Verified:

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jan 16th 2014, 19:30:47

Originally posted by albob:
@Mdevol - I don't understand why the authorities were not involved here?? If this was a business it would no question. Because this is a game we should let data theft slide? The FBI loves this kind of thing. I want to know the PERSONAL names of the people who were involved in the hacking since they probably know mine... We could order a subpoena on the game owners and domain name other of http://www.earthempires.com to be foreced to provide the information either way..

Pang forwarded the info to their whatever-you-call-it-task-force. Also we're Canadian =D

Edited By: qzjul on Jan 16th 2014, 19:33:35
See Original Post
Finally did the signature thing.

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jan 16th 2014, 19:33:16

Originally posted by ssewellusmc:
Qzjul - were the people using scripts banned or deleted? Who were they?

Honestly, it's hard to catch that sort of thing; and, I didn't have the script-catching stuff enabled at the time, for dev reasons. We were forwarded a copy of the script anonymously though.

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jan 16th 2014, 19:35:20

Originally posted by Sov:
The script was given to the admins very quickly by me and they responded very quickly, as such the script was likely never used.

Oh heh; I couldn't remember who sent it exactly. Or maybe it was to pang heh

Speaker Game profile

Jan 17th 2014, 0:20:01

They really suck when they are not legible. I understand the need for them but I also don't want to lose my ability to legitimately wall because I couldn't tell if it was an l, an I, or a 1.

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Jan 17th 2014, 2:47:56

Originally posted by RamsesII:
Originally posted by mrford:
fix the fluffing captcha. I died today because the fluff wouldn't load on my phone. this is bullfluff. no one bots. get rid of this fluff. now

Drama much? If your fingers are too fat for your tiny phone and you can't type in the captcha correctly, do you really deserve to play?

bored much?

https://gyazo.com/...b3bb28dddf908cdbcfd162513

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 17th 2014, 3:03:51

Originally posted by galleri:
fix the fluffing captcha. I died today because the fluff wouldn't load on my phone. this is bullfluff. no one bots. get rid of this fluff. now

Drama much? If your fingers are too fat for your tiny phone and you can't type in the captcha correctly, do you really deserve to play?

bored much?

Yea...... want me to write a song about it?

No need, fordy is gonna have a field day with you when he sees your reply LOL
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

mrford Game profile

Jan 17th 2014, 3:20:16

are you fluffing retarded? what part of wouldnt load can you not comprehend? how the fluff am i supposed to type anything when it wont load? my "fat fingers" have nothing to do with it, and even if they did, i have a phone with something called voice to text so i could roll that way.

if you want to insult someone, do it without insulting yourself. once you learn to do that, come at me again. till then, go suck your mothers fluff.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

mrford Game profile

Jan 17th 2014, 3:26:57

also, to you people talking about them not being legible, you do understand that you only have to enter half of the phrase for it to work right? just the numbers. the picture fluff doesnt matter.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

Boltar Game profile

Jan 17th 2014, 5:23:29

and yet no go fluff urself boltar and ur giants heathen ways.. u must miss me ford

mrford Game profile

Jan 17th 2014, 5:58:44

i forgot about you
Swagger of a Chupacabra

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator

Jan 17th 2014, 22:29:48

lmao

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

Alin Game profile

Jan 17th 2014, 22:41:23

Originally posted by Atryn:
Originally posted by Fuji:
Originally posted by qzjul:
Originally posted by Vic:
Ford wrote:
" What the fluff happened to it not showing up when you are being hit. That used to be a thing."

I was wondering the same. Was this changed this set ?

That was changed 2 sets ago or so? Because people were starting to use scripts to wall, allowing their buddies on IRC to login remotely. Because the captcha was ignored when you were hitting, the bots/scripts never encountered the captcha.

To the surprise of no one.

I wonder if you can tell us who you think was using the script Fuji. I bet you'd be surprised when you find out it was actually people from your "side".

As you are so fond of pointing out, Sov, that sounds like an accusation - care to post your proof?

We are so vehemently anti-cheating over here, you probably cannot even fathom it.

What Sov tries to say is: while he got "info" from hanlong and RD and used that info against other alliances, our cheaters are so incompetent they get caught before even cheating.

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator

Jan 18th 2014, 3:40:47

Well this thread was going funny............
dammit Alin

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 18th 2014, 4:36:04

LOL, Alin you party pooper you!! :p
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

Cerberus Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 18th 2014, 4:46:13

I have been captcha'd a number of times in a row when logging in over the last few days.

It's yet another annoyance that we have to put up with to play the game.

I'll eventually get annoyed enough to retire.
I don't need anger management, people need to stop pissing me off!

Boltar Game profile

Jan 18th 2014, 7:33:05

i forgot about you

out of sight out of mind fordy

mrford Game profile

Jan 18th 2014, 8:23:53

believe it or not, i have been a bit busy
Swagger of a Chupacabra

Boltar Game profile

Jan 18th 2014, 11:47:53

So I have heard and hope things get better for u

ssewellusmc

Jan 18th 2014, 19:45:35

Originally posted by Alin:
Ford wrote:
" What the fluff happened to it not showing up when you are being hit. That used to be a thing."

That was changed 2 sets ago or so? Because people were starting to use scripts to wall, allowing their buddies on IRC to login remotely. Because the captcha was ignored when you were hitting, the bots/scripts never encountered the captcha.

I wonder if you can tell us who you think was using the script Fuji. I bet you'd be surprised when you find out it was actually people from your "side".

As you are so fond of pointing out, Sov, that sounds like an accusation - care to post your proof?

We are so vehemently anti-cheating over here, you probably cannot even fathom it.

What Sov tries to say is: while he got "info" from hanlong and RD and used that info against other alliances, our cheaters are so incompetent they get caught before even cheating.

I believe the script sov is talking about was intercepted from some SOL IXERS and forwarded to admin to stop the cheating. Nice try though Alin anus.

Edited By: ssewellusmc on Jan 18th 2014, 20:16:36
See Original Post

Pride Game profile

Jan 18th 2014, 20:01:41

Oddly
Ford wrote:

Sadly, when you're being hit is when people are *most likely* to use bots/scripts, and thus when captcha is required the most.

I will try to fix it up so it's in a better position on mobile &etc; as for not loading, it comes from google, so usually it loads fairly quickly.... depends on google uptime&speed i suppose

Leave it on, works fine.

Riddler Game profile

Jan 19th 2014, 0:28:55

I have to do a captcha EVERYTIME I log in

ssewellusmc

Jan 19th 2014, 17:08:09

Originally posted by ssewellusmc:
Originally posted by Alin:
Ford wrote:

I believe the script sov is talking about was intercepted from some SOL IXERS and forwarded to admin to stop the cheating. Nice try though Alin anus.

Nothing Alin?

ssewellusmc

Jan 23rd 2014, 22:34:00

No response Alin Anus?

General TwizTid

Mar 11th 2014, 4:38:41

I have to do the captcha everytime I switch browsers :(
General TwizTid
NBK HFA - FFA
EEVIL Member - Alliance
MSN:
yahoo:
#nbk on irc.gamesurge.net
http://nbk.boxcarhosting.com
[01:37] <@Gambit> if it has a hole, ill fill it!

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator

Mar 11th 2014, 4:58:33

2 months later.........

mrford Game profile

Mar 11th 2014, 7:02:36

are you fluffing retarded? what part of wouldnt load can you not comprehend? how the fluff am i supposed to type anything when it wont load? my "fat fingers" have nothing to do with it, and even if they did, i have a phone with something called voice to text so i could roll that way.

if you want to insult someone, do it without insulting yourself. once you learn to do that, come at me again. till then, go suck your mothers fluff.

It wouldn't load because your fat fingers weren't capable of pressing the small buttons on your device! Your fat fingers have everything to do with it. You're in denial.

I bet you feel special because you have unfettered access to the Internet all day, every day and you think that everything should instantly load for you. Well not all of us have that luxury. Some of us have to sneak, scheme and do unmentionable things in order to gain Internet access. Do you think someone would go to all this trouble in order to insult a fat fingered, quick tempered, dimwitted fool? Next time, think before you instruct your fat fingers to type such nonsense!

you are a fluffing idiot.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

h2orich Game profile

Mar 11th 2014, 7:54:30

Make captcha easier, like the 3rd bonus we always do daily.. A simple math question will do the job.

Why make it so hard with 1 word to be non-existent in the dictionary which causes Autocorrect to screw you up.