Verified:

Osso Game profile

Apr 6th 2014, 20:21:31

You guys are silly, lol. In a set where landtrading was ubiquitous, where every single person in the top 10 got there by landtrading, are you seriously claiming that landtrading is FA? Perhaps I am not interpreting correctly?

I can definitely take credit (or blame if you prefer? lol) for these end of set trades. I thought it was an interesting and novel way of shortening the normally required destock time, and highlighted a so far largely unused way method of getting that little extra bit out of a country. The funny thing is, when you account for the extra costs due to needing more military tech, these 5 trades are better than break even, but not much more. The extra acres give you a faster destock, and thus a bit of extra stocking time, but between the military costs, the loss of buildings, and the significantly larger amount of military tech required, it's a gain of maybe 5-7m nw compared to not doing it. Also, rather amusingly, I was so focused/distracted/tired while planning this and the rest of my destock that I made 2 huge blunders in consecutive logins, first by accidentally selling my entire stockpile at $39, and next by buying out my pm while still mon. If you really find these trades as so horrible, at least there is some schadenfreude for you to enjoy. :P

Myself, I would love to see enough countries and untags on the server that bottom feeding became seriously viable again (perhaps with the introduction of ai bots?), but I strongly disagree that landtrading is some sort of evil scourge that ruins the server. That particular honor falls to cheaters and power bloc politics in my view.

When landtrading, people interact with each other, people socialize, they meet members of other clans and, in my experience, they often make friends with them and develop mutual respect. In these ways, landtrading is -very good- for the game. It is fun, it is sociable, it's often good for developing relations with other clans...Nope, I don't buy your arguments that it is some sort of disgusting/lame way to play the game.

What would your ideal have? No ghost acres, just people bottom feeding targets or allxing to gain land? To reverse your question, how is bottom feeding good for the game?

Evo FA