th 2014, 3:29:30

Xmach would still hit it!

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 29th 2014, 3:31:34

LOL
(•_•)

Icemanxicd Game profile

Apr 29th 2014, 3:33:10

You won't silence anyone.

Desperado Game profile

Apr 29th 2014, 4:06:33

I was. I just had to silence the naysayers who have the "there are no girls on the internet" mentality. Sorry, Iceman.

I never said there were no girls on the internet, all I said was showing your tits won't get you anywhere, xmach is long retired after all

pants antler

Dragon Game profile

Apr 29th 2014, 4:14:33

Xmach would hit his Mom. In fact, he prolly did. Maybe still does. I know - I - did. She swallows. What can I say?

Honey, in this game, you don't impress anyone leading with your "looks". Rather, you ask about what clans might suit your Philosophy best and someone knowledgable like Twain will come along and give you an excellent assessment of what caln might suit you best.

But then, you might already know this because you could potentially be a troll. I think you would be a SUPER fit in The Alamo though based on what I see. You need to get a contact for Mr. Mann. That would be a pretty good starting point for you.

Apr 29th 2014, 4:26:43

That wasn't the purpose, Dragon. People were saying I was just hiding behind a feminine user name for this game, so I just proved who I was, is all. I don't mind showing who I am, even if people don't care. The purpose of me showing who I am wasn't to get hormones flowing, it was just to put to bed any lingering doubts about me. At least now there's just nothing left to doubt except my playing ability, which I do admit myself, my play style is complete trash. I will, however, stay, and try to learn how to play better. I made 4,000,000 networth on my own. I consider that an achievement for my first time. But I only used my tactics I learned from Dominion to get that high. This game has a hundred different ways to kill my country. So, all I can do is try again. I'll create a country in the morning and then take the person up on his offer to learn how to play this game better.
Goodnight and see you all tomorrow. :)

Edited By: pyroprincessashley on Apr 29th 2014, 4:32:40

Lilmxcn Game profile

Apr 29th 2014, 4:45:42

It's really not bad once u get used to the game I'm fairly new here also... U just have to stick with it and ull learn... And there are actually quite a few females I've learned that play this game... It's fun once u learn and join a clan... Some of the ppl in ur clan can help u... Just keep ur head up gurlie... :)

Edited By: Lilmxcn on Apr 29th 2014, 4:50:43
See Original Post

Syko_Killa Game profile

Apr 29th 2014, 5:24:34

Xmach would still hit it!

Lmfao!
Do as I say, not as I do.

sirdog Game profile

Apr 30th 2014, 0:22:10

Rudeness male chauvinist remarks some of you need to put a lid on it. We need new people here and this is no way to treat the new people whether it be boy or girl, man or woman,

Dragon Game profile

Apr 30th 2014, 1:07:37

Well then, there New Member sirdog, get her signed up in your clan and we all win!