Originally posted by locket:
Lose

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 6th 2014, 13:33:04

100k acres?

metalheadspecv

Apr 6th 2014, 13:45:24

why gloat about it if you are being FAed into top spots? poor form..

Ikkaku Game profile

Apr 6th 2014, 13:48:50

why dont you reveal your name new member metalheadspecv? smh

metalheadspecv

Apr 6th 2014, 13:57:44

Originally posted by Ikkaku:
why dont you reveal your name new member metalheadspecv? smh

yours is Ikkaku right? Mine is metalheadspecv.. i thought that was obvious.

Edited By: metalheadspecv on Apr 6th 2014, 14:01:19
See Original Post

Kalick Game profile

Apr 6th 2014, 14:02:07

Does his name matter if it is true?

metalheadspecv

Apr 6th 2014, 14:02:58

Originally posted by Kalick:
Does his name matter if it is true?

Exactly. It doesn't matter. Don't change the subject.

ninong Game profile

Apr 6th 2014, 14:15:29

in that case, everyone in the top 10 or so is FAed as well :D
ninong, formerly Johnny Demonic
IX

Kris Kristofferson

Apr 6th 2014, 14:17:27

no not everyone

Apr 6th 2014, 14:49:45

Why hello there fellow new members!

SPARTACUS

Apr 6th 2014, 14:57:20

Bonus for the cheat

bstrong86 Game profile

Apr 6th 2014, 15:20:03

Originally posted by ninong:
in that case, everyone in the top 10 or so is FAed as well :D

Its clear which ones got FA
The Death Knights

XI

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 6th 2014, 17:11:32

FA is always going to be part of being in the top 10 because you can FA and we are all playing on different teams trying to get a let up on each other. That has never been an issue with me (albeit a lame tatic). What I dislike and think just completely undermines the game is landtrading.

The blatant back and forth trading that is completely 100% organized defeats the game. It turns this game into a lame circle jerk.

I only wish I could convince my LaF brothers to fight to rid this game of landtrading, not matter what tatics need to be involved (even if it involves us internal trading to show you how stupid it really is.)

**Qz I beg you to get rid of ghost acres to get rid of landtrading**

What is the difference between internal organized land trading and this:

Hit 1 @ 2014-04-02 11:55:47:
Red Storm --> JamesDeenCumsonPaolOsface = 16,694 acres gained (11,423 acres lost)

Hit 2 @ 2014-04-02 11:57:32:
JamesDeenCumsonPaolOsface --> Red Storm = 16,800 acres gained (12,256 acres lost)

Hit 3 @ 2014-04-02 11:57:43:
Red Storm --> JamesDeenCumsonPaolOsface = 16,911 acres gained (12,678 acres lost)

Hit 4 @ 2014-04-02 11:58:12:
JamesDeenCumsonPaolOsface --> Red Storm = 16,946 acres gained (12,806 acres lost)

Hit 5 @ 2014-04-02 11:58:29:
Red Storm --> JamesDeenCumsonPaolOsface = 17,077 acres gained (13,168 acres lost)

Hit 6 @ 2014-04-02 11:58:35:
JamesDeenCumsonPaolOsface --> Red Storm = 16,496 acres gained (13,297 acres lost)

Hit 7 @ 2014-04-02 11:58:50:
Red Storm --> JamesDeenCumsonPaolOsface = 16,602 acres gained (13,544 acres lost)

Hit 8 @ 2014-04-02 11:59:11:
JamesDeenCumsonPaolOsface --> Red Storm = 16,108 acres gained (13,663 acres lost)

Hit 9 @ 2014-04-02 11:59:20:
Red Storm --> JamesDeenCumsonPaolOsface = 16,198 acres gained (13,837 acres lost)

Time span:
About 5 minutes

Red Strom Gained: About 20,000 acres
JamesDeenCumsonPaolOsface Gained: About 17,000 acres

They were obviously on IRC or in some sort of communication to make all that happen in the span of around 5 minutes and gain around 20,000 acres each.

1. Tell me how the hell that isn't the same as internal trading
2. Tell me how the hell this is good for the game

I'm about done with this game after seeing disgusting game play like this. And I am aware even my alliance has engaged in it and it doesn't change my opinion: it is lame as fluff and needs to stop.

metalheadspecv

Apr 6th 2014, 17:46:57

Originally posted by Requiem:
FA is always going to be part of being in the top 10 because you can FA and we are all playing on different teams trying to get a let up on each other. That has never been an issue with me (albeit a lame tatic). What I dislike and think just completely undermines the game is landtrading.

The blatant back and forth trading that is completely 100% organized defeats the game. It turns this game into a lame circle jerk.

I only wish I could convince my LaF brothers to fight to rid this game of landtrading, not matter what tatics need to be involved (even if it involves us internal trading to show you how stupid it really is.)

**Qz I beg you to get rid of ghost acres to get rid of landtrading**

What is the difference between internal organized land trading and this:

Hit 1 @ 2014-04-02 11:55:47:
Red Storm --> JamesDeenCumsonPaolOsface = 16,694 acres gained (11,423 acres lost)

Hit 2 @ 2014-04-02 11:57:32:
JamesDeenCumsonPaolOsface --> Red Storm = 16,800 acres gained (12,256 acres lost)

Hit 3 @ 2014-04-02 11:57:43:
Red Storm --> JamesDeenCumsonPaolOsface = 16,911 acres gained (12,678 acres lost)

Hit 4 @ 2014-04-02 11:58:12:
JamesDeenCumsonPaolOsface --> Red Storm = 16,946 acres gained (12,806 acres lost)

Hit 5 @ 2014-04-02 11:58:29:
Red Storm --> JamesDeenCumsonPaolOsface = 17,077 acres gained (13,168 acres lost)

Hit 6 @ 2014-04-02 11:58:35:
JamesDeenCumsonPaolOsface --> Red Storm = 16,496 acres gained (13,297 acres lost)

Hit 7 @ 2014-04-02 11:58:50:
Red Storm --> JamesDeenCumsonPaolOsface = 16,602 acres gained (13,544 acres lost)

Hit 8 @ 2014-04-02 11:59:11:
JamesDeenCumsonPaolOsface --> Red Storm = 16,108 acres gained (13,663 acres lost)

Hit 9 @ 2014-04-02 11:59:20:
Red Storm --> JamesDeenCumsonPaolOsface = 16,198 acres gained (13,837 acres lost)

Time span:
About 5 minutes

Red Strom Gained: About 20,000 acres
JamesDeenCumsonPaolOsface Gained: About 17,000 acres

They were obviously on IRC or in some sort of communication to make all that happen in the span of around 5 minutes and gain around 20,000 acres each.

1. Tell me how the hell that isn't the same as internal trading
2. Tell me how the hell this is good for the game

I'm about done with this game after seeing disgusting game play like this. And I am aware even my alliance has engaged in it and it doesn't change my opinion: it is lame as fluff and needs to stop.

I'll agree trading that much in such a short time span is excessive and lame...

SAM_DANGER Game profile

Apr 6th 2014, 20:19:10

I'M WITH REQUIEM, ALMOST ENTIRELY!

IF SOMETHING IS WITHIN THE RULES OF THE GAME, AND HELPS YOUR CLAN TO ACHIEVE A DESIRED GOAL, THEN DO IT.

TPA HAS CERTAINLY DONE NOTHING WRONG IF THEY AIDED THEIR MEMBER INTO HIGH NET WORTH. IT IS A TEAM SERVER AFTER ALL.

NOR DID THEY OR EVO DO ANYTHING WRONG TRADING LAND BACK AND FORTH.

THE TACTIC OF LAND TRADING IS LAME, BUT YOU CANNOT BLAME THE PLAYERS FOR DOING IT. AS LONG AS SOMETHING AS RIDICULOUS AS "GHOST ACRES" EXISTS AND PROVIDES A POTENTIAL ADVANTAGE, THEN PLAYERS ARE SILLY TO NOT TAKE ADVANTAGE OF IT.

GHOST ACRES THOUGH, IN MY OPINION, ARE MERELY A SYMPTOM OF A MUCH MORE SERIOUS MALADY AFFLICTING THIS GAME. THE DESIRE TO PLEASE EVERYBODY... TO MAKE EVERYBODY HAPPY. TO GIVE "NETGAINERS" A WAY TO AVOID RISK, WHILE STILL ALLOWING THEM TO CHALLENGE OLD RECORDS. AND AS REQUIEM POINTS OUT, THIS CHEAPENS THE OVERALL GAME.

Osso Game profile

Apr 6th 2014, 20:21:31

You guys are silly, lol. In a set where landtrading was ubiquitous, where every single person in the top 10 got there by landtrading, are you seriously claiming that landtrading is FA? Perhaps I am not interpreting correctly?

I can definitely take credit (or blame if you prefer? lol) for these end of set trades. I thought it was an interesting and novel way of shortening the normally required destock time, and highlighted a so far largely unused method of getting that little extra bit out of a country. The funny thing is, when you account for the extra costs due to needing more military tech, these 5 trades are better than break even, but not much more. The extra acres give you a faster destock, and thus a bit of extra stocking time, but between the military costs, the loss of buildings, and the significantly larger amount of military tech required, it's a gain of maybe 5-7m nw compared to not doing it. Also, rather amusingly, I was so focused/distracted/tired while planning this and the rest of my destock that I made 2 huge blunders in consecutive logins, first by accidentally selling my entire stockpile at $39, and next by buying out my pm while still mon. If you really find these trades as so horrible, at least there is some schadenfreude for you to enjoy. :P

Myself, I would love to see enough countries and untags on the server that bottom feeding became seriously viable again (perhaps with the introduction of ai bots?), but I strongly disagree that landtrading is some sort of evil scourge that ruins the server. That particular honor falls to cheaters and power bloc politics in my view.

When landtrading, people interact with each other, people socialize, they meet members of other clans and, in my experience, they often make friends with them and develop mutual respect. In these ways, landtrading is -very good- for the game. It is fun, it is sociable, it's often good for developing relations with other clans...Nope, I don't buy your arguments that it is some sort of disgusting/lame way to play the game.

What would your ideal have? No ghost acres, just people bottom feeding targets or allxing to gain land? To reverse your question, how is bottom feeding good for the game?

Edited By: Osso on Apr 6th 2014, 20:23:41. Reason: grammar
See Original Post
Evo FA

SAM_DANGER Game profile

Apr 6th 2014, 20:30:54

Originally posted by Osso:

What would your ideal have? No ghost acres, just people bottom feeding targets or allxing to gain land? To reverse your question, how is bottom feeding good for the game?

FIRST QUESTION: YES

SECOND QUESTION: IT IS A COMPETITIVE ENDEAVOR.

WHAT I DISLIKE ABOUT THE EXTREME GHOST ACRES OF TODAY, IS THAT THEY TAKE THIS GAME FROM BEING A COMPETITIVE NUMBER-CRUNCHER'S GAME, TO JUST A NUMBER-CRUNCHER'S GAME. IT IS SILLY FOR AN ACT OF WAR TO BENEFIT BOTH PARTIES, AND IT MEANS THAT GAINING LAND IS NO LONGER RISKY FOR THOSE ENGAGING IN THIS BEHAVIOR.

YOU WERE PROBABLY TYPING AT THE SAME TIME AS ME AND PROBABLY NOT DIRECTING YOUR OTHER QUESTIONS TO ME, BUT JUST IN CASE.....

NO, I DO NOT THINK YOU DID ANYTHING WRONG. NOT IN THE LEAST. YOU DID SOMETHING WITHIN THE RULES OF THE GAME WHICH GAINED YOU AN ADVANTAGE (EVEN IF IT WAS A SMALL ADVANTAGE). THAT IS JUST SMART GAME PLAY.

WHAT IS WRONG, IS THAT THERE IS A SYSTEM IN PLACE IN THIS GAME TODAY WHICH ALLOWS PLAYERS TO GAIN HUGE AMOUNTS OF LAND WITH ZERO RISK.

DJBeif Game profile

Apr 6th 2014, 20:53:41

It seems to me that if we don't have land-trading, which I agree is a great way to start up conversation with others as I got to know a couple people in MD and TPA, things will go back to a few alliances beating everyone else out because they can bottomfed faster, or pacting people with 200% L:L rules instead of the old "will retal" statuses so when someone screws up, they're serverely punished. It goes back to alliances LGing the crap out other smaller ones who are kept so low that they don't have a chance to retal, and are left to suicide. That of course angers people on the server since their set got screwed, then they punish the suiciding alliance even more and extort every last bit of essence from them, or just FS them, farm them after they've been obliterated, and farm them the set after. One nice, big, disgusting mess.

Perhaps the country:country DR can be raised so ghost acres are harder to come by, but land-trading is in my view the friendliest, most peaceful way to gain land short of all-x. With so few neutrals (who don't suicide on you), pretty much the whole server would go all-x just so they don't piss anyone off. Not to mention that some of the neutrals who are getting hit constantly are newbies who would get extremely discouraged that they can't get anywhere and leave the game.

Let's face it, pretty much every advantage there is to be taken has been taken in this game over the many years; some alliances excel at exploiting them more so than other alliances. This land-trading is just another of the exploits, and until it's fixed, it will continue to be taken advantage of. Calling on the whole server to cease it just because a few people think it's wrong isn't really going to work out as well as one would hope...noone or no alliance here controls the server.

Kalick Game profile

Apr 6th 2014, 21:25:09

You guys are silly, lol. In a set where landtrading was ubiquitous, where every single person in the top 10 got there by landtrading, are you seriously claiming that landtrading is FA? Perhaps I am not interpreting correctly?

I don't think anybody is claiming landtrading is FA. Landtrading is mutually beneficial, FA is just one guy giving his stuff to another guy.

I don't really pay as close attention as other people do, but my understanding is the top 2 TPA players likely received FA to get them where they are.

Edited By: Kalick on Apr 6th 2014, 21:28:52
See Original Post

Bleedblue

Apr 6th 2014, 21:46:12

yea osso stop getting FA so i can be in the top 5. or just rasp it up a bit more. ;p

Pride Game profile

Apr 6th 2014, 21:49:51

Cool, lets kill TPA next set. Sof you'll get yourself a break :)

Zorp Game profile

Apr 6th 2014, 21:59:33

What's with the FA allegations? #1 was sitting on 80k acres since land trading ended, surely he was set for a 300M set already. Then he pulled that land trading trick, which got him an extra few million in NW. Does anybody have any proof of FA or is this all essentially just baseless accusations?

Pride Game profile

Apr 6th 2014, 22:06:56

Originally posted by Zorp:
What's with the FA allegations? #1 was sitting on 80k acres since land trading ended, surely he was set for a 300M set already. Then he pulled that land trading trick, which got him an extra few million in NW. Does anybody have any proof of FA or is this all essentially just baseless accusations?

It doesn't take a genius to see it.

Atryn Game profile

Apr 6th 2014, 22:09:22

Market ops.

Arsenal

Apr 6th 2014, 22:44:25

Both the TPA player and Osso were FA'd.

Thats beyond question.

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 6th 2014, 22:53:38

I'm more concerned with the lame trading that's going on in this game now.

Seems you MD guys are more concerned with FA. I'll get you on my side sooner or later. Trading is just an extension of what you are complaining about.

Bombay Game profile

Apr 6th 2014, 22:56:14

Originally posted by Atryn:

Market ops.

This.

And

The Osso vs Vincey Landtrade at the end, while I think it is a genius move(And I think it adds more NW than the small estimation), it kinda violates the unspoken rule of no more than 3 hits in a set with a country. Overall Genius, It sits better with me if it were kept to 3 throughout the set.

Osso Game profile

Apr 6th 2014, 22:56:53

Well, I definitely wasn't FA'd. My country is public too, so at the end of set I believe my news feed will be readable to anyone who wants to confirm that. I don't think anyone seriously thinks I was FA'd though; my finish will actually fall about 35m nw short of where it should have due to blunders I made right before my destock.
Evo FA

Bombay Game profile

Apr 6th 2014, 22:59:59

Originally posted by Requiem:
I'm more concerned with the lame trading that's going on in this game now.

Seems you MD guys are more concerned with FA. I'll get you on my side sooner or later. Trading is just an extension of what you are complaining about.

Yes, more concerned with FA. I think that Landtrading adds a nice social aspect to the game. But I think that it can be abused...

SolidSnake Game profile

Apr 6th 2014, 23:02:23

God I hope no one was fa'd, considering the land trading all the t10 finishes are embarrassingly low as it is, to get fa and still be that low would really not say much for the calibre of netgaining currently on to server...

Bombay Game profile

Apr 6th 2014, 23:02:35

Well, I definitely wasn't FA'd. My country is public too, so at the end of set I believe my news feed will be readable to anyone who wants to confirm that. I don't think anyone seriously thinks I was FA'd though; my finish will actually fall about 35m nw short of where it should have due to blunders I made right before my destock.

I do not see any evidence that Osso was FA'd. I too bought out my Private as a Mono, big blunder that cost me around 14m-17m NW in the end. Can't quite calc it as I planned to do some destocking on the public.

Osso Game profile

Apr 6th 2014, 23:06:40

SolidSnake, ever the charmer, lol.
Evo FA

Bombay Game profile

Apr 6th 2014, 23:07:20

Originally posted by SolidSnake:
God I hope no one was fa'd, considering the land trading all the t10 finishes are embarrassingly low as it is, to get fa and still be that low would really not say much for the calibre of netgaining currently on to server...

Longtime man, we gotta catch up sometime.

Looks like a strong T10 compared to the last 3 sets of Netting.

locket Game profile

Apr 6th 2014, 23:36:03

Requiem until you provide me with more players to do hits with or bottomfeed then I think anyone who is so against landtrading is against fun. Why should I be forced to bottomfeed with the other 500 players? If you got rid of ghost acres entirely than the only people who would enjoy the game are those who bottomfeed, those who dont mind all exploring, and those who can run giant techers and farm others.

And those doing the BF would hate themselves anyways!

BILL_DANGER Game profile

Apr 6th 2014, 23:39:34

WE DON'T NEED GHOST ACRES TO CAUSE PLAYERS TO BE INTRODUCED TO ONE ANOTHER. WE AT THE MIGHTY CLAN [DANGER]! MAKE FRIENDS THE OLD FASHIONED WAY: POST-EXPLOSIONS!

HA!

SolidSnake Game profile

Apr 6th 2014, 23:44:42

Requiem until you provide me with more players to do hits with or bottomfeed then I think anyone who is so against landtrading is against fun. Why should I be forced to bottomfeed with the other 500 players? If you got rid of ghost acres entirely than the only people who would enjoy the game are those who bottomfeed, those who dont mind all exploring, and those who can run giant techers and farm others.

And those doing the BF would hate themselves anyways!

So to paraphrase you want is a game that doesn't reward being good at the game, and or putting time into playing the game, you simply want a game where any newb can compete with the best players...

BILL_DANGER Game profile

Apr 6th 2014, 23:50:38

MY PROPOSALS:
1: ELIMINATE GHOST ACRES
2: YOU CAN ONLY INITIATE AN ACT OF AGGRESSION AGAINST SOMEONE WITHIN +/- 25% OF YOUR NETWORTH, UNLESS THAT PERSON HAS COMMITTED AN ACT OF AGGRESSION AGAINST YOU PREVIOUSLY!

ALL PROBLEMS SOLVED!
LAND-TRADING: ELIMINATED!
BOTTOMFEEDING: ELIMINATED!
TOPFEEDING (SNICKER): ELIMINATED!

I CAN HEAR THE COMPLAINTS ALREADY! SO I WILL ANSWER THEM IN ADVANCE!!! CORRECT, YOU WILL NO LONGER BE ABLE TO GAIN fluffLOADS OF LAND BY MERCILESSLY FARMING THOSE MUCH MUCH SMALLER THAN YOU, OR THROUGH A RIDICULOUS CONCEPT BY WHICH LAND IS CREATED FROM THIN AIR VIA EXPLOSIONS (HMM.. "LITTLE BANG" THEORY PERHAPS?). BUT!!! SINCE, AS HAS BEEN ESTABLISHED IN THIS THREAD AND MANY MANY OTHERS, ONLY THE ELITE PLAYERS ARE ABLE TO BOTTOMFEED SUCCESSFULLY, I HAVE NO DOUBT THAT THE UPPER ECHELON OF PLAYERS WILL BE THE FIRST TO FIGURE OUT CREATIVE WAYS TO ADJUST AND ADAPT TO MY BRILLIANT NEW WORLD ORDER!

EMBRACE CHANGE!
BILL DANGER 2016

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 6th 2014, 23:51:17

Requiem until you provide me with more players to do hits with or bottomfeed then I think anyone who is so against landtrading is against fun.

I'm against 20k acres in 5 min land trading. That's what I am against.

SolidSnake Game profile

Apr 6th 2014, 23:57:24

Originally posted by Bombay:

Longtime man, we gotta catch up sometime.

Looks like a strong T10 compared to the last 3 sets of Netting.

Heh hey, yeah it has been awhile... you back playing?

And it terms of numbers the t10 nw's are higher, but relatively most alliances weren't trading. With everyone trading this set bar those at war you would expect much higher numbers. 300m legit was very doable this set with the tech market, so for no one legit to be in the t10 is pretty sad. And before anyone gets angry yes i know land trading isnt against the rules its just a hyper faggy way to play.

RaTS FYA Game profile

Apr 7th 2014, 0:35:34

I'm really suprised its taken you guys this long to figure this kind of thing out, again FFA has been doing it for several sets.
<~qzjul> it gives you a good introduction to orbital mechanics and a good appreciation for how central delta-V is and thrust to weight ratio
<RaTSFYA>The only thrust to weight ratio I'm worried about involves the women I pick up at bars

mrford Game profile

Apr 7th 2014, 0:41:16

years*
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

FibonKylix Game profile

Apr 7th 2014, 1:00:23

Bonus

IXNeo Game profile

Apr 7th 2014, 1:04:01

congrats vincey!!!!

+bonus
IXNeo
Illuminati X
Division: EoS

HavocMD

Apr 7th 2014, 1:19:14

Not nearly as cool as my 19-0 run in Madden on easy.

tellarion Game profile

Apr 7th 2014, 1:24:48

Osso wasn't FAed, and I am fairly certain vincey wasn't either. Vincey had numerous top 10 finishes and absolutely has the skill to pull it off.

As far as trading being mindless, take a look at some stats this set. Md, tie, tpa, evo, Lcn and pdm all traded extensively this set. Take a look at the average land figures and compare them to the average net figures. You'll notice that dk was incredibly fat, but they finished 7th in avgnw. Even if everyone trades, it doesn't guarantee anything...the best will still rise to the top.

keivisuaL Game profile

Apr 7th 2014, 1:34:29

ok
Innocence is something we all forget. I haven't quite, I'm naive.

Ka Mac

Apr 7th 2014, 1:53:49

Land Trading vs. Bottom Feeding

I absolutely agree with Osso, trading is way better than bottom feeding.

I've been a bottom feeder all set in E2025 and the last set (my first in EE). This set, I've tried trading. Besides land gains, I got to gain/meet good people, also a deeper knowledge about the game. Bottom feeding pushes new players away from this server/game. Trading was fun. So next set, see you guys at the trading channel. You know where that is. ;) I'll be staying away from tella though, if he's still a CI. :P

tellarion Game profile

Apr 7th 2014, 2:08:27

Hey, I was the only commie in the top 100!!!